BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My coworkers tell me we had an applicant in the past answer yes to that question.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they always polygraph new cadets and give them strange questions?

My brother is an LEO.  He was asked if he had ever had sex with an animal before.

My coworkers tell me we had an applicant in the past answer yes to that question.

After a few hours on 4 chan you believe  that is pretty  normal for  human animal sex. Or atleast it is with girls.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
ooooops

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had 3 different polygraphs from different departments when I thought I wanted to be a cop.  All of them had questions like that.

Was a police chaplain for Colorado Springs while I was applying.  Saw enough that I was relieved when they passed over me at the very end.

Patrick

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Uh, that's why you're asked a series of control questions first that they already know the answers to. Is your name such and such, do you live at such and such street, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He should have applied at a department that doesn't do a poly.

It takes about an hour of research to educate yourself enough to render them even more worthless than they already are.. If you really give a shit, that is. CVSA's are even more bullshit than polys and they're commonly used still

Polys are pretty much only good for getting the truth out of stupid and/or gullible people.

If the polygraph does what they claim it does, the easiest way to defeat it is to tell nothing but lies on every question.

Uh, that's why you're asked a series of control questions first that they already know the answers to. Is your name such and such, do you live at such and such street, etc.
And if you lie about all that, the test is even more worthless than it normally is.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think it would be better to be thought evasive or deceptive than to admit to a child sex crime.

Too dumb to be a cop.
View Quote

Hard to believe that's possible.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I had 3 different polygraphs from different departments when I thought I wanted to be a cop.  All of them had questions like that.

Was a police chaplain for Colorado Springs while I was applying.  Saw enough that I was relieved when they passed over me at the very end.

Patrick

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Patrick

Did you know Joe Kenda?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:38:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Polygraphs are more about the psychological and emotional interaction of the examiner and the person being tested.

There's no such thing as a "lie detector" but if people believe that the magic box can see into their minds they can give off tells that then are interpreted (whether correctly or not) against a baseline.

It's all very shaky science, but it seems that a shit ton of jobs these days make you take one and they put a lot of credence in the results.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:45:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The weird questions are designed to throw you off. We get applicants with fucked up shit all the time. At least once every hiring cycle we call one into the station and arrest them for their outstanding warrants.
View Quote

Why does this not surprise me?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:09:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The weird questions are designed to throw you off. We get applicants with fucked up shit all the time. At least once every hiring cycle we call one into the station and arrest them for their outstanding warrants.

Ned to have more application and "hiring" events.  Let them know that "as long as you are honest, you will do well in the interview".
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ned to have more application and "hiring" events.  Let them know that "as long as you are honest, you will do well in the interview".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how can anyone be THAT stupid?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or you could be like Baltimore PD and let them clear up their warrants, then let them in the police academy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#14]
You would be amazed at  what folks will admit to in a background packet. Never done any polygraphs.

I had one guy admit to being married to three women. One in the US, One in Guam and one in Japan. (Yes, he was Navy)  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Honesty is the best policy....unless you had illegal sex with a minor when you were an adult. In that case you should probably take that to your grave.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#16]
It happens.

Once you figure out the exercise, its a matter of what they can get you to admit.

Mine had some inconclusives on it. That was enough for me to figure out that the actual test isn't as foolproof as everyone makes it out to be.

It's a psychological game.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]
And no, they don't like it when they come back with inconclusives.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Saves time and tax dollars when they turn themselves in like that.

I approve.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My brother interviewed to be a cop right out of college.  He said his poly consisted of all kinds of random shit.. like asking if he has had sex with animals and shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother interviewed to be a cop right out of college.  He said his poly consisted of all kinds of random shit.. like asking if he has had sex with animals and shit.

I was asked if I ever had sex with an animal during a poly and I said yes, she was pretty fat. I heard audible laughter from behind the mirror. The Trooper again asked have you ever had sex with an animal and it clicked that he was serious, and I said god no!  It never occurred to me that would be a serious question, hey I did not grow up ona farm. At the end I asked the Trooper did I pass, and he said in my 20 years of doing this you are the first person to ever beat me on the poly. Who said Troopers do not have a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he Swedish?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

One department asked me if I had ever had sex with animals. I laughed and asked if they were serious.

They said please answer the question.

And the answer was no,  of course... this story makes you wonder who ever said yes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Similar to the cop that was trying to become a secret agent for the feds a while back and boasted how sneaky he could be and how he had falsified cases as a cop.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

One department asked me if I had ever had sex with animals. I laughed and asked if they were serious.

And the answer was no,  of course... this story makes you wonder who ever said yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

And if you lie about all that, the test is even more worthless than it normally is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He should have applied at a department that doesn't do a poly.

It takes about an hour of research to educate yourself enough to render them even more worthless than they already are.. If you really give a shit, that is. CVSA's are even more bullshit than polys and they're commonly used still

Polys are pretty much only good for getting the truth out of stupid and/or gullible people.

If the polygraph does what they claim it does, the easiest way to defeat it is to tell nothing but lies on every question.

or they just fail you for not cooperating with the process - PDs make it extreemly clear that the poly will be a part of the hiring process, so intentionally failing doesnt help get you the job you are looking for.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I have had sex with animals!!!

Animalia/Chordata/Mammalia/Primates/Hominidae/Hominini/Homo/H. Sapiens!

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Three pages of this, and no one mentions a goose and a drawer??

Y'all be slacking.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#27]
And?

Some dumb ass who was a candidate told the sgt. doing his background that he fucked his dog once.

People are stupid.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top