User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

You think that the current administration would do a more thorough job of opposing communism??

Eta  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'd mostly agree in terms of their mentality... But where are they gonna get the weaponry for a proper revolution?

Nowhere, unless we supply them with it. It would be easier to just drop a couple Ranger Battalions in and be done with it.

I would not complain if my tax payer dollars went to supplying M4s to Cubans. In my opinion, direct interference/assistance shouldn't occur until the Cubans themselves formed a fighting force.

That didn't work out so well the last time we tried it.

I know. Kennedy hasn't been president for a while though. We could make it work this time if we actually grew a set of nuts.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

You think that the current administration would do a more thorough job of opposing communism??

Eta  

I think that congress might be able to do what we fucking pay them to do for once.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

CIA compromised the operation, and set the ex-pats up for major failure.  It's a very interesting story.

During the Cold War, there was always this speech mentioned where Kruschev talked about a ruse that would make the US think Russia was going to be a partner in peace.
Within the military establishment, whisperings and scenarios involving Cuba seemed to surface every so often.  It's one of the premises to Red Dawn.

We were really uncomfortable with Cuba being partners with the Soviet Union, since they provide strategic depth for a foreign army allied with Cuba.

I'm very suspicious of this Comrade Obama BS, to be totally honest.  Keep in mind that he is pushing hard to get this done before his term is up.  Why the rush?

Just another fire being lit by the destroyer from within, from my perspective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'd mostly agree in terms of their mentality... But where are they gonna get the weaponry for a proper revolution?

Nowhere, unless we supply them with it. It would be easier to just drop a couple Ranger Battalions in and be done with it.

I would not complain if my tax payer dollars went to supplying M4s to Cubans. In my opinion, direct interference/assistance shouldn't occur until the Cubans themselves formed a fighting force.

CIA compromised the operation, and set the ex-pats up for major failure.  It's a very interesting story.

During the Cold War, there was always this speech mentioned where Kruschev talked about a ruse that would make the US think Russia was going to be a partner in peace.
Within the military establishment, whisperings and scenarios involving Cuba seemed to surface every so often.  It's one of the premises to Red Dawn.

We were really uncomfortable with Cuba being partners with the Soviet Union, since they provide strategic depth for a foreign army allied with Cuba.

I'm very suspicious of this Comrade Obama BS, to be totally honest.  Keep in mind that he is pushing hard to get this done before his term is up.  Why the rush?

Any reading references?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You haven't lost me on your argument. I'm too drunk to have a rational discussion (just being honest), but it's pretty clear to anyone with an objective viewpoint that he doesn't even attempt to serve America's best interests. The only thing I can't decide at this point is whether he serves his own personal interests, or someone else's. His policies certainly don't improve the US of A as a whole...

Edited for grammar.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The CIA was penetrated by the Soviet NKVD before the CIA was even formed, back in the end of the OSS days.

One of the biggest goals the Command General's Staff had in the Politburo was to establish strategic depth in Latin America, and begin a domino effect as part of the revolution.

After a series of colossal "failures" in Eastern Europe, the same CIA doubles working for the KGB then were relocated to Latin American Bureau to repeat the same basic template they used against Czechoslovakia and Hungary, which is...

Acting in official capacity as US Foreign Intelligence Services officers of the Clandestine Services, these doubles work in the region building relationships of trust with host nations, defense attache's, supporting allies, and most importantly, the actual resistance groups to the revolution.

Before major resistance groups or ex pats trained and equipped by the CIA make their decisive moves, these same CS officers/doubles notify the targeted figures that the operation is getting ready to initiate, so they are prepared.  They often would use covert means to execute or capture the resistance fighters in Europe, before Soviet tanks came rolling in.

Castro new fully the location and disposition of the US-supplied ex-pats, and what exactly to do to prevent them from establishing a beach head.

Kennedy's CIA liaison for Operation Zapata even directly disobeyed his orders when it was time to send in the Nicaraguan pilots in A-26's to destroy Castro's air assets.

The Russians are very good at placing doubles where they need them, and are extremely bold about it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:38:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The CIA was penetrated by the Soviet NKVD before the CIA was even formed, back in the end of the OSS days.

One of the biggest goals the Command General's Staff had in the Politburo was to establish strategic depth in Latin America, and begin a domino effect as part of the revolution.

After a series of colossal "failures" in Eastern Europe, the same CIA doubles working for the KGB then were relocated to Latin American Bureau to repeat the same basic template they used against Czechoslovakia and Hungary, which is...

Acting in official capacity as US Foreign Intelligence Services officers of the Clandestine Services, these doubles work in the region building relationships of trust with host nations, defense attache's, supporting allies, and most importantly, the actual resistance groups to the revolution.

Before major resistance groups or ex pats trained and equipped by the CIA make their decisive moves, these same CS officers/doubles notify the targeted figures that the operation is getting ready to initiate, so they are prepared.  They often would use covert means to execute or capture the resistance fighters in Europe, before Soviet tanks came rolling in.

Castro new fully the location and disposition of the US-supplied ex-pats, and what exactly to do to prevent them from establishing a beach head.

Kennedy's CIA liaison for Operation Zapata even directly disobeyed his orders when it was time to send in the Nicaraguan pilots in A-26's to destroy Castro's air assets.

The Russians are very good at placing doubles where they need them, and are extremely bold about it.
View Quote

Well. You taught me something new. Basically Bay of Pigs was the Soviet spies intentionally fucking up American operations?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
GD,

Doing business with communist governments, But boycotting Leathermen.
View Quote

The computer I'm typing this on was manufactured by citizens of a Communist country.

And I think my Leatherman is fine, honestly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, America became James Yeager.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Roebuck, they want to go there for diving, the beaches, and some to go for the Cuban prostitutes. Check out the other threads.
View Quote
The majority of flights to Cuban are here from MIA, FLL and TPA. The majority passengers are Cubans who arrived after 1994
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

just out of curiosity, do you own anything made in germany, or japan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their country their rules.  The US doesn't need to be getting involved to telling other countries how to operate..unless they attack us or sponsor groups who attack us.

Lift the damn embargo already.

Why do you want to send money and aid to a government that tortured and killed my family?

just out of curiosity, do you own anything made in germany, or japan?

Or buy gasoline?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I agree.

If you gonna lift the embargo, destroy the regime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think that we should overthrow the Castro government, then lift the embargo.

Also, there'd be more utility in embargoing the Chinese, than lifting the embargo on Cuba.

I agree.

If you gonna lift the embargo, destroy the regime.
There is no embargo, Cubans can get anything from other sources. There are only 2 countries that honor the embargo, the USA and Israel. The US leads all countries in remittances with Spain behind in spite of the embargo. Cubans sending money, traveling to Cuba, and sending hard goods to Cuba is a BIG money maker for the Cubans here in Miami, the same Cubans that want the embargo. Castro and the Miami Cubans have made billions with the last batch of immigrants that have tighter ties with those in Cuba.

If the US really enforced the embargo, stopped remittances, stopped travel, quarantined the island allowing nothing in or out. Maybe that might have an effect.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#11]
You mean the dictatorship there doesn't want to give up power?  Shocked...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm always in favor of more freedom, not less.

If I want to sell something of mine to a Cuban (or vice versa), I'd appreciate it people didn't use guns to tell me I'm not allowed to.
View Quote

This. Also, don't give them any money. Just allow commerce to take place and the regime will weaken from within.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I honestly don't care. I want American companies to have the freedom to sell their shit to Cubans if they want to. And vice versa.

Isolationism sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  I'm not interested in sending aid.

I am, however, interested in spreading freedom and we're not doing much of that in Cuba with the embargo in place.

There are a lot of Cubans in America that are still operating under the fantasy that their property will be returned to them at some point.

I assure you that no matter what we do that is not going to happen.

I'm doubting ending the embargo will spread freedom, but just give more $ to Castro.

I honestly don't care. I want American companies to have the freedom to sell their shit to Cubans if they want to. And vice versa.

Isolationism sucks.

Amen Brother.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Government of Cuba would confiscate whatever you transacted with the Cuban people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I want to sell something of mine to a Cuban (or vice versa), I'd appreciate it people didn't use guns to tell me I'm not allowed to.

The Government of Cuba would confiscate whatever you transacted with the Cuban people.

All of it? Really?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

being a communist country, that mean's you're directly doing business with the Cuban government.
Since all business, means of producing are owned by the gov and required permits. You'd have to be dealing directly with the Castro's.
a Government known by the U.S. and abroad for being state sponsors of terrorism, torture, imprisoning, etc. with Exiles and living casualties of that government being U.S. Citizens now themselves.
There's a reason the Cuban Population here wants no one dealing with the Government there, because any material aid, or transaction there, the Government gets their slice, and that's money and Material
aid that the government then uses against the Cuban people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my problem.

being a communist country, that mean's you're directly doing business with the Cuban government.
Since all business, means of producing are owned by the gov and required permits. You'd have to be dealing directly with the Castro's.
a Government known by the U.S. and abroad for being state sponsors of terrorism, torture, imprisoning, etc. with Exiles and living casualties of that government being U.S. Citizens now themselves.
There's a reason the Cuban Population here wants no one dealing with the Government there, because any material aid, or transaction there, the Government gets their slice, and that's money and Material

Look at how amazing your stupid fucking ideas have worked out so far.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
With what money will the Cuban people being buying goods from you?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Start small. Every economy does.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Repeat after me 90% taxation with further fuck yous of dual currency coversions. There is no money in CUBAN that is not in th hands of the corrupt or the criminal Castro families.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Repeat after me 90% taxation with further fuck yous of dual currency coversions. There is no money in CUBAN that is not in th hands of the corrupt or the criminal Castro families.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

10% is more than they had.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He obviously know's the situation better there than actual Cubans apparently.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

but 90% more for the government.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have the definition of insanity boiled down into an art form. If your ideas don't work just scream louder.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my problem.

They have worked out just fine.  Cuba is a wreck and has been for years.  We have lost nothing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Our communist government is flying back and forth to suck communist dick.

DC to Cuba. Suck Dick. Cuba to DC. Repeat.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They have worked out just fine.  Cuba is a wreck and has been for years.  We have lost nothing.
View Quote

Really? We have lost 40 years of influencing the minds and hearts of the general population there through commerce.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You have the definition of insanity boiled down into an art form. If your ideas don't work just scream louder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Really? We have lost 40 years of influencing the minds and hearts of the general population there through commerce.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-6.png
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj606/roebuck1020/arfcomgdderp_zpsa1d12c8c.png

I'm responding with an opposing view point.  Please explain how that is trolling?

Do you think taunting me with names is going to win the argument like it did in grade school?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm responding with an opposing view point.[ LOL.]  Please explain how that is trolling?

Do you think taunting me with names is going to win the argument like it did in grade school?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm responding with an opposing view point.[ LOL.]  Please explain how that is trolling?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem to conveniently leave out certain parts of that equation, ironic considering Cuba has had access to the rest of the world this whole time.  I wonder why it still sucks for the people there?  And again, we have lost nothing. Cuba is not a large market in any measure.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Their country their rules.  The US doesn't need to be getting involved to telling other countries how to operate..unless they attack us or sponsor groups who attack us.

View Quote

Lifting the embargo abnd telling them how to operate are not the same thing.

They have been trading with the rest of the world for decades and life still sucks for most people there.

Us lifting the embargo ain't gonna help those people, it will just fund their fucked up government.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://archer.gamebanana.com/img/ico/sprays/keep_on_trollin.jpg
Quoted:

Quoted:

Explain how effective your ideas have been over the last 50 years.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#32]
It's so fucking stupid.

We could take Cuba in a day. In a day with minimal to no loses. The whole thing would be over quick and with all the Cuban Americans we could return to the Island there wouldn't be any insurgency bullshit. The Cuban Communist government has no big friends like the Soviet Union anymore to worry about.

Why we don't just go in and liberate that nation is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's so fucking stupid.

We could take Cuba in a day. In a day with minimal to no loses. The whole thing would be over quick and with all the Cuban Americans we could return to the Island there wouldn't be any insurgency bullshit. The Cuban Communist government has no big friends like the Soviet Union anymore to worry about.

View Quote

I would approve of this.

But i suspect things would happen such as North Koreans refugees commiting suicide after being in south korea for a while because they couldent cope with h ow different the world is and reality outside NK.

In Cuba, the history books show the U.S. as the agressor and starter of WW2, and indiscriminately Buked japan to take their Oil and impose imprealist government there. and invaded Europe to conqour under the guise of liberating them from the Nazi's, Whome the US Armed.

It wasn't until the Soviets came and Liberated Europe from the American occupation that Europe was free.

The GLORIOUS soviets.

Talking with people there. i get Asked how i felt about the atrocities American had committed on Japan and Europe. I was Until someone showed me a text book they got issued in School.
They love americans, and they generally feel unsure about everything they read and hear ,because they cant tell whats bullshit and whats not.

For example. they believe we're all dying in the streets from lack of medical care.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:10:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We have open socialist in office in our own country. Until we fight the ones here, there is little argument against dealing with others that don't effect us at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, fuck that. I don't want us lining up the wallets of a couple goddamn communist sonofabitches by the name of Raul and Fidel.

We have open socialist in office in our own country. Until we fight the ones here, there is little argument against dealing with others that don't effect us at all.

They don't have any impact on us because they don't have enough money and power. They're too close, keep it that way until they get their shit together.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Sure let's get in bed with more commies.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's so fucking stupid.

View Quote
If Miami politics is any indication, there maybe someone worse than Castro who will fill in. All you have to say is keep the embargo and it garners votes, for local elections and national elections. The Teller Amendment led to the Platt amendment.  2 US invasions, 1906 and 1912, 1934 Batista staged a military coup. He was finally toppled by Castro in 1959. Since then Castro has lived thru 11 US presidents. Helms-Burton strengthened the embargo, even Clinton signed it FOR VOTES in an election year.

There is a new generation of Cuban emigres to the US, who traveled here for economic reasons — to work and to send home money — rather than political reasons. This generation is focused less on hating Castro and more on helping their families. They would like to be able to travel back to Cuba more freely and send more money home from the US.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top