Quoted:

Is it rated to stop 338LM.?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First off, thanks for the videos, they are informative.

Second...  Well, hell, I have nothing useful to add.  I'd love to see how ceramic and those plastic plates hold up, but I understand if that's out of your budget.

I actually was sent a ceramic Level IV plate by this same company, but I just haven't figured out what to do with it yet.  I don't want to waste it by hitting it with something everyone knows it would stop anyway.    

Since they were nice enough to send it I want to use it for something awesome, I'm being patient for once lol.

nope

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
listen, or dont.

frankly, I dont care what you do.

keep debating this bullshit because you think you can save a buck on armor.

you are only fooling yourselves (well, and some newbies who might listen to you)

your life is in you own hands.
View Quote

I use AR500 and am confident that it is a hell of alot better than nothing, or the soft armor worn by my colleagues.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Whatever newb....
lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's "The Wound Channel"

Seems like he's trying to sell us something.

I'm sure he is making a fortune off of shooting ammo through body armor.

Go be the 99% somewhere else.

It's getting worse and worse. I joined long ago when people used to appreciate posting of info for the benefit of the community

Whatever newb....
lol

did you forget to take your meds today? what is your purpose on coming into this thread and shitting on it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I use AR500 and am confident that it is a hell of alot better than nothing, or the soft armor worn by my colleagues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

listen, or dont.

you are only fooling yourselves (well, and some newbies who might listen to you)

I would agree with that.  What do you wear to catch the bullet fragments?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
nope  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Second...  Well, hell, I have nothing useful to add.  I'd love to see how ceramic and those plastic plates hold up, but I understand if that's out of your budget.

I actually was sent a ceramic Level IV plate by this same company, but I just haven't figured out what to do with it yet.  I don't want to waste it by hitting it with something everyone knows it would stop anyway.    

Since they were nice enough to send it I want to use it for something awesome, I'm being patient for once lol.

nope  

I need an excuse to get out to NC this summer. My son's at Lejeune.  I'm always looking for an excuse to roll this thing out too.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I need an excuse to get out to NC this summer. My son's at Lejeune.  I'm always looking for an excuse to roll this thing out too.

http://dillehay.org/images/mrad_supp.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope  

http://dillehay.org/images/mrad_supp.jpg

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#7]
cool, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#8]
will watch after telling you your sights are backwards
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So you would not trust AR500 steel armor to save you in a gang related home invasion where threats have handguns, assuming the armor was struck by a bullet?

It's all about preparing for specific threats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

listen, or dont.

So you would not trust AR500 steel armor to save you in a gang related home invasion where threats have handguns, assuming the armor was struck by a bullet?

Then why not wear much lighter, much more comfortable soft armor, which incidentally protects more of your body?  THAT would be preparing for the specific threat you mention.  

Rifle plates are for threats with rifles.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Level IV if you want to live.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

will watch after telling you your sights are backwards
View Quote
Personal preference that people love to comment on lol.  They still work

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So would soft armor catch what comes through the plate?

<---uses ceramic plates
View Quote
Not at 7 yards no.  At this distance?  I wouldn't bet my life on it, I could try it though.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Very interesting that the velocity of M193 trumps the 855 with the steel penetrator.  I'd buy you a beer if you were ever in my neck of the woods.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Level IV Stay in moms basement if you want to live.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Very interesting that the velocity of M193 trumps the 855 with the steel penetrator.  I'd buy you a beer if you were ever in my neck of the woods.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fixed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Level IV Stay in moms basement if you want to live.

Fixed.
lmao

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If your location is correct shipping might be costly.  I would be glad to use it though, shoot me a PM if you have something specific in mind.  I have already filmed two more videos with this plate, it's about toast.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance of the same 2 tests with a 20" AR?
Some day. I just dont own one and its not in my budget right now.  

I would loan you a 20" upper for testing.
If your location is correct shipping might be costly.  I would be glad to use it though, shoot me a PM if you have something specific in mind.  I have already filmed two more videos with this plate, it's about toast.  

Isn't the integrity of the plate compromised once it's shot, especially after it has a hole through it?

If so, doesn't that mean it would be easier to shoot through the plate after it has already been shot through, which is not a very accurate result?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:04:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Are you going to try shooting it with the plate angled?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#20]
10mm, you want to borrow a 20" upper for testing?

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Isn't the integrity of the plate compromised once it's shot, especially after it has a hole through it?

If so, doesn't that mean it would be easier to shoot through the plate after it has already been shot through, which is not a very accurate result?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any chance of the same 2 tests with a 20" AR?
Some day. I just dont own one and its not in my budget right now.  

I would loan you a 20" upper for testing.

Steel is not nearly as susceptible to that as ceramic would be.  IMO none of the shot's I took were close enough to each other to influence the result.  Your opinion, of course, may vary.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:52:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Are you going to try shooting it with the plate angled?
View Quote
I can try, but it will not be easy to set that up safely at this shooting range.  I will have to find a time when I am the only one on a particular range.

I should probably buy a new plate, I sent several .308 rounds into this one since that is what it is rated for.  It's pretty used up now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
I would like to do some 20" testing, I may just buy a 20" 5.56 barrel for my 300blk thrown together cheap gun and swap it out.  

I would be more eager to borrow a 20" upper if I had a test plan and test samples ready to go, at this point I do not have either of those.    
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would like to do some 20" testing, I may just buy a 20" 5.56 barrel for my 300blk thrown together cheap gun and swap it out.  

I would be more eager to borrow a 20" upper if I had a test plan and test samples ready to go, at this point I do not have either of those.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you ever need one i have a heavy barrel a2 upper that i can let go on vacation for a bit.
you would have to tuck it in at night and read it bedtime stories though
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
so are you a paying industry member?  

Cause we keep getting directed to your channel which i assume you make money for.

View Quote

Seriously dude...those rumors about you sucking the "double donger" might just be true
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
if you ever need one i have a heavy barrel a2 upper that i can let go on vacation for a bit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol thanks, that's very generous of you.   I will keep it in mind for future tests.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#28]
That's why Level III is bullshit.

XM193 is so common that to me a Level III plate is worthless weight to carry around. Have to go with a Level IV or a Level III that the manufacturers specifically states will defeat XM193.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is why I use 20" barrels on my AR
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

XM193 is so common that to me a Level III plate is worthless weight to carry around. Have to go with a Level IV or a Level III that the manufacturers specifically states will defeat XM193.

View Quote

Moreover, if you had to select level III plates that are vulnerable to a common round (like M855), why not go with UHMWPE plates that weigh 3lb each, have the same multihit ability, and don't spall?

Steel is the answer to a question noone asked, unless that question is about the ideal basement armor.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Moreover, if you had to select level III plates that are vulnerable to a common round (like M855), why not go with UHMWPE plates that weigh 3lb each, have the same multihit ability, and don't spall?

Steel is the answer to a question noone asked, unless that question is about the ideal basement armor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Polethylene is not dirt cheap.  No one is interested.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Level III is not bullshit or worthless. (Well, steel might be. ) But what the industry generally terms a "III+" (ceramic/PE hybrid) is probably the best of all worlds when it comes to weight and threat protection.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? No one? Nobody on ARFCom has enough money to afford real plates?

Dang.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Dang.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang.  
I think the people who want to spend the money do their research and conclude that hybrid III or some flavor of IV are the way to go, precisely because of the stated deficiencies of the other plates being discussed.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I think the people who want to spend the money do their research and conclude that hybrid III or some flavor of IV are the way to go, precisely because of the stated deficiencies of the other plates being discussed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang.  
ding ding ding

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dang.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Polyethylene is not dirt cheap.  No one is interested.  

Dang.  

A PE plate can go as high as 600. That's two months worth of hot pockets and doritos, so if your plates are a novelty buy destined for a closet, the price differential is significant.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
A PE plate can go as high as 600. That's two months worth of hot pockets and doritos, so if your plates are a novelty buy destined for a closet, the price differential is significant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Polyethylene is not dirt cheap.  No one is interested.  

Dang.  

I think you may be underestimating the rate at which arfcommers can devour hot pockets

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
lol thanks, that's very generous of you.   I will keep it in mind for future tests.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i enjoy your videos and think it would be neat to point out to buddies "hey thats my upper!"
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
listen, or dont.

Gangs don't have Ar15s or XM193 ?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

listen, or dont.

They probably have birdshot and 25acp

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#41]
m855 vs m855A1 penetration and accuracy test. Cut all the Army BS and get down to the truth of things.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

m855 vs m855A1 penetration and accuracy test. Cut all the Army BS and get down to the truth of things.
View Quote
After my personal testing I have no use for either of those rounds

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really!? Whats your personal favorite after all your testing?

Also, does it help you any if we click on advertisers or watch the preview commercial? I always do for fellow ARFcommers just in case it helps you any.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Also, does it help you any if we click on advertisers or watch the preview commercial? I always do for fellow ARFcommers just in case it helps you any.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still think 5.56 is versatile so I couldn't just pick one round.  But if I had to pick one I would pick m193 based on performance (both terminal and accuracy), price, and availability.  I have a ton of green tip, probably more than 1000 rounds, I like it and it's fine I would just pick m193 if I wanted a bulk sort of SHTF/plinking round.   If it was just for defense where I wasn't planning to need a ton of ammo and for most hunting situations I would go with Fusion.  Long range I would go mk262.

I am pretty sure it does help so thank you, I'll thank my lucky stars if I ever get to the point where I can break even on these videos and only have to spend my time.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's more about knowledge and curiosity. Report in the past stated the M855A1 is very hard on the bolt. Cracks can been seen around the 3k mark. It has been said the M855A1 have better accuracy but not with a standard M4 with 1:7 twist. There is a lot of questions surround the M855A1 performance.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is why I use 20" barrels on my AR
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#47]

You really showed him.

I'm very impressed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top