Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/26/2015 2:13:59 AM EDT

Prepping for the next winter storm up north.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You should see the stores down here at the mere mention of snow.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope. I try to stay a little more prepared than that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The only unfortunate thing is this storm won't dump nearly enough snow on us. I want to be able to measure it in feet not inches.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:17:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Hurricane season down here always gets the idiots panicking.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:17:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I swear everyone around here must make French toast on snow days.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:17:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep. When hurricanes make landfall here.

Even though Austin is 200 miles inland OMFG! HURRICANE! IT MIGHT RAIN! NECKBEARD ALL THE THINGS! !!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:18:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, most of the time when a hurricane is incoming.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:22:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep. When hurricanes make landfall here.

Even though Austin is 200 miles inland OMFG! HURRICANE! IT MIGHT RAIN! NECKBEARD ALL THE THINGS! !!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:22:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Milk, bread, and eggs.  French toast preppers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep...

Hurricane Katrina, Ike...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:23:45 AM EDT
[#11]
If there is talk of snow in the south you can go and buy anything you want except for milk and bread.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:24:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I have at late at night on the first of the month when the welfare rolls in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:26:27 AM EDT
[#13]
They say the storm that is going to hit back east  will be effecting up 50 million people. They predict it will be in the Top 5 biggest storms ever. Uh yeah glad I live in Socal had shorts and a t-shirt on all day today.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:27:20 AM EDT
[#14]
We see that here in flood country sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:29:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Hurricanes result in the same thing down here.  I will say, though, the frozen food and meat market stays relatively untouched.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:33:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:36:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Yup thats Thursday in rural Ak.

Want milk on Saturday?

Better stock up on Wednesday.

I'm not exaggerating one bit.

And by rural I mean the ex capital with around 8-10k people.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:37:56 AM EDT
[#18]
We had one in my neighborhood go out of business recently.  It looked like that on its very last day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#19]
My younger sister lives in NYC. Sent her a txt earlier saying looks like they are expecting 30" of global warming. She said she stocked up on food and batteries, and luckily doesn't have to (try to go to) work for the next few days.

I guess if you live up there, it behooves you to stock up a little bit. I can't image all that white shit all over the place. Shit, an inch or two around here and shit grinds to a fucking halt!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:47:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Tornadoes don't give you anywhere near that much lead time . . . . .just sayin'.

dp
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:50:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They say the storm that is going to hit back east  will be effecting up 50 million people. They predict it will be in the Top 5 biggest storms ever. Uh yeah glad I live in Socal had shorts and a t-shirt on all day today.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

I grew up in the crosshairs of megasnowpocalypse 2015. I enjoyed wearing shorts today, fuck snow.

Also: I bet the people that make "no crust bread" are really sad right about now. Disaster is looming and still nobody buys their product.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:55:39 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Yup that's Texans

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:14:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like the Safeway in Kodiak when the barge doesnt make it in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:18:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Yup
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:19:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Nope.

Not even with a good storm coming in.
We get zero warning lake effect dumps all winter, so people generally stay well stocked anyhow.

Seen stores get close to that when summer holidays are on Fridays though.
Nobody wants to deal with the stupid Illinois fucktards, so they stock up before the FIPs get here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:21:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Typical milk and bread stampede. Morons.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Looking at a good amount of snow on the CT coastline.

WTF is this "stocking up" thing people speak of? Shouldn't people already have enough for at least a week already, if not much, much longer stashed away?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looking at a good amount of snow on the CT coastline.

WTF is this "stocking up" thing people speak of? Shouldn't people already have enough for at least a week already, if not much, much longer stashed away?
View Quote

Only if you're a backwoods hick/Hoarder, with irrational fears and massive insecurities.

Citiots and Democrats, are above such things, as the Govt. will cover all their needs...except for French Toast.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:49:40 AM EDT
[#29]
yup.. a few times a year that happens..   winter is a bitch.. you'd think people would have learned by now
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:58:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Worked in a grocery store for 3.5 years. Every time we were expecting snow we couldn't keep bread, milk, or eggs on the shelves.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Worked in a grocery store for 3.5 years. Every time we were expecting snow we couldn't keep bread, milk, or eggs on the shelves.
View Quote

which doesnt make a whole lot of sense really

out of all the food in a grocery store..  milk, bread and eggs are the go tos?

whats the plan of attack when all shit goes to hell,,  bake some fucking brownies?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:04:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Every time treaty cheques get cashed.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:24:02 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

out of all the food in a grocery store..  milk, bread and eggs are the go tos?

whats the plan of attack when all shit goes to hell,,  bake some fucking brownies?
French toast man, it is the winter storm survival food.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:26:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Looks like the Safeway in Kodiak when the barge doesnt make it in.
View Quote
This guy gets it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would like to know more... Welfare for natives?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:46:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Why I love Seattle despite liberals! (and have a healthy stocked pantry anyways)
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:53:48 AM EDT
[#37]
that looks like a usual day at this poorly run kash n karry (ruskin, fl) that was on a bread route that i had in the late 90's.

the showtown bar in gibsonton was on my route. that was a creepy place. i kinda miss seeing all that weird shit that went on during the late night to the early hours of the morning.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My younger sister lives in NYC. Sent her a txt earlier saying looks like they are expecting 30" of global warming. She said she stocked up on food and batteries, and luckily doesn't have to (try to go to) work for the next few days.

I guess if you live up there, it behooves you to stock up a little bit. I can't image all that white shit all over the place. Shit, an inch or two around here and shit grinds to a fucking halt!
View Quote

I remember my freshmen year of high school, we were going to get 24-30" of snow. I was hoping for a snow day. We got 2 feet of snow, but no snow day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I remember my freshmen year of high school, we were going to get 24-30" of snow. I was hoping for a snow day. We got 2 feet of snow, but no snow day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Nothing gets cancelled after new years.
Gotta get the min. number of days in, to get the funding.
A couple of feet in an afternoon just means OT for the Janitors.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#40]
and theres still more food there than in venezuela.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I have seen toilet paper get hit that hard around here when a big snow fall is forecasted.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:21:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Yup, 1st and 3rd of every month....only the potato chips/soda aisle usually takes the full hit and are so full of whale carts you can't traverse the area without getting a hernia.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:33:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly, they get a cheque once a month, the stores get gutted of canned goods and processed foods, the liquor stores get bought out of cheapish booze as the recipients do a months shopping at one time
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#44]
We use something called a "pantry" and a "freezer" and we buy "groceries." Do these people eat out every day or not cook at home?

Why would you run such a tight inventory that you had no preparation for a few days without being able to go to the store?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:40:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Only the liquor department.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Being in hurricane alley I see that often.

If there is enough damage , it stays that way for weeks.  I keep a month supply of emergency food per, on top of what's in our pantry for crap like that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

AMEN BROTHER.......carts full of bread, milk, and chips!.......and cigarettes will sell out also!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Commence Operation French Toast
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Every Wal-Mart around here in the Greater Pittsburgh Metro Jerry Springer Nation when duh EBTs fill up
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

There would be no bread on the shelves.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top