BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What if I told you, the BATFE allows certain people to keep post 1986 machine guns?
View Quote

I would say that bodes well for the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Win or lose, we will at the least expose them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if I told you, the BATFE allows certain people to keep post 1986 machine guns?

I wouldn't be surprised

How many you figuring are on that list?

50?

100?

More?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It would piss me off something fierce...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.

Soon?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Go out of Business?  Quite the opposite.  There would be Lots of Machine Gun Sales.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not naming any names. I'm not exposing myself to drama, or some butthurt gun dealer trying to sue me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
......I remember back in 2012 when I was stationed at Fort Campbell, some of the gun dealers around me were hoping Obama got re-elected, so their sales would go up.

Now with the Hollis vs Holder suit, it seems to have some of the more fucktarded SOTs around the country worried......

On Saturday, I was at a semi-local NFA dealer, and heard a conversation between the two guys behind the counter, that while they thought it was private, wasn't so private afterall.

I overhead the guy saying how if the NFA were repealed, or if post-86 MGs were legal again, he'd loose lots of money, or possibly go out of business, and that he hopes the lawsuit fails.

Is this really the type of people that dealers specalizing in NFA items, actually are? I bet there's more than a few dealers and MG owners on this forum that hope Hollis vs Holder fails as well.

NAMES????

I'm not naming any names. I'm not exposing myself to drama, or some butthurt gun dealer trying to sue me.

I was mainly being sarcastic.

I used to live in NOVA and no, after watching that other VA dealer clown a couple of years ago...not surprised. I can still remember talking to some of the FUDD cunts in years past about the need to give up the AW to protect their uber expensive shotguns from regulations.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.

Soon?

Yes.

Soon

Not

Soon™

Right?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#9]
moot point; it's not getting repealed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Then tell us who they are so we can avoid them and/or make that fucker famous.

I am not optimistic about having a positive outcome or even neutral outcome in these suits, but fuck that Benedict Arnold piece of shit.

We don't need friends like that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip

Then tell us who they are so we can avoid them and/or make that fucker famous.

I am not optimistic about having a positive outcome or even neutral outcome in these suits, but fuck that Benedict Arnold piece of shit.

We don't need friends like that

On this we can agree.

Worse the Liberal gun grabbers IMO.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

NAMES????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
......I remember back in 2012 when I was stationed at Fort Campbell, some of the gun dealers around me were hoping Obama got re-elected, so their sales would go up.

Now with the Hollis vs Holder suit, it seems to have some of the more fucktarded SOTs around the country worried......

On Saturday, I was at a semi-local NFA dealer, and heard a conversation between the two guys behind the counter, that while they thought it was private, wasn't so private afterall.

I overhead the guy saying how if the NFA were repealed, or if post-86 MGs were legal again, he'd loose lots of money, or possibly go out of business, and that he hopes the lawsuit fails.

Is this really the type of people that dealers specalizing in NFA items, actually are? I bet there's more than a few dealers and MG owners on this forum that hope Hollis vs Holder fails as well.

NAMES????

I hope they go out business soon I would not shop there ever again. If they are too stupid to realize the business they would get if NFA was repealed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shit bags like that belong on the end of a rope with the rest of the treasonous pieces of shit....
View Quote

+2
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#14]
disgusting....

while some parts of the country are getting boots on their necks for basic freedoms..  faggots like this are praying freedom doesnt win.

i hope to shit their store doesnt burn down....

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's all been brought up before. Most MG owners would trade the value in their collection to be able to buy new MGs for a tiny fraction of current pricing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I recently bought a machine gun and I'd trade its value to register 10 AR-15's and 10 AK's in a heartbeat!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What is this I don't even.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not

Soon™

Right?

What is this I don't even.

Soon™  Is code for "As soon as its ready." Not "Soon next week.".

Also, why do you feel then need to show up with stuff like this so near bed time then make me stay up hopping for info.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Freedom is secondary to making a buck.  If your outlook is to buy overvalued shit with very similar functionality to existing arms for thousands more because you believe the existing law will continue on forever then you should just jump headfirst into cow shit.  Which also most likely implies those same people would do nothing to change the law.

I'm not referring to people who buy FA weapons because that's what they want, I'm referring to the people who specifically buy them as an investment.  That's hedging on your 2A rights never being fully restored.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote

Can I safely assume this goes well beyond a SOT expiring and them keeping pre-may dealer samples?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I know a man who renounced his lifetime NRA membership in disgust in 1994 after he overheard a gun store owner, who was an NRA bigwig talking about how much he liked Bill Clinton for signing the federal AW ban.  The store owner was in the process of tripling the marked prices on AR-15 rifles.

I understand that business is reptilian and that marking up the prices was the logical thing to do, but the guy's attitude was disgusting.
View Quote

Not long after Sandy Hook when the panic was getting into high gear I walked into two brand new gunshops on the same day.  The first one I talked to the owner and he told me that he would only raise prices as his distributors did so that he could stay in business.  Over the last few years he has stayed true to his word.  I talked to the owner of the second one and he told me he was about to remove the prices from his PMAGs and when a customer would ask to buy one he would check the internet and sell it for the highest price he found.

Guess which store I continue to shop at and which one I have never set foot in again?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I mean, there are some dealers sitting on shit that would loose their shirts if it was repealed. That's the nature of doing business. Some times investments change. Nothing is given, markets have a habit of changing. Evolve or die.

Myself personally? I'd be happy to see my couple of hundred k get turned into $50k worth so I could buy a new P90. Or a 249. Or 240b. Or 134. Or MK19. Or MP7. Or or or

Get the point?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was it John Brown ?

I would take the lose in value for the repeal of 1934 as would most NFA owners . Even most dealers would . rare guns and unusual examples would still have value . Original guns would still have value
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:00:15 AM EDT
[#23]
If we win the lawsuit and it turns out that ATF's actions are ruled unconstitutional/illegal, could not current MG owners sue for the financial damage doen to them by those actions?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have heard stories of this for many years
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised

Any anti-2nd politicians on that list?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was an article discussing it in Small Arms Review about 8 years ago, iirc.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

+2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit bags like that belong on the end of a rope with the rest of the treasonous pieces of shit....

+2

Would that same line of thought also extend to LEOs that arrest and charge citizens for possession of illegal firearms?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I too will be interested to read this further.  I read in the complaint and the answer that upon information and belief you had this info, but nothing specific.  Over the years, I've seen a few clearly post-86 transferrables for sale.  Mostly, they have been M16s that rumor has it, Colt re-made for a few special clients with old serials.

I have to imagine that if you can prove these exist, that you'll also have to prove that the BATFE had knowledge of them and were complicit in allowing them to remain in private hands and in the registry.  It's all well and good to say "look, your honor, John Doe has what clearly is a Colt M4 manufactured around 1996 and it's in the registry."  But surely, the ATF will deny knowledge and say "thank you for bringing it to our attention.  Had we been aware of it, we would have confiscated it immediately."  

The court probably isn't going to say "tough shit, now you've opened the floodgates" to the ATF.  It'll probably say "mistakes happen and they're going to deal with it.  It's irrelevant."  About the only thing that I can see happening without showing evidence that the ATF did indeed have knowledge and made exceptions, is that more than a few machine guns will be confiscated and those owners will loose thousands or hundreds of thousands.

How do you propose to deal with all that?  And do you have proof the ATF was complicit in this?  That's the stuff I'd like to know...I look forward to reading up on it.

For the record, the hatred from people on this board toward those who own machine guns currently is pretty astounding to me.  It really seems as though you all think we're trying to keep the little people down and that we think ourselves superior to you.  It's a totally ridiculous notion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.

who gets to keep posties, i was under the impression that dealers had to destroy, sell or surrender them after their SOT expired.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Shit.  A factory fresh m240 costs $16k today.  That is a hell of a lot cheaper than $175k, but still very pricey.
View Quote

the .mil pays 16k for a belt fed?  seriously ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Aren't there some senators, congressmen, and other high ranking officials able to get post guns added to the registration, and then sell them to others for profit? I've read of this before, but I forget where.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Unless the SOT is sitting on several mid to high dollar MGs or does a ton of transfers, NFA repeal/nullification would actually help him. Suppressor sales especially would skyrocket, but so too would MGs (albeit at a lower price, but more volume).
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

who gets to keep posties, i was under the impression that dealers had to destroy, sell or surrender them after their SOT expired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.

My guess?

Hollywood types, uber rich folk, high ranking .fed employes....

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit.  A factory fresh m240 costs $16k today.  That is a hell of a lot cheaper than $175k, but still very pricey.

Methinks ASB might be referring to the OOW semi-auto price?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Can I safely assume this goes well beyond a SOT expiring and them keeping pre-may dealer samples?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Well that's legal.  If it was a post-sample, it wouldn't be.  By definition anyway, a pre-May sample was made before FOPA...it just didn't enter the transferrable registry,
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It would never happen, but if the NFA did get completely repealed, what do you think would happen to the value of all of those 25k+ MG's?
View Quote

Instant market correction.  I don't care.  I prefer freedom!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Philosophically I can't agree.  However, they are businessmen with an inventory that could be de-valued sUbstantially.

View Quote
I

Don't

Care.

They shouldn't have invested so much into a highly volatile commodity that their business is in jeopardy if that commodity tanks.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.

I have heard this for some time now.  Bush has Saddams Glock 18.  But thats an overt case there are plenty of covert cases of this happening.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:17:37 AM EDT
[#40]
I know two SOTs, and they both are for repealing Hughes and NFA.  The guys I know are SOTs mostly for themselves and dealing is not the main source of their income.

Edited for grammar
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Those assholes too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about the quisling professional trainers who push for requiring training and qualification standards for people who want to exercise their right to carry a gun?

Those assholes too.

Yep
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#43]
I doubt a 1917 water cooled or Colt Potato Digger are going to lose value.

Modern stuff probably.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:35:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.

Soon?

Yes.

Oh snap. My freedom boner is chubby now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're such a tease!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#47]
They see it as an investment rather than a right. They'd make their money back if they are smart. And i'd have full auto :)
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Philosophically I can't agree.  However, they are businessmen with an inventory that could be de-valued sUbstantially.
View Quote

Then they're carrying too much inventory.

For dealers, they should pry for NFA to be overturned- sales volume will go through the roof, although at lower prices.

For the assholes who chose transferable MGs as their entire retirement portfolio - they may have chosen poorly if those MGs don't also have historic value.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:41:08 AM EDT
[#49]
I know it's not much compared to a lot of folks on here but I'd gladly watch my $2500 Mac 11 turn into a $400 gun if it meant I could Form 1 a FA lower.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like 6K
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top