[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
it rains in WA state all the time

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:23:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the weather is the only thing that makes you want to leave MA, no conservative state wants you.

Seriously.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The gun laws are not THAT fucked. Certainly not on the scale of NY, CT, or CA.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
51 here in Florida tonight.

Thank god my heater works.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:32:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Two words, Las Vegas

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BLIZZARD FORECAST: Potentially historic snow is heading our way arriving late Monday night and through to Wednesday morning. When it finally moves out, we may be measuring not in inches, but in feet.

Three feet...not cool.

I'd move out of Mass even if it wasn't gonna snow
This... it is  not the gun laws that will make you move but a little snow?

Oh they're fucked! But for sake of argument, you're okay with being the 4th worst state out of 50?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

"They don't violate my rights that much....."

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:45:41 AM EDT
[#9]
We have Mardi Gras...we don't have snow...'nuf sed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:55:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Fuck why will no one take me.

Yea I like the Patriots and Red Sox, I pronounce my R's every now and then, I drive like a douche bag, but I have some redeeming qualities too.
View Quote

no one wants us b/c they automatically assume once we move to their free state we will immediately start voting liberal while collecting FSA benefits and generally bring their state down to a level of which we are currently in

rather than realizing that being on ARF, you (we all) share a semi-general political and freedom based point of views...

but thinking is hard for some southerns and they would rather just talk all retarded and stuff
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:21:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

no one wants us b/c they automatically assume once we move to their free state we will immediately start voting liberal while collecting FSA benefits and generally bring their state down to a level of which we are currently in

rather than realizing that being on ARF, you (we all) share a semi-general political and freedom based point of views...

but thinking is hard for some southerns and they would rather just talk all retarded and stuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I like the Patriots and Red Sox, I pronounce my R's every now and then, I drive like a douche bag, but I have some redeeming qualities too.

You tell 'em, professor!

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it's everyone elses shortcomings that drive the aversion to northeasterners.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes invite more Yankees with their, "Oh this particular firearm restriction doesn't affect me much so i won't say anything against it." attitudes.
Stay where you are, you are infected. Don't make us set up a quaratine zone.
This is how MD became infected.  It's spreading into VA. Drive a prius, hug a tree, no yucky guns, leave the animals alone, support your local FSA, Biden for pres.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't come here , it's terrible.
All the people you wished would move away are also here, so stay away.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:33:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of those "qualities" are negated by what you put in print before your claim to having them!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#16]
PA resident.  I've been saying this for the past few years...Not because of snow which I don't mind that much, but because the opportunities to shoot anything but paper out here are basically non-existant.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Whiners don't belong here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Blizzard of 78. Still the gold standard.
View Quote
Nope. Buffalo's Blizzard of 77.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I am used to snow but I couldn't imagine getting buried every year like what seems to happen up there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am used to snow but I couldn't imagine getting buried every year like what seems to happen up there.
View Quote

Its really not that bad, though I can understand why people dislike it.  

What I really dislike about it is having to deal with all the idiots on the road who either don't know how to drive in it or should not be out to begin with.

Thing to remember with these things is to not go out unless you absolutely have to.  

I usually set aside 3-4 days of my vacation/personal time to use as "snow days" in the event my worksite does not close and I don't want to go out and fight the idiots on the roads.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't worry OP, there will be plenty of federal funds available to your governor's patrons by Wednesday.

Good Morning America will make sure by 9AM that the entire reliable voting bloc of idle dim witted yoga moms knows how the rest of us couldn't
survive without the Wash-Bos corridor hitting on all cylinders. The Informed, sensitive, kind and caring will soon thereafter, clutch their hands to
their hearts in solemn agreement as they watch Commandante Zero hold a noon press conference and declare, "To prevent another
catastrophe like the one Bush deliberately created with Katrina, I am earmarking ten billion dollars through FEMA. This we must do as a nation, so
the economic recovery I worked so hard to make possible, is not thwarted by emergency funding shortfalls in one of the few regions that
makes this country acceptable to just humanitarians such as myself, and further, drives and guides the rest of us by their selfless foresighted
progressive example and influence."

You do have connections within the Demcong sustenance machine don't you?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

nailed it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If the weather is the only thing that makes you want to leave MA, no conservative state wants you.

Seriously.
nailed it.

Nailed what? Douchey post of the day? Yep, totally nailed that.

Let's take a post about shit-tastick weather and make it into a "You live in a shittier state than I do" post...because yeah, nobody's ever said that MA was a shitty state to live in, before.

MA sucks, people...we know this. Our politics suck, our taxes suck, and whaddya know, our weather sucks, too.

You people in warm, red states are better, ok?

And since you guys are sooooo much better, you'd think you could possibly provide ONE fucking conservative to beat some shit-assed democrat who drove this country into the shitter in his first term?

NOPE. you didn't. You failed...

Try harder in 2016, warm red states...else you'll be turning a lovely cold shade of blue the next election....

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Gun owners are welcome in FL      I know a good realtor in Central FL.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Come to Georgia. They let me in and I'm from RI
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
BLIZZARD FORECAST: Potentially historic snow is heading our way arriving late Monday night and through to Wednesday morning. When it finally moves out, we may be measuring not in inches, but in feet.
View Quote

Three feet...not cool.
View Quote

"Potentially Historic".........means even the weather is subject to sensationalaistic "journalism"

And seriously.........2-3 feet of snow shuts things down for what.....2-3 days at the most?

It's winter. You've dealt with it before. Relax
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can do all that and have firearms too down here.

Hell, you can move in next to me !
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three feet...not cool.

I'd move out of Mass even if it wasn't gonna snow
This... it is  not the gun laws that will make you move but a little snow?

wow, just wow. You must live in a different Massachusetts than I do.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#28]
You need a green card if you want to come here. We don't consider your area part of the USA........
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Bring it!

Wait, no, don't bring it.  My 4-wheeler with plow won't start, please don't bring it.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I moved from MA to Florida 10 years ago. I'm never going back.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Hey that looks familiar where's the AT-AT's?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#32]
TN is full of methbillies and inbred freaks. Stay away.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I hear Wyoming is nice.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:02:25 AM EDT
[#34]
I love the snow !! ATV paradise!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#35]
It's no big deal y'all Yankees know how to drive in winter weather get to work like every other day

Gr
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's no big deal y'all Yankees know how to drive in winter weather get to work like every other day

Gr
View Quote

as long as its not a super storm®
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gr

Please don't associate us with Khristy Kreme and his degenerate state,  that was their thing.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#38]

The Bay State has consistently ranked among the most Democratic in the nation and it currently has no Republican members in Congress. In 2012, Barack Obama beat former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in his home state, pulling in 61 percent of the vote to the Republican's 38 percent.

Demographics

6,692,824 Population

75.1% White

8.1% Black or African American

0.5% Indian and Alaska Native

6% Asian

10.5% Hispanic or Latino

-------------------------------------------------------

to summarize: FBHO and fuck Mass.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Let's take a post about shit-tastick weather and make it into a "You live in a shittier state than I do" post...because yeah, nobody's ever said that MA was a shitty state to live in, before.

MA sucks, people...we know this. Our politics suck, our taxes suck, and whaddya know, our weather sucks, too.

And since you guys are sooooo much better, you'd think you could possibly provide ONE fucking conservative to beat some shit-assed democrat who drove this country into the shitter in his first term?

Try harder in 2016, warm red states...else you'll be turning a lovely cold shade of blue the next election....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.
nailed it.

Since it was my post that is quoted...

What's "douchey" about that?

If the WEATHER is what prompts a person to want to leave a liberal hell-hole when they seem to be OK with said liberal hell-hole ("Our laws are not THAT fucked"), I'd say it was a fair assessment.

Wait.... you blame conservative failure on the South  after the GOP ran MA based Romney?

As I see it, our failure is not having the population base as it pertains to the electoral college.  We, however, do all we can.  You didn't call us "Red States" for nothing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#40]

No - I believe that this thread is now about Massholes so no dupe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

GA has room.
View Quote
You just got here and haven't earned the right to tell others it's ok to move here. You need one complete voting cycle under your belt and we'll bring you up for a vote at the next ga members meeting.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Being a member here is not a redeeming quality
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Three feet...not cool.
View Quote

This is not the reason that I want to move though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#44]
I was in Boston, in the CG during the snow in 78..
Yeah it pretty much crippled the city..
Here in rural Maine we plow the snow into the ditches etc..
In Boston they have to load it on trucks & find some place to put it..
In 78 thousands of truckloads got dumped into the harbor..
This "slush" then froze into islands, some were several acres in size..
We were tasked with pushing them down the harbor as best we could.
What a fucking fiasco that was..
Nevertheless we got thru it..
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Three feet...not cool.
View Quote

COWARD!!!

Must be one of those "pansy Assed" southerners!! Who can't deal with a little winter.

EBR666
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
it rains in WA state all the time

View Quote

well, west of the Cacades, anyway.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You just got here and haven't earned the right to tell others it's ok to move here. You need one complete voting cycle under your belt and we'll bring you up for a vote at the next ga members meeting.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GA has room.

I need more yankees here so we can change things.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Is there any statistical fact to the long standing rumor of a baby boom caused by the Blizzard of '78?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#49]

What was with the car on Fire...?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

We marveled at that when it happened.  IIRC one theory was that the driver was flooring the car/spinning the wheels (auto transmission) to the point the transmission fluid got hot enough to barf out of the fill tube, which then spilled the flammable liquid on the hot exhaust.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top