Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/25/2015 3:09:26 PM EDT

In France,
         there are an estimated 10 million to 20 million illegal weapons alone,
         according to a Christian Science Monitor report.

Guns can be acquired in the EU through a number of means. A .44-caliber
         Desert Eagle is advertised for 1,250 euros, or $1,481, by an anonymous
         European arms dealer on the Deep Web. The dealer ships that weapon through
         the mail. With the proper connections, which the Charlie Hebdo gunmen
         appeared to have, an AK-47 costs around $400 to $900 in certain European
         markets, and about $1,100 to 1,800 in France, according to a Bloomberg
         report.
View Quote

WARNING: TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN BEFORE VISITING THIS URL
Link left cold:
http://www.armyrecognition.com/january_2015_global_defense_security_news_industry/ak-47_assault_rifles_used_by_terrorists_charlie_hebdo_attack_most_popular_illegal_weapon_in_europe.html

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what your objective is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is very easy it get illegal guns in Europe.  

Before the Wall fell, it wasn't super-difficult, due to the huge number of WW2 era weapons squirreled away.  But after Eastern Europe opened up  and especially the wars in the Balkans, it became ridiculously easy.

View Quote

It's not really that far a drive.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Uh, what's the "Deep Web"?  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Contrary to popular belief, guns are pretty popular in Europe. A LOT of people own handguns and just keep them stashed away. They just don't have the same shooting culture you find here in the US.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
The media and politicians will never admit this.

There will be calls for more gun control.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#8]
A few people will be sacrificed for the ultimate objective.

So for them....no.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The web goes much, much further than Amazon or Facebook.  Many things and services can be found beneath the service.  Dont go looking unless you REALLY want to see things that cant be unseen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I find this 10-20 million illegal guns in France number to be astonishing. The population of France is just over 66 million people.

I wonder how many of these guns are in the hands of terrorists and organized criminals vs. everyday Frenchies. Either way, that is still represents a LOT of people with illegal guns. Far more than I would have ever guessed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I find this 10-20 million illegal guns in France number to be astonishing. The population of France is just over 66 million people.

I wonder how many of these guns are in the hands of terrorists and organized criminals vs. everyday Frenchies. Either way, that is still represents a LOT of people with illegal guns. Far more than I would have ever guessed.
View Quote

That number seems extraordinarily high.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In America, a 1 to 3 ratio of guns to people would be extraordinarily low.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#13]

The German police union estimated 20 million illegal guns there as well, though there was of course some contention from the Feds as to the accuracy of the number.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This wasn't the total number, only the illegal ones.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Those really are mind blowing numbers of illegal firearms in countries that have strict gun control.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just messing with you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Depends on what your objective is.
View Quote

"Well,I object to taking a girl out,and you know,buying her dinner,and she wont put out for you."

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Fucking A, those prices are close to ours.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe the Europeans could take a lesson on how effective our War on (some) Drugs has been.

#success
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

If the majority of those firearms were in the hands of people engaged in traditional criminal activities and/or terrorists the nation's streets would run red with blood.

I've heard that not only are eastern bloc weapons in western Europe now, but that a large number of firearms from Libya have been finding their way there as well.

Criminal organization specialize in bringing to market illegal contraband. They've been doing it since there were laws. "Black Markets" always spring up to supply people what they want. I don't know why liberals fail to see that if metric tons of narcotics can be smuggled by the boat load into a nation so to can firearms.

Like it really matters though. People were killing each other for thousands of years long before firearms came about. If you could magically make all firearms disappear tomorrow people would continue to kill each other for thousands of more years. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The German police union estimated 20 million illegal guns there as well, though there was of course some contention from the Feds as to the accuracy of the number.  

View Quote

Not sure how you could estimate such a thing accurately, but when you go to politicians asking for funding high numbers probably are always more advantageous than small number.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If the majority of those firearms were in the hands of people engaged in traditional criminal activities and/or terrorists the nation's streets would run red with blood.

I've heard that not only are eastern bloc weapons in western Europe now, but that a large number of firearms from Libya have been finding their way there as well.

Criminal organization specialize in bringing to market illegal contraband. They've been doing it since there were laws. "Black Markets" always spring up to supply people what they want. I don't know why liberals fail to see that if metric tons of narcotics can be smuggled by the boat load into a nation so to can firearms.

Like it really matters though. People were killing each other for thousands of years long before firearms came about. If you could magically make all firearms disappear tomorrow people would continue to kill each other for thousands of more years. It is what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was it, 1,000,000 people slaughtered in Ivory Coast with machetes?

Yes, people will continue to kill each other if all the guns in the world disappeared and they would do it in far more brutal ways.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#24]
When countries  outlaw guns only criminals and terrorists will have them. See how that works.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Contrary to popular belief, guns are pretty popular in Europe. A LOT of people own handguns and just keep them stashed away. They just don't have the same shooting culture you find here in the US.
View Quote

Seems about right, but if there's a 'shooting culture' in Western Europe, France is in that camp.

I visited a gun store in Paris -- Armurerie de la Bourse -- on a trip to France.   The inventory they had was probably like what a gun store in Massachusetts might have, I guess.   I managed to stumble in there on a lark after touring The Louvre and decided to walk north a bit to see what that part of the city was like.  I was about to turn around right when I found their store.

I don't speak the language aside from 'Thank you' and 'Goodbye' like a typical American tourist, but they realized I was an American (and not British) immediately and treated me like an honored guest and spoke in pretty decent English which was nice of them.  They had Manhurin pistols (good quality S&W-like clones), MagPul gear for ARs, Hk/Glock/Sig/CZ pistols, and basically a lot of what you'd expect to find in the USA. The ARs were made in Spain and Germany and all seemed to be SBRs (they don't care about length once you have the permit to get a military semi-auto) and the premium price was curiously on the full-length rifles.  They have manual single shot versions of the same.  They did have a lot of 1911 IPSC match crap, like compensated 1911s with frame-mounted rails with red dot sights, etc.  They didn't offer to let me handle anything, but I think I would have declined anyway.  They wanted to know what my gun laws were like and if I owned anything interesting.   They were all 'gun guys' just like us.

I sort of understand how French gun laws work with their categorized 'point' system and it seemed that if there's any firearms that they didn't seem to fret about much it was shotguns.  They had racks of pretty mundane Fudd-type long arms, but down the row there were tactical counter-terror police shotguns with pistol grips and extended tube mags -- Benelli, Franchi, Beretta, Remington.  They were heavy on 'tactical'-type accessories and had the latest stuff priced at about the same prices we pay in dollars.  This gun store was sort of an exception to the typical French gun store in that they carried paramilitary arms where most French gun shops cater to the wealthy tweedy rural elitist goose hunters in knee-high riding boots and shooting caps.

Only thing that really jumped out at me were the prices on firearms and ammo.  Firearms and ammo prices were about 150% of their price in the USA, across the board. What I thought was nice was that American-made firearms were priced and displayed like coveted merchandise;  Americans seem to put a premium on Euro-made firearms, and the French do the same with American-made arms.  People will pay big money for an M1 Garand in France, they said, and they mentioned our CMP program gives M1s away for an outright steal.

Other than that, they also had a curious amount of archery equipment, presumably because that's uncontrolled.  They had goofy pistol crossbows just like in the pics that Islamist terrorist couple took of themselves from the Paris Kosher market attack some weeks back.

Bottom line is that if you lived in France you could own ARs and suppressed Hk pistols and so on if you were diligent about jumping through all the flaming hoops.  You could probably even live in metropolitan Paris owning them.  That alone is better than how much liberty the gun laws now allow in a few coastal US states I could name.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Gun control in Europe was successful in achieving it's goal of establishing government domination over the populace.

Gun laws don't eliminate guns, they only criminalize their possession.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
The un-indexed internet, i.e. where Google's algorithm does not go. Basically any website you can't find unless you know where it is.

Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Neckbeards in the deep places of the 'Net.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Liberals here don't understand that banning guns won't keep bad people from getting them. Annnnnnd you just take away a law abiding citizen's ability to defend themselves, and family.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I travel to Europe for work, and yes, it's easy to get guns.  Full auto is also way cheaper.  Full auto aks for less than 2k.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#30]

according to a Bloomberg           report.

Hmmmmmm

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The un-indexed internet, i.e. where Google's algorithm does not go. Basically any website you can't find unless you know where it is.

Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Neckbeards in the deep places of the 'Net.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Older and fouler things indeed. The things you see in the deep web cannot be unseen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#32]
We ship NON - ITAR accessories that we make to many countries(26-28 so far) like was said above, once they get a permit to HAVE a gun they can own stuff we can't.
I get many requests asking if I can ship xxx gun to them.

Also similar to here, if you got the $$$$$$ you can get about anything you want , we have several customers who fly over here many times per year, just to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Liberals here don't understand that banning guns won't keep bad people from getting them. Annnnnnd you just take away a law abiding citizen's ability to defend themselves, and family.
View Quote

The point isn't even to take them away from bad people. It's too keep law abiding citizens from defending themselves.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Gun control in Europe was successful in achieving it's goal of establishing government domination over the populace.

View Quote

QFT. And a bit unlike the USA you can literally read it in the historical political discussions.

Oldy but goodie from about 1570:

7. The King should seize and remove the arms and ordnance from all towns and cities in the heart of this realm (an exception being made for towns and forts on the frontier). All these said weapons and military stores should be put under close guard in the said citadels and fortresses, which His Majesty shall build in the centre of the realm so that, in time of need, the said weapons and munitions can easily be distributed and employed, as required and as the King wishes. For there is nothing more likely to bring an unbridled people to obedience and tranquillity than the sight of their King, fully armed and equipped, and the people well-clothed yet unarmed. For it is a common maxim that when a people considers itself poor, and is at the same time amply provided with arms, it always seeks to change its condition; where, however, the people is prosperous and well-endowed with prosperity, yet lacking any arms, it wishes to continue and to remain in that state.

http://www.dutchrevolt.leiden.edu/english/sources/Pages/1568advice.aspx
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I know plenty of folks across the pond have guns stashed for "Just In Case" events.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

QFT. And a bit unlike the USA you can literally read it in the historical political discussions.

7. The King should seize and remove the arms and ordnance from all towns and cities in the heart of this realm (an exception being made for towns and forts on the frontier). All these said weapons and military stores should be put under close guard in the said citadels and fortresses, which His Majesty shall build in the centre of the realm so that, in time of need, the said weapons and munitions can easily be distributed and employed, as required and as the King wishes. For there is nothing more likely to bring an unbridled people to obedience and tranquillity than the sight of their King, fully armed and equipped, and the people well-clothed yet unarmed. For it is a common maxim that when a people considers itself poor, and is at the same time amply provided with arms, it always seeks to change its condition; where, however, the people is prosperous and well-endowed with prosperity, yet lacking any arms, it wishes to continue and to remain in that state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy sheeeeit that's good stuff.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The web goes much, much further than Amazon or Facebook.  Many things and services can be found beneath the service.  Dont go looking unless you REALLY want to see things that cant be unseen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously. 4chan, for example, doesn't even scratch the surface. The Silk Road and all the places it spawned are where all the crazy shit is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Tellz me more about the Deep Webz?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#41]
A collection of hidden guns found in a German Doctor's residence.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Yup.... Gun Control Works.... another stash found. This time in the UK.

A secret arsenal of guns and ammunition hidden have been found stashed behind a false wall by a builder renovating a house.

Builder Simon Berni, 41, was shocked to discover a secret haul of more than 30 shotguns and pistols as well as hundreds of rounds of ammunition when he began working on a south Wales property.

He said: 'It was an incredible arsenal - full, absolutely choc-a-bloc with eight shelves of fire arms and ammunition.'

Builder Simon Berni, 41, stands next to a fake wall used to hide a huge arsenal of guns and ammunition

The haul: It is believed a previous owner of the property in Dinas Powys, South Wales, stashed these guns behind the wall after the Dunblane massacre in 1996

Well hidden: The secret compartment was only discovered when Mr Berni started renovating the property

Investigation: Police safety removed the collection of firearms from the property

Law change: Private ownership of handguns was banned in 1997 - a year after the Dunblane massacre

Collection: The weapons were all found to be in pristine condition and had all been carefully wrapped up

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Think IP addresses, not domain names.  The deep web is also just normal web sites that  are private password protected web sites.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hidden in IKEA cabinets?  Not very hidden if you ask me.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Does the deep web ship to the USA?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
France has been invade by Germany three times alone in a 75 year time span. We aren't counting everything else that has happened on the European Continent. All the civil wars, the battles from World War I and World War II, the major struggles between political groups, etc...

Europe is awash in guns and most of them are squirreled away by folks that survived those conflicts. Those that are older in age have either passed down the caches or are tight lipped. Either the younger generation will keep them hidden or will not even no what Opa had in the trunk buried in the back of the attic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tellz me more about the Deep Webz?
View Quote

Googles search algo looks for things in the address, like "?" and "&" (look in your addy bar). Certain sites are set up specifically to avoid being seen by search engines. A lot of them , you need to know the actual IP address in order to connect. Services like Tor are also used to increase anonymity to prevent tracking, and cryptocurrencies like LiteCoin and BitCoin are used to purchase goods and services online without having to go through a processor, like you would if you used a credit or debit card. It's basically a giant fuck you to government involvement and can be considered borderline anarchistic due to the type of shit you can find on deepweb sites.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hidden in IKEA cabinets?  Not very hidden if you ask me.

Hidden in the idea that not many knew he had them and the German Authorities sure as shit didn't.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It is very easy it get illegal guns in Europe.  

Before the Wall fell, it wasn't super-difficult, due to the huge number of WW2 era weapons squirreled away.  But after Eastern Europe opened up  and especially the wars in the Balkans, it became ridiculously easy.

View Quote

The only place I would believe it is actually hard to get weapons is islands. Like Britain and even then....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn; that sounds like  it could have been written yesterday.

Controlling human behavior is apparently an age old science.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top