Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That is awesome on so many levels
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ya I checked about a half hour ago, he hasn't logged in since 2012, only has 15 posts, and hasn't replied to a thread since 09.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is Nutn a member here? Pit thread?

used to be a long time ago

hasnt been around in a while..  long long while..

Ya I checked about a half hour ago, he hasn't logged in since 2012, only has 15 posts, and hasn't replied to a thread since 09.

Well someone email him and get this thing rolling...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
is Nuts still a member here? can you reply?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That video is like a perfect tutorial on what not to do when diagnosing rifle problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and from what I understand he switched out the gas block again after that.

He even says in the video that Larue should state that you can't use other gas blocks on their rifles.

That video is like a perfect tutorial on what not to do when diagnosing rifle problems.

NutNFancy is a perfect tutorial on what not to with guns,  in one of his videos he says how if he goes to a class he is open to some things but he isnt going to change how he shoots, I know how to shoot I dont need someone to tell me.  then he goes on to shoot a course of fire and prove he is a mediocre shooter who should take some classes and be open to new ideas.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#8]

I cant think of a better response than this....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Great response!  Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Am I to late for the bashing?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#11]
In.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Am I to late for the bashing?
View Quote

No we are waiting to see if nutin will out himself with troll account
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
In for the purse fight.  Disclaimer I am a happy LaRue customer.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Isn't he a pogue AF reserve light colonel?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I stopped watching the video when he said PMC was "good" ammo.  PMC is what I run when I want to practice FTF and FTE drills.
View Quote

I shot 120 rounds a while back, no issues.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#18]
One day I will own a LT.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Rifle runs fine.
You fuck with gas system.
Rifle no longer runs fine?
This is what the F.B.I. calls... a clue.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Rifle runs fine.
You fuck with gas system.
Rifle no longer runs fine?
This is what the F.B.I. calls... a clue.
View Quote

Lol......it's someone else's fault, my baby didn't do nuthin.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I just wanted to reply in bold.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#23]
And just in case

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Mark,
 If you would like an active duty tier 2.5 operator to objectively review any of your products, I would be more than willing to do so.  Just send it to me and I'll make it happen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#25]
IN on this train wreck!!!!    Go get em Mark!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Safe thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mark,
 If you would like an active duty tier 2.5 operator to objectively review any of your products, I would be more than willing to do so.  Just send it to me and I'll make it happen.
View Quote

Actually, if they wanted honest reviews, send items to the non-fan boyz.

I offered this up a couple years ago and never got taken up on it.

Its easy to get adda boys from a fan base, it seems if you get one from a non kool aid drinker, it would carry more weight. Convert the nay sayers. lol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#30]
In on 4.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#33]
In for the response.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Point is, if you buy a 1200 dollar upper, only use premium ammo and don't attempt to modify anything? Oh, and be sure to change your buffer and spring if it don't work right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate your point. but is the gas hole in the gas block not big enough to handle some tolerance slack?

Not really.

ESPECIALLY when using underpowered ammo.

Its basically like he shrank his gas port.

Point is, if you buy a 1200 dollar upper, only use premium ammo and don't attempt to modify anything? Oh, and be sure to change your buffer and spring if it don't work right.

You can modify it; just make sure the mods(gas block) are installed correctly. It's not that difficult, people.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh god, a safe thread, by non other than the Larue Arfcom Rep.

You better deliver OP!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate your point. but is the gas hole in the gas block not big enough to handle some tolerance slack?

Not really.

ESPECIALLY when using underpowered ammo.

Its basically like he shrank his gas port.

no the point is if you buy ANY upper from anyone, and YOU modify it away from its factory configuration, don't blame the OEM when it doesn't work and don't expect them to fix it. because YOU installed 3rd party parts that may or may not be compatible and you may or may not have installed said part correctly..
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#37]
So to sum up this nutnfancy guy says Larue upper sucks and Larue resonds with a non response.  That about it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Oh god, a safe thread, by non other than the Larue Arfcom Rep.

You better deliver OP!
View Quote

It ain't a rep, it's Mark LaRue himself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So to sum up this nutnfancy guy says Larue upper sucks and Larue resonds with a non response.  That about it?
View Quote

Even worse, the vendor had to make a whole new thread to not respond, instead of just posting in the original one.

The nut guy isnt the only one saying;  "Look at me, Look at me"
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I have started on an adult beverage, early, as we await,

Delivery!

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I know what it is, I have installed several.

Your barrel is set up for handgaurd cap. Larue's is not. Get it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a PRI front flip up. I indexed the gas block off the index hole on the bottom of the barrel, PRI bottom has a "sight hole" in its mount and the SS barrel has the index spot drilled into it to correspond to the gas hole on the other side. I have this for 5 years now and its a tack driver and has never been under gassed.

So based on that one picture, its conclusive of the shooter putting the it on wrong.

Same kinda gap

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/photo1-7.jpg

Bottom indexing hole

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/photo-9.jpg

Ive never heard of this NutFancy guy before, but I find it funny that no one can admit that maybe the gas hole wasnt drilled to spec.

what RA is saying is the distance between the shoulder on the barrel and the center of the gas port hole is shorter on the larue barrel than on Die-Tryin's barrel. and if you index a gas block with the same gap on the larue as a barrel made to have a hand guard cap the gas port hole in the block and the gas port in the barrel will not be aligned front to back. part of the gas blocks port will be over barrel steel and part over the gas port in the barrel effectively reducing the size of the gas port in the barrel.

and boom we have short stroke city.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#42]
This escalated quickly
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Even worse, the vendor had to make a whole new thread to not respond, instead of just posting in the original one.

The nut guy isnt the only one trying to say;  "Look at me, Look at me"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The nut guy isnt the only one trying to say;  "Look at me, Look at me"

Ooh, subscribed now!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#44]
In for a free nutnfancy-edition Larue steal upper

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They did, the return form states he had it misaligned, he then rages about how it wasn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm. If you can diagnose it in a few minutes from a picture, on the internet, why can't trained, experienced armorers pick that up in the shop? As you have shown, if somebody has experience, they should have picked up on it right away.

They did, the return form states he had it misaligned, he then rages about how it wasn't.

Can you throw down some time stamps if you have any?  43 minutes is a lot of verbal shit from this moron.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

what RA is saying is the distance between the shoulder on the barrel and the center of the gas port hole is shorter on the larue barrel than on Die-Tryin's barrel. and if you index a gas block with the same gap on the larue as a barrel made to have a hand guard cap the gas port hole in the block and the gas port in the barrel will not be aligned front to back. part of the gas blocks port will be over barrel steel and part over the gas port in the barrel effectively reducing the size of the gas port in the barrel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a PRI front flip up. I indexed the gas block off the index hole on the bottom of the barrel, PRI bottom has a "sight hole" in its mount and the SS barrel has the index spot drilled into it to correspond to the gas hole on the other side. I have this for 5 years now and its a tack driver and has never been under gassed.

So based on that one picture, its conclusive of the shooter putting the it on wrong.

Same kinda gap

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/photo1-7.jpg

Bottom indexing hole

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/photo-9.jpg

Ive never heard of this NutFancy guy before, but I find it funny that no one can admit that maybe the gas hole wasnt drilled to spec.

There would actually be a simple solution to this, without any guessing. Get a vendor barrel, flip it over, if there is a gas block index mark, put a PRI on the barrel and line up the index mark and then see where the gas block sits compared to the shoulder.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#48]
All you people hung up on gas block alignment are forgetting that nutnfancy used compressed air on the gas block installs.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#49]
You mean your thumbs are unreliable too?
Damn, son; you're just ate up, ain'tcha?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#50]
In

Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top