Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive owned lots of larue stuff, and while I usually point folks in a different direction - why would you buy something larue and then fuck around with it and change parts and shit out?

The whole point is to get a super tight over engineered rifle that will shoot better than you can without having to upgrade shit. Plus the guy stands by his stuff, to the point of taking pictures of him using the gear some tool returns several times  

Of you want to Franken fuck a rifle you start cheap and upgrade or just build from good parts to save loot. Or buy from a custom shop that builds from parts.

View Quote

what if Nutn is affiliated with Intacto, and this is his way at getting back at ARF. Dissention in the ranks and shit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

what if Nutn is affiliated with Intacto, and this is his way at getting back at ARF. Dissention in the ranks and shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ive owned lots of larue stuff, and while I usually point folks in a different direction - why would you buy something larue and then fuck around with it and change parts and shit out?

The whole point is to get a super tight over engineered rifle that will shoot better than you can without having to upgrade shit. Plus the guy stands by his stuff, to the point of taking pictures of him using the gear some tool returns several times  
Of you want to Franken fuck a rifle you start cheap and upgrade or just build from good parts to save loot. Or buy from a custom shop that builds from parts.

I don't think it's a conspiracy.

Nutnfancy is the physical manifestation of the collective intellect of a typical gun show
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is it less gay if they're limp or something?

Who makes these rules? Why were these rules made? Is it like a memo - every memo has a story behind it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is gayer than two dudes rubbing their hard dicks together.

Is it less gay if they're limp or something?

Who makes these rules? Why were these rules made? Is it like a memo - every memo has a story behind it?

Shit, everyone knows it's only gay if you enjoy it!!!

Wait, what?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oops  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bottom line for me is, with these set of facts, why is he trashing LaRue for this?

I am a simple ordinary man and just don't get it?
He claims   1-the upper didn't work before he messed with it, but he has no video of that and he videotapes everything else that he does
2-that when he did paint it and and change the gas block multiple times he installed the new gas blocks properly. There appears to be photographic evidence that the PRI gas block was installed properly.

I'll just add (for those who haven't watched IG's video), that NF had a Larue 2010 SHOT show video that he has set to private but left the description up, where he gushes about the reliability and quality of Larue's products and that "he has never seen nor heard anything bad about the quality of Larue uppers." This would be 1.5 years after he bought his Stealth upper that "didn't run right out of the gate."
Oops  

Libel?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nutnfancy is the physical manifestation of the collective intellect of a typical gun show
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome back, cwg.

I've never watched Nutnfancy's youtubes and after all of this I'm certainly not going to start.

Don't own anything made by LaRue. Would like to, though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I am not watching a 45 minute video to get all the details, but I did watch  few minutes and caught where he said it ran reliable for 100 rounds after coming back from larue, and then he took it out in cold snowy weather and it didn't pick up the next round from the mag on almost every shot. I am wondering what buffer spring and buffer weight he was using?? Or possibly he's using grease or too heavy oil that impedes function in cold weather??
View Quote

No, your certainly didn't watch the whole video, but you probably should have.

No hate for Nutn no matter how unpopular that might be.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Welcome back, cwg.

I've never watched Nutnfancy's youtubes and after all of this I'm certainly not going to start.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome back, cwg.

Thanks.

My 20" stealth upper was so accurate it made me uncomfortable. I may someday lay it down for the larue 308 predatar carbine, but for now I'm sticking with bolt guns to keep my ammo consumption down. while larue does make a few things that no one else does I've been giving most of my small stuff mount money to ADM as they do .vet discounts. They supposedly have a 308 rifle coming out, if that's in a decent price range I may go that direction since it should have their amazing ambi controls and it's local. Rainierarms has always done me great too though, and with four custom builds over the years from them I have to avoid their 308 rifle pages too
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am not watching a 45 minute video to get all the details, but I did watch  few minutes and caught where he said it ran reliable for 100 rounds after coming back from larue, and then he took it out in cold snowy weather and it didn't pick up the next round from the mag on almost every shot. I am wondering what buffer spring and buffer weight he was using?? Or possibly he's using grease or too heavy oil that impedes function in cold weather??
View Quote

The problem is, is that he himself is all over the place and is incorrect telling his own story.... His timeline is defintely off with a few things... Its nearly impossible to get the true story.

But he takes it out after he gets it back and shoots 100+ rounds with it and it was reliable... He then paints it, presumable taking it all apart again, then when he shoots it in the cold in the next outing it fails.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Just read the 1st page but shit happens my Rainier match barrel wouldnt chamber a single round even after a trip back to Rainier had to fix the atrocious feed ramps myself
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#11]
The positive side from all of this is that you can see how important gas block alignment is with a gas-operated rifle (shouldn't have to be pointed out, but we are in the 4th Turning, so...)

Why is it that nobody ever told me that the gas block needs to be aligned properly?  I just figured that just maybe, it was a good idea to keep the ports aligned, since that's what makes the action cycle and all.  Call me Mr. details, but why is this such a hard concept to grasp for some people.

Is there Aspergers involved here or something?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The positive side from all of this is that you can see how important gas block alignment is with a gas-operated rifle (shouldn't have to be pointed out, but we are in the 4th Turning, so...)

Why is it that nobody ever told me that the gas block needs to be aligned properly?  I just figured that just maybe, it was a good idea to keep the ports aligned, since that's what makes the action cycle and all.  Call me Mr. details, but why is this such a hard concept to grasp for some people.

Is there Aspergers involved here or something?
View Quote

FAL for the win. Crank it up!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:31:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The problem is, is that he himself is all over the place and is incorrect telling his own story.... His timeline is defintely off with a few things... Its nearly impossible to get the true story.

But he takes it out after he gets it back and shoots 100+ rounds with it and it was reliable... He then paints it, presumable taking it all apart again, then when he shoots it in the cold in the next outing it fails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They say if you want to catch someone in a lie, have them tell the story in reverse order.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:50:26 AM EDT
[#15]

He's a schmoe and his videos are mindless.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:54:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Where's Mark Larue? Avoiding this thread like the plague is he?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:02:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

He has his own concerning it,  where NF is shown to be an absolute moron.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:04:08 AM EDT
[#19]
If I had the money I'd buy a LaRue right now.  I don't care what some guy named Nut says.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:06:59 AM EDT
[#20]
This is stupid.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:13:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He melted his glock by heating up the frame to paint it, then complained that the mags don't drop free from the warped frame

View Quote

oh no way... in one of his vids????
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#22]
These NF threads aren't the same without DanTSX.

I don't see how anyone can rake a grown man that wears a fanny pack (by choice) seriously.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:38:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He melted his glock by heating up the frame to paint it, then complained that the mags don't drop free from the warped frame

He baked the Glock frame at 250* F for 2.5 hours, when NIC Industries specifically calls for 150-180* for 2hr.  Mags no longer drop free, even after he used steel wool to remove as much product as possible from inside the mag well.

Head shaking....
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:19:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He baked the Glock frame at 250* F for 2.5 hours, when NIC Industries specifically calls for 150-180* for 2hr.  Mags no longer drop free, even after he used steel wool to remove as much product as possible from inside the mag well.

Head shaking....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Head shaking....

lol
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

He has another thread that has twice as many pages as this one, moran.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no fucking idea.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Loooooool.

Glock should give him a new frame because of this defect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loooooool.

Is Glock responsible, or Cerakote?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loooooool.

We know who's not responsible.

Nutn, grand high fudd smith
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loooooool.

Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

...and that is why it hurts GD so bad...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point it is like picking on the slow fat kid playing dodgeball.

...and that is why it hurts GD so bad...

As Mad Max on The Big Show with John Boy and Billy said "They learn who throws hard and they learn to DODGE the ball!"

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Head shaking....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Head shaking....

"If you bake your Glock into a molten mass at 250 degrees, mags will no longer drop free. Why don't you tell folks that Glock!!??"

The above is an excerpt from an upcoming video...allegedly
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Dillo Dust is awesome and NF deserves a SKD Bag of Dicks from ML.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My RRA has never mis fired once. Many years of abuse now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol he would rather get an RRA then a Larue.

My RRA has never mis fired once. Many years of abuse now.

Soooo, an acceptably accurate and utterly reliable rifle is a bad thing how?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And thats fine, but he specifically states he took it apart to duracoat it, then produces a picture proving he got the gas block wrong.

So either he
A: Never fired it stock.
B: Duracoated a gun that didnt work.

Which is more likely?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do not believe him that it didnt work stock, who duracoats a gun that doesn't work? I am willing to bet he immediately painted it, reassembled it wrong with the PRI, and then proceeded to blame Larue.

There are a lot of people that Duracoat/Cerakote guns before they use them. I have a buddy that does Cerakote on the side and people take him guns they've never even fired more often than something that's been used.

And thats fine, but he specifically states he took it apart to duracoat it, then produces a picture proving he got the gas block wrong.

So either he

Which is more likely?

Sooo, the stock gas block has set screws right? Does Larue dimple the barrel where the set screws go? If not they should. If so, this pretty much makes mis-alignment impossible. The tapered ends of the set screws center in the tapered dimples, thus indexing the gas block.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sooo, the stock gas block has set screws right? Does Larue dimple the barrel where the set screws go? If not they should. If so, this pretty much makes mis-alignment impossible. The tapered ends of the set screws center in the tapered dimples, thus indexing the gas block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do not believe him that it didnt work stock, who duracoats a gun that doesn't work? I am willing to bet he immediately painted it, reassembled it wrong with the PRI, and then proceeded to blame Larue.

There are a lot of people that Duracoat/Cerakote guns before they use them. I have a buddy that does Cerakote on the side and people take him guns they've never even fired more often than something that's been used.

So either he

Which is more likely?

If you watched the video, NF removed the LaRue block and put on a PRI clamp on. It wouldn't have mattered if it were cut for the screws.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So either he

Which is more likely?

Well the Larue gas block uses 3 set screws.... so im not sure the dimple would match up with non factory bas blocks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He tried different lowers, different gas blocks, different triggers, different buffers, different buffer springs, different stocks, different ammo, different mags, different shooting conditions, different lubes, different shooters, and two trips back to LaRue.

Drilling the gas port fixed it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they (LaRue) undersize the gas port to make it shoot softer. Drilling out the gas block solves the problem.

Im not going to watch nutnfancy blather on for 1000 minutes, but I wonder if he could have solved it with either lighter buffer or lighter buffer spring instead of drilling.

He tried different lowers, different gas blocks, different triggers, different buffers, different buffer springs, different stocks, different ammo, different mags, different shooting conditions, different lubes, different shooters, and two trips back to LaRue.

Drilling the gas port fixed it.

In on 15 as predicted!  Clown should have drilled the gas port on his under gassed rifle first. Even a 13'r could have figured that out  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Nutnfancy and 808state both claim they had a stealth upper frm the same time period that malfunctioned from day one.

Neither have proof.

One was able to get his fixed after sending in.

The other tried a variety of parts for 6 years and finally drilled the port larger and has a working rifle.

Shit happens.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

How long till there's an angry Hitler video about this?
View Quote
http://captiongenerator.com/29853/Hitler-Reacts-to-NutnFancy

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I can just see the new Larue packaging.
"Keep your tool laden booger hooks away from my product. If it ain't right send it back, I'll fix it. If you paint it, swap out part, or used a dermal on it the cost of repairs is on you, we'll be glad to return it to factory condition but expect to pay full price for any repairs. If you can't live with this, return unopened parts for a refund minus 20% restocking fee"
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How long till there's an angry Hitler video about this?
http://captiongenerator.com/29853/Hitler-Reacts-to-NutnFancy

That should be embedded on page 1 with an updated title! Larue should also add it on thier home page.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Dillo Dust is awesome and NF deserves a SKD Bag of Dicks from ML.
View Quote

Harumph

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nutnfancy and 808state both claim they had a stealth upper frm the same time period that malfunctioned from day one.

Neither have proof.

The other tried a variety of parts for 6 years and finally drilled the port larger and has a working rifle.

Shit happens.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither have proof.

Shit happens.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee427/ltlabner/Gifs/whoissleeping_zps5b39af1e.gif

Gif guy is back.  

What have I stated that is wrong?
What have I said that is different than mark larue?

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Gif guy is back.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither have proof.

Shit happens.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee427/ltlabner/Gifs/whoissleeping_zps5b39af1e.gif

Gif guy is back.  

Where did I say you were wrong?

Honestly, you are just so pedantically boring that your posts make my wife doze off.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Snort some of your spice and wake up gif guy.

I am proud of being boringly consistent and correctn. Somebody should be.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Neither have proof.

Shit happens.
View Quote

Well, one of them has proof that he's an idiot who constantly tinkers with shit and posted evidence of such on the internet. Shit does happen, but if you're going to go out and make a youtube video condemning the manufacturer, you should probably have proof to go along with it that it was their fault and not yours. If he wasn't an idiot he would have gotten out the right tools to build an AR with, which normally doesn't include an air compressor, power drill, or dremel tool if you have an idea of what you're doing around an AR.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top