BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

too risky for the soviets.  look how anti religion philip and elizabeth are.  i don't see them trusting an agent that can fake religion that well.  they did their best work with hippies and lefties.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would the center keep wanting them to get the kid involved? What use could she be since she is naturally indoctrinated in US culture? It's not like they could just suddenly convince her to be a spy and train her to the parents' level.

Good points. I have been thinking the same thing, up until this episode. I think the preacher has been molding paige for a while now.

too risky for the soviets.  look how anti religion philip and elizabeth are.  i don't see them trusting an agent that can fake religion that well.  they did their best work with hippies and lefties.

Good points. But I think the center wanted paige getting started more than anything. Especially considering Phillips and Elizabeth have been stalling for so long. They see a lot of potential in her, she reminds the center of elizabeth. Plus with the young boy ( forget his name), the one who was at the swimming pool when his parents were killed, since he is now dead, they Dont have many options for the younger generation.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Good points. But I think the center wanted paige getting started more than anything. Especially considering Phillips and Elizabeth have been stalling for so long. They see a lot of potential in her, she reminds the center of elizabeth. Plus with the young boy ( forget his name), the one who was at the swimming pool when his parents were killed, since he is now dead, they Dont have many options for the younger generation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would the center keep wanting them to get the kid involved? What use could she be since she is naturally indoctrinated in US culture? It's not like they could just suddenly convince her to be a spy and train her to the parents' level.

Good points. I have been thinking the same thing, up until this episode. I think the preacher has been molding paige for a while now.

Oh I forgot about that. Now I see the importance.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]
This series will end with Phillip becoming the governor of Arkansas.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This series will end with Phillip becoming the governor of Arkansas.
View Quote

i want elizabeth as my cigar box
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
My pedo alarm went off when the pastor was talking to Philip but, after seeing the rest of the episode, I think he was just trying to get them to open up and be honest with Paige.  That could be because he's working for the same team and has been prepping Paige, or maybe Paige just confided in him and he's trying to get resolution for her.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of them, with the anti-nuke movement and such.

What's up with Stan bringing over Tron?  I know it's not the first time he's done something like that, but I can't figure the angle.  Obviously he's not pedo, but... does he just miss his son?  Is he lonely? (where's the hot EST chick?) Is he suspicious of them?

Is the defector officially a spy now?

Anyway, this might be my favorite episode yet.

Trivial observation... when they backed out of the garage in the Camaro, I didn't see any back-up lights.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My pedo alarm went off when the pastor was talking to Philip but, after seeing the rest of the episode, I think he was just trying to get them to open up and be honest with Paige.  That could be because he's working for the same team and has been prepping Paige, or maybe Paige just confided in him and he's trying to get resolution for her.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of them, with the anti-nuke movement and such.

What's up with Stan bringing over Tron?  I know it's not the first time he's done something like that, but I can't figure the angle.  Obviously he's not pedo, but... does he just miss his son?  Is he lonely? (where's the hot EST chick?) Is he suspicious of them?

Is the defector officially a spy now?

Anyway, this might be my favorite episode yet.

Trivial observation... when they backed out of the garage in the Camaro, I didn't see any back-up lights.
View Quote

stan's been into electronic games all along...it won't surprise me if they end up slipping a bug in on him that way at some point.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Well....Willow is now confirmed as still working for the Soviet Union.  So...did Stan just give up after searching the first bar bathroom to see if see left something?

Paige staring at Stan after learning the truth from Phillip and Elizabeth was interesting............

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well....Willow is now confirmed as still working for the Soviet Union.  So...did Stan just give up after searching the first bar bathroom to see if see left something?

Paige staring at Stan after learning the truth from Phillip and Elizabeth was interesting............

View Quote
And Philip sharpening the knives like "don't make us kill him."

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Did anyone else feel a hidden message behind Elizabeth h saying "Paige has become very observant lately" ( or something close to that ) while Stan was right there ?

Almost like Elizabeth was pushing the envelope... Maybe the thrill or rush of being so close to being caught... Or taunting Stan without him knowing it
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Im thinking Phillip wants to disappear the weirdo creeper pastor ... you could see it in his eyes.

Page was thinking .... holy crap ... are mom and dad playing Stan? wtf’s the deal here?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
All I know is that if my parents had told me that shit when I was her age(which I was back in the 80's), I would have ratted them out in a heart beat.  Of course, I wasn't some stupid peacenik like she is.  By that age, I already had a stack of Soldier of Fortune and G&A magazines right next to the Playboy and Penthouse magazines.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

She picked up the message and then flushed it immediately.  Maybe she's decided Americaski isn't so bad.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's the damn Ruskies. They constantly grasp at straws, and desperation is a very smelly cologne.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

She picked up the message and then flushed it immediately.  Maybe she's decided Americaski isn't so bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She placed the message and then pretended to use the bathroom.  Later in the episode, it shows the Rezidentura reading the note she left.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

She placed the message and then pretended to use the bathroom.  Later in the episode, it shows the Rezidentura reading the note she left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Stan was right.

And for the record, I called this storyline 5 pages ago.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Their lives are hanging on the ability of a teenage girl to keep a secret...

I'm actually surprised they told their emotional, hormone-riddled teenager their deepest secret. They really didn't think it through enough to be ready to present a cover story to their children as they matured?  I guess it's to further the story of her being recruited, but it just seems unnecessarily risky.    
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope this season ends with Philip telling Stan the truth.  Maybe he does it because he doesn't want his daughter to turn into a whore...there is a lot of fucking that has to happen in order for missions to be successful.  Or maybe Philip gets the order to kill Stan.  He doesn't want to kill his "buddy" nor does he want his daughter going into the spy game.  They could show Philip acting like he's reluctantly going along with the assassination and have him "poison" Stan's drink.  We watch Stan "die"(actually he is just knocked out)and the beginning of season 4 begins with Stan tied to a chair and Philip lays it all on him and offers to work for the FBI.  Hell, I'm drunk.  What the hell do I know?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I hope this season ends with Philip telling Stan the truth.  Maybe he does it because he doesn't want his daughter to turn into a whore...there is a lot of fucking that has to happen in order for missions to be successful.  Or maybe Philip gets the order to kill Stan.  He doesn't want to kill his "buddy" nor does he want his daughter going into the spy game.  They could show Philip acting like he's reluctantly going along with the assassination and have him "poison" Stan's drink.  We watch Stan "die"(actually he is just knocked out)and the beginning of season 4 begins with Stan tied to a chair and Philip lays it all on him and offers to work for the FBI.  Hell, I'm drunk.  What the hell do I know?
View Quote

Multiple ways they can go with this story.  I think a few of us have wondered if/ when Phillip would turn.  He's never come across as much a true believer as Elizabeth.  I think the kids would be the driving force for him to do it, if that's the way the story moves.  Wouldn't surprise me.  Could have a Phillip vs Elizabeth death match.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Multiple ways they can go with this story.  I think a few of us have wondered if/ when Phillip would turn.  He's never come across as much a true believer as Elizabeth.  I think the kids would be the driving force for him to do it, if that's the way the story moves.  Wouldn't surprise me.  Could have a Phillip vs Elizabeth death match.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm definitely hoping for a Philip vs Elizabeth storyline.  She's a cunt.  Don't get me wrong.  Keri Russell is doing a great job as an actress in making me hate her character.  That being said, I'd still bang her.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:16:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I'm definitely hoping for a Philip vs Elizabeth storyline.  She's a cunt.  Don't get me wrong.  Keri Russell is doing a great job as an actress in making me hate her character.  That being said, I'd still bang her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayup.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#21]
bump

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Ayup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayup.

As far as the kids go, Paige is eventually going to side with mom and dad.  It's the son that is going to bust them due to him getting close to Stan.

The son is going to feel left out, and Stan is going to need someone to fill the void left by his family.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#23]
stan may end up with the kids, if he survives, but i think paige will be the rat before henry even knows to suspect.  

elizabeth's hotel scene = hot
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:55:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

As far as the kids go, Paige is eventually going to side with mom and dad.  It's the son that is going to bust them due to him getting close to Stan.  

The son is going to feel left out, and Stan is going to need someone to fill the void left by his family.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayup.

Maybe.  Paige has a serious issue with trust with her parents right now, and she'll have to overcome that before turning into Elizabeth v2.0 - I can still see her turning on them.  Henry has been so dis-interested in anything newsworthy, politics, hockey, etc... I'm not sure he'd notice unless he was just outright told "Henry, we're Soviet spies and we do espionage and kill people".  But I do see him and Stan hanging out more.  Both of them have voids, and similar interests.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I still like the show, but this season has been pretty boring so far IMO.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I just finished season 3.  I couldn't help myself from reading some of the season 4 spoilers, though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

The action is right around the corner.

Martha is past due to die in a car accident

The CIA dudes jail bait daughter

Beeman's plan to spring his Russian sidepiece.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#28]
WTF was on Elizabeth's lip for the first 20 minutes of the last episode, a watermelon growing there?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah it's boiling.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#30]
It's almost like they are intentionally dragging the last half of the season - not much other than buildup drama.  And I guess next episode is the season finale.  

I'd be surprised if Martha doesn't die now after that little stunt "Clark" just pulled.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'd be surprised if Martha doesn't die now after that little stunt "Clark" just pulled.
View Quote

I was so confused as to why he did that... what was he trying to prove, or hoped it would do ?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Just exactly when do they find the time and place to do the daily disguises?

Telling a half spun teenage girl anything is a mistake ..... they are doomed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was so confused as to why he did that... what was he trying to prove, or hoped it would do ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The South African kid is gonna go after Martha  (possibly without Phillip's knowledge/consent), and Martha is gonna blow him away (how many times have they shown Martha's gun?).

Then Elizabeth and a very pissed-off Phillip is gonna clean up and take Martha out... I still like the idea I mentioned a few pages ago of killing Martha and "Clark" together... some poor hobo is gonna have some postmortem dental work done.    
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#34]
I think Martha is already dead. It will be an apparent suicide.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Beeman needs to shoot some more commies already.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Beeman needs to shoot some more commies already.
View Quote

No shit... he's damn near been written out of the show this year.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone else wondering if Paige goes to the Soviet Union to see her real grandmother whether Elizabeth elects to leave her there for awhile to be "re-educated" by the KGB?

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone else wondering if Paige goes to the Soviet Union to see her real grandmother whether Elizabeth elects to leave her there for awhile to be "re-educated" by the KGB?  
View Quote

my guess was they'd ship her off to the Center and tell everyone she's at boarding school
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
my guess was they'd ship her off to the Center and tell everyone she's at boarding school
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Possibly.  Elizabeth was all about telling Paige and getting her into the program.  Now she looks completely "Oh crap WTF do we do now" when Paige starts asking questions and freaking out.  And that little exchange in the diner between the handlers - I can certainly see Paige becoming a "guest" of the center.  Not sure how Phillip is going to react to that, should it happen.

As for Martha - I cannot see her not meeting the hammer of dead in some manner now.  Possibly a fiery auto accident, maybe as suggested above with a substitute "Clark" with her.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Possibly.  Elizabeth was all about telling Paige and getting her into the program.  Now she looks completely "Oh crap WTF do we do now" when Paige starts asking questions and freaking out.  And that little exchange in the diner between the handlers - I can certainly see Paige becoming a "guest" of the center.  Not sure how Phillip is going to react to that, should it happen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully Philip flips the fuck out and then "flips".  I'm hoping to see Philip as a double agent pitted against Elizabeth.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's going to kill Martha but he couldn't do it as "Clark".
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're probably right.  Bottom line:  She's seen his face.  She has to go.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Question is - how?

Still think the fiery auto accident is best.  She's made plans to go visit family, and they are probably expecting her.  Stage the crash along the route she would have been driving.

Monkey wrench is whether or not she fights back, and is able to get to her gun and discharge it.  Might force Phillip to make a hasty departure before being able to clean up the apartment or stage anything.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Martha's parents undoubtedly have wedding photos with "Clark", "Clark's sister", and ""Clark's mother" in them.  Best to let her go home and burn the house to the ground with the three of them in it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Plus Martha and her parents have met Elisabeth as Clark's sister. I got the impression that he was pulling off his mask to change his leverage from love to fear. He tried to turn her back by telling her that he loved her but that didn't work. When he pulled his disguise off she had a look of horror on her face. It was like she finally realized who he was and what he represented. Still if she turns up dead the FBI will start to pull apart every aspect of Martha's life.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#46]
When Martha called her parents, I thought she was about to kill herself.  I was surprised to see her packed up to visit them, and kind of wonder if she's actually going somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Plus Martha and her parents have met Elisabeth as Clark's sister. I got the impression that he was pulling off his mask to change his leverage from love to fear. He tried to turn her back by telling her that he loved her but that didn't work. When he pulled his disguise off she had a look of horror on her face. It was like she finally realized who he was and what he represented. Still if she turns up dead the FBI will start to pull apart every aspect of Martha's life.
View Quote

I think you nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#48]
So, what's the deal with the preacher?  Something tells me the obvious pedo angle might be a red herring.  Could he and his wife possibly be illegals as well?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So, what's the deal with the preacher?  Something tells me the obvious pedo angle might be a red herring.  Could he and his wife possibly be illegals as well?
View Quote

Are illegals under every rock then?  Too convenient.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A little bit, with the remarks about treating her like an adult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
paige's preacher raising anybody else's pedo bear alarms?

A little bit, with the remarks about treating her like an adult.

yep.  escpecially with her hug.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top