Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
cheaper to pay the $200  than how much for well fare , food stamps, medical and other bullshit for the little bastard
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How much tax money is spent on abortions yearly?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right.

No he isn't...............a lot of people outside of social conservatives do not approve of taxpayer funded abortions.

How much tax money is spent on abortions yearly?

Probably no more than $270 million, the amount of government grants for Planned Parenthood.  The rest is from insurance or private monies.
Bill Gates could fund this easily.....and should, if he isn't a racist..  OK, just get a bunch of liberal Hollywood types to kick in along with token amounts from the NAACP and the Black Caucus.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]
There is nothing I can do, without going into authoritarian methods, to stop them. But they can pay for their choices themselves.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is nothing I can do, without going into authoritarian methods, to stop them. But they can pay for their choices themselves.
View Quote

You'll pay indefinitely if they don't have one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes I agree with the majority of Americans that NO taxpayer funding shall be used for domestic and international abortion.

Most Americans Support Abortion Restrictions, Majority Oppose Taxpayer Funding of Abortions

I do not support the minority of these fiscal liberal radical progressive leftists who want to expand the provider state with taxpayer funded abortion.

http://i.imgur.com/MGbC36E.jpg

View Quote

"The poll indicates the public is split right down the middle, with 49%
saying that women who receive government subsidies for health insurance
should be able to get a plan that covers abortion services and an
identical 49% disagreeing."

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd much rather pay for an abortion of an unwanted child than to pay for welfare.... It'll save us a ton of money and reduce crime ;)
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure, I'd love to not have my tax dollars pay for abortions.  But my tax dollars pay for a lot of shit I don't like, none of which is going away anytime soon.  So it's all academic.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You make a good point that I considered.

But the title of the bill led me to phrase it that way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, I think the high number of "no" votes might be due to the phrasing of the question.

You make a good point that I considered.

But the title of the bill led me to phrase it that way.

Well, when you count up your votes, please remember at least one was cast wrong.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#10]
The interesting thing is that the Administration is teaching us how to do it.  The DOJ has told the banks that their businesses will be hampered or destroyed if they don't enforce rules against providing accounts to businesses related to firearms.  So far, they've gotten away with it.  There are any number of stories about gun shops that have been forced out of business because they couldn't find a bank to provide them banking services and credit card processing.  

So, when the conservatives take over, we can do the same thing with abortion providers, in addition to stopping the direct subsidies to them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
cheaper to pay the $200  than how much for well fare , food stamps, medical and other bullshit for the little bastard
View Quote

Cheaper still is to pay neither.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm all for providing taxpayer funded abortions to "parents" who either can't afford a child, are having it just to get more government money, or are completely incapable of raising one.

Instead of paying poor people to have children, we should be paying them NOT to.  Taxpayer funded education, birth control, abortions, surgery, etc, etc.  Anything to prevent more unwanted children from being produced then thrown in the cesspool we call the inner city to become ignorant, criminal thugs.  Because that's far more expensive than anything else that can happen.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Price me out the cost of rebuilding a city after they burn it down.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I also support drug testing for welfare.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm all for providing taxpayer funded abortions to "parents" who either can't afford a child, are having it just to get more government money, or are completely incapable of raising one.

Instead of paying poor people to have children, we should be paying them NOT to.  Taxpayer funded education, birth control, abortions, surgery, etc, etc.  Anything to prevent more unwanted children from being produced then thrown in the cesspool we call the inner city to become ignorant, criminal thugs.  Because that's far more expensive than anything else that can happen.

View Quote

IN before someone calls your post racist.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Where are the charities for putting norplants and other long term BC into willing participants? That's something I'd donate to. Just getting folks past their early 20s without kids would do a lot, and would probably reduce demand for govt funded abortions. I'm surprised there's no one giving teens back alley norplants without parent consent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about a gimmick where you can get a freebie abortion if you let us tie your tubes? Until we can get rid of all the welfare programs , that is.

I'd agree to it.  I'd agree to government funded spaying/neutering by itself, too.  THAT has a tangible benefit to society without all the creepy undertones.

Where are the charities for putting norplants and other long term BC into willing participants? That's something I'd donate to. Just getting folks past their early 20s without kids would do a lot, and would probably reduce demand for govt funded abortions. I'm surprised there's no one giving teens back alley norplants without parent consent.

There is a charity doing it for drug addicts: http://www.projectprevention.org/
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I also support drug testing for welfare.
View Quote

Wrong angle.

We need to strangle them with their own shackles.

Make nicotine and cholesterol testing weigh on health care access.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I can remember when Roe vs. Wade was settled, but can't remember many details.  I'll  be willing to bet the pro-abortion crowd was promising there would be no taxpayer funding for it just like they lie about everything else.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The list of things that I do support using taxpayer funding for is incredibly short.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 2010 entitlements cost $2.2 trillion dollars for that year alone.  We can't afford to keep paying protection money to the mob, especially since they don't abide by it.

Plus it won't be the whole city that burns.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I support the bill
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#22]
In my view abortion is murder.  As such there are only very narrow circumstances under which it's permissible.  That circumstance is as follows: Proceeding with the birth will cause the mothers death and there is no other option available with a higher chance at saving both of them.

Not arguing.  Only stating my position.

Given my above position... I do not support taxpayer money going to abortions... Furthermore I do not support any taxpayer money going to organizations that advocate for abortion procedures over the alternatives.

This means I support the bill in question.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't support taxpayer funding for much of anything.

But it is clinically retarded to try and pretend this is just about cutting funding for abortion when you should fucking well know by now the kind of outrage it is going to cause.  

You want to cut funding for abortion?  Fine.  Where's the bill to cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts, or eliminating farm subsidies, or reforming Social Security, or cutting foreign aid, or eliminating one of the million other federal money sinks that no one even has heard of?

It's pandering to the social conservatives.  Nothing more, nothing less.
View Quote

So yes or no?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Over 300,000 black babies were aborted last year. But that doesn't matter to the leftists at #blacklivesmatter
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about a gimmick where you can get a freebie abortion if you let us tie your tubes? Until we can get rid of all the welfare programs , that is.

I'd agree to it.  I'd agree to government funded spaying/neutering by itself, too.  THAT has a tangible benefit to society without all the creepy undertones.

That's awesome! Thanks!

From the site:

Project Prevention offers cash incentives to women and men addicted to drugs and/or alcohol to use long term or permanent birth control.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Over 300,000 black babies were aborted last year. But that doesn't matter to the leftists at #blacklivesmatter
View Quote

that does not matter to a good portion of "pro choice" members of ARFCOM
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch this for thirty seconds and tell me why i should care?
population clock
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's awesome! Thanks!

From the site:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's awesome! Thanks!

From the site:

Project Prevention offers cash incentives to women and men addicted to drugs and/or alcohol to use long term or permanent birth control.

I wonder if they are a amazon smile charity.  I would gladly donate to that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

population clock
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

population clock

Careful.  Last time we had one of these threads a "pro-life" poster told me to go kill myself to help the cause.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Careful.  Last time we had one of these threads a "pro-life" poster told me to go kill myself to help the cause.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

population clock

I'm not going to kill myself or anyone else, but I will never mourn any death with a population expanding this fast.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

population clock

Well it was not me, but I get the feeling that is irrelevant to you.  just as long as we establish that pro life means bad person and pro stick a pair of scissors into the brain of the unborn and rip them limb from limb means good person
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm not going to kill myself or anyone else, but I will never mourn any death with a population expanding this fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

population clock

any death?  meaning family also?

if so then you really live a sad life.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

population clock

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Big picture man.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't care a whole lot what someone does.  That is between them and God (whether they acknowledge Him or not, but that's a different thread).  But...  If it is none of my business, why do they keep reaching into my pocket to pay for it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Rep, Randy Weber, filed this bill:

On Thursday, the United States House of Representatives voted on H.R. 7 – No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion. The measure passed by a vote of 242 to 179 and now heads to the Senate.

There is another thread going on where some are arguing about outlawing abortion, even though that isn't what was proposed.  So please don't argue about that.

The question is simply: Do you support this bill for  "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion"?

I don't care a whole lot what someone does.  That is between them and God (whether they acknowledge Him or not, but that's a different thread).  But...  If it is none of my business, why do they keep reaching into my pocket to pay for it?

This right here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This right here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On Thursday, the United States House of Representatives voted on H.R. 7 – No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion. The measure passed by a vote of 242 to 179 and now heads to the Senate.

There is another thread going on where some are arguing about outlawing abortion, even though that isn't what was proposed.  So please don't argue about that.

The question is simply: Do you support this bill for  "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion"?

This right here.

Because you're going to pay for them one way or another. < $500 is a way better bargain for you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
AR 15.com is for the most part a conservative God fearing board.

The Majority of our members as a rule do not believe in the killing of an unborn baby.

It's strange how that number shrinks to under 25% when it the poor and minorities who are getting a govt subsidized abortion.

Getting rid of liberals before they can grow up and vote?

Getting rid of minorities before they grow up?

The a lot of people on this board who are closet 88's, they know it's not cool to come out and say what they really think.

My own personal views on minorities has changed in the past 15 years to a more fair and balanced look at people.

I don't want the govt to pay for abortions for 2 reasons:

1- Govt has no business using our tax money for things like this.

2- Taking an innocent life Born or unborn is the wrongest thing in the world.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well it was not me, but I get the feeling that is irrelevant to you.  just as long as we establish that pro life means bad person and pro stick a pair of scissors into the brain of the unborn and rip them limb from limb means good person
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

population clock

Nope.  I don't care that much either way.  I'm just bored today and its fun messing with you guys.  I still stand by my original statement that abortion is the cheaper alternative as long as welfare exists.  End welfare, then I really don't care; war on women away or whatever its called.

BTW my pick for president of the US is a pro-lifer if that makes you feel better (Rand Paul).  Because guns > everything else.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Majority of our members as a rule do not believe in the killing of an unborn baby.

It's strange how that number shrinks to under 25% when it the poor and minorities who are getting a govt subsidized abortion.

The a lot of people on this board who are closet 88's, they know it's not cool to come out and say what they really think.

My own personal views on minorities has changed in the past 15 years to a more fair and balanced look at people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad the majority of those on welfare in my state are white.

ETA: Nationwide here are the numbers found on a quick google search

Welfare Demographics:

The following percentages are recipients of welfare based on race.

• White – 38.8%
• Black – 39.8%

• Hispanic – 15.7%
• Asian – 2.4%
• Other – 3.3%

source: http://brandongaille.com/welfare-statistics-by-race-state-and-payment/

So does that mean us 88'ers hate white people too?

ETA #2: Here you go.  Local news story from KY about welfare direct withdrawal cash benefits.  News reports that 21% of my state's population is on welfare.  Watch the video.  All white folk.  Every single one of them interviewed sounded high as a kite.  Try to watch the whole thing without getting pissed off.  

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/WKYT-Investigates-208393651.html

Perhaps we should make it as easy as we can for these people to not reproduce.  Or am I just being racist or something?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Not one dime from my pocket.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#42]
You realize that still shows a positive growth? to show you what that means; 1% of 7.2 billion is of course 72000000. That number is still compounding every year with the new percentage being .9% of the 7.3 billion and so on resulting in a total population of aproximately 10 billion by the end of your graph. Even then your source is still showing a net increase annually.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I was always totally against abortion. I think it is a sad situation when a society kills it's children.
I worked with a man who's mother died from getting an illegal abortion. If a woman is desperate enough to go to a butcher and put her own life at risk, then that is an unacceptable situation. It caused me to modify thoughts on it.
I would not support a law banning abortions. That said I don't want to help pay for someone to kill their child.
View Quote

Committing murder should put your life at risk.  I know if someone comes to murder me that their life will be at risk.

Just because the unborn are unable to defend themselves doesn't mean they shouldn't be protected.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

You realize that still shows a positive growth? to show you what that means; 1% of 7.2 billion is of course 72000000. That number is still compounding every year with the new percentage being .9% of the 7.3 billion and so on resulting in a total population of aproximately 10 billion by the end of your graph. Even then your source is still showing a net increase annually.
View Quote

I'm aware of how it works.

I'm just not going to go all Malthusian about it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
But it means more future Democrats.  They were getting nipped in the bud.
View Quote

Yep, nits become lice.

Money well spent IMHO if you look at the future savings.

Of course all this morality play nonsense could be avoided if our society did not pay really good money to squirt out kids that in turn are a drag on society when they grow up.

Work that angle and the issue pretty much goes away. Till it does there should be a abortion clinic (or doctors that will perform them in rural areas) in every community.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#46]
His arguments are even more valid today than they were then. We are interfering with the natural checks and balances by spreading food to famine stricken areas, cures to disease prone areas, and utilizing methods to keep others alive longer. All in the name of "helping" others. By doing this we increase the casualties of catastrophic events, but the death rates are still too low. Outside of a large scale famine, plague, or real war, we should not be breeding at this rate.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The list of things that I do support using taxpayer funding for is incredibly short.  
View Quote

This. That said, the chances of it becoming law are about zero.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Its probably the most responsible use of money by our government. If a kids not wanted before its born do you really think that the mother is going to put her time and money into raising it? We can spend $200 to stop the problem before it starts, or we can pay for the problem for a minimum of 18 years.  We recoup our tax money in the first or second prenatal exam. So yeah I'm against the bill and all for gov funded abortion.
View Quote

Or better yet we pay for none of it

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Finally, something I'm willing to pay for...
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top