Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2015 12:41:00 AM EDT
I get paid like I don't.  What's wrong with this scenario?  Yes I really keep people from dying and not only that they recover and live happily after.  Pay me more dammit!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:42:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Compensation has little to do with responsibility

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:47:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Do the people you're saving deserve Darwin awards?

If yes, maybe you should be fined...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I get paid like I don't.  What's wrong with this scenario?  Yes I really keep people from dying and not only that they recover and live happily after.  Pay me more dammit!
View Quote

Great than change jobs
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Eh, so do I, so do a lot of people.

Get this, my SiL cleans fucking teeth and makes around $40+ an hour...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Job title.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I pick up dead people. I get paid ok for what i do.
Maybe fuck up more and you can make a deal with someone like me?

Daniel
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Daniel
View Quote

I know a guy that has a funeral home and at one time also owned an Ambulance company.   I told him that seemed like a conflict of interest.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
statement recanted
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Daniel
View Quote

Whatever. I got out of jail early for picking up dead bodies. Got me out in time to quick ship to basic with a buddy. I picked up his body too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Whatever.  When a surgeon cuts your heart open and drops you off at my shop I'll make sure you don't die.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn, thought this was an A Few Good Men thread.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Whatever. I got out of jail early for picking up dead bodies. Got me out in time to quick ship to basic with a buddy. I picked up his body too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Daniel

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, this is a really fucked up thread.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:12:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Do the people you're saving deserve Darwin awards?

If yes, maybe you should be fined...
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:25:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes act cool while the loved one is pouring blood out like a faucet.  While you try to pour (not blood) in.  And the surgeon on call doesnt want to come out.  BP 60/15 and dropping.  Fuck the doc i'm getting some blood.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:27:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes act cool while the loved one is pouring blood out like a faucet.  While you try to pour (not blood) in.  And the surgeon on call doesnt want to come out.  BP 60/15 and dropping.  Fuck the doc i'm getting some blood.
View Quote
You drinking op?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Daniel

http://i.imgur.com/HCLwQ9A.jpg

He's the only one to ever pick up a dead friend. Call me when you show up to a suicide to find its a best friend. Then scrub the brains out of the carpet for the family because you loved them as your own.
Or try to pick a two week old body out of a bathtub, ever seen turtle soup? Yeah, chill the hardacre shit.

Daniel
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#20]
You are doing a fucking hard job! Now it is time to fucking make the right choices and do what you know is right.

I don't envie you in your position.

Tomorrow may be, or may not be, better.

Carry on...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:36:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:38:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I got 5 units and lactated ringers after the O ran out  where do I stand

The white light was so fucking tempting
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:42:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:42:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Move to a free state and unionize
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shit, is this a movie/show quote thread? I'll admit that I don't know. Did I miss some epic medical drama or something?
View Quote

I think op is a nurse who's mad at obamacare
Or something
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:44:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit, is this a movie/show quote thread? I'll admit that I don't know. Did I miss some epic medical drama or something?

Nurse or MURSE
it matters

nurses are like kryptonite to LE

MURSES are laughed at by LE
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:50:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I hear the pay is better for taking lives. Have you considered a career change?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:51:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hear the pay is better for taking lives. Have you considered a career change?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, but how much revenue do you generate?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#30]
I pooped in a box and burned it at work today. I get paid a lot more than I'm worth.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:58:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I pooped in a box and burned it at work today. I get paid a lot more than I'm worth.
View Quote

Hot sauce source ...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Start your own super-hero-for-hire-business.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:03:52 AM EDT
[#33]
You are loud pipes?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:15:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I save lives too, O.P.. I drive drunk people home. I save a shit ton of lives at once when I take a busload of drunken oil company workers back to their hotels. And I ran into burning buildings for free for 7 years as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:16:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You are loud pipes?
View Quote

Car in avatar has loud pipes....
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Murse thread.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:21:27 AM EDT
[#37]
There are people who save lives on a volunteer basis.

Sit back and enjoy the fact that you help people, worrying about money only makes people bitter
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:22:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you work in an office, you are my hero.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#39]
It's only a guess because for some reason you won't actually tell us your job title, but if you're a nurse or a PA and you're not getting paid what you judge to be what you are worth then do something about it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Gecko 45?  is that you?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:29:55 AM EDT
[#42]
My job is probably easier than the OPs and I make quite a bit doing it.

Sorry dude
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:36:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Usually the people that really enjoy that kind of job OP (that I've met, anyway) don't really do it for the money.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:39:52 AM EDT
[#44]
EMT op?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#45]
I guess you can take pride in knowing that what you do is important and literally saves lives?

If money is more important then find out how to work up the ladder.  Pursue advanced education and/or training and find out how to use that to be more valuable to your employer to justify increased pay.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:03:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Sounds like you're burning out, OP. Be careful.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:27:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

The hospitals figured out that someone will do your job for free if you don't like your paycheck and so you steer tens or hundreds of millions of dollars worth of business into their ED every year while they pay you dirt and make you beg for a donut.

They also know that there is nothing you can do about it. You're not going to take Mrs. M.I. or Mr. Tension Pnuemothorax to Urgent Care. Even if they decide top triple your salary, you're going to take your patient to the nearest facility that's accepting patients.

If you are a firefighter, you can ask for a return to 1850s New York, when they had private fire companies and they used to beat the shit out of each other at fires because whoever controlled the scene got to bill the customer. They might be too busy beating the shit out of each other to put out the fire, but it was comical in the sense that it was awesome if it wasn't your house that burned down. Of course, all good things must come to an end and city owned fire departments became a thing, but you can still find accounts of the shenanigans and they're funny in a massive WTF sort of way.

The system works. It sucks to be the tip of the spear, but if you stop doing it, three or four people will line up to take your place.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:31:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
EMT op?
View Quote

EMT's don't bitch about their jobs, ambulance drivers do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:33:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The hospitals figured out that someone will do your job for free if you don't like your paycheck and so you steer tens or hundreds of millions of dollars worth of business into their ED every year while they pay you dirt and make you beg for a donut.

They also know that there is nothing you can do about it. You're not going to take Mrs. M.I. or Mr. Tension Pnuemothorax to Urgent Care. Even if they decide top triple your salary, you're going to take your patient to the nearest facility that's accepting patients.

If you are a firefighter, you can ask for a return to 1850s New York, when they had private fire companies and they used to beat the shit out of each other at fires because whoever controlled the scene got to bill the customer. They might be too busy beating the shit out of each other to put out the fire, but it was comical in the sense that it was awesome if it wasn't your house that burned down. Of course, all good things must come to an end and city owned fire departments became a thing, but you can still find accounts of the shenanigans and they're funny in a massive WTF sort of way.

The system works. It sucks to be the tip of the spear, but if you stop doing it, three or four people will line up to take your place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top