Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/23/2015 3:03:17 PM EDT
Hey GD/Arfcom, if you interested in building a PC, drop in the OST, pull up a chair and grab a beer.

With the price of tech coming down in price, and some affordable options and budget oriented systems proliferating, PC gaming, or building a quality PC with good components is more often than not cheaper than buying a factory unit.

Another reason PC gaming is popular, is the lack of a monthly subscription system, like Xbox Live or play station network. Outside of Monthly billed MMO games, Multi-player on PC is no extra cost.

Your system can be upgraded component at a time, Vs purchasing a whole new console.

More versatility in use of product, you cant use word processing programs, or graphic editing programs on console, or do your taxes on a console.

you can build a small form factor PC, install any OS, liek Steam OS and make a steam box, hook up your controller and use it in your living room as a console, while still having a PC.

For the keyboard disabled. A-lot of Games now have Console controller support. I.E. Integrated into Steam.

Similarly, you guys can put a nice two stage trigger, a 5r polygonal rifled mid-legth barrel in your AR with melonite augmented by that fancy 1-6x variable compact scope and your choice of FF rail and comfortable furniture.

Well, Building a PC. is very similar in that respect. But many find the inside of a PC very daunting and confusing or too overwhelming. BUT, there is hope.

It can be just as easy as dropping in and bolting parts together. Some fitting requires where needed of course, but it's usually pretty straight forward if everything is in SPEC.

You don't have to be a Nerd, or tactical mall ninja of PC's to enjoy PC gaming or having an enthusiast PC. They can be elegant and simple. and Black like your regular flavored 6920 and KISS rifles.

as such.

OR you can go all out with Liquid cooling solutions, color matching components and braided cables.

But you can enjoy 60 frames per second, full HD 1080P gaming without any of those high end rigs.

It comes down to, do you want a 6920 with a DD rail? or a Larue of similar layout?

Stand by as I format this post.

First, lets start with cases.

You generally have three standard sizes, and proprietary cases here and there.

The Case, is the box housing your components, and what everything connects to.

most people have Mid tower cases, as they take the most components reasonably all around without fighting space to badly. its what most cases at the big box stores are.

the case on the right is a mid tower. left is a full.

For Arfcom, here's a choice of case that might interest you. These are made of steel and are military themed with buttons and carry handle in all.

These are the Corsair C70's

You can get plain cases, enthusiast boutique looking cases, or silence/quiet operation cases that have noise dampening materials in them.

the panel with a foam block is a quiet PC case.

Processors.

This is usually the most important and expensive decision when it comes to your PC.
There are only Two companies that make Desktop Processors. Intel [Which just gave $300 million to Anita Sarkesian of Feminist Frequency](see the GamerGate thread for details)
and AMD, which has usually been the budget oriented choice on the market. AMD currently doesn't have Super high end processors to beat Intels I7's K series, but they'll get the job done and you'll still be able to run any game on them without issue.
Intel tends to be less power hungry than AMD, But Intel is significantly more expensive.

About Intel Processors.

Intel has 3 tiers of processors.
The I3,I5, and I7 series.
Models with the "K" letter in the model such as an I5 2500K means that model is unlocked, and can be overclocked.
Say the stock factory processing speed is 4.1 Gigahertz. You can Overclock it to make it FASTER. You'll find many who have overclocked by ALOT. more than 2Gz gains in some cases.

For gaming I recommend the I5 line, with the K model. For Video and Audio processing[if you make HD youtube videos often] i suggest an I7.
If all you do is basic computing, with no video gaming ke playing COD, BF, Guild Wars 2, or video editing, but just browse the internet, then you can get away with the I3.

Intel has "integrated graphics" on their processors, but at most they can run an aging game like World of Warcraft at semi playable settings. On my laptops, there have always been issues between it conflicting with my on board dedicated graphics card. If gaming, don't bother with the integrated intel graphics. To this day, Intel has issues with their graphic drivers where on laptops, Screens will dim, flicker and be slightly off hue due to Drivers. They are aware of the problem but have shown no intent on fixing it any time soon.

*Overclocking means more power draw, and more heat, in some cases the stock cooling fan isn't enough, so an aftermarket bolt on option would be required to keep good temps. Bigger heatsicks +fan or Liquid cooling*[will discuss this more little later].

About AMD processors.

AMD is a bit unique, as they not only processors like CPU's, but recently started making APU's. "accelerated processing unit" in that the APU incorporates the processor from a Graphic card, onboard the APU. So you'll have a 6 Core APU with a quad core CPU, and 2 cores for dedicated graphics. Making integrated graphics ALOT better than Intel's integrated graphics HD4600 or whatever they are using now. They are inexpensive, and can keep up with most games single highhandedly without the need of a graphic card in your PC. They are perfect for entry level builds and first timer builders who want to have 1080P gaming without spending a grand on a system.

CPU's.
a good old standby is the FX 6300 this is the absolute minimum chip i would get from them, It has been able to run every Triple A title out there at Ultra no problem, [This requires a good graphics card, will will get to those.]
The FX series are their traditional stuff, they have FX 8350's which are their 8 Core behemoths, they are solid choices as well as their 9xxx's series. the differences are in Clock speeds and power consumption, looking on their pages, they are listed.

APU's.

APU's would be akin to have an FX6300, and a Radeon R7 graphics card. [depending on the model APU] vs having a Processors + Graphic card on your motherboard.
With this combination. It's less expensive. It's a good choice for the money, But it you want really upscales performance and quality, going with a dedicated GPU{graphics card is a good choice too]
With that said, you can have a Dedicated graphic card, AND your APU working together in SLI. [hooking two graphic cards to work together][they need to be compatible**]

we'll talk more about SLI later.*

Cores.
the most common processors now have 4 cores. Quad cores. this means there are 4 different individual "processors" in a way in that chip. this helps with running multiple programs simultaneously, or programs coded to use more than one codeto achieved faster computer or processes, such as video and audio editing large movies and such. Most Video games are not even using all 4 cores. Most programs still only use 1. You can get by with a quad core processor. Most of the time, an 8 core processor is slower, while a 4 core processor is faster. It's a trade off that you have to choose depending on your use. For gaming, Faster clock speeds are important. so a slow 8 core processor isn't the best choice.

Memory, aka RAM.

[Current RAM modules are DDR3, older ones are DDR2, stay away, and DDR4 just came out.] Ram, random access memory contributes a great deal to your PC's speed with programs, how much it can handle.
For example. battlefield 4 uses almost all of my 8 Gigabytes of Ram. Any less and i would have issues running the game smoothly or at all.
8 Gigs is the absolute minimum i would  recommend, with a clock of 1600Mhz and a minimum timing of 9-9-9-21 or variation of 9-9-9 etc.
Mhz is largely debated to death, but you'll have 1600mhz sticks that are faster than 2400mhz sticks. and 1600mhz faster than other than 1600mhz sticks due to their timings, the lower the timing[latency]. the faster it is.
9-9-9 is slower than 8-8-8. 9-9-9 is faster than 10-10-10 etc. Save your money, get a 1600mhz minimum. don't worry about coolers and other schemes. I recommend Corsair brand.

Motherboards.

This is the largest piece that goes into your case, it's also where everything connects to and works.
Make sure your processor, and RAM are compatible. if you have 1600mhz ram, make your your motherboard states it supports 1600Mhz ram.
Motherboards that have 3000mhz DDR3 support CAN use 1600mhz or even 1333mhz ram. It just means it CAN use Ram that's up to 3000mhz.

Socket. An I5 2500k processor uses a LGA 1155 Socket. therefore, your motherboard must be an LGA 1155 socket motherboard.
and AMD FX 6300 processor uses and AM3+ socket, therefor the motherboard must have an AM3+ Socket.
an AMD APU A10 uses an FM2+ socket, therefore the motherboard must have a FM2+ socket.
You cannot use DDR2 in a DDR3 motherboard. or DDR3 in a DDR2 MB, the dins are different dimensions.
Graphic cards use PCI EXPRESS slots. not "PCI" .........................PCI EXPRESS.
Sound cards, Lan[ethernet]cards, depending on what model. use PCI or PCI express slots, make sure you get a motherboard with the correct slots, and enough slots to plug your gear into.

Storage, Hard Drive Disks, Solid State Drives.

if you want reliable. traditional hard drive storage, get a western digital BLUE, 1 terabyte [1,000 gigabytes.] or bigger if you wish.
No contest. Seagate. nope.

SSD's

They're awesome, everyone should have one. Why? Their read and write speeds blow regualr HDD's out of the water. downside? price.
Most popular SSD is the Samsung 850Evo, 250Gigs, and its 134 bucks on amazon right now.
I have an 840Evo, they had a firmware issue {only the 840 evo] but samsung put out an update to fix it.
It boots my system, from Push button to desktop in 8 seconds. Games installed on it. load maps ALOT faster, BF4 loads map changes in less than a minute, while it takes around 6 minutes on an HDD.

Graphic Cards.
Here's where teh gaming magic happens. Dedicated, PCI express graphic cards.
There's two companies, Nvidia and AMD.
AMD graphic cards used to be ATI, a canadian company but were purcahsed by AMD years ago.

GENERALLY. AMD gives your more performance for the money, they run a little warmer, and use a little more power.
Driver installation can sometimes be a pain. But otherwise, they are solid cards. and overclock very well on average.

Nvidia, More expensive for performance, but very solid cards, some of their newer cards are super efficient, use less juice, stay cooler.
But gerally dont like to overclock as well as AMD cards.
the AMD R9 280 competes with the Nvidea GTX 760
The AMD card is $219, vs the Nvidia card at $263
Both drivers offer an app to optimize games, and stream support.

Direct X and Mantle.

Direct X 11 is the current method of processing graphics software wise, both cards use it.

mantle is an open source API that at this time, on AMD cards support [on the R9 series and up.]
Mantle tends to get better frames, but nothing to write home about on high end systems. But they make a LARGE difference on lower end systems.
My suggestion? Both companies are good. But get your money's worth via deals at the time.

Power Supply.

Power supply is where your system gets it juice from. Straight forward, Aim for a power supply with an 80PLUS bronze rating minimum. Not for any save the planet mother gaia crap, but because generally the rating generally is accompanied with better components in the power supply. and better power bill savings vs non rated ones. as for what you need? Look at the TDP of your GPU and your CPU, add that up, add another 100watts, and if you do any overclocking, add yet another 100 watts. and you shouldn't be short on power. Brands I favor, Corsair, Cooler master, EVGA

Case fans.

Case fans are pretty much personal preference. but its good to have them. you have two types, static pressure and air flow. and some hybrids.
Sp fans are for things like radiators, and pumping air to paintain a certain pressure, Airflow just gets air moving in , wafted in and about.
this is determined by the fan blade design, i use CM jetflo 120mm fans that can work as both AF and SP fans.

Optical drives, media reader.

Get yourself a BluRay drive for your PC. they can be had for 40 bucks on amazon, and you can use any CD rom, DVD blu ray format out there and burn music or movies, or install software, play music. etc.
for BluRay players, you either need to buy a licensed program since Bluray is copyright protected, or use VLC player's offering that can play blurays.

Watercooling, Vs AirCooling,

This applies mostly to Overclockers,
You have Closed, as in bolt on water loops sold by Corsair, Coolermaster and a few other companies that have Radiator and a brass block and simply bolts on, plugs into one of the motherboards fan sockets for power or two, and plug and play really.

Custom loops are the same idea, except you cut the tubes, install them and tighten them to the block and the radiator, and install a pump to move the liquids, you pick a liquid, either formula or distilled water[to not be electrically conductive].

Aircooled are simply LARGE aluminum fins with a fan moving air to them,

Air cooling is most cost effective, but for higher temps i suggest water cooling.
Personally recommend the Corsair H100i.

Bolt on and forget.

For forget thermal paste on contact with the processor.

Mechanical Keyboards.

Short and Skinny, Your current keyboard is most likely a rubber dome over a PCB board,
you push on the button and the rubber dome pushes contact with teh PCB.

Mechanical keyboards, its a literal mechanical switch that goes straight down with a spring for feed back.
Mechanical keyboards last longer, feel better and generally have less stress on your fingers long term. And have higher response times than rubber domes.
Blues make a clicky sound when you depress them, browns work the same but dont make the clicky, but still have the tactic tile bump the blues have.
Red's are linear with no clock, and no bump. just a switch  that goes straight down.

They are made my CHERRY company in Germany, and are sold with various companies keyboards. All other non CHERRY MX keys are made in china.

check back later guys!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you have a GTX 260 hanging on your wall?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do you have a GTX 260 hanging on your wall?
View Quote

not my image.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool. I've been wanting to build my own. I don't do any gaming. Just want speed and storage.

This will probably be way more than I need. I would like to do some flight simulation though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Well put, building is definitely the best way to go. Now lets see some pics/specs!

My rig

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread is relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I finished my first build about 2 years ago. Haven't opened it up since. One of the case fans is making noise and being obnoxious. I'm gonna open it up and clean it to hopefully fix the noise. I shudder to think what it's gonna look like in there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
For that Diablo 3 case - I had to search out the build log for it, not sure how I missed it. Turns out I missed the release of the case as well, pretty cool that it's offered with 90 degree mobo tray.

Look forward to the full write up. I enjoy being into computers and trying to help people, but I'm not the best with descriptive writing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green case and it is awesome.  I picked up the panel without fan holes and some extra screens for the top and front fan slots.  It has a lot of options to route and hide cables inside.  I highly recommend it for both form and function.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
meh i really should upgrade my gfx card as my pig of a gtx480 sure loves power. but it dose everything i need and plays every game well.

heres my pc and its been the same for the last 2 years untouched so its kinda dusty.

old pic
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#12]
" />
" />

i5 4790k, cooler master evo 212 (now in a push pull config)
club 3d r9 280x
MSi z97 gaming 5
NZXT h440 case
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]
IN, I need to upgrade my system soon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
And ditto...mine's from 2008

Salvageable: Corsair TX750 (still running 12.04v on the +12v), Noctua NH-U12F cooler (need to request a bracket for an 1150), TJ09 case, and harddrives.

Leaves me looking for a MB, ram, gpu, processor.

Good times ahead

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#15]
lol no, I don't wanna post my spec's its several years out of date.

seems like guns and reloading have eaten up my computer monies.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#16]
tag
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh so tagged. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Can you just use any old case/power supply?  Like from an older desktop PC?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I probably should too....but I keep seeing guns I want instead and the computer upgrade fund gets raided.

I own Far Cry 4, but can't play it.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

depends on the case having the same screw holes for the motherboard, and if the power supply has enough juice to move your PC, and if it has the correct connections needed for newer hardware.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Mini-ITX is the way to go these days.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

depends, large cards wont fit in alot of them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Nah, full ATX. Why limit yourself?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

depends on the case having the same screw holes for the motherboard, and if the power supply has enough juice to move your PC, and if it has the correct connections needed for newer hardware.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most older PC cases won't fit newer graphics cards, and older power supplies will also probably lack the PCI-E power connectors for said cards.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#25]
My last 2 builds have been mid-towers. I have built 3 so far over the years and love the process of picking and matching parts. My builds have lasted 5-6 years on average. I generally use components in the median between mid and high performance and don't slack on the ram or the power supply.

My next build will incorporate SSDs, but I have a while to do that as I just built my last on in October 2013.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#26]
updated.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank you for taking the time to make this thread.

My computer is a 7 or 8 year old laptop. Games on that are measured in "seconds per frame."
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice! Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#29]
If you are looking for a place to start Tom's Hardware does a quarterly build of three levels of PC.  Typically they have some good insight where to trade performance for dollars.  In my experience you will spend A LOT of money chasing a few percentage points of performance.  

http://www.tomshardware.com/
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#30]
This is relevant to my interests.

My laptop is 7 years old and was a gift to me in December of 2008 after getting discharged to the reserves.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Tag

My current system is:

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Processor
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard
ASUS R9-290x Graphics card
Corsair Carbide 400R case
Corsair HX 750W Power supply
Corsair H-100i closed loop water cooler with upgraded Noctua Fans
Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
G-Skill Sniper RAM, 4x4GB, 16GB total
Seagate 1TB Hard Drive
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of choices these days that will fit fullsize cards and water cooling loops.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, full ATX. Why limit yourself?  

SLI is pretty much the only limitation.

For a budget gaming build, a video card is all you need to plug-in to any slots.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Tagged, learn me some stuff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Osteoporosis
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Osteoporosis
View Quote

lol que
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Great write up OP!

I have to chime in and say that depending on what you want to do, some graphics cards work better than others.

I know a couple flight sim guys who only go with AMD cards as there are supposed to be really good custom drivers for their flight sims.

I play FPS games and nVidia usually has the upper hand there. The nVidia newest gfx card enabled AA works well in games that support it, saving framerates, and their awesome DSR feature allows you to downscale a much higher resolution and display it on whatever your native resolution is.

What that means is your games look sharper and more awesomer.

So far, the only game I have that supports this is Far Cry 4, but...if I had an AMD card, that wouldn't be an option.

I like nVidia cards is what I'm saying
Speed
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Great write up OP!

I have to chime in and say that depending on what you want to do, some graphics cards work better than others.
I know a couple flight sim guys who only go with AMD cards as there are supposed to be really good custom drivers for their flight sims.

I play FPS games and nVidia usually has the upper hand there. The nVidia newest gfx card enabled AA works well in games that support it, saving framerates, and their awesome DSR feature allows you to downscale a much higher resolution and display it on whatever your native resolution is.

So far, the only game I have that supports this is Far Cry 4, but...if I had an AMD card, that wouldn't be an option.

Speed
View Quote

I can down, and upscale with an AMD card. that's not just an Nvidea thing.

Nvidea has Gsync, but AMD has freesync, and you dont need display port for it.

More people have used AMD cards for mining, because of custom drivers[ also see linux] than Nvidia.

AMD cards support open sourced software, where Nvidia does not.

*sitting with a Nvid GTX 970, and an AMD R9 280 at his desk*
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I can down, and upscale with an AMD card.
More people have used AMD cards for mining, because of custom drivers[ also see linux] than Nvidia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great write up OP!

Speed

I can down, and upscale with an AMD card.

Sorry, I apologize.

Looks like AMD does have a simpler version now, with more support coming soon:
December 8, 2014

• Virtual Super Resolution. This feature is AMD's answer to Dynamic Super Resolution,
    which Nvidia introduced with the GeForce GTX 970 and 980 earlier this
    fall. Like DSR, VSR renders games above the display's native resolution
    and then downscales them to fit. The effect is something akin to
    full-scene antialiasing, and at least in the case of DSR, it can pay real dividends in terms of image quality. The downside is, obviously, a high performance cost.

VSR currently works only on Radeon R9 285 and R9 290 series graphics
    cards, and it supports the modes outlined in the matrix below. The
    feature can be enabled by ticking a checkbox in the Catalyst Control
    Center (under the My Digital Flat Panels section). Users can then select
    higher resolutions via in-game menus. Unlike with DSR, there's no way
    to dictate which scaling modes are exposed to games, and there's no
    slider to change the smoothness of the downscaling filter.

AMD is cooking up a "phase 2" driver that will add VSR capabilities
    (with 4K downscaling) to additional cards, including everything from the
    Radeon R7 260 up. That driver is expected in the January-February time
    frame.

ETA: looking at that AMD chart, it's kinda weak...they don't even support 4K downscaling yet

NVIDIA FTMFW!!!!!

Speed

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

lol que
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Osteoporosis

lol que

DYAC.

Thanks for posting this guide. I've been in the console master race for 5 years now, and haven't built a PC in 7 years. Nice to get up to speed on the basics again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
console master race .
View Quote

Weird.  I know all of those words, but they're completely nonsensical written in that order.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Weird.  I know all of those words, but they're completely nonsensical written in that order.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
console master race .

I've upgraded once in 5 years to keep playing the latest and greatest at the resolution my "monitor" supports, for the same cost as a top of the line video card...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I've upgraded once in 5 years to keep playing the latest and greatest at the resolution my "monitor" supports, for the same cost as a top of the line video card...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
console master race .

Ah, so you meant "cheap and lazy master race".

Got it.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Ladies. Play nice. Or ill call the trannies in here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Got it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

console master race .

Got it.

Especially since the latest gtx 960 is equal to 2 xbox 1s as far as graphics power...for $200.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Especially since the latest gtx 960 is equal to 2 xbox 1s as far as graphics power...for $200.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
console master race .

Got it.

So that $200 graphics card is functional all by itself?  </derail>
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#46]
On the reals, though,  I play cs:go pretty casually on my mid 2011 iMac with a 2.4 ghz i5.  How important is my mouse and keyboard hardware at that level?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
On the reals, though,  I play cs:go pretty casually on my mid 2011 iMac with a 2.4 ghz i5.  How important is my mouse and keyboard hardware at that level?
View Quote

Filthy casual.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#48]
This
Is
A Tag!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I have an ancient Radeon x1900 in my crap desktop.  What's a really really cheap graphics card to "upgrade" to?  I'll only be using this computer for another 2-3 months for casual gaming.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have an ancient Radeon x1900 in my crap desktop.  What's a really really cheap graphics card to "upgrade" to?  I'll only be using this computer for another 2-3 months for casual gaming.
View Quote

you buying another PC in 3 months?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top