Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm just here to see who is deluded enough to defend that video as an effective means of promoting the Second Amendment.  Because, being the never-give-up optimist that I am, I am thinking that even some of their defenders here have to see that they aren't doing anyone any favors after that video.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reminder that people in Texas can't open carry handguns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY SHIT! WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS!!!

Texans, I strongly encourage you to set up a meeting with the board members of VCDL. They can help you set up a system that works. This current crop of dumbass idiots who want to threaten and argue with politicians is incredibly dumb and short sighted. Thats one congressman who will NEVER vote for anything pro-gun now.

See here? Normal people who politely talk with their elected officials.

http://www.vcdl.org/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/DSC_0026.jpg

Stupid OCT douchebags.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/9422/pols_feature25.jpg

Do you see the difference?

Those of you who are not OCT douchebags need to find a way to rein them in. They are destroying your cause and hurting ALL law abiding gun owners.

http://images.dailykos.com/images/90323/large/How_to_open_carry_1_.jpg?1403304890

http://i1.wp.com/gunmartblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Open-Carry-Activists.png

But they can open carry a empty holster as a sign of protest.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texans, I strongly encourage you to set up a meeting with the board members of VCDL. They can help you set up a system that works. This current crop of dumbass idiots who want to threaten and argue with politicians is incredibly dumb and short sighted. Thats one congressman who will NEVER vote for anything pro-gun now.

Stupid OCT douchebags.

Those of you who are not OCT douchebags need to find a way to rein them in. They are destroying your cause and hurting ALL law abiding gun owners.

http://images.dailykos.com/images/90323/large/How_to_open_carry_1_.jpg?1403304890
http://i1.wp.com/gunmartblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Open-Carry-Activists.png

http://www.dispatch.com/content/graphics/2012/04/05/empty-holster-protest-art-g93gnsi8-1empty-holster-protest-jq-2-jpg.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2012/09/27/student-4_3.jpg

Thats a start, now if they can bathe, groom themselves, and wear decent clothes then the politicians might start listening to them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Normal fucking hard working people that donate to political organizations. You know, groups like the NRA, SAF, JPFO, Pink Pistols, etc...  

There are organizations like that in the gay community fighting for marriage rights, benefit rights, spousal rights, etc... one of them even cross lobbys.

Pink Pistols is a gay gun rights organization.

The majority of the gay community are normal folks that work hard, try to live honest lives, and not be bothered or bother others. Only difference is they like the same sex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sometimes I think about the OC D-bags and am reminded of the flamboyant gays from not so long ago. They took a lot of abuse. People thought they were abnormalities that did not represent the views of the community. Many in the community wanted them to go away and stop bringing unwanted attention.
Look where we are now.

The flamers didn't and haven't helped the Gay Community. The gay community has been making gains due to folks in three piece suits lobbying the shit oit of elected officials.  

They look at the flamers the same way we look at the OC Tards.

Who do you think hired the "Suits"?

Expensive suits aren't free...

But freedom should be.

Just sayin.
Normal fucking hard working people that donate to political organizations. You know, groups like the NRA, SAF, JPFO, Pink Pistols, etc...  

There are organizations like that in the gay community fighting for marriage rights, benefit rights, spousal rights, etc... one of them even cross lobbys.

The majority of the gay community are normal folks that work hard, try to live honest lives, and not be bothered or bother others. Only difference is they like the same sex.

You & the other individual have missed my point.

Has freedom not been laid out for everyone in this country? "... With Liberty & Justice for All."

I understand being in conflict with others countries or leaders that are opposed to our freedoms but that oppression should never be by our own system.

Gay rights is a catch phrase that emanates from a dereliction of duty. Why was it ever written that a same sex couple has any less rights than others?

Now, Define "Normal" as it applies to social stereotypes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The other thing is this one group of 10-15 (?) people (Open Carry Tarrant County) is responsible for damn near 90-95% of the negative publicity regarding open carry.   This is the same group from Chipotle.  It is the same group from Target.  It is the same group that keeps mixing it up with the city of Arlington.  It is the group that got hit by a car as well as the group whose member was arrested for the murder of her husband.

If they aren't a false flag group, they are doing a damn good job for free.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Has freedom not been laid out for everyone in this country? "... With Liberty & Justice for All."

I understand being in conflict with others countries or leaders that are opposed to our freedoms but that oppression should never be by our own system.

Gay rights is a catch phrase that emanates from a dereliction of duty. Why was it ever written that a same sex couple has any less rights than others?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes I think about the OC D-bags and am reminded of the flamboyant gays from not so long ago. They took a lot of abuse. People thought they were abnormalities that did not represent the views of the community. Many in the community wanted them to go away and stop bringing unwanted attention.

Look where we are now.

The flamers didn't and haven't helped the Gay Community. The gay community has been making gains due to folks in three piece suits lobbying the shit oit of elected officials.  

Who do you think hired the "Suits"?

Expensive suits aren't free...

But freedom should be.

Just sayin.

So a person can be locked out of benefits from their spouse because that person happens to be of the same sex?

Or how about when the Constitution was written it woukd have been illegal for me to marry my wife because of the color of her skin. Or how about the fact that our children would have been sold into slavery.

Don't throw this "Liberty and Justice For All" and "All Men Are Created Equal" crap when clearly in our national history; that hasn't been the case and it isn't even to this day.

The fact that a guy wants to marry another guy or a woman wants to marry another woman is against the majority of churches doesn't mean that they should be barred from the same financial and legal benefits marriage brings. They should haventhe right to a marriage license from their clerk of courts just as everyone else does. Because if they don't then lets just say Anglos and Blacks can't marry, blacks and hispanics can't marry, hispanics and jews can't marry, etc...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thats a start, now if they can bathe, groom themselves, and wear decent clothes then the politicians might start listening to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid OCT douchebags.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/graphics/2012/04/05/empty-holster-protest-art-g93gnsi8-1empty-holster-protest-jq-2-jpg.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2012/09/27/student-4_3.jpg

Yeah, because what we look like & wear has anything to do with rights...

Let's start there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Should be an automatic felony to use "bro" in a conversation.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Let's start there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's start there.

Public Image and Public Perception... I take it you have no understanding how that works.

When Alan Gura went to present cases like McDonald v Chicago and Heller v DC. They went dressed in professional attire and both plaintiffs were "PERFECT" case subjects. No troubled past, no political radicalism, no criminal records, nothing. They were clean as wind driven snow.

There is a reason for that. You figure it out.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Let's start there.
View Quote

Why would we start there?  Nobody is arguing that you have less rights because of what you look like and wear.  They are arguing that what you look like and wear makes a difference on whether you are an effective advocate for your cause - a point so universally true and well understood it forms a basic plank of the whole advertising industry.

Do you not understand that distinction?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Stupid OCT douchebags.

View Quote

I agree with everything here, but in tx OC'ing a rifle is legal. so unless you want them all to OC a pistol illegally, they're stuck with the rifle. they do need to sling that shit behind them, muzzle down, though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#12]
-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]
So a person can be locked out of benefits from their spouse because that person happens to be of the same sex?

Or how about when the Constitution was written it woukd have been illegal for me to marry my wife because of the color of her skin. Or how about the fact that our children would have been sold into slavery.

Don't throw this "Liberty and Justice For All" and "All Men Are Created Equal" crap when clearly in our national history; that hasn't been the case and it isn't even to this day.

The fact that a guy wants to marry another guy or a woman wants to marry another woman is against the majority of churches doesn't mean that they should be barred from the same financial and legal benefits marriage brings. They should haventhe right to a marriage license from their clerk of courts just as everyone else does. Because if they don't then lets just say Anglos and Blacks can't marry, blacks and hispanics can't marry, hispanics and jews can't marry, etc...
View All Quotes
-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]

You make my point, really.

I agree with all of it.

Do we stand on our pulpits & proclaim freedom when we know it isn't quite there? Do we allow this wool to be pulled over our eyes? Do we also stand and insult & ridicule those that are different from us in any conspicuous manner?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Public Image and Public Perception... I take it you have no understanding how that works.  

When Alan Gura went to present cases like McDonald v Chicago and Heller v DC. They went dressed in professional attire and both plaintiffs were "PERFECT" case subjects. No troubled past, no political radicalism, no criminal records, nothing. They were clean as wind driven snow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's start there.

So you agree with an elitist persona requirement before being taken seriously? Rights & opinions only matter when represented by a particular class?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Good Read.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So you agree with an elitist persona requirement before as an aid to being taken seriously? Rights & opinions only matter when represented by a particular class?

View Quote

Apparently this is difficult.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I agree with everything here, but in tx OC'ing a rifle is legal. so unless you want them all to OC a pistol illegally, they're stuck with the rifle. they do need to sling that shit behind them, muzzle down, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid OCT douchebags.

Yea I forgot that the great state of TX doesnt have the right to OC like we do in VA. Yes sling it on your back, not at low ready. Remember soccer moms think ARs and AKs are scary and we dont want to scare them. We want them to stay indifferent at worst.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why would we start there?  Nobody is arguing that you have less rights because of what you look like and wear.  They are arguing that what you look like and wear makes a difference on whether you are an effective advocate for your cause - a point so universally true and well understood it forms a basic plank of the whole advertising industry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's start there.

Same questions apply to your statement as well as the other posters.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you agree with an elitist persona requirement before as an aid to being taken seriously? Rights & opinions only matter when represented by a particular class?

It must be.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stupid OCT douchebags.

Empty Holster Protest

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid OCT douchebags.

Reminder that these OC guys are hurting that cause.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Let's start there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid OCT douchebags.

Let's start there.

How about we look at the real world and practical effects of them looking and acting like idiots?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#22]
This good thread reminds me how lucky I am to live in an OC state and thus spared the efforts of those OCT ijits.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It must be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It must be.

Not difficult at all.

By pointing it out as being subserviant to Liberty I obviously have understanding of it as it pertains to this system of things.

Should that Aid, in that manner of being, be required?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So you agree with an elitist persona requirement before being taken seriously? Rights & opinions only matter when represented by a particular class?
View Quote

Say you are showing up to a professional setting job interview. Are you going to Shave have nicely cut hair and dress nice or look like you just back from a 4 week Lynyrd Skynyrd tour?

hint. one of them will possibly get you the job the other will get you laughed out of the office. We aren't dealing with fellow gun owners here we are dealing with political suits and lawyers act and dress accordingly if you want to be taken serious . PERIOD if you can't comprehend that I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Not difficult at all.

By pointing it out as being subserviant to Liberty I obviously have understanding of it as it pertains to this system of things.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not difficult at all.

Do you typically only do the bare minimum required?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's start there.

Do I? Yes, along with the majority of Society in the United States of America.

I can tell that you aren't even going to admit that there are social rules for certain types of attire for certain activities.

My wife can wear a thong bikini at the beach but not for work as an accountant at a major CPA firm.

I can wear a cock sock with a gun bekt in my bedroom but not when I'm in roll call at my PD.

Have fun being an idiot.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not difficult at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not difficult at all.

NO it shouldn't but what it should or should not do has no bearing on how reality works. While your idea is how things SHOULD work it isn't how things ACTUALLY work.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not difficult at all.

No, not at all.

As an example I am giving it my all in trying to get a point across you guys summarily seem to be missing.

To thy self be true.

All men are created equal but people's perceptions, perceptions in their own minds, are in the minds eye. If your eye causes you to sin, cast it out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's start there.

I politely asked you a direct question, and your response is to direct me to "Same questions apply to your statement?"  

Your question as I understand it was:

Which is nothing more than a barely reworded statement of your original strawman argument.  Exactly how do you propose I respond to your question when it is merely a restatement of the same faulty logic I already pointed out?  Do you understand the distinction between the rights a person has and being an effective advocate for rights?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Not difficult at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It must be.

Not difficult at all.

I just discovered the problem with you....

Also I think you're a Zaminsky troll account.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

NO it shouldn't but what it should or should not do has no bearing on how reality works. While your idea is how things SHOULD work it isn't how things ACTUALLY work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not difficult at all.

Finally...

That is all.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

No, not at all.

As an example I am giving it my all in trying to get a point across you guys summarily seem to be missing.

To thy self be true.

All men are created equal but people's perceptions, perceptions in their own minds, are in the minds eye. If your eye causes you to sin, cast it out.

View Quote

If "thy self" happens to be a retard it may be best to leave movements attempting to advance your interests to those equipped to do so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/tk5WdK8.gif

View Quote

O believe me, that is the least of his problems if he thinks this is some grand winning strategy of debate.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It must be.

Not difficult at all.

Oh yes, the date I joined has everything to do with my comprehension or abilities. [rolf2]

& I don't know who this guy is you refer to.

I do know that often times anyone who try's to elevate the mindset status quo has a hard uphill battle.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not just that-  we also started seeing gays in sitcoms that SHOWED us that they weren't all flamers.  Will and Grace is the primetime example- sure one of them was a goofy little flamer, but the other one was just a normal guy who likes dudes.  

The media will not be doing the Second Amendment that same favor anytime soon.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look where we are now.

Not just that-  we also started seeing gays in sitcoms that SHOWED us that they weren't all flamers.  Will and Grace is the primetime example- sure one of them was a goofy little flamer, but the other one was just a normal guy who likes dudes.  

The media will not be doing the Second Amendment that same favor anytime soon.  

The best part about that show was that the complete flamer, Jack, is not gay.  That show was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How about we look at the real world and practical effects of them looking and acting like idiots?
View Quote

The fact that people here can't tell the difference between the two movements and their tactics is mind blowing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.rtba.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Chipotle-Gun-Ban-open-carry.jpg?baf4c0

The fact that people here can't tell the difference between the two movements and their tactics is mind blowing.

Common sense is an uncommon virtue with some, dude.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

O believe me, that is the least of his problems if he thinks this is some grand winning strategy of debate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was a debate?

What are we debating again?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oh yes, the date I joined has everything to do with my comprehension or abilities. [rolf2]

I do know that often times anyone who try's to elevate the mindset status quo has a hard uphill battle.

View Quote

Is that battle more difficult or less difficult than getting you to answer a relatively simple  yes/no question regarding the logical errors in your strawman argument?  Do you even see a distinction between the rights an individual has and being an effective advocate for those rights or do you have some kind of rare, special autism where you are unable to distinguish between those two things?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Finally...

That is all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally...

That is all.

Well thank God for that.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If "thy self" happens to be a retard it may be best to leave movements attempting to advance your interests to those equipped to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not at all.

To thy self be true.

This may very well be true.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that battle more difficult or less difficult than getting you to answer a relatively simple  yes/no question regarding the logical errors in your strawman argument?  Do you even see a distinction between the rights an individual has and being an effective advocate for those rights or do you have some kind of rare, special autism where you are unable to distinguish between those two things?

I never once said I agreed with OCTC or their tactics.

What I am trying to get people to realize is that dog piling on these types of antics helps no-one except the dog-pilers.

But carry on.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What I am trying to get people to realize is that dog piling on these types of antics helps no-one except the dog-pilers.

But carry on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not at all.

To thy self be true.

But carry on.

So you'd never attempt to correct someone who is hurting a cause of yours?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

But carry on.

View Quote

Should moderate Muslims disavow acts of terror perpetrated by Islamic groups?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not at all.

To thy self be true.

But carry on.

Notice I was in the middle of editing my response to include another comment... Sry.

I am not saying that at all.

What I take a particular issue with is the manner in which that corrective action occurs.

Does name calling & unconstructive ridicule serve any other purpose than to cause division & strife?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It must be.

Not difficult at all.

You OC Idiots fucking killed the OC bill in Florida a couple of years back.

Florida had and still has a GOP Supermajority. We had a bill that was fast tracked for the Governor's desk. Then you OC idiots started doing stupid shit... what happened?

If Florida, you can legally OC is hunting, fishing, or camping. So a bunch of numb nuts started to go to every major city in Florida and start fishing while OCing. Places like Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, Melbourne, etc... places where a lot of scared Susie Homemakers live. They all started gettjng scared because OC Idiots yelled and screamed stupid shit while strapping the biggest fucking hog leg they could find.

All the hard work, effort, and money that was spent in lobbying, campaigning, and promoting went down the drain. The NRA, United Sportsmen of Florida, and SAF lost all that hard work because asshats... like you... couldn't keep their proverbial dicks in their pants.

And just to give you a heads up.... I was one of the many people spending my hard earned money and time in meeting with elected officials in trying to get OC to Florida.

But thanks... your kind fucking deserves to be throat punched and left to die in the desert for all the fuck ups they cause.

Right now we have a Campus Carry bill that just made it out of committee and is scheduled for a floor vote. Guess what... I've been working on that too as had many others. We haven't been doing it dressed like asshats and scaring the fuck out of folks. It's been through stroking the egos of elected officials and getting them to play nice.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But carry on.

Good point.

Do you allow your perceptions of Muslims be altered by the actions of radicals?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone ever looked into any of these OC people? Just thinking maybe its actually anti-gun people disguising themselves as second amendment supporters and using OC to scare people and get guns banned.

That or theyre all just a bunch of f**king inbred neck beards who should be beat to death.

Quoted:
The other thing is this one group of 10-15 (?) people (Open Carry Tarrant County) is responsible for damn near 90-95% of the negative publicity regarding open carry.   This is the same group from Chipotle.  It is the same group from Target.  It is the same group that keeps mixing it up with the city of Arlington.  It is the group that got hit by a car as well as the group whose member was arrested for the murder of her husband.

If they aren't a false flag group, they are doing a damn good job for free.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you implied that an earlier poster was arguing that people who do not dress or behave in a certain manner do not have the same inherent individual rights as the rest of us; but that wasn't what the poster was arguing - they were arguing that OCTC were harmful to the Second Amendment and not effective advocates for their cause.  So did you not understand the post you responded to?  Did you not understand it even after I pointed out the discontinuity in your response - TWICE?  What is it about that question that so bothers you that even now, you don't want to give a simple "yes or no" answer to whether you understand the distinction I was describing but instead are trying to shift the topic to whether you agreed with OCTC tactics?

But carry on.

So, say your house is on fire - and your neighbor runs out to help because he doesn't want his house to burn down.  But instead of helping, he is actually throwing gasoline on the flames.  How does pointing out that this is increasing the fire cause a problem?  Please walk me through the mental process you used to arrive at the conclusion that pointing out obvious flaws in effective advocacy somehow harms us; because clearly I do not grasp how your thought process works.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Good point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But carry on.

Good point.

Answer the question.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Notice I was in the middle of editing my response to include another comment... Sry.

What I take a particular issue with is the manner in which that corrective action occurs.

Does name calling & unconstructive ridicule serve any other purpose than to cause division & strife?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm the first to say that being an asshole doesn't persuade anyone, hence my interest in this topic.  These guys have been repeatedly approached by the people who are getting things done for gun rights, who know what works and what doesn't work.  They have all been rejected, some of them multiple times.  Pretty much the only thing left is to make enough noise that anyone who goes looking for information on open carriers behaving badly finds a bunch of gun rights advocates criticizing the behavior.  This at least shows that we're not all retards, and that advancement of gun rights won't lead to Mad Max style anarchy.

Sorry to say it's come to that, but it has.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top