BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're know you're from KS when your house moves but your 12 cars don't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck.  If this passes we'll give you 6 months of no "Kansas trailer trash" jokes.

You already don't give KS trailer trash jokes.

You act like KS is KY, TN, or MS.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand its cool, on the other hand every swingin dick gang banger is going to be walking around with his gat and that kinda scares me a little.
View Quote
Because California is a beacon of good advice for any other free state. Keep your ideas in your little box, see how far they propel peoples god given rights.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck.  If this passes we'll give you 6 months of no "Kansas trailer trash" jokes.

Sorry.  I blame the girl I dated from Gove county.  Batshit crazy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Wow, I didnt realize VT already allowed this. That is interesting. Well then, hell yes go Kansas.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:15:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand its cool, on the other hand every swingin dick gang banger is going to be walking around with his gat and that kinda scares me a little.
View Quote

This guy gets it!  Blood flows red in Arkansas streets, won't you do something?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is only one or two counties in the state that could be even considered to have gang areas, and those guys DGAF anyways. Look at the attempted robbery of a KC area gun store, in a good suburb of town no less.

Living on the KS/MO state line with one of those counties I'm not too concerned about it. If I lived in KS still, I'd keep my permit up to date just for traveling out of state, but I do like the idea of not needing one while at home.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The two problems I see in getting this passed

1. News and anti-gunners claiming how dangerous this will be (see a few posts above)

2. The loss of income from fees. Kansas has budget problems and the bloodsuckers may not want to lose the income.

You just have to take one look at Vermont and see what a bloodbath that place is with no license carry.  
View Quote

Oh the horror of Vermont, oh the horror.

I honestly see #2 being more of an obstacle than anti-gunners.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What's the likelihood of this passing? I approve regardless
View Quote

I say it is very likely that it passes.  Both houses and the Governor are pro gun!

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not to derail my own thread, but I don't get something.  Every time I meet somebody from outside the state, they always have this tale of dating some bat shit crazy chick from KS?

WTF is going on?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Good. NFA shall issue and less than 10 years since the GOP snuffed Sebelious shall issue carry veto. The way libertarians carry on like democraps wouldn't be surprising they want Sebelious and Goznell instead.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I like.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Guess what. They wont be criminals till they *use* the gun now, thanks to this law.Even if nknow beyond a shadow of a doubt someone is up to no good, theres not shit that can be done.

If you think the risk of getting caught with an illegal pistols hasnt stopped someone from carrying, you need to come down from your gated communities and spend some time in the hood. No petty criminal wants to get busted with a gun in his waistband. Now? Its not illegal, so why not carry a gun?

Remember, whats good for the goose is good for the gander. That corner filled with homies? Now its a corner filled with homies who can legally carry guns .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom is scary.    It is not like the criminals carry without a permit now anyways.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom is scary.    It is not like the criminals carry without a permit now anyways.

Guess what. They wont be criminals till they *use* the gun now, thanks to this law.Even if nknow beyond a shadow of a doubt someone is up to no good, theres not shit that can be done.

If you think the risk of getting caught with an illegal pistols hasnt stopped someone from carrying, you need to come down from your gated communities and spend some time in the hood. No petty criminal wants to get busted with a gun in his waistband. Now? Its not illegal, so why not carry a gun?

Remember, whats good for the goose is good for the gander. That corner filled with homies? Now its a corner filled with homies who can legally carry guns .

This is a bill pertaining to CARRYING a gun, not legally buying one.

felon in possession = jail
Stolen gun = jail
straw purchase = jail x2
using a gun while committing a crime = jackpot

See a pattern yet? I'm sure 87% of people here "look like they are up to something" but until the actually do something illegal, then they should not be considered a criminal because of the cargo pants they wear. Ask some LE about gang bangers & guns. They will tell you the same thing. If the thug wants a gun he will have one. Period. They will try to ditch it before contact with LE.

This bill changes nothing about legally buying a firearm, nor does it change any laws about whom can legally have one. If you want to sooth your feels, check the states sentencing for convicted criminals with guns. Just to save time, Here ya go!!.

To put it in perspective..
Thug gets popped for dope with a gun. He will get charged for drugs and possibly intent to sell. Oh look, he's now a felon in possession of a gun..bang. He eats that charge as well. What? you say that the gun was stolen too? Of course he resisted arrest and will get hit with that plus the assault on the officer charge.

Thugs are not afraid of breaking the law to carry. They are afraid of getting caught with a (stolen) gun while committing a crime.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is a bill pertaining to CARRYING a gun, not legally buying one.

felon in possession = jail
Stolen gun = jail
straw purchase = jail x2
using a gun while committing a crime = jackpot

See a pattern yet? I'm sure 87% of people here "look like they are up to something" but until the actually do something illegal, then they should not be considered a criminal because of the cargo pants they wear. Ask some LE about gang bangers & guns. They will tell you the same thing. If the thug wants a gun he will have one. Period. They will try to ditch it before contact with LE.

This bill changes nothing about legally buying a firearm, nor does it change any laws about whom can legally have one. If you want to sooth your feels, check the states sentencing for convicted criminals with guns. Just to save time, Here ya go!!.

To put it in perspective..
Thug gets popped for dope with a gun. He will get charged for drugs and possibly intent to sell. Oh look, he's now a felon in possession of a gun..bang. He eats that charge as well. What? you say that the gun was stolen too? Of course he resisted arrest and will get hit with that plus the assault on the officer charge.

Thugs are not afraid of breaking the law to carry. They are afraid of getting caught with a (stolen) gun while committing a crime.  

View Quote

Shhh....I want to see him stumble some more.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not to derail my own thread, but I don't get something.  Every time I meet somebody from outside the state, they always have this tale of dating some bat shit crazy chick from KS?

WTF is going on?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is going on?

I've spent a lot of time deer hunting in Kansas and I've never dated a batshit crazy chick from there. My buddy has married and divorced 4 of them though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Our RINO governor would never go along with that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

WTF is going on?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is going on?

You live there. You tell me what the hell is wrong with them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, in Kansas the house costs $25k and there is $200k worth of farm equipment parked behind it.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Awesome!

How will this national carry permit that everybody wants going to affect Kansas?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Congrats Kansas and Good luck!
There's a WVCDL/NRA backed bill being introduced in the WV legislature that will give us the same, hoping it passes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is going on?

Maybe we be smarter than we look.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

WTF is going on?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is going on?

Horse chicks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Horse chicks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is going on?

Horse chicks.

You know, come to think about it.  I think you are correct!

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice work, Kansas!

Now that Perry is out we have a chance, but there are still plenty of "Big Law" statists left in Austin that will fight this to the death. Kinda like many here.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since these people care about the law? I'm pretty sure "every swingin dick gang banger" is already carrying if they want to regardless of a permit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
And now they wont need to. I'm not saying I'm opposed to the law, I'm just keenly aware of unintended consequences. I hope it passes to be sure, we need that established somewhere to set precedence that it isnt the end of times to have unlicensed CCW. I'm just thinking about ALL possibilities rather than shoving my head in the sand and bleating out like a little sheep.

ETA:

OH! VT allows leagl owners to carry without a permit. I didnt realize that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, cause them darn criminal gang bangers all applied for and received their CCL.

/

And now they wont need to. I'm not saying I'm opposed to the law, I'm just keenly aware of unintended consequences. I hope it passes to be sure, we need that established somewhere to set precedence that it isnt the end of times to have unlicensed CCW. I'm just thinking about ALL possibilities rather than shoving my head in the sand and bleating out like a little sheep.

ETA:

OH! VT allows leagl owners to carry without a permit. I didnt realize that!

I stopped reading a the part in red.  Because anying after "I'm not opposesed, I'm just....." is nothing but a load of bullshit.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Good going neighbor to the West! I hope your freedom makes it way to MO too although we just got open carry for CCW holders.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is going on?

Horse chicks.

I am.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I am.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is going on?

Horse chicks.

I am.

She had a horse, her sister was a nurse and her mom was a teacher.  I should have seem in coming.

I do have some pretty good memories of going through Phillipsburg during the day and driving through an ice storm on I80.  That girl knew how to make time go by faster.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Good going neighbor to the West! I hope your freedom makes it way to MO too although we just got open carry for CCW holders.
View Quote

Uh what?
We have had open carry. It wAsnt just legalized for ccw permit holders.
No permit required in Mo. To open carry.
Our new RKBA amendment that passed last year actually took out language pertaining to concealed carry being banned.
We should by all intents and purposes have constitutional carry now according to our new RKBA amendment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got this e-mail from NRA-ILA.

Yesterday, Senate Bill 45 passed in the Kansas Senate by a 31 to 7 vote.
This permitless carry legislation will now be transmitted to the Kansas
House of Representatives where it will be assigned to committee.

Authored by Senate Majority Leader
Terry Bruce (R-34), SB 45 recognizes Kansans’ freedom to legally carry a
concealed firearm without the burdensome requirement of acquiring a
Kansas concealed carry handgun license (CCHL).  SB 45 is a necessary
update to concealed carry in Kansas, allowing law-abiding gun owners the
ability to better protect themselves and their loved ones.  In Kansas,
it is already legal to carry a firearm openly, as long as the individual
is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.  However, under
current law, if a firearm becomes covered by a coat or if a woman
prefers to carry a firearm for self-protection in her purse, he or she
would need to possess a CCHL.

This legislation gives Kansans the
freedom to choose the best method of carrying for them, based on their
attire, gender and/or physical attributes.   However, this legislation
would also keep in place the current permitting system so that people
who obtain a permit could still enjoy the reciprocity agreements that
Kansas has with other states.  

Please thank those state Senators who voted in support of this important Right to Carry reform and begin contacting your state Representative, encouraging him or her to vote for SB 45 when it comes before them.

Your NRA-ILA will keep you updated as this bill is assigned to a House committee.

View Quote

One down, One to go.  Then signed.

Boom!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Hell yes! Congrats Kansas!

WV's constitutional carry bill passed the Senate today also. 32-2.

On to the House.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Boom!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yesterday, Senate Bill 45 passed in the Kansas Senate by a 31 to 7 vote.  This permitless carry legislation will now be transmitted to the Kansas House of Representatives where it will be assigned to committee.

Authored by Senate Majority Leader Terry Bruce (R-34), SB 45 recognizes Kansans’ freedom to legally carry a concealed firearm without the burdensome requirement of acquiring a Kansas concealed carry handgun license (CCHL).  SB 45 is a necessary update to concealed carry in Kansas, allowing law-abiding gun owners the ability to better protect themselves and their loved ones.  In Kansas, it is already legal to carry a firearm openly, as long as the individual is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.  However, under current law, if a firearm becomes covered by a coat or if a woman prefers to carry a firearm for self-protection in her purse, he or she would need to possess a CCHL.

This legislation gives Kansans the freedom to choose the best method of carrying for them, based on their attire, gender and/or physical attributes.   However, this legislation would also keep in place the current permitting system so that people who obtain a permit could still enjoy the reciprocity agreements that Kansas has with other states.  

Please thank those state Senators who voted in support of this important Right to Carry reform and begin contacting your state Representative, encouraging him or her to vote for SB 45 when it comes before them.

Your NRA-ILA will keep you updated as this bill is assigned to a House committee.

Boom!

FUCK. YES!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone hear if the House is voting on the bill today?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
The latest note in the bill history is: Committee of the Whole - Be passed as amended

So far all I can find is supplemental notes that state it is not legal for anyone under 21.

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2015_16/measures/sb45/

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Cool.

I met the KSRA president at a gun show in KCK years ago.  If she's any indicator of the organization's character overall, I'm not all that surprised if KS will be getting constitutional carry.

Way to go KS.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Cool.

I met the KSRA president at a gun show in KCK years ago.  If she's any indicator of the organization's character overall, I'm not all that surprised if KS will be getting constitutional carry.

Way to go KS.
View Quote
If your talking about Patricia Stoneking, yep she's sharp and a pitbull when it comes to our rights.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The latest note in the bill history is: Committee of the Whole - Be passed as amended                                                                                                                                                                    

So far all I can find is supplemental notes that state it is not legal for anyone under 21.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder what those three amendments were that got shot down?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can click on the PDF to the right and read the summary notes.

I will save you the time though, it was attempted democrat fuckery.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw them.

I loled at their failure.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like it will need one last stop for approval from the senate.

http://johncelock.com/kansas-constitutional-carry-2

While the bill has previously passed the state Senate, amendments from
the House Federal and State Affairs Committee will require the bill to
return to the Senate for final approval before it can head to Gov. Sam
Brownback (R).

The article has a better description of the attempted fuckery I referenced earlier.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Excellent.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Looks like it will need one last stop for approval from the senate.

http://johncelock.com/kansas-constitutional-carry-2

While the bill has previously passed the state Senate, amendments from the House Federal and State Affairs Committee will require the bill to return to the Senate for final approval before it can head to Gov. Sam Brownback (R).

The article has a better description of the attempted fuckery I referenced earlier.  
View Quote

The Dem minority leader is beating the old 'it's for the children' drum.

Fuck you, Louis!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#45]
As a life long Kansas resident, I would like to state, for the record, that:

Kansas sucks. It is to hot in the summer, and way to cold in the winter. The wind is always blowing and if it isn't a severe storm then it is a drought. The land is completely flat and there are only two trees in the entire state. It smells of buffalo shit, and it is so bad here it makes Alabama look like paradise. So any liberals thinking of escaping from their liberal state and moving here, don't do it, this place is worse than Hell. Avoid moving here at all costs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Kansas sucks. It is to hot in the summer, and way to cold in the winter. The wind is always blowing and if it isn't a severe storm then it is a drought. The land is completely flat and there are only two trees in the entire state. It smells of buffalo shit, and it is so bad here it makes Alabama look like paradise. So any liberals thinking of escaping from their liberal state and moving here, don't do it, this place is worse than Hell. Avoid moving here at all costs.
View Quote
Dude you forgot about the tornadoes, tornadoes everywhere.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Our Constitutional carry bill got vetoed.

We're counting on you now Kansas.

I've said it many times, every state that gets const. carry makes it easier for the next.

Go Kansas!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. MO does have hills, but you don't want to mess with the ticks, skeeters, and chiggers!

Excited to read when KS CC is on the books.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We also encourage big corporations to dump toxic waste in our streams. ANd we actively hunt and eat endangered species.

Kansas sucks, stay away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We also encourage big corporations to dump toxic waste in our streams. ANd we actively hunt and eat endangered species.

Kansas sucks, stay away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kansas sucks, stay away.

And this

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top