BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh the irony of this...

You like to discredit the reports of the likes of Chris Mortenson but yet you post these rumors?!?!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting rumors going around:

1. The ref in charge of "ball inspection" was on the field/sidelines area when the alleged inspection was taking place, and...
2. Kensil, the ex-Jets now NFL VP of Operations was on the Colts sideline during the game "fucking around with the balls" - whatever THAT means.

No verification... Just rumors.

This whole thing smells like week old fish.

Oh the irony of this...

You like to discredit the reports of the likes of Chris Mortenson but yet you post these rumors?!?!

All of it is stupid. All the leaks and stuff.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
By the way, those banking on a smoking gun as the only evidence that will implicate the Pats think again...A low threshold of evidence will decide the outcome.

Per a league source, the “preponderance of the evidence” standard applies in cases involving allegations of conduct that undermines the integrity of the game.  That comes from the league policy manual given to every team.

It’s the standard that applies in civil litigation, a “more-likely-than-not” assessment of the proof that equates to, essentially, a 51-49 test far less stringent than proof beyond a reasonable doubt, which applies in criminal cases.

View Quote
link

That jets guy now working for the NFL is gonna nail you guys ahaha.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

By the way, those banking on a smoking gun as the only evidence that will implicate the Pats think again...A low threshold of evidence will decide the outcome.

link

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Per a league source, the "preponderance of the evidence” standard applies in cases involving allegations of conduct that undermines the integrity of the game.  That comes from the league policy manual given to every team.

It’s the standard that applies in civil litigation, a "more-likely-than-not” assessment of the proof that equates to, essentially, a 51-49 test far less stringent than proof beyond a reasonable doubt, which applies in criminal cases.

link

Are you admitting that the "jets guy now working for the NFL" is out to get the Patriots?

Or simply that because of his position and the "league policy manual" that he doesn't have to prove guilt.

This is a huge side show designed to build revenue for the owners and the league.  Nothing more, nothing less.

My bet: Post SB the NFL cannot prove that the Patriots were responsible for low inflation on footballs at the AFC Champ game and Goodell provides Kraft an apology via press conference.  People still believe that the NFL/Patriots are in cahoots and it doesn't make a difference in the court of public opinion.  The Patriots caught a black eye with SpyGate and the haters will never let them live it down.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Is anypne here actually serious about all this arguing? Besides the math guy, im pretty sure everyone's just enjoying fucking around and "fighting" for their "side" with no real seriousness or care about it.

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is anypne here actually serious about all this arguing? Besides the math guy, im pretty sure everyone's just enjoying fucking around and "fighting" for their "side" with no real seriousness or care about it.

Am I wrong?
View Quote

I don't really care anymore.  I'm on the fence now on whether I believe Tom was behind it or not...

I just want it to be true now just to piss off some pats fans haha.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
can someone queue up the synchronized faked injuries by the Giants?  Everything the Giants have accomplished or should accomplish in the future is now irrelevant.

View Quote

Already did that a few pages ago. Of course, Giants fans who said the Patriots were dishonest about the balls shrugged off the fake injuries as if they never happened.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

link

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Per a league source, the “preponderance of the evidence” standard applies in cases involving allegations of conduct that undermines the integrity of the game.  That comes from the league policy manual given to every team.

It’s the standard that applies in civil litigation, a “more-likely-than-not” assessment of the proof that equates to, essentially, a 51-49 test far less stringent than proof beyond a reasonable doubt, which applies in criminal cases.

link

Depends on how much Goodell likes his job.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Am I wrong?
View Quote

I'm just here to remind the Pats fans about 2007 and 2011.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:50:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm just here so i don't get fined.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:51:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not going to reply over and over to people suggesting that the elements could have caused this.

There were 24 balls on that same chilly field. 11 of them, all on the Pats side were flaccid.

The Pats had the small balls here, no shrinkage on the Colts side.

it's a 1 + 1 = 2 kind of equation here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Greatest post Ive seen yet.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#13]
How will the Patriots cheat this Sunday?

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not going to reply over and over to people suggesting that the elements could have caused this.

There were 24 balls on that same chilly field. 11 of them, all on the Pats side were flaccid.

View Quote

To make that kind of aasertion, one has to deliberately ignore differences in ball perperation and initial set pressure.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Is it legal for a Patriot to bring scissors on the field and cut Richard Sherman's hair during a play?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#18]
So now, the latest conspiracy theory -at Yahoo! Sports - is that Belichick engineered Blount's departure from Pittsburgh, just so he could get him back after he cleared the waiver wire. Not sure how he engineered that last part, but he's a tricky sumbitch...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I wrong?

2007 was awesome. The tears of pats fans were delicious.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

To make that kind of aasertion, one has to deliberately ignore differences in ball perperation and initial set pressure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only if you assume they were different pressure to begin with... but until we know what ball-boy did with them in the bathroom I guess we should wonder.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You're not supposed to run with scissors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it legal for a Patriot to bring scissors on the field and cut Richard Sherman's hair during a play?

You're not supposed to run with scissors.

Good point..........I am sure the Patriots being the experts they are will find a way to do something underhanded.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Something both Pats and Hawks fans should agree on is Kraft does make good macaroni and cheese and both teams fans hope there is no deflation during the Katy Perry performance.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I don't pretend to understand sportsball stuff,

but I've been told because Hilary Clinton and Whitewater, therefore Bill Belichick and Benghazi Ballghazi ... or something like that.

Oh, and between 24.7 to 27.2 psia, air becomes magnetic - I sort of forgot about that part - and sticks to the color blue, thereby making the prolate spheroid even more prolate and virtually unfumbleable, and when you lose your magic blue magnetic powers Bill Belichick kicks you and your puppy to the curb - yes, he literally kicks your puppy.  I think that's probably what has most people upset.  Getting back to the narrow band magnetic properties (NBMP) of compressed air, this is one of the design considerations in submarine HVAC systems, and they try to avoid pressures like this to reduce the submarines magnetic signature - because communists and stuff.  The NBMP is also why Ingersoll-Rand and Dewalt compressors are painted beige and yellow.  Most off brand compressors, like Campbell Hausfeld, are painted blue, and they suck, and that's why they suck, and that's why it's so difficult to drain that last atm of pressure from those devices.

tl;dr:

Whitewater, Bill Belichick kicks puppies, and don't ever buy a blue air compressor

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will deflated footballs help a QB throw better or a receiver catch better? If no then there is no cheating going on.

ESPN's sports science report:

At the initial reported 2 PSI decrease, it would allow you to impact the surface of a football less than an additional 1mm.

It would decrease the weight of the ball by 1.5 grams which would actually slow the ball in mid air.

However the more recent "anonymous league source" said the PSI was only 1 pound low...

So now you are talking about a weight change of less than 1 gram, and allowing you to squeeze the ball a fraction of a fraction of a millimeter more. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Then why is there a scandal?

I don't pretend to understand sportsball stuff,

but I've been told because Hilary Clinton and Whitewater, therefore Bill Belichick and Benghazi Ballghazi ... or something like that.

Oh, and between 24.7 to 27.2 psia, air becomes magnetic - I sort of forgot about that part - and sticks to the color blue, thereby making the prolate spheroid even more prolate and virtually unfumbleable, and when you lose your magic blue magnetic powers Bill Belichick kicks you and your puppy to the curb - yes, he literally kicks your puppy.  I think that's probably what has most people upset.  Getting back to the narrow band magnetic properties (NBMP) of compressed air, this is one of the design considerations in submarine HVAC systems, and they try to avoid pressures like this to reduce the submarines magnetic signature - because communists and stuff.  The NBMP is also why Ingersoll-Rand and Dewalt compressors are painted beige and yellow.  Most off brand compressors, like Campbell Hausfeld, are painted blue, and they suck, and that's why they suck, and that's why it's so difficult to drain that last atm of pressure from those devices.

tl;dr:

Whitewater, Bill Belichick kicks puppies, and don't ever buy a blue air compressor

Quincy compressors are blue.  And they kick the ass of Ingersoll Rand.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
A couple pages back, I mentioned that I still needed to add internal psychrometrics, but didn't think it was that crucial because it may only exacerbate the pressure swings, if ever so slightly.
And why in blue fuck do they not have ball inflation issues with Women's Volleyball?

[enters the women's locker room] "Excuse me ma'am. I'm just here for the science." [get's beaten to a bruised pulp by Amazon women]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<stuff>

What about the humidity of air used to fill the balls?  If the dew point is greater in the locker room (showers?), then a significant mass fraction of the air being water could condense, resulting in greater pressure drop.  

A couple pages back, I mentioned that I still needed to add internal psychrometrics, but didn't think it was that crucial because it may only exacerbate the pressure swings, if ever so slightly.
And why in blue fuck do they not have ball inflation issues with Women's Volleyball?

[enters the women's locker room] "Excuse me ma'am. I'm just here for the science." [get's beaten to a bruised pulp by Amazon women]
I beg to differ.  From pictures of the compressor used, it appears to be oil less small unit, these have low efficiencies so humidity would not change since the air heats during the compression.  Pressure is also low in the ball so only temperature causes it to condense.  

Assume a dew point of 65 F in a locker room.  Now look at the difference in mass fraction at a dew point of say 35 F.  Sure, that is only 9000 ppm based on mass but plug that into ideal gas law computations.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I beg to differ.  From pictures of the compressor used, it appears to be oil less small unit, these have low efficiencies so humidity would not change since the air heats during the compression.  Pressure is also low in the ball so only temperature causes it to condense.    

Assume a dew point of 65 F in a locker room.  Now look at the difference in mass fraction at a dew point of say 35 F.  Sure, that is only 9000 ppm based on mass but plug that into ideal gas law computations.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<stuff>
What about the humidity of air used to fill the balls?  If the dew point is greater in the locker room (showers?), then a significant mass fraction of the air being water could condense, resulting in greater pressure drop.  

If I can get a better handle on the wet/dry elastic modulus, incorporating the moist air psychrometrics should be a bit easier.

Something that's bothered me is the temperature of the football during/after inflation.  A simplistic, isentropic compression from 14.7psi to 14.7+12.5psi will increase the air temperature by a significant amount.  Right now, I'm ignoring all of that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I think balls come from Wilson inflated.   They are just making minor changes to them at the venue.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm still waiting for you to tell us more about your prediction for a Patriots/Broncos Super Bowl the next two years. I'd love to hear more about that. The only thing that would be more exciting is a Yankees/Red Sox world series.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

tl;dr:

Go back and check their performance in the 24.7 - 27.2 psia range.

The Blue Angels ... have you ever wondered about their color scheme and why they have that gold stripe running down the fuselage?  That's where the low pressure ECS duct work is located.

Look at the Patriot's record from 1961 to 1995 with the red home jerseys and compare that to their record from 1995 to present with their blue home jerseys.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Only if you assume they were different pressure to begin with... but until we know what ball-boy did with them in the bathroom I guess we should wonder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you not, since they give their preferences differently.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because it was cold and wet - conditions in which anyone would want more grip etc. Hence same ball prep.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Because it was cold and wet - conditions in which anyone would want more grip etc. Hence same ball prep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

People with larger hands, like Aaron Rodgers, would prefer the ball to be at the higher end.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#32]
The NFL's independent investigation group has asked the physics department at the Columbia University in NY to help with learning how weather conditions would effect ball pressure.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The NFL's independent investigation group has asked the physics department at the Columbia University in NY to help with learning how weather conditions would effect ball pressure.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12241615/nfl-investigator-seeks-contact-columbia-university-physics-department-deflategate-probe

View Quote

They should just read arf.  Its only 24/yr and will give you the answer as well as the plus/minus 6 sigma answer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I wrong?

I'm here to quote this post
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They should just read arf.  Its only 24/yr and will give you the answer as well as the plus/minus 6 sigma answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12241615/nfl-investigator-seeks-contact-columbia-university-physics-department-deflategate-probe

Secretary: "Mr. Goodell, I'm seeing this $24 charge from "AR15.com", but I thought that was just a one-time expense to resolve that ball pressure dispute back in 2015?"
R.Goodell: "I joined AR15.com for the physics, but stayed for the tranny threads."
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really lol'd
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm not reading all 26 pages.

But how does a deflated ball affect the game?

Weren't both teams using the same ball?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

it has been written about a million times.

Each team hires a "mother hen" (person that sits on their game balwhile their defense is on the field.

The mother hen keeps the ball warm and dry. (There's math involved a couple pages above).

The mother hen is the only person allowed to touch their team's ball before handing it to the officials when the offense goes out

It is speculated that the patriots hired a mother hen who also concealed a needle and let out air while sitting on the ball.  The colts' mother hen obeyedd the rules.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Something both Pats and Hawks fans should agree on is Kraft does make good macaroni and cheese and both teams fans hope there is no deflation during the Katy Perry performance.  
View Quote

What "real fan" watches the halftime show?????
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude!  The 1995 Halftime Show was AWESOME!  Indiana Jones parachuting in and lighting guys with turbans on fire, all as part of a quest to capture the trophy.  And then Tony Bennet and Patti LaBelle come out...WTF?  WT....F'in AWESOME>>>

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dude!  The 1995 Halftime Show was AWESOME!  Indiana Jones parachuting in and lighting guys with turbans on fire, all as part of a quest to capture the trophy.  And then Tony Bennet and Patti LaBelle come out...WTF?  WT....F'in AWESOME>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjXSqaSmhh4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What, no three Wolves T's????  Amateurs....
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:The 1995 Halftime Show was AWESOME!  Indiana Jones parachuting in and lighting guys with turbans on fire, all as part of a quest to capture the trophy.  And then Tony Bennet and Patti LaBelle come out...WTF?  WT....F'in AWESOME>>>

This predated the Three Wolves.   It set the stage for it.  They'll never top 1995...  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This predated the Three Wolves.   It set the stage for it.  They'll never top 1995...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:The 1995 Halftime Show was AWESOME!  Indiana Jones parachuting in and lighting guys with turbans on fire, all as part of a quest to capture the trophy.  And then Tony Bennet and Patti LaBelle come out...WTF?  WT....F'in AWESOME>>>

Katy Perry wardrobe malfunction would be up there however...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would definitely be better than Bruce Springsteen tea-bagging the world.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for that mental image
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Memory cannot do this travesty justice hahahah

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOhhEMn-8D8
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOhhEMn-8D8

Bruce Springsteen is in a white box?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:29:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm still waiting for you to tell us more about your prediction for a Patriots/Broncos Super Bowl the next two years. I'd love to hear more about that. The only thing that would be more exciting is a Yankees/Red Sox world series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, the drama leading up to said series will include Eli losing either a leg, a job, or a wife, and  a dog dying a horrible, and  preventable death. Good 'Ol Payton will raise the spirits of the nation, and a biopic dedicated to his life, and licensed b the NFL will be a ratings Bonanza!!

The Name "Payton" will be the new favorite boys AND girls name for a generation, or at least until the next super bowl story.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Hey guys, I can't be bothered to see what the answer to this question is myself as it's already been asked multiple times, so will someone else take time out of their day to do it for me?"
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top