Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The back up balls are left in the officials room.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 24 game balls go onto the field, 12 for each team.  Plus the balls for the kicking game.

Does anyone know where the back up footballs are kept during the game?  I'm thinking they remain in the referee's locker room unless they are needed.

Ah.  That might explain why the back up footballs were in spec, and the game balls measured at halftime were not.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Ah.  That might explain why the back up footballs were in spec, and the game balls measured at halftime were not.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z362/0471861731/2015/20150118%20DeflateGate/graph20150127B_zpsytm9kl9s.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 24 game balls go onto the field, 12 for each team.  Plus the balls for the kicking game.

Does anyone know where the back up footballs are kept during the game?  I'm thinking they remain in the referee's locker room unless they are needed.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z362/0471861731/2015/20150118%20DeflateGate/graph20150127B_zpsytm9kl9s.jpg

Your graphs show clear bias and you dont even realize it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

#PatriotPrivilege
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

link

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Patriots caught the Jets doing it in 06.

Bullshit.

link

Wow!  I've never read through the whole tapping thing before.  It sounds as though Goodell is the one that ought to be paying the fines.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

One doesn't make it into Robert Kraft's estate planning on charm and good looks, alone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Boomer Esiason calling it like it is:

"I’m just telling you right now, the way I see it, is there are 31 other sets of fans and other teams that really hope the Patriots get nailed here. I feel like there’s a witch hunt out to ruin Bill Belichick’s legacy and embarrass Bob Kraft. It’s amazing what is happening here.”
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"I’m just telling you right now, the way I see it, is there are 31 other sets of fans and other teams that really hope the Patriots get nailed here. I feel like there’s a witch hunt out to ruin Bill Belichick’s legacy and embarrass Bob Kraft. It’s amazing what is happening here.”
View Quote

Im sure there is a point in there somewhere...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I see they finally got around to blaming the ball-boy.....Sorta like blaming a house fire on a electrician.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I see they finally got around to blaming the ball-boy.....Sorta like blaming a house fire on a electrician.
View Quote
"Locker Room Attendant"

For making a piss stop.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
So, who is being named the "home team" in Glendale this Sunday ?
The crowd is going to be into this game rooting for the Patriots to lose.

My opinion of course.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Full disclosure: Im a Dolphins fan - so by extensions the Pats are fucking cheaters. But...

The way I see it: a 50/50 chance Brady requests under-inflated balls. 1/99 chance Belichick knew about it.

Deflated balls effect: Possibly none, but i'd wager a possible chance it makes fumbling less likely etc, which could in effect help sustain a drive/prevent a turnover that might win a game - that in turn helps secure home-field advantage etc. I would say spygate could possibly provide such an effect also.

Do/did the Pats need spygate/deflatedgate to be so successful, nah. But I dont think thats out of the realm of possibility that it might have contributed to their level of success.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My opinion of course.

View Quote

Seattle is the home team.

Washington people are outbuying Massachusetts people by 5 to 1 for tickets. I imagine with the snow there might be some more North East people not showing up too.

Will definitely be a more Seattle crowd.

Random ESPN stat they dug real deep for: The team wearing white won 9 of the last 10 Super Bowls. Patriots will be in white.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That's Racist....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My opinion of course.

Washington people are outbuying Massachusetts people by 5 to 1 for tickets. I imagine with the snow there might be some more North East people not showing up too.

Random ESPN stat they dug real deep for: The team wearing white won 9 of the last 10 Super Bowls. Patriots will be in white.

That's Racist....

#WhitePatriotPrivilege
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My opinion of course.

Belichick is such a damn cheat that he picked a year when the AFC is the visiting team to go to the Super Bowl?

I'll bet that bastard is studying game film of the ref's coin tosses.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Belichick is such a damn cheat that he picked a year when the AFC is the visiting team to go to the Super Bowl?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My opinion of course.

Vegas money coming in on the coin toss shows 4x as much money on Heads as Tails this year so far.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

One doesn't make it into Robert Kraft's estate planning on charm and good looks, alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much money did he pay you to make the colours of your graph the same as the DEFLATRIOTS???

#FOLLOWtheMONEY
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Media day today - so I have ESPN on.  They just showed a very in depth interview with Marshawn Lynch.  What insight!   3 minutes of  'I'm just here so I won't get fined'  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Sports radio show reporting that the Patriots turned in their balls to the officials pre-game low and the officials signed off on them without using a gauge.

So now the NFL has to prove the officials stuck a needle in each of the balls and recorded the PSI as well.

My day 1 money on the officials not actually doing their jobs is still looking like the winning bet.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I just took a guess at the game times, so don't ask why the 1st half is longer than the 2nd half - I'm sure Belichick is now cheating the very fabric of space-time.  If I can get actual game times, I'll correct my model.  But until then ...

I'm using ambient temperatures and pressure data from:

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMAFOXBO3#history/s20150118/e20150118/mdaily

and just assuming a 68ºF referee locker room, and negligible HVAC over/under pressure;

also assuming a dry ball just to illustrate "normal" conditions.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z362/0471861731/2015/20150118%20DeflateGate/graph20150126A_zpskksipgfj.jpg

In order to remain "in spec" throughout (and following) the game, the ball would need to be between 13.05 and 13.33 psig during the initial referee check.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why the fascination with ball volumes and gas pressures? Just compare the pressure of the ball collections from both teams. Both were subject to the same pre-game inspection and the same weather conditions throughout the day. If the balls from one team are consistently out-of-spec while the balls from the other team remain in spec, something's funky.  
That's one of the questions no one has an answer for and doesn't want to wait for.  

Did the officials actually test the PSI pre game or did they just visually inspect?

If they did actually test the PSI, what were all the balls recordings pre-game for the Pats and for the Colts?

Did they also test the Colts balls at half time? If so what were the stats?

Did the 12 back up balls they used at half time have to be inflated to meet proper PSI? If so, why were they low from the pregame?

Did they test the Colts balls at the end of the game? If so what were the stats?

League hasn't said anything and the news keeps spinning the story every day in a new direction with unconfirmed anonymous sources who keep saying one thing then the other.

Not to mention that TB said he likes them around 12.5 psi which is the low end of the rules.  18 degrees cooler on the field and wet conditions as well are going to make for a ball that is under spec by the time it equalizes temperature on the field. Maybe TB is just smarter than the guy that wrote the rules.

If Indy doesn't like balls at minimum, maybe closer to maximum, their balls would be closer to spec.  I don't think they have said anything specific about their balls - except that they were in spec.

It's still hard to see how a ball within the range of 12.5 - 13.5 psig in a 68deg f locker room in dry conditions is going to be in spec on the field when it's cold and wet.  

It could easily be that the only problem here is the NFL writes stupid rules at worst, incomplete at best (i.e. the pressure must be x pressure under certain stated / defined conditions)

A 1 psi range isn't going to remain in spec under all conditions.  Darn few actually.  Are teams expected to over-inflate balls if it is supposed to be cold and wet out?

Can you see the refs huddled on the sideline pumping up balls if the temp changes?  I can imaging the conniptions the QBs would have if someone starts messing with the things during the game.

I just took a guess at the game times, so don't ask why the 1st half is longer than the 2nd half - I'm sure Belichick is now cheating the very fabric of space-time.  If I can get actual game times, I'll correct my model.  But until then ...

I'm using ambient temperatures and pressure data from:

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMAFOXBO3#history/s20150118/e20150118/mdaily

and just assuming a 68ºF referee locker room, and negligible HVAC over/under pressure;

also assuming a dry ball just to illustrate "normal" conditions.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z362/0471861731/2015/20150118%20DeflateGate/graph20150126A_zpskksipgfj.jpg

In order to remain "in spec" throughout (and following) the game, the ball would need to be between 13.05 and 13.33 psig during the initial referee check.

What about the humidity of air used to fill the balls?  If the dew point is greater in the locker room (showers?), then a significant mass fraction of the air being water could condense, resulting in greater pressure drop.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sports radio show reporting that the Patriots turned in their balls to the officials pre-game low and the officials signed off on them without using a gauge.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_nfl_approved_under_inflated_balls_from_patriots/18162203?linksrc=story_sitewide_yardbarker_footer_head_18162203

So now the NFL has to prove the officials stuck a needle in each of the balls and recorded the PSI as well.

My day 1 money on the officials not actually doing their jobs is still looking like the winning bet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_nfl_approved_under_inflated_balls_from_patriots/18162203?linksrc=story_sitewide_yardbarker_footer_head_18162203

Weird how you're so quick to embrace certain sources

JD: “I can’t deny that that happens. Somebody may be lazy. I can tell you it’s not the norm. I know there are some guys that probably don’t do it quite as diligently as others, but they’re required to check the air. I don’t even question whether Walt and his crew did that.”

Former head of officiating on whether Walt Anderson would check air pressure @ AFCCG
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#24]
The pressure of the New England Patriot's game balls in Super Bowl 49 is going to be 12.24 psig at halftime, and 12.10 psig at the end of the game.  

And then 12.62 psig when they are sitting on Goodell's desk on Tuesday morning, all wrapped in crime scene tape.

You heard it here, first.

And anonymous source says Belichick was caught video taping Benoît Paul Émile Clapeyron's notes over his shoulder.  This is how he cheats.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Like all the other teams are a bunch of virgins that dindo nuffin effer.

Like all the haters in here are a bunch of virgins too.

Rock on Pats.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How much money did he pay you to make the colours of your graph the same as the DEFLATRIOTS???

#FOLLOWtheMONEY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#FOLLOWtheMONEY

Now that I'm a pro-sports insider, I'm going to have to hire people to manage my fleet of Ferraris, and do something about these pesky groupies.

Do they sell Super Model Supermodel Repellant at Walmart?  Or, is that something you have to go to Target to find?

ETA:
Gisele just called me to let me know that "supermodel" is actually a single, compound word.  I now feel dumb.  She also said to not worry about the pricey, name brand repellants, because I seem to be doing just fine on my own.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Former head of officiating on whether Walt Anderson would check air pressure @ AFCCG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JD: “I can’t deny that that happens. Somebody may be lazy. I can tell you it’s not the norm. I know there are some guys that probably don’t do it quite as diligently as others, but they’re required to check the air. I don’t even question whether Walt and his crew did that.”

Well, considering hes providing sources, where as you just yell at whatever air is around you.....

Knock it off, you're scaring the local wildlife.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What about the humidity of air used to fill the balls?  If the dew point is greater in the locker room (showers?), then a significant mass fraction of the air being water could condense, resulting in greater pressure drop.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<stuff>

A couple pages back, I mentioned that I still needed to add internal psychrometrics, but didn't think it was that crucial because it may only exacerbate the pressure swings, if ever so slightly.

And why in blue fuck do they not have ball inflation issues with Women's Volleyball?

[enters the women's locker room] "Excuse me ma'am. I'm just here for the science." [get's beaten to a bruised pulp by Amazon women]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

JD: "I can’t deny that that happens. Somebody may be lazy. I can tell you it’s not the norm. I know there are some guys that probably don’t do it quite as diligently as others, but they’re required to check the air. I don’t even question whether Walt and his crew did that.”

It's just as valid as any of the bull shit the haters/cheaters cite as evidence of cheating.

Is it too much to ask for proof of any cheating? For confirmation that the officials did their job? I guess it is.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's just as valid as any of the bull shit the haters/cheaters cite as evidence of cheating.

Is it too much to ask for proof of any cheating? For confirmation that the officials did their job? I guess it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JD: "I can’t deny that that happens. Somebody may be lazy. I can tell you it’s not the norm. I know there are some guys that probably don’t do it quite as diligently as others, but they’re required to check the air. I don’t even question whether Walt and his crew did that.”

More valid in your eyes apparently.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, him and anyone with the ability to differentiate fact from opinion.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well, him and anyone with the ability to differentiate fact from opinion.
View Quote

HAHA.
Just wow kid, you are a mental midget.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I love anonymous sources. This whole story is
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You ready to show us that physical evidence that the Patriots cheated by purposely deflating balls yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ready to show us that physical evidence that the Patriots cheated by purposely deflating balls yet?

How about the first half footballs
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. Since you have the evidence, what was the psi level before the game, and at the half?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

The Colts linebacker reported it.

No he didn't.

The Ravens told us about the issue.

No they didn't.

The balls were 2 PSI under.

No they were 1.

Ball boy stopped to deflate the balls.

No he took a piss.

But it is still apparently quite clear to some that this was all Bill and Tom's doing. Personally. And yet the people asking for evidence, facts, proof... We are the mental midgets, the Homers, the liberals.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No he didn't.

No they didn't.

No they were 1.

No he took a piss.

But it is still apparently quite clear to some that this was all Bill and Tom's doing. Personally. And yet the people asking for evidence, facts, proof... We are the mental midgets, the Homers, the liberals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No he didn't.

No they didn't.

No they were 1.

No he took a piss.

Yeah, the hate is hilarious. Somone sent me a link to a Bronco board with a looooong thread on this. The hate and ignorance blends together into a great big ball of hilarity and failure.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because spygate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because spygate doing a legal activity with the wrong method.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because spygate doing a legal activity with the wrong method.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because spygate and those whose still deny it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because spygate and those whose still deny it.

You sure seem to have a lot invested in that. You a Panthers fan, by any chance?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ok. Since you have the evidence, what was the psi level before the game, and at the half?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All that matters is what the air pressure was at when checked at half time...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

False.

If the officials didn't check the PSI pregame to confirm it was at the correct level, they are to blame for not giving the team properly regulated game balls.

Even if they did properly set the balls at 12.5 PSI pre game, you still have to show there was cheating/ball deflating after the balls went out from the officials locker room.

Meanwhile, reports of the balls being 1 PSI low have been proven to be possible simply from pressure change due to on the field conditions.

But... Once again... I like to have evidence before I find someone guilty.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#44]
belicheat likes puppets,  he would love a few posters in this thread.  I predict a meltdown soon
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

belicheat likes puppets,  he would love a few posters in this thread.  I predict a meltdown soon
View Quote

By the Hawks fans and the Patriot haters, when the Pats leave with another Super Bowl ring.

The melt down and hate will be off the charts. It will be glorious.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

False.

If the officials didn't check the PSI pregame to confirm it was at the correct level, they are to blame for not giving the team properly regulated game balls.

Even if they did properly set the balls at 12.5 PSI pre game, you still have to show there was cheating/ball deflating after the balls went out from the officials locker room.

Meanwhile, reports of the balls being 1 PSI low have been proven to be possible simply from pressure change due to on the field conditions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

Rules state that spec is 12.5-13.5. If the cheaters footballs were out of that range, they were breaking the rules. Cheaters gonna cheat
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not necessarily true, but let's pretend it IS true. What was the PSI of each ball at halftime?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Rules state that spec is 12.5-13.5. If the cheaters footballs were out of that range, they were breaking the rules. Cheaters gonna cheat
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

False.

Balls are given to the officials, pre game. They are responsible for ensuring the balls are in the correct PSI range. If they failed to do so, the Patriots did not cheat, the league's officials failed to send the correct equipment to the field.

If weather causes the footballs to drop below PSI, are the Patriots cheating with a weather machine of some sort?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

False.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

The football is not "evidence" All righty then...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

False.

Is the football itself evidence that a Patriot employee knowingly decreased the PSI?

If you think it is, I hope to god you never serve jury duty.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top