Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2001 8:01:18 PM EDT
I love to read the discussion boards on the Frugal Sight.  It says that you have to register to read now and then when you try to register it says that registration is turned off.  Anyone know what the deal is?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried to register, but they don't accept Hotmail e-mail addresses.  [pissed]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
There were too many trolls and weenies showing up there wasting bandwith so a crackdown went into effect. The only bad thing is that he is using some new forum software and it is damn slow.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Frugals was where the BBS all started for me , however as of late more than a few members have drifted away , and it seems to me that the posts have became less intresting , thats why I seem to be spending more time over here. I've tried a few other boards but as of now this one seems to be the most stimulating. I know that I seldom post but I do like to "lurk" , and yes the new boards at Frugals seem slow to me which is imporant to me with my dial up 28k.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]

I have been with Frugals for a long time and enjoy reading there... I post as Wolfowner as I do on ak47.net...... I think the reason for having to register now is what the squirrels are calling the DECLOAKING of Lurkers... in other words... ATF, FBI , etc.,... will have to register to compile information now... and traces can be then be made.  Also they are suggesting you "bugout" out before leaving the forum now...  for security reasons?

realist out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top