BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't this basically just a CZ-75 clone?

Get a steel frame Witness in 10mm, write "Bren 10" on the side with a Sharpie.  BAM! Done.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like it's the "Duke Nukem Forever" of the gun world
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Super-want.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

SAO models too; I'm getting one.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2015/01/P220_NitronElite_10mm.jpg

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

If only Vltor would sell the rights to Kel Tec... THEN we'd see some movement on it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
VLTOR is a good company, and I wish them success.

That said, I don't understand why this is so important.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
GMTmaster willbe along shortly to remind everyone that he owns a bren and a rolex so that we can be suitable impressed by his somewhat ordinary possessions

a few years ago the excuse was that vltor was swamped with military contracts. The next year the excuse was that they needed to improve the design.

Vltor is full of shit. If they wanted to sell brens they could have had them on the market years ago. Once they owned all the IP they could have had brens on shelves in 12 months. I wish they would just fuck off.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember the Vltor Volks suppressor?

yeah, me neither.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Ares Defense:  Amateurs.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If only Vltor would sell the rights to Kel Tec... THEN we'd see some movement on it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed we would; Ruger would be pumping them out by the thousands in short order.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make believe gun is make believe.

It's real to the Airsoft world.

http://www.bren-ten.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bren_10_l_f.jpg

So is the plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Doesn't mean I'm going to carry one.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Really hoped VLTOR would have pulled it off.  Wanted a Bren Ten for a long time. A guy that would set at the Nashville gun shows quite some time ago had 2 consecutive numbered Bren Tens with 2 mags each in a case. I would ogle them each time he had them on display.

Maybe VLTOR will eventually pull it off. If they do, I will get one.  But for now when the SIG comes out, I'll get one of those.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I forget, is this one of those deals.....that a  bunch of people paid in advance for their pistols?
View Quote

Actually they did have something like that. My local bass pro shop was going to let people pre order them but you had to put up like $1300 or something like that.   I asked if he was going to kiss me before he did that to me and he just hung up...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#15]

VLTOR never did. Shady distributor jumped the gun (so to speak) by about 6 years.

I'd still love to have one. Better they turn out a quality product than junk. Imagine the GD butthurt if VLTOR Bren Tens started grenading here and there or just plain didn't function.

SIG will have a P220 in 10mm soon. I'll get a Bren Ten when it happens. It's a range/jack-off toy anyway.  

Quoted:

Have they taken Pre-order money????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many YEARS has it been now?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Friend has a Witness in 10MM. It is actually a pretty good pistol. He's got 8 magazines for it and bought a bunch of spare recoil springs.
I have fired it and it's not bad. He paid 450 for it over ten years ago I think.
He calls it his "poor mans Bren Ten"
He will never get rid of it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've read that occasionally someone will buy a Kel Tec, and then someone from Kel Tec will come and take it back.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

VLTOR never did. Shady distributor jumped the gun (so to speak) by about 6 years.

I'd still love to have one. Better they turn out a quality product than junk. Imagine the GD butthurt if VLTOR Bren Tens started grenading here and there or just plain didn't function.

SIG will have a P220 in 10mm soon. I'll get a Bren Ten when it happens. It's a range/jack-off toy anyway.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok that's what I thought..... So it isnt a Shrike deal where people have a couple of thousand dollars tied up waiting for years and years...... Vltor has to be able to justify the expense of tooling and production.. In reality how many are they going to sell?? Will it be enough to keep it affordable AND profitable?  sometimes i think guys here forget that profit is necessary
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#20]
That damn company is such a joke.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ares Defense:  Amateurs.  

View Quote

I thought of this, but I couldn't in good conscience make a joke about them since they delivered big time with the SCR.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That signature
View Quote

Seriously.

Does he use a Spirograph to sign his name?!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't buy the excuse of "we need to make sure it works first". It's fuckin 80s tech, if a modern manufacturing company can't make a gun that they own the fucking blueprints for, maybe they shouldn't be in business.

I think they're just trying to hype it up so they can make a limited run in a few more years, and charge an ungodly amount for it.

Whatever happened to their revolutionary suppressor? I'm less and less impressed with vltor as time goes on.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
VLTOR can choke on an entire bag of dicks. I hope they go bankrupt and their business burns to the ground.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too many. I remember this 4 years ago on 10mm talk.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Remember the Vltor Volks suppressor?

yeah, me neither.

View Quote

Haha! Beat me to it!

Was going to say maybe I could get a Volks suppressor to go with my Bren Ten.

Good thing I decided to roll my own.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I followed it for a year or two or three. I can't believe they are still talking about it as if one day it's going to happen. I would have deleted the blog and website and pretended it was all a dream.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Can I buy one in .40 cal?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I followed it for a year or two or three. I can't believe they are still talking about it as if one day it's going to happen. I would have deleted the blog and website and pretended it was all a dream.

View Quote

It would be that simple....but the doofuses that run that place obviously can't seem to think in any rational manner.  Don't they realize that the longer they participate in this farce...the more it will hurt them???

I mean, I will not buy ANYTHING from Vltor specifically because of this issue. Think about it....if these guys carry on with this bizarre hoax/trolling event/whatever; what does that say about their mentality???  What does it say about their ethics???  These guys are DEFINITELY on my "do not trust" list.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#30]
This isn't going well for them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#31]
It's not like Tanfoglio doesn't make at least 6 models in 10mm as it is, most of them well below $1k. In most cases, their higher end guns are easier to find in 10mm than 9mm. I think these are 8 hundred something...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#32]
that's OK...Rock Island sounds better anyways....
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#33]
That fucking gun is cursed
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What is so hard about making addtional copies of a gun that already exists? We have 5 axis CNC machines, laser scanners, 3D metal printing, and CAD. We have companies literally printing out their own 1911s all the way down to the barrel and this company can't make a working copy of a handgun that was already developed, tested, and produced decades ago. This makes Vltor looks like a bunch of incompetents that can't figure out how to work a pair of digital calipers.
View Quote

Yeah, I don't get that either.

Maybe their shop was more oriented to injection molding instead of actual machining.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Remember when we used to sit by the fire, roasting marshmallows and talking about those whippersnappers from the UK on the Ed Sullivan show?  Since then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember when we used to sit by the fire, roasting marshmallows and talking about those whippersnappers from the UK on the Ed Sullivan show?  Since then.

Longer than the Shrike
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#36]
No thanks. If I ever start feeling nostalgic about Sonny Crockett, I'll just go pick up a Smith & Wesson 645 or a 4506 like he used in the last 3 seasons of the show.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I'll wait to see how the Sig 10mm fares.    Given Sig's spotty quality on some of their other firearms,  I'm not sure if I would want to be the first in line to buy one of their new firearms.   Especially a 10mm.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'll wait to see how the Sig 10mm fares.    Given Sig's spotty quality on some of their other firearms,  I'm not sure if I would want to be the first in line to buy one of their new firearms.   Especially a 10mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I sadly have to agree with this assessment.

I will be anxiously awaiting new owner feedback
before I'll drop a dime on one.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This is what's been going through my mind too. Even if they couldn't/don't have the original design you should be able to get at a minimum two guns, one for non-destructive testing and one for destructive testing to take them apart, measure and model. Even if they don't have that NDI/DI measurement capabilities in house there's tons of places that would have reversed engineered the parts for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is so hard about making addtional copies of a gun that already exists? We have 5 axis CNC machines, laser scanners, 3D metal printing, and CAD. We have companies literally printing out their own 1911s all the way down to the barrel and this company can't make a working copy of a handgun that was already developed, tested, and produced decades ago. This makes Vltor looks like a bunch of incompetents that can't figure out how to work a pair of digital calipers.

This is what's been going through my mind too. Even if they couldn't/don't have the original design you should be able to get at a minimum two guns, one for non-destructive testing and one for destructive testing to take them apart, measure and model. Even if they don't have that NDI/DI measurement capabilities in house there's tons of places that would have reversed engineered the parts for them.

Quoted:
I don't buy the excuse of "we need to make sure it works first". It's fuckin 80s tech, if a modern manufacturing company can't make a gun that they own the fucking blueprints for, maybe they shouldn't be in business.

I think they're just trying to hype it up so they can make a limited run in a few more years, and charge an ungodly amount for it.

Whatever happened to their revolutionary suppressor? I'm less and less impressed with vltor as time goes on.

My understanding was that the original gun had several issues and was unreliable. Is that not the case?????  Copying a problematic gun can be very problematic. Just look at the R51 debacle.

I never could warm up to glocks but maybe the new 40 will be the one that I actually keep. Always wanted to try one of the witness guns or the STI perfect 10.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike
View Quote

Did they take money from people???
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
Just like the Auto Mag.  Thank GOD those morons didn't attempt that.  That'd be like asking the Swahili to build you a nuclear power plant.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Just like the Auto Mag.  Thank GOD those morons didn't attempt that.  That'd be like asking the Swahili to build you a nuclear power plant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't there some guy in Alaska making 180s for $5K?

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

It's not like Tanfoglio doesn't make at least 6 models in 10mm as it is, most of them well below $1k. In most cases, their higher end guns are easier to find in 10mm than 9mm. I think these are 8 hundred something...http://www.realguns.com/images/witnesslimitedpro10opn.jpg
View Quote
I know. If Tanfoglio had half a brain at the helm they'd make one that looks just like a bren 10, figure out how to add the funky bushing and call it the Brenini Decimo.

LOL still nobody would buy it. Well, probably about the same number of folks that would buy a $3K VLTOR
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If Tanfoglio had half a brain at the helm they'd make one that looks just like a bren 10, figure out how to add the funky bushing and call it the Brenini Decimo.  
View Quote

Rost.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#46]

I LOL'ed  

I don't get it.  With today's manufacturing technology, why is this so hard?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I LOL'ed  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I LOL'ed  

If the gun was flawed from the beginning sometimes it is impossible to get it to work without totally changing the gun.

There is a reason people like Maxim and Browning are considered geniuses. It takes a lot of work to make these thing function reliably. Same reason you see companies like Glock stay close to the original. Don't want to mess up a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#48]
By "redirecting resources towards sustainability" did he mean they were launching a belt fed AR upper product?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Fire up the way back machine for a Mini-14 and A-Team van!

I still want a Bren Ten tho...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 minutes ago I knew zero about the Bren Ten.  My google powers reveal to me that it was popular back in the day due in part to being carried on TV by Don Johnson. If we are going to do nostalgia guns now, can we please just do the gun from Heat so I can carry it in my Airwolf clone helicopter or my A-Team replica van?

Fire up the way back machine for a Mini-14 and A-Team van!

I still want a Bren Ten tho...

Can't help with the Mini-14, but here's the Vltor Mini A Team. Yeah, there're a few kinks, they're workin' on it.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I forget, is this one of those deals.....that a  bunch of people paid in advance for their pistols?

Actually they did have something like that. My local bass pro shop was going to let people pre order them but you had to put up like $1300 or something like that.   I asked if he was going to kiss me before he did that to me and he just hung up...

The one down in Birmingham would put you on a list but you didn't have to pony up. I imagine the list was finally folded in half and used as a coaster for a Mountain Dew since I haven't heard from them in years.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike Shrike

Yes. Some one on this site has the original order. There was a ridiculous difference in time. I don't know if he ever got it or not.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top