Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bravo, sir.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock has had an edge on competition ever since it burst on the scene.

Bravo, sir.

No. I carried one in 1988, or 89, and everyone made fun of the plastic gun. Smiths and Berettas were what everyone was switching to. I got rid of it after the recoil spring guide rod broke while during a range session.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure it will be a quality product and it will be wildly popular but to say it is a game changer is . It's not like Glock mags aren't already very reliable, cheap and plentiful.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Who gives a fuck until they make mags for manly men who shoot manly Glocks in manly calibers beginning in 4 and ending in 5. LOL
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think Magpul will make mags for handguns that take metal mags.

You mean like the AR did?

You missed a very important word sir.

Well, technically.
http://www.jcweaponry.com/images/ar15/Pistol_5.jpg

You know what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who gives a fuck until they make mags for manly men who shoot manly Glocks in manly calibers beginning in 4 and ending in 5. LOL
View Quote

45 GAP is awesome isn't it
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They can be $7 a piece and smell like gingerbread for all I care.. they go into Glocks, and Glocks aren't for me.
View Quote

This... Unless somehow sig mags get cheaper it's a big meh for me unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This... Unless somehow sig mags get cheaper it's a big meh for me unfortunately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They can be $7 a piece and smell like gingerbread for all I care.. they go into Glocks, and Glocks aren't for me.

If you don't care, then why did you even post? To tell everyone you don't care?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone else put it best in the other thread. This now represent a DOMESTIC MANUFACTURER OF EVIL HIGH CAPACITY GLOCK MAGS! Have we not just gone through the ATF ratfucking the AK74 ammo? Have we not had NUMEROUS discussions about the Boy Emperor shutting off AK imports over the Ukraine Crisis. Many people were very happy when US companies started making AKs rifles here in the US, because that means the Prez can no longer use his cellphone and pen to shut off the flow of the AKs. With Magpul now making the steel reinforced mags it mean there is now a guaranteed supply of quality service grade mags for the AK47 family. Will they be $8-15 for a metal surplus mag, no. But they will be available and likely not to bounce to $100+ should some Presidential bullshit take place.

Now we have a domestic source that will soon be producing one of the more popular of the Glock mags. Better, the G17 mag fits in the Glock 19 and the Glock 26. I for one hope this is a successful new product and if the price is $16 or less I will be adding some more magazines to my stash.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Who says they won't make polymer versions of metal magazines. Factory glock mags are metal lined and the magpul ones aren't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who says they won't make polymer versions of metal magazines. Factory glock mags are metal lined and the magpul ones aren't.

The first gen Glock 17 mags were completely unlined. Second Gen started partial metal lining.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Glock tried the mags without the metal liner.  I had Glock mags with a metal liner that did not go all the way to the top in front eventually chip and crack off.   The current mags with the metal liner that extends to the top in front are the best yet.

Why would I want to go backwards to save a few dollars?
View Quote

Many people originally compared the Magpul Ar mags to previous platic mags like Orlite and Thermold....and were completely wrong. I am going to assume that the Magul guys put in the same effort into the first gen Magpul Glock mags.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Many people originally compared the Magpul Ar mags to previous platic mags like Orlite and Thermold....and were completely wrong. I am going to assume that the Magul guys put in the same effort into the first gen Magpul Glock mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock tried the mags without the metal liner.  I had Glock mags with a metal liner that did not go all the way to the top in front eventually chip and crack off.   The current mags with the metal liner that extends to the top in front are the best yet.

Why would I want to go backwards to save a few dollars?

This, and I would think plastics technology has advanced since the 80s.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I can't shoot a glock got shit. I had a 19 for a short time. The forced position of the grip doesn't work for me. Meaning I don't like the finger grooves. Now if I could find a gen 2 at a good price, I'd probably buy it just to buy Magpul mags for it. Therefore, I'll continue to buy Springfield whose mags I can get on sale for right at $20.
View Quote

Dremel is your friend on this one. I ground off the finger grooves and stippled my 19.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I pay $20 for G17/19/21 OEM mags delivered so this isnt that big a deal although I will buy a few.

but a G18(33rd) mag would be nice for PCC's and maybe a Hicap Glock .45 mag

also 12rd USP .45 mags would be very nice
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:16:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Glock has had an edge on competition ever since it burst on the scene.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:03:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Now if magpul were to make 18 round cz75b magazines. .....
View Quote

My CZ TS came with factory flush-fit 20rd mags.....

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much do those cost?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:59:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How much do those cost?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much do those cost?

$50.  

Add another $55 for a CZ Custom Shop +4 basepad, spring and follower.  Double
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

$50.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much do those cost?

$50.  

I wish MecGar would mix up their production a bit more, but I can't complain.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#19]
That's all I needed.  Another reason to buy more Glock mags.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#20]
So, Rainier Arms just posted that Elite Tactical Systems Group is releasing Glock mags as well.

Look to be clear,  MSRP <$20, and it's all 9mm sizes including 33rd.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So, Rainier Arms just posted that Elite Tactical Systems Group is releasing Glock mags as well.

Look to be clear,  MSRP <$20, and it's all 9mm sizes including 33rd.
View Quote

Interdasting

They are clear too

ETS glock mags
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have a bunch of friends behind enemy lines in Connecticut, New York and New Jersey.  I will be buying these up and shipping them out in bulk.
View Quote

Can I be your friend?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:06:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I will give the Magpul Glock mag a try but my first impression was they feel cheap.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:25:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

my korean mags have been 100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if they turn out like those Korean Glock mags?

my korean mags have been 100%

Same, but they didn't last more than a dozen drops on a concrete floor.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:40:32 AM EDT
[#25]
When the magpul glock mags hit the market and the price of the glock brand mags drop ill just buy a shit ton of Glock made mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:54:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

When the magpul glock mags hit the market and the price of the glock brand mags drop ill just buy a shit ton of Glock made mags.
View Quote
This. I am excited to see Magpul shaking up the market a bit, but as much as I like their products, I would love to see this bring factory Glock mags down.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:24:27 AM EDT
[#27]
If these work I will buy at least 30 of them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
First, consider the handgun market as it stood before these new mags were announced. There were marginal differences between service pistols, and we argue about those differences on a daily basis here, but for the most part, if you buy a quality pistol from the likes of Glock, Smith and Wesson, Beretta, or CZ, it's most likely going to be just fine. And I say that as a guy that's bought two defective Glock 9mms. The majority of the guns produced by any of these manufacturers will run with excellent reliability, and most experienced shooters won't observe much of a difference in accuracy.

Glocks have below average triggers and below average ergonomics, but mechanical simplicity and brand recognition are strengths. Another selling point often brought up by Glock fans is the availability of holsters and pricing of magazines. Holsters for many if not most major pistols will be available in most places that sell holsters. That leaves magazines...

Before today...
Magazines for Glocks were twenty-something dollars.
Magazines for Beretta 92s were twenty-something dollars.
Magazines for CZ 75s were twenty-something dollars.
Magazines for BHPs were twenty-something dollars.
Magazines for S&W 5906s were twenty-something dollars.

Some were more expensive, but I think you get the idea.

For the sake of this discussion, let's make two assumptions about these new Glock mags:
-Magpul is building a product that will work as advertised.
-These will have a street price around $10-12.

Now, we're looking at a change in market conditions. All of the above statements are still true, except Glock magazines are no longer twenty something dollars like most everything else. They're now under half that price. That's in addition to the fact that Glock ships the Gen4 pistols with three mags instead of two like everyone else. Even in retail terms (as opposed to Blue Label or GSSF), it will soon be possible for a customer to walk out of a gun shop with a brand new Gen4 G17 with 10 magazines for under or around $650. For the first time, Glock pistols have an edge that is objective, measurable, and quite significant. And the best part, from Glock's position, is that it's the investment of a third party that makes it possible.

And that leaves the rest of the industry an interesting decision to make. If you were running things at S&W, Springfield Armory, or Beretta, how would you address this problem? Do you increase the number of magazines that ship with your pistols? Do you find a way to cut costs on magazine production or reduce margins to make your product more affordable if possible? Or do you just stay the course and hope consumers still choose your pistols despite this disadvantage?

This could get interesting.
View Quote

FN ships theirs with 3 as well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
First, consider the handgun market as it stood before these new mags were announced. There were marginal differences between service pistols, and we argue about those differences on a daily basis here, but for the most part, if you buy a quality pistol from the likes of Glock, Smith and Wesson, Beretta, or CZ, it's most likely going to be just fine. And I say that as a guy that's bought two defective Glock 9mms. The majority of the guns produced by any of these manufacturers will run with excellent reliability, and most experienced shooters won't observe much of a difference in accuracy.

Glocks have below average triggers and below average ergonomics, but mechanical simplicity and brand recognition are strengths. Another selling point often brought up by Glock fans is the availability of holsters and pricing of magazines. Holsters for many if not most major pistols will be available in most places that sell holsters. That leaves magazines...

Before today...

For the sake of this discussion, let's make two assumptions about these new Glock mags:

Now, we're looking at a change in market conditions. All of the above statements are still true, except Glock magazines are no longer twenty something dollars like most everything else. They're now under half that price. That's in addition to the fact that Glock ships the Gen4 pistols with three mags instead of two like everyone else. Even in retail terms (as opposed to Blue Label or GSSF), it will soon be possible for a customer to walk out of a gun shop with a brand new Gen4 G17 with 10 magazines for under or around $650. For the first time, Glock pistols have an edge that is objective, measurable, and quite significant. And the best part, from Glock's position, is that it's the investment of a third party that makes it possible.

And that leaves the rest of the industry an interesting decision to make. If you were running things at S&W, Springfield Armory, or Beretta, how would you address this problem? Do you increase the number of magazines that ship with your pistols? Do you find a way to cut costs on magazine production or reduce margins to make your product more affordable if possible? Or do you just stay the course and hope consumers still choose your pistols despite this disadvantage?

View Quote

Frankly I could not care less what magazines cost.  I want a high quality magazine that lasts.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Now that I have a VP9 I will never get a Gluck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, technically.

Technically that is a rifle without a stock. Legally that is a handgun. Legally a pistol with a threaded barrel is an "assault weapon" in California; technically it is a handgun.

Get it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Prices for Glock pistols are now going to go up.  They were making money by raising prices on their mags instead of the guns themselves.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Unless Magpul comes up with some revolutionary new polymer that can swap with steel one for one, there will be no PMags for traditional steel handgun mags.  They're simply too thin to be replaced with plastic.  Glock mags are considerably thicker than say Beretta or Sig mags.  Even the G36 mag is considerably thicker than a 1911 mag.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Unless Magpul comes up with some revolutionary new polymer that can swap with steel one for one, there will be no PMags for traditional steel handgun mags.  They're simply too thin to be replaced with plastic.  Glock mags are considerably thicker than say Beretta or Sig mags.  Even the G36 mag is considerably thicker than a 1911 mag.
View Quote

I think it could be done, but you'd be looking at reduced capacity. Which could be worthwhile for training mags, but I don't see that alone being a big enough market.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Magpul is in business for money. Don't be fooled. Other manufactures make glock mags like Kahn. Get over your Glock love. Trust me, a $10 mag will not be as good as a Glock mag.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think it could be done, but you'd be looking at reduced capacity. Which could be worthwhile for training mags, but I don't see that alone being a big enough market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For some guns, maybe.  Single stacks are out, maybe a 9mm 1911 mag would be doable.  Even some double stacks wouldn't have the necessary clearance for thicker feed lips.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Technically that is a rifle without a stock. Legally that is a handgun. Legally a pistol with a threaded barrel is an "assault weapon" in California; technically it is a handgun.

Get it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, technically.

Get it?

Nope, I live in Tennessee where I can carry my AR pistol with my handgun permit and any gun loaded in my vehicle without a permit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Magpul is in business for money. Don't be fooled. Other manufactures make glock mags like Kahn. Get over your Glock love. Trust me, a $10 mag will not be as good as a Glock mag.
View Quote

we will have to see. it could be just as good as a glock mag.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP has a low threshold for game changing.
View Quote

maybe im missing something, but unless youre buying multiple, multiple magazines at $10 instead of $20, where is the big deal? even if you buy 10 mags, youre only saving $100. or maybe im in the minority in not thinking i need 10+ mags
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

maybe im missing something, but unless youre buying multiple, multiple magazines at $10 instead of $20, where is the big deal? even if you buy 10 mags, youre only saving $100. or maybe im in the minority in not thinking i need 10+ mags
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're definitely in the minority.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Missed that last panic did we?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

HK managed it with their USP mags for the jet funnel like 15 years ago, I'm sure Magpul in all of their plastic glory can manage to to make functional polymer magazines for gun that have metal mags traditionally. Hell, I'm going on 2,500 rounds through my number 1 jet funnel mag alone, and it's still going strong.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's cool. Glock is one of the top selling firearms brands in the world. Bassgasm is right, it has some pretty big implications.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

HK managed it with their USP mags for the jet funnel like 15 years ago, I'm sure Magpul in all of their plastic glory can manage to to make functional polymer magazines for gun that have metal mags traditionally. Hell, I'm going on 2,500 rounds through my number 1 jet funnel mag alone, and it's still going strong.

<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/tmann199030/media/Mobile%20Uploads/uspexpert9mm18rnd_282_detail_zpsdjr7kusq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/tmann199030/Mobile%20Uploads/uspexpert9mm18rnd_282_detail_zpsdjr7kusq.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/tmann199030/media/Mobile%20Uploads/uspexpert9mm18rnd_282_detail_zpsdjr7kusq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/tmann199030/Mobile%20Uploads/uspexpert9mm18rnd_282_detail_zpsdjr7kusq.jpg</a>

Just like Glock, they started with a polymer mag.  It's one thing to design something to be made from polymer, entire nother thing to replace steel with polymer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Except that 87% of pistol owners will never buy more mags than came with the pistol in the box.
View Quote
I'm a 13%er.  By the time the CT laws went into effect, I needed a new safe to store my mags.  Can't hardly wait for the right opportunity to get the fuck out of this state.  Trouble is, my business has been taking off as manufacturing has made a rebound in this area, or at least in the segments I service.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just like Glock, they started with a polymer mag.  It's one thing to design something to be made from polymer, entire nother thing to replace steel with polymer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I might be failing. I thought they designed the USP with metal mags, and polymer came later? If not, my bad. I still feel like modern plastics are capable though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Before today...

View Quote

your entire post is meaningless.

most people never buy more than 1 or extra pistol mags IF that at all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Personally, I hope this is a precursor to other offerings.

Like poly M&P magazines.

And I'll even go so far as to say I could tolerate the loss of a round or two if they could pump them out for $10 a piece.
View Quote

Fuck'in A, Bubba...
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top