BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 158
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do we know that "he's got to return"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question...

When Arya is saying the names of the people she wants to kill, who was the last name and what did he do?

"Cersie, the Mountain, Walder Frey, ???"

Well, at least the Hound's off the list now.  We know he's got to return.  Sandor Clegane, FTW!

because of the foundation laid for animosity between him and gregor and Click To View Spoiler
because of the sparrows/church drama having more effect than it's had in the previous 4 books
because of the sandor/sansa relationship...more of a book thing, we'll see if the show uses the story line
because of the painstaking detail used to describe an anonymous, yet remarkable large monk digging a grave and the unhappy warhorse in the monastery stable
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Jon Snow ain't going no where-he's the ice.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
All that stuff is circumstantial and in no way confirms.  Likely, maybe, but not absolute. Plus. Book is book, show is show.

But yeah the thought had occured to me when I read the books, seemed pretty convenient.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question...

When Arya is saying the names of the people she wants to kill, who was the last name and what did he do?

Well, at least the Hound's off the list now.  We know he's got to return.  Sandor Clegane, FTW!

Faith...

The Hound is dead. Sandor Clegane? Remains to be seen...

In GoT, you gotta see the body...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All that stuff is circumstantial and in no way confirms.  Likely, maybe, but not absolute. Plus. Book is book, show is show.

But yeah the thought had occured to me when I read the books, seemed pretty convenient.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question...

I don't know about "got to," but I think there's a decent chance we'll see him again.  We never witness him die and he's been on the show since the very first episode so if they were going to kill him off I'm inclined to think they'd probably make it obvious like they do with pretty much every other major character that dies.

Plus David and Dan wouldn't confirm nor deny if he died.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Mountain -500

Hound +350

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Apropos nothing,  remember Nymeria, Arya's direwolf? She's still out there somewhere...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Apropos nothing,  remember Nymeria, Arya's direwolf? She's still out there somewhere...
View Quote

When I was reading the Arya chapters in books 2 and 3 I kept hoping she'd find her wolf.

Alas...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Couple speculations:

I don't know if it will happen, but I sure hope that show Cersei descends into madness. That would make for some great drama.

Also, I think Jon Snow's arc is going to be moving forward pretty quickly this season. I am not sure how Samwell's arc is going to shape up, I honestly don't see him going anywhere.

They said this season there is going to be like 5 major character deaths. I don't know what they consider a major character. Here's my guesses:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Couple speculations:

I don't know if it will happen, but I sure hope that show Cersei descends into madness. That would make for some great drama.

Also, I think Jon Snow's arc is going to be moving forward pretty quickly this season. I am not sure how Samwell's arc is going to shape up, I honestly don't see him going anywhere.

They said this season there is going to be like 5 major character deaths. I don't know what they consider a major character. Here's my guesses:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Couple speculations:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

He's been here four years longer than you...
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#13]
It looks like before he died Tywin had that birds and the bees talk with Tommen.  He definitely looks like he knows what's coming up later that night.

Lucky bastard.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Haha, pretty funny with the sliding feature.

Also Daenerys should have been bald after the dragon birth scene.  Personally, I'm glad they changed that part.

And actually Daenerys and Viserys originally had purple eyes on the show.  They even filmed some of the first scenes with Emilia and Harry wearing violet contact lenses, but they later dropped it.  I wish they would have released that footage on the blu ray.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you were a more established/active member (no offense) I'd offer to make a bet with you on it.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#19]

I think they use to be funnier overall, but there's still some good ones in there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#20]
If I'm Bronn I've got be pretty pissed off at this point.

Cersi Lannister made a promise and Bronn kept his end of the deal in the process losing his primary financial benefactor, Tyrion Lannister.  Now he has to go on a daring rescue mission in Dorne with a high probability of failure with the one handed Jamie Lannister based on another promise from another Lannister.  What happened to Lannister's always paying their debts? How does Cersi expect to have people ever make deals with her or be loyal to her if she screws them over?  

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Cersi Lannister made a promise and Bronn kept his end of the deal in the process losing his primary financial benefactor, Tyrion Lannister.  Now he has to go on a daring rescue mission in Dorne with a high probability of failure with the one handed Jamie Lannister based on another promise from another Lannister.  What happened to Lannister's always paying their debts? How does Cersi expect to have people ever make deals with her or be loyal to her if she screws them over?  

View Quote

All Cersei cares about is her ass on the throne. Nothing else. (At least Tywin actually cared about what his family's legacy would be after he died, whether for good or for ill, and he was arguably the smartest of the lot along with his dwarf son)

She may claim to love her children, for example, but more and more it seems to me she really does not know what love is. In fact, the relationship between her and her kids is what I describe more as possessiveness than actual love.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's certainly one possibility.  However, to me Bronn seems to be the type of guy that's always looking for the bigger, better deal so it's likely he would have taken Jaime up on his offer of "a much better girl and a much better castle" even if he had a choice.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

All Cersei cares about is her ass on the throne. Nothing else. (At least Tywin actually cared about what his family's legacy would be after he died, whether for good or for ill, and he was arguably the smartest of the lot along with his dwarf son)

View Quote
Cersei is basically HRC, complete with her own Huma (Taena of Myr, whom she lezzes out with).  Cersei thinks she is the smartest person in the world, but everyone sees right through her.  Cersei thinks that ruling means being utterly ruthless, and ends up hating everyone who isn't one of her toadies.  She doesn't understand the need to put the iron fist in the velvet glove in order to secure allies.  Basically HRC.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

tywin tried to explain to her that folks like the iron bank had to be paid.  she thinks she's powerful enough to avoid paying.  i strongly suspect ser bronn of the blackwater just became ser bronn of the red shirt
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess the spoiler rules are out now?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

everything discussed has been in the last 2 episodes....what are you referring to?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

everything discussed has been in the last 2 episodes....what are you referring to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

tywin tried to explain to her that folks like the iron bank had to be paid.  she thinks she's powerful enough to avoid paying.  i strongly suspect ser bronn of the blackwater just became ser bronn of the red shirt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think they'll off Bronn? Hmmm, well you might be right. How crucial is his character now to the progression of the story? Not much and with the new actors they've added you know they're going to make room by killing people off like Mance.  

Hate to see Bronn go. He's a fan favorite and I'd much rather see him and Tyrion reunited at some point.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

sorry, skipped over that bit.  i didn't think hilary was a player in the war of the roses
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You think they'll off Bronn? Hmmm, well you might be right. How crucial is his character now to the progression of the story? Not much and with the new actors they've added you know they're going to make room by killing people off like Mance.  

Hate to see Bronn go. He's a fan favorite and I'd much rather see him and Tyrion reunited at some point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he could re-enter the book storyline at some point, but so far he appears to be living happily ever after with lollys' gold.  do you really think jaime won't come back from dorne?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's entirely possible, but I hope not.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Mostly dead  
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Mostly dead  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Mostly dead  

"He's been mostly dead all day"

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

he could re-enter the book storyline at some point, but so far he appears to be living happily ever after with lollys' gold.  do you really think jaime won't come back from dorne?
View Quote

Jamie's problem is Cersi. In the book at this point, as you know, he's already really questioning his relationship to his sister (Moonboy and all that).  Jamie is learning in the book that he's not his Dad and having this kind of crisis personally about what kind of role he should play with regards to the Lannisters.

All Jamie ever wanted to be was a Kings Guard. With Danny he has no shot at ever serving under her having been the man actually responsible for killing her dad.  I'd like to see him get an honorable death against the White Walkers, but that's not how GRRM roles.  Chances are he's going to be killed in the books and probably will be killed in the show. Tragic character
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Jamie's problem is Cersi. In the book at this point, as you know, he's already really questioning his relationship to his sister (Moonboy and all that).  Jamie is learning in the book that he's not his Dad and having this kind of crisis personally about what kind of role he should play with regards to the Lannisters.

All Jamie ever wanted to be was a Kings Guard. With Danny he has no shot at ever serving under her having been the man actually responsible for killing her dad.  I'd like to see him get an honorable death against the White Walkers, but that's not how GRRM roles.  Chances are he's going to be killed in the books and probably will be killed in the show. Tragic character

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My prediction is that after Myrcella and Tommen die, he kills Cersei and then kills himself, thus fulfilling Maggie's prophecy.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My prediction is that after Myrcella and Tommen die, he kills Cersei and then kills himself, thus fulfilling Maggie's prophecy.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't think he'll kill himself outright, but could see him dying as he kills cersei...drags her down with his weight into the sea or a well, falls off a parapet while choking her, building collapses on top of them as he strangles her, etc.  maybe even a repeat of him killing aerys, where he saves someone else by killing her and sacrifices himself to do it
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:29:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know,  his redemption arc makes me think he is one of the ones left standing.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

dany's new body double

i'm strangely comfortable with it
View Quote

If she can act and get naked then they should hire her as the replacement.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

It looks like before he died Tywin had that birds and the bees talk with Tommen.  He definitely looks like he knows what's coming up later that night.

Lucky bastard.

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/GOT503_081314_HS_DSC_3248.jpg

View Quote

You got that right.  Lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't know,  his redemption arc makes me think he is one of the ones left standing.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Kingsguard serve for life (except for Selmy, who was dismissed)

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Howdy all.  Well I signed up for HBONow a few weeks ago and marathon'd GOT.  Going to finish up and watch s05e02 later today.  So much craziness.

I was without words after the "The Lannister's send their regards" episode.  Holy shit.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 158
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top