Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 158
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's right. Euron Greyjoy claims to have walked the smoking ruins of Valyria. Although he could be full of it, because his ship the Silence is crewed by guys who can't talk.

It will be cool to see who they cast as Euron. I would like to see Ian McShane be cast as Euron.

For Victarion I'd like to see Ray Stevenson.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Euron Greyjoy for one.

That's right. Euron Greyjoy claims to have walked the smoking ruins of Valyria. Although he could be full of it, because his ship the Silence is crewed by guys who can't talk.

It will be cool to see who they cast as Euron. I would like to see Ian McShane be cast as Euron.

Now THAT is a casting I could definitely get behind.  That'd be awesome.....cocksucker.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Euron Greyjoy for one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just find it odd that nobody has ever made it back from Valyria alive since the Doom.

It's been what? 300 to 400 years since the Doom? Why is it that ships still vanish even sailing near to it and anyone who has attempted to reach it has never returned?

Also, would there be anything left there at all?

A 5,000 year empire with knowledge and wealth beyond anything else in history would be a tempting place to journey to and see if anything of value was left.

Aren't there some captains that claim they sailed through Valyria and survived? As sort of a dare/badass move...

Euron Greyjoy for one.

Only in the book. The Iron Islands have been badly neglected in the show.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Now THAT is a casting I could definitely get behind.  That'd be awesome.....cocksucker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Euron Greyjoy for one.

Only if Mr. Wu gets to be the Red Priest.  "Show me hand cocksucker!"  

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
Some have speculated that the Exodus plagues in Egypt were the reaction to a Greek volcano.  Anyways, the theory was that the Firstborn deaths were due to the Egyptian custom of having the first born sleep inside on the floor for religious reasons, while everyone else slept on the roof.  Apparently, there is some kind of poison fume often associated with volcanoes that can come in off a body of water and kill those sleeping on the ground.  It is only present a foot or so off the ground so unless you are horizontal you are fine.  That could be going on in Valyria.  So you can set foot, but you had better leave before nightfall.  

The Exodus thing was from a show called Exodus Decoded, if anyone is interested.  

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just find it odd that nobody has ever made it back from Valyria alive since the Doom.

It's been what? 300 to 400 years since the Doom? Why is it that ships still vanish even sailing near to it and anyone who has attempted to reach it has never returned?

Also, would there be anything left there at all?

A 5,000 year empire with knowledge and wealth beyond anything else in history would be a tempting place to journey to and see if anything of value was left.

Aren't there some captains that claim they sailed through Valyria and survived? As sort of a dare/badass move...

Euron Greyjoy for one.

because a bunch of dudes on a rock trying to fuck seals ain't worth the airtime
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some have speculated that the Exodus plagues in Egypt were the reaction to a Greek volcano.  Anyways, the theory was that the Firstborn deaths were due to the Egyptian custom of having the first born sleep inside on the floor for religious reasons, while everyone else slept on the roof.  Apparently, there is some kind of poison fume often associated with volcanoes that can come in off a body of water and kill those sleeping on the ground.  It is only present a foot or so off the ground so unless you are horizontal you are fine.  That could be going on in Valyria.  So you can set foot, but you had better leave before nightfall.  

The Exodus thing was from a show called Exodus Decoded, if anyone is interested.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like CO2. IIRC there is a lake in Africa, very deep with volcanic activity that traps CO2 at the bottom. Once in a while it overturns and kills everything on the shoreline.

Anywho, GOT is a fantasy series set in a medieval type world. I'm going with a combination of natural disaster and out-of-control magic.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

He's a real player.  Notice he's not doing the hover hands.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounds like CO2. IIRC there is a lake in Africa, very deep with volcanic activity that traps CO2 at the bottom. Once in a while it overturns and kills everything on the shoreline.

Anywho, GOT is a fantasy series set in a medieval type world. I'm going with a combination of natural disaster and out-of-control magic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

with a touch of "author doesn't want his characters hanging out here"
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I always thought that Daenerys would have at least commissioned a group of men to go to Valyria in an attempt to learn how to tame her dragons and use them in combat. I mean if you've got three baby dragons that you believe you're going to use at some point to take back your family's lost Kingdom wouldn't you want some kind of expertise on how to raise and train them? I mean they are her most valuable asset.

In both the show and the books she's gone a long time without trying to gather any old books or summon a Maester.  Heck, she hasn't even consulted with a  Dothraki horse trainer or a dog trainer or maybe an animal keeper from the gladiator games or whatever. She's basically cared for these dragons like most people would a small dog from a shelter.

Shame on Jorah for dropping the ball and not setting that up for Daenerys.

In the show I would hope that Tyrion starts to try to put something together to help Daenerys turn her presently chained dragons into combat assets.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, I always thought that Daenerys would have at least commissioned a group of men to go to Valyria in an attempt to learn how to tame her dragons and use them in combat. I mean if you've got three baby dragons that you believe you're going to use at some point to take back your family's lost Kingdom wouldn't you want some kind of expertise on how to raise and train them? I mean they are her most valuable asset.

In both the show and the books she's gone a long time without trying to gather any old books or summon a Maester.  Heck, she hasn't even consulted with a  Dothraki horse trainer or a dog trainer or maybe an animal keeper from the gladiator games or whatever. She's basically cared for these dragons like most people would a small dog from a shelter.

In the show I would hope that Tyrion starts to try to put something together to help Daenerys turn her presently chained dragons into combat assets.
View Quote

Who is she going to send? She can literally count on one or two hands among the people she can trust, and even many of those aren't actually trustworthy. Think about this, you're a teenage girl whose sole true claim to power is being related to a failed dynasty in another continent and that she birthed the first surviving dragons in over a century, and she has three of them. You think she's going to entrust information about controlling them to someone she can't trust? Especially after all the attempts to get her dragons through marriage, buying them, or to take them by force or theft.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I would also have liked to see Kevin McKidd cast as Jon Connington, but it seems obvious to me now that their ain't going to be a Griff/YG storyline.
View Quote

It's still possible YG will be on the show, but the fact that he would be more competition for the show's special snowflake does make it seem likely Dumb & Dumber will omit him.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
GoT got nominated for 24 emmys which is more than any other show.

Here are the some of the big ones:

Outstanding Drama Series

Outstanding Supporting Actor
Peter Dinklage

Outstanding Supporting Actress
Lena Headey
Emilia Clarke

Outstanding Guest Actress
Diana Rigg

Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss – Mother’s Mercy

Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series
David Nutter – Mother’s Mercy
Jeremy Podeswa – Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Who is she going to send? She can literally count on one or two hands among the people she can trust, and even many of those aren't actually trustworthy. Think about this, you're a teenage girl whose sole true claim to power is being related to a failed dynasty in another continent and that she birthed the first surviving dragons in over a century, and she has three of them. You think she's going to entrust information about controlling them to someone she can't trust? Especially after all the attempts to get her dragons through marriage, buying them, or to take them by force or theft.

View Quote

Trust the people you send, but don't send people who trust each other.

Jorah messed up.  She should have given him a chance to redeem himself by her what she needs.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Of interesting note: while GoT got 24 nominations this season alone (despite it being the worst season yet) 'The Walking Dead' has only received 13 nominations TOTAL in it's entire five season run.  

All 13 nominations were for minor categories dealing with special effects and sound editing and of the 13 they won two.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

it's a work of fiction and fantasy, not a history or biography.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Jorah messed up.  She should have given him a chance to redeem himself by her what she needs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jorah already proved he's not trustworthy in the books. His sexual infatuation with her is not enough to use to maintain her control on him, as she does not feel similarly to him. So he gets friend zoned and would grow resentful over time.

Tyrion is the only thing real possibility. He already has an inkling who to ask. he doesn't have a role at court so he wouldn't be missed. He can be partially trusted as his crimes in Westeros are too severe to ever go back. And his reputation is that no great lord of wasps would want him for anything more than a freak show attraction.

That means that should Daenarys ever return from the dothraki sea alive with one dragon, she would one real choice to send out for more info (if by then she even feels she needs it).

Her real issue seems more about finding suitable riders for the other two dragons.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Of interesting note: while GoT got 24 nominations this season alone (despite it being the worst season yet) 'The Walking Dead' has only received 13 nominations TOTAL in it's entire five season run.  

All 13 nominations were for minor categories dealing with special effects and sound editing and of the 13 they won two.

View Quote

Because:
A. Award shows are rigged and suck
B. The Walking Dead sucks balls
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Kit Harington was once again seen in Belfast.

I wonder how much longer Dumb & Dumber are going to make everyone on the show continue this farce.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I wonder how much longer Dumb & Dumber are going to make everyone on the show continue this mummer's farce.

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Kit-Harington.jpg

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I wonder how much longer Dumb & Dumber are going to make everyone on the show continue this farce.

View Quote

Kit almost looks like a Jedi with his hair tied back like that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm kind of sad we won't see Wyman Manderly get his revenge by feeding Roose Bolton and the Freys at Winterfell with his "LamFrey Pies" made from the three Frey knights

Easily one of the most impactful events as far as the North goes and they have basically written off the entirety of White Harbor Wyman is far more clever than anyone suspects and far more loyal to Winterfell than all the other houses of the First Men, surprisingly.

One does not simply forego Guest Rites as the Rat Cook could attest to.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought you would have learned your lesson about overplaying your.... *looks at stump* ...position.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#23]
You're a talker. Listening to talkers makes me thirsty.
*drinks Polliver's ale*
...and hungry. Think I'll take two chickens.

I understand if any more words comes pouring out your cunt mouth, I'm going to have to eat every chicken in this room.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Season 7. Fucking Aegon VI out of nowhere leading the remnants of the brotherhood without banners and Kingswood Brotherhood as well as whatever troops the Dornish cough up (all of them). He destroys every Lannister and Clegane left on the planet, save Tyrion, because Tyrion will be named Master of Coin.

Aegon marries Teyene and Darkstar becomes Hand of the King.

Aegon and resurrected Jon Snow/Stark/Targ fight the Others and destroy them with newly made Valyrian steel because Westeros, fuck yeah. A pact is formed, naming Jon King in the North and a boundary is struck just south of Winterfell. No more need for troops at the wall because the zombie horde got crushed, bitches.

Jon marries Dany and they live happily ever after in peace.

Ser Jorah cries himself to sleep. What a girl. Pffft.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably means nothing. I mean, filming will start there soon and he kept his hair and facial hair the same but he's dead and gone. DB & D promised us so. I'm sure he's just vacationing in Ireland and will shave it all off tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Why does Daenerys state that Barristan was her most loyal servant, travelling across the continent to be with her? He only switched sides and served what she considers "the usurper" for 17 years before getting kicked out and only then does he seek her out (knowing she's alive the whole time.) Meanwhile she exiles Jorah, who actually served her and kept her alive from Illyrio's across the Dothraki sea and Red Waste to Qarth to Slaver's Bay. Yeah, so he spied and an assassination attempt was made that he thwarted. Whoopty doo. Drogo's death and her son's was the result of the maegi, not his spying. The Sorrowful Men assassination attempt was a result of her actions in Qarth, not his. I'd say Jorah was much more dutiful after he converted to her... way beyond what Barristan did.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Season 7. Fucking Aegon VI out of nowhere leading the remnants of the brotherhood without banners and Kingswood Brotherhood as well as whatever troops the Dornish cough up (all of them). He destroys every Lannister and Clegane left on the planet, save Tyrion, because Tyrion will be named Master of Coin.
Aegon marries Teyene and Darkstar becomes Hand of the King.
Aegon and resurrected Jon Snow/Stark/Targ fight the Others and destroy them with newly made Valyrian steel because Westeros, fuck yeah. A pact is formed, naming Jon King in the North and a boundary is struck just south of Winterfell. No more need for troops at the wall because the zombie horde got crushed, bitches.
Jon marries Dany and they live happily ever after in peace.
Ser Jorah cries himself to sleep. What a girl. Pffft.
View Quote

The White Walkers swarm over the wall and smash through the Seven Kingdoms.  Jon Snow, raised by Melissandre fighta a valiant defense, rallying the remnants of the Seven Kingdoms.  

Dany and Tyrion land at King's Landing, with Salador San leading the Targaryen fleet.  

They sack King's Landing and Tyrion honors his promise to allow Salador to rape the blond Queen.  Afterwards, Tyrion has Cersei publicly whipped and thrown out of the city for being a whore.  Tells her to "go wherever whores go."  

Darkstar and the Sand Snakes fuck and fight in a confusing arc that goes nowhere, but will be the centerpiece of Season 7 for D&D.  Meawhile Doran continues to hint at the "world's most intricate plot" that never materializes.  

The Ironborn rape and pillage Essos, then return home to sleep it off.  Decide that the whole "King of the Isles and the North" was bollocks.

When all hope seems lost, Jon receives a vision from Bran showing him the place in the Lands of Always Winter where the the Night King can be defeated.  Sam tries to get everyone's attention to point out that almost none of the undead they've been fighting are women, but is ignored by everyone but Gilly.  Sam gets some from Gilly.

Loras has gay sex with someone in a scene that doesn't advance the story in any way.

Jon, Dany, her Dragons and the remainder of the army of Westeros march towards the Lands of Always Winter in a desperate fight to end the White Walkers, guided by Bran.  When they finally reach the valley where the Others are vulnerable, they find themselves surrounded by the army of the Others.  Leading the Others is the true Nights King, not a wright but an imposing giant in black-ice armor.

Knowing it is all but hopeless, Dany unleashes her Dragons, who fly to the Night King and bow before his feet.  He is the Song of Ice and Fire.  The armies of Westeros are utterly destroyed, and Melissandre dies in an explosion of shadow demons after being raped by 1000 wrights.  Jon Snow lays dying on the field as the Nights King towers over him.  He slowly removes his helm and utters one word:

"Hodor"

Hodor was never warged by Bran.  He has been warging Bran the entire time.  Hodor has orchestrated the whole game from the beginning.  Hodor marries Dany and becomes the God-Emperor of Westeros.  It is revealed that the women of Westeros were not killed, but taken to be bred by Hodor.  Westeros is repopulated by Hodor.  

The end.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Guess no one cares about GoT in the off season

Winter is Coming!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Winter is Coming!
View Quote

Right now is all rumors and speculation.

It will pick up in 2016.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It will pick up in 2016.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Winter is Coming!

It will pick up in 2016.

everybody's done all the speculating and we all have our pet theories, now just waiting to see if they come true
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

snip.  

View Quote

Ah, but that was not the end.

The God-Emperor of Westeros becomes the God-Emperor of Man, as he conquers the entire world and renames it Holy Terra. His sons become the Primarchs of the Adaptes Astartes, and he founds a mighty galactic Empire known as the Imperium of Man.

He rules ably for over 10,000 years...until his son, Horus, decides to heresy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The God-Emperor of Westeros becomes the God-Emperor of Man, as he conquers the entire world and renames it Holy Terra. His sons become the Primarchs of the Adaptes Astartes, and he founds a mighty galactic Empire known as the Imperium of Man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip.  

It wasn't heresy.  Horus did it for the lulz.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, from what I have seen so far Kit Harrington has not cut his hair. So, it appears that Jon Snow may not be as dead as we were left to believe.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:16:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip.  

Which led to 10,000 years of the Imperium slowly falling into the fucked up and grim dark state we all know and love.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:29:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Yet again Kit Harrington was spotted in Belfast.  This time with Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei).

I have no idea how Dumb & Dumber could be so naive as to believe they could keep this a secret.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My guess is there plan was for the benefit of the viewers that don't scour the internet for every crumb of news about the show.
View Quote

Thats like three people.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My guess is there plan was for the benefit of the viewers that don't scour the internet for every crumb of news about the show.
View Quote

I think at this point pretty much the only people that are still buying that Jon Snow is dead, gone, and never coming back are a few non-book reading casual watchers of the show that don't know anyone that's a fan of it.

And we're still in July with over 8 months to go until S6 airs.

By that time the only people that will still be buying it are those that are non-book reading casual watchers of the show that were stranded on a deserted island right after viewing the finale.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thats like three people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats like three people.

Haha, yeah pretty much.

At first I thought they were selling that Jon is dead, gone, and never coming back to make his death more impactful right after people saw it.  However, here we are over six weeks after the finale and they are still emphatically selling the charade.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Personally I thought they should have had Jon die, the screen fades to black, and then they cut back to showing him being resurrected as the season ends.  

Jon coming back from the dead will be a huge moment in the show and by thinking they could go over 9 months without people finding out Kit was filming S6 they pretty much ruined any surprise people might have in seeing it.  By the time S6 airs everyone and their mother will know it's coming.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Personally I thought they should have had Jon die, the screen fades to black, and then they cut back to showing him being resurrected as the season ends.  

Jon coming back from the dead will be a huge moment in the show and by thinking they could go over 9 months without people finding out Kit was filming S6 they pretty much ruined any surprise people might have in seeing it.  By the time S6 airs everyone and their mother will know it's coming.

View Quote

This is from the same two people who thought that Asha sounds too much like Osha.

They assume that everyone who watches the show is a mouth breathing rube.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#42]
After Game of Thrones is said and done, I can totally get on board with something like The Witcher being made into a high quality TV series, although it would be significantly more expensive being high fantasy and all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Rumors of Jon's demise are greatly exaggerated
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#44]
hbo executive states john is dead

“Dead is dead. He is dead,” he said. “Yes, everything I’ve seen, heard and read, Jon Snow is indeed dead.”

But the show must go on… for at least three more seasons. Lombardo said at the panel:

“The question is how much beyond the seventh season we’re going to do.”  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
hbo executive states john is dead

“Dead is dead. He is dead,” he said. “Yes, everything I’ve seen, heard and read, Jon Snow is indeed dead.”

But the show must go on… for at least three more seasons. Lombardo said at the panel:

“The question is how much beyond the seventh season we’re going to do.”  
View Quote

what is dead may never die.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

After Game of Thrones is said and done, I can totally get on board with something like The Witcher being made into a high quality TV series, although it would be significantly more expensive being high fantasy and all.
View Quote
There has never been a good movie or TV series based off of a video game.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but you'd basically need a GRRM level author with complete freedom to rewrite the material to fit it into a good plot arc.  The two art forms are just different enough that it makes it very tricky.  For instance, one issue is the use of magic/sci-fi elements.  In a game you want lots of these.  Everyone having magic everything gear with their dragon mount (especially if any of that is a micro transaction).  In a movie you need to be very careful of that.  Each magical or sci-fi element is potentially a deus ex machina and plot hole wrapped up into one.  For instance, if Gandalf was even a moderately high AD&D Wizard he could just teleport to Mt. Doom and chuck the One Ring into the fire.  Game over.  Tolkien was very careful not to make his supernatural elements too supernatural, so it didn't lose the human elements that the audience relates to.

I read a very humorous take on if Tolkien was done as an AD&D adventure.  Very hilarious and highlights some of the issues.  I highly recommend it.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There has never been a good movie or TV series based off of a video game.  

View Quote

false.

resident evil.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

false.

resident evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

false.

resident evil.

The first one was okay.

They're making a "The Last of Us" movie based off the game and it sounds like it has the potential to be pretty good.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
false.

resident evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

false.

resident evil.
I was thinking more fantasy or sci fi.  Zombie is sort of its own genre.  But Resident Evil was fun precisely because they cherry picked elements from various games to make a traditional gun-pr0n zombie flick.  You'd have to do something similar for AD&D or The Witcher.  Just take the basic themes/universe and write a unique story in there.  I always thought the Dragonlance: Legends would be a good one since it already made the jump from game to book.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The first one was okay.

They're making a "The Last of Us" movie based off the game and it sounds like it has the potential to be pretty good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

false.

resident evil.

The first one was okay.

i thought the first one was great, given the limitations they were working with.  the only thing that held it back was the limited FX budget, and the godawful acting of michelle "movie wrecker" rodriguez.  the rest were indeed crap.

'silent hill' was also quite good.

i don't disagree with HC's overall point--it's difficult to adapt the video game experience to screen drama.  it's similar to adapting a stephen king novel to the screen--the media are just so different that it's hard to make a satisfying movie while still maintaining what made the original so effective.  in king's case, his stories play out as mindscapes, and the external action is a sideshow.  hard to do this on film--only good ones that come to mind are shawshank and dolores claiborne.
Page / 158
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top