Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/5/2015 9:00:49 PM EDT
We are moving into our new house and it's been crazy loading and unloading cars full of our stuff.  We must have left our cars unlocked in the hustle of unloading cars all day.  They got my Glock 17, Springfield XDS, Oakley sunglasses and some loose change. Fuck me I am always on top of keeping my cars locked too but going a million different directions last few days caused me to slip up.  This is the first time I've ever had my car broke into and we live in a nice area too.

UPDATE:  Just call a call from the detective.  They got my guns back!  Another town pulled over an 18 year old punk kid and found one of my pistols in his car.  He was arrested and when they questioned him he squealed on his three other buddies and they went and searched his room and they found my Glock 17.  He was 16 years old.  The other two are going to get arrested tomorrow.  There was a group of 4 of them driving around checking for unlocked cars.  The detective said once they told him he is being charged with felony theft of firearms he lawyered up but he already ratted out his buddies so fuck him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
fuck thieves! >:(
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We are moving into our new house and it's been crazy loading and unloading cars full of our stuff.  We must have left our cars unlocked in the hustle of unloading cars all day.  They got my Glock 17, Springfield XDS, Oakley sunglasses and some loose change. Fuck me I am always on top of keeping my cars locked too but going a million different directions last few days caused me to slip up.  This is the first time I've ever had my car broke into and we live in a nice area too.
View Quote

Be very careful OP..I assume you called the cops?..whatever you do, if you hear anyone breaking in over the next week or two..get on the ground as fast as you can.......I hate thieves....I had a brand NIB glock 20 a stolen out of my truck a couple years ago...
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Be very careful OP..I assume you called the cops?..whatever you do, if you hear anyone breaking in over the next week or two..get on the ground as fast as you can.......I hate thieves....I had a brand NIB glock 20 a stolen out of my truck a couple years ago...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I did call the cops and they came out and recorded the serial numbers of the pistols and dusted for prints.  They said a detective would be calling me in the next day or so.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
That fuking sucks. I planned my move around the safe mover guy. I almost had a panic attack for that very reason you listed before we moved. Hopefully, the scum ND's into their nutsacks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That fuking sucks. I planned my move around the safe mover guy. I almost had a panic attack for that very reason you listed before we moved. Hopefully, the scum ND's into their nutsacks.
View Quote

I got a Champion Medalist 45 being delivered tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, I did call the cops and they came out and recorded the serial numbers of the pistols and dusted for prints.  They said a detective would be calling me in the next day or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah  that was a joke from another thread....anyway, yeah cops did the same with me.. its actually been 4 years since..hmm...been hoping they would recover it(up here you must identify if you have a gun on /around you, and they run almost all serials......),,
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Hope they didn't steal your anal tattoo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Neighbor at old place or new place was watching you move and pounced when they knew they had some time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#10]
No you don't live in a nice area, you just thought you did.  Evidently crime is a problem there.  Now you know.  Sorry for your loss though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Neighbor at old place or new place was watching you move and pounced when they knew they had some time.
View Quote

Cops said the moving PODS sitting in your driveway are a magnet for thieves.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Not to be "that guy" but I never understand why the fuck people leave their weapons in their car unattended.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Whenever I move, guns are typically the first thing that goes into the new place and last thing out and I watch them very closely. I also always carry them covered up/disguised. I don't want anyone watching knowing what I have.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Sorry to hear that.  Shit happens when your mind is all tied up with other stuff so don't beat yourself up over this.  Thieves should have both their hands cut off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not to be "that guy" but I never understand why the fuck people leave their weapons in their car unattended.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/063/arguecat.png
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Hell of a welcome to the neighborhood
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sounds like you picked a GREAT neighborhood to move into.  
View Quote

Plenty of crime happens in nice affluent neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#18]
One of your neighbors, perhaps?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#19]
hope they catch the asswipes
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

No you don't live in a nice area, you just thought you did.  Evidently crime is a problem there.  Now you know.  Sorry for your loss though.
View Quote

If you were a thief, would you hit a poor area, or a nice area (where people probably don't lock their doors)?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#21]
PD take down the sernos for the system?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Stole his grip zone. Savages.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Why did you leave your guns in the car over night?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you were a thief, would you hit a poor area, or a nice area (where people probably don't lock their doors)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thieves are equal opportunists.  They hit anywhere and everywhere they think think they can get away with it, poor or rich.  I hate thieves.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.
Sure there is a lot of crime in "the bad part of town", but thieves frequent nice areas as well.  It makes sense to go hit the nice area because people have nice stuff in the nice area.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#26]
You have been around long enough to read stuff like this and know better, but yet you leave unattended firearms in an unlocked car.

If you would have been a teener or had a low post count, people would have called you an idiot.

Good luck in your new neighborhood.  The thieves now know you are a gun owner and you will be a mark.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My car was broken into and ipad was stolen. (luckily I got it back)
Not a bad area either, not considered the hood by any means.

I hope the OP can get his stuff back.

Fucking thieves.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah, so nice the thieves steal shit from your car during the day.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am very sorry....

Fwiw I had a friend that made a quick stop at highway truck stop to relieve himself due to some bad food the night before and did not lock his truck.
Lost his Samsung smart phone and a Bench Made Griptillian.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I got a stolen gun back that my dipshit brother left unattended.  Hopefully you will get lucky too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Came to post this.  If you aren't willing to get in the habit of moving one or multiple guns from house to vehicle and back to house; Then don't put them in your vehicle.  Otherwise don't cry when this kind of thing happens, Or if you must have a gun in the vehicle at all times then keep a Hi-point in there and at least then you only lost $100.  Take the more expensive guns back inside at night.

Part of being a responsible gun owner is properly securing your arms.  An unattended vehicle (locked or unlocked) is not properly securing your arms.  Anybody can break into a locked vehicle if they want.

Either way, that sucks OP and I hope you recover your pistols before they get pawned or used in a much worse crime.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This
we are only human. however this is the exact reason why i literally have to put my foot down every time the wife unit wants to load guns first for a trip when she knows dam well that we both need to make 3-5 more trips to and from the car to be ready.

she stops argueing when i say "the guns go in now and i stay outside with the vehicle, OR we can load everything TOGETHER and put the guns in last.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Well...

First, shame on you OP. Second, we all know you're kicking yourself. Third, sorry to hear you got hit. Fourth, fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Welcome to the neighborhood!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry for your troubles OP, hope they catch the bastard
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#37]
We're in MO? St. Louis Area?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Whenever I move, guns are typically the first thing that goes into the new place and last thing out and I watch them very closely. I also always carry them covered up/disguised. I don't want anyone watching knowing what I have.
View Quote

So much this.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#39]
How the hell did you forget your guns?

I know where my guns are.  Every single one of them 100% of the time.

I know where my guns are more than I know where my wife is.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Damn, now you know why the previous owners sold....
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I never wanted my neighbors to see what I had, so I always waited till the middle of the night to start moving.  Kept the lights off too just in case somebody woke up and tried to scope out all my stuff.  Funny thing, I always ended up with the police coming by to help me keep an eye on things.  They must have hated those bastard thieving neighbors too!

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry to hear

Fuck thieves
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

GD never stops amazing me. You people are amazing. Apparently criminals don't own cars, in your mind. The highest end neighborhoods are more prone to robbery. You just don't hear about it.

There's always people raiding cars and houses near me in Hunting Valley. The 2000 census ranked it the 6th highest-income place USA.     You can't evade crime in your fantasy dream world.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I love living in da hood.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry for your loss OP
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Hope you get your stuff back OP.

Soon.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#47]
That sucks, man.

Another reason not to leave an unsecured gun in your car is if you had heard them break in an went to confront them, they now have a weapon.

(a member posted here a while ago about his buddy, he got shot with his own gun because he surprised a car burglar)
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Came to post this.  If you aren't willing to get in the habit of moving one or multiple guns from house to vehicle and back to house; Then don't put them in your vehicle.  Otherwise don't cry when this kind of thing happens, Or if you must have a gun in the vehicle at all times then keep a Hi-point in there and at least then you only lost $100.  Take the more expensive guns back inside at night.

Part of being a responsible gun owner is properly securing your arms.  An unattended vehicle (locked or unlocked) is not properly securing your arms.  Anybody can break into a locked vehicle if they want.

Either way, that sucks OP and I hope you recover your pistols before they get pawned or used in a much worse crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Oh fuck man cut it some slack!!
And yes anyone can break into your house and steal your guns as well.
I SHOULD KNOW AS IT HAS Happened to me and countless others.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#49]
That sucks Op. Ive had my car broke into a couple times over the years in nice freaking parts of town so I dont take any chances anymore leaving shit in them.
Although I did fall asleep early and forget my 45 over night in my car in St. Louis a couple months ago.
I was in panic mode when I couldnt find it the next morning, My wife walks out and pulls it straight out from under her seat where I had just been frantically sweeping my arm under trying to figure out where it went.
I still dont know what kind of sorcery or witchcraft she used to pull that off but fuck was I relieved.
Hope you get your shit back and the thieves get hit by a truck.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Fuck thieves.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top