Page / 28
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Page 4!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That isn't a bad explanation except that everyone knows Raylan ain't the type to be bought. Surely that word has circulated the streets by now.

Didn't think Dewey would get a haircut so soon. I'm gonna miss his dimwitted banter.

Where the F is Dickey Bennett and Wynn "Eyebrows" Duffy? Surely they're still lurking about...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There has to be some reason for the attempted purchase.  Until proven otherwise I'm going with, giant high tech meth lab under the house, or priceless art stolen by the Nazis is hidden in Arlo's grave.

I think it might be more about Raylan than the property.  Trying to get him on the payroll maybe?

That isn't a bad explanation except that everyone knows Raylan ain't the type to be bought. Surely that word has circulated the streets by now.

Didn't think Dewey would get a haircut so soon. I'm gonna miss his dimwitted banter.

Where the F is Dickey Bennett and Wynn "Eyebrows" Duffy? Surely they're still lurking about...

The previews after the show did show Dickey... but no Duffy.  He should show up though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:55:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm almost thinking ole Dewey knew he was fixing to die...

When Boyd was talking about his granddaddy and uncle and union brothers having the look in their eye and telling Dewey to look closer, Dewey had to wipe a few tears out of his eyes, made me think he knew it was time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:34:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It just seemed like a clumsy bribe attempt to me. Hopefully theres more to it than that, trying to bribe a marshal in front of another marshal wouldn't be the wisest of actions. Maybe setting it up so Raylan looks corrupt later?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it might be more about Raylan than the property.  Trying to get him on the payroll maybe?
Could be.  I'd think that if they really wanted the house, they could send a normal looking couple to buy it instead of some shady looking guy with a briefcase full of cash.

It just seemed like a clumsy bribe attempt to me. Hopefully theres more to it than that, trying to bribe a marshal in front of another marshal wouldn't be the wisest of actions. Maybe setting it up so Raylan looks corrupt later?

A photo from some distance off would show this guy offering Raylan a suitcase full of cash......to discredit him, show the photo in court.

Probably a plot by that woman that was pushing Crowder into robbing banks instead of running drugs...

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thought they'd found something behind the wall at one point, in that house, when Arlo was still alive?
View Quote

that was the bag and ID that led them to chasing down Sheriff Shelby (aka Bobby from Supernatural) and Art's infamous "Badass" rant.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm almost thinking ole Dewey knew he was fixing to die...

When Boyd was talking about his granddaddy and uncle and union brothers having the look in their eye and telling Dewey to look closer, Dewey had to wipe a few tears out of his eyes, made me think he knew it was time.
View Quote
Dewey isn't that smart in my opinion.  He knows Boyd is.  He thought Boyd was trying to teach him something.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Look at the flowers Dewey...just look at the flowers.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
nice mudflaps tim

View Quote

Is that really his personal vehicle, or just a seizure?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
nice mudflaps tim

don't know.  the rerun from last season showed his suburban or tahoe getting hit while he was chasing daryl crowe.  not sure what the story is on what he was driving, but it made me lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Is Ava's house the same house that was in the final season of Son's of Anarchy?

I hate that this series will be over in a few months
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:25:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Everybody dies, maybe a freak meth cooking accident.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone is going to die....just a prediction

I'll raise that several someones is gonna die...

Everybody dies, maybe a freak meth cooking accident.

As long as it's not via an M60 and a garage door opener in the trunk.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:28:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Great show with great characters and writing. Glad it's going out on top.

View Quote

Yea, except for the whole Colt, MP, Bagram, Iraq thing...that was lame.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Better yet when he had to explain it to Art and the others.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure it was, it was mentioned in the SOA thread too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I was little surprised to see Dewy killed in the fist episode of the season.

No idea about the guy offering to buy the house from Rayland.

Art seems to know whats up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think Raylan will survive but gets fired from the Marshals (ends the show essentially) for how he goes after Boyd who'll end up dead.
View Quote

This is what I figure...even though Raylan's already had a few "Dirty Harry" moments, I think he'll have to choose between Boyd and his wife/daughter or something like that and he'll dust Boyd at the expense of his star.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was little surprised to see Dewy killed in the fist episode of the season.
View Quote

I was disappointed.  Dewey was hilarious.  Probably the most "true-to-life" character on the show.  Dumb as a stump, can't see past the next 5 minutes of his life, and will work like a dog... as long as it's at something dishonest.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This is what I figure...even though Raylan's already had a few "Dirty Harry" moments, I think he'll have to choose between Boyd and his wife/daughter or something like that and he'll dust Boyd at the expense of his star.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Raylan will survive but gets fired from the Marshals (ends the show essentially) for how he goes after Boyd who'll end up dead.

Fired? I doubt he'll get fired but they'll probably force him out much in the way guys get forced out of the .mil and such. Same ending just without the whole "fired" nomenclature.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Did I miss the new one?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked it, I think it was a way to get more of Tim in the story. Sort of the opposite side of Tim like Raylan is the opposite of Boyd.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I liked it, I think it was a way to get more of Tim in the story. Sort of the opposite side of Tim like Raylan is the opposite of Boyd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good way to put it
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tomorrow night!
View Quote

Whoa, shit, I let that one slip by me, and I've been looking forward to it.

Better check the DVR when I get home!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Guy trying to buy Raylans house was the droop eyed cocksucker that shot Wild Bill in Deadwood.  Lots of characters from Deadwood in this show.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm about 98% sure this is how the season will end:

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#27]

I'm about 98% sure this is how the season will end:

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I must've missed that. All I remember about that part of Tim's character was that he was a Battalion sniper in Afghanistan prior to joining the Marshal's Service.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I must've missed that. All I remember about that part of Tim's character was that he was a Battalion sniper in Afghanistan prior to joining the Marshal's Service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't remember exactly, but when Tim and Colt first met up in the mountains (while Raylan and Boyd were escaping hill folk), he got to talking to Colt and mentioned something about his boots.  He knew Colt had served in some form or fashion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I can't remember exactly, but when Tim and Colt first met up in the mountains (while Raylan and Boyd were escaping hill folk), he got to talking to Colt and mentioned something about his boots.  He knew Colt had served in some form or fashion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh shit I forgot all about that guy, Colton; same dude that played Mike Durant in BHD.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he had an army buddy that was a junkie or in rehab.  colt (ron eldard) killed him over drugs.  he was an mp that boyd knew from the sandbox.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a theory on how it ends, but before I post it up and sound dumb, somebody help me out here with a fact check. How many people has Boyd killed that didn't have it coming? The only one I remember was the old man he was forced to kill to keep Eva alive. Leaving Dewey aside for the moment, as I think a case could be made that Boyd felt it was a mercy, I can't think of any others. Am I wrong?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have a theory on how it ends, but before I post it up and sound dumb, somebody help me out here with a fact check. How many people has Boyd killed that didn't have it coming? The only one I remember was the old man he was forced to kill to keep Eva alive. Leaving Dewey aside for the moment, as I think a case could be made that Boyd felt it was a mercy, I can't think of any others. Am I wrong?
View Quote

There was that guy on the bridge in the premier episode.  But Boyd thought he might be an FBI plant (but it turned out that he wasn't one).
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I cant wait to see what they do with Sam Elliot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
There was that guy on the bridge in the premier episode.  But Boyd thought he might be an FBI plant (but it turned out that he wasn't one).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought about that guy, and I kind of put him into the 'had it coming' camp. I seem to recall that he turned out to be a real bad guy, but doing an honest assessment here, Boyd had no way of knowing that, unless maybe he knew enough about him to know he was a scumbag even if he was wrong about him being an informant.

What I'm getting at here is that I am trying to work out here is whether or not Boyd has done anything that puts him firmly in the 'evil' camp. We know he's a criminal, certainly, but I can't recall a time when he's gone after innocents. He's pretty much kept his nefarious stuff within the confines of the criminal community, and he's shown mercy and loyalty, as well as remorse and shame when he was responsible for deaths he didn't intend, like when they blew up the meth lab and there was a guy inside he didn't know was there. I don't recall him having done anything that had him crossing the moral event horizon. For the most part, it seems to me Boyd tried rejecting the life he was born into, then fighting it, then accepting that maybe the best he could do would be to try to control things. But as he is coming to realize, none of those has been the right path, and now he just wants out.

Boyd is at worst a minor evil, and Raylen's obsession with going after him is starting to seem pretty dark. Raylan went so far as to contemplate murdering Boyd in cold blood in his conversation with Art, and didn't really seem to get it when Art was saying, in a gentle way, that Raylan was acting like a loose cannon.

I think there are some big forces arraying against Raylan, as indicated by the guy with the suitcase full of cash, and Raylan is vulnerable because he is too worried about Boyd.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I thought about that guy, and I kind of put him into the 'had it coming' camp. I seem to recall that he turned out to be a real bad guy, but doing an honest assessment here, Boyd had no way of knowing that, unless maybe he knew enough about him to know he was a scumbag even if he was wrong about him being an informant.

What I'm getting at here is that I am trying to work out here is whether or not Boyd has done anything that puts him firmly in the 'evil' camp. We know he's a criminal, certainly, but I can't recall a time when he's gone after innocents. He's pretty much kept his nefarious stuff within the confines of the criminal community, and he's shown mercy and loyalty, as well as remorse and shame when he was responsible for deaths he didn't intend, like when they blew up the meth lab and there was a guy inside he didn't know was there. I don't recall him having done anything that had him crossing the moral event horizon. For the most part, it seems to me Boyd tried rejecting the life he was born into, then fighting it, then accepting that maybe the best he could do would be to try to control things. But as he is coming to realize, none of those has been the right path, and now he just wants out.

Boyd is at worst a minor evil, and Raylen's obsession with going after him is starting to seem pretty dark. Raylan went so far as to contemplate murdering Boyd in cold blood in his conversation with Art, and didn't really seem to get it when Art was saying, in a gentle way, that Raylan was acting like a loose cannon.

I think there are some big forces arraying against Raylan, as indicated by the guy with the suitcase full of cash, and Raylan is vulnerable because he is too worried about Boyd.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

didn't boyd fire a rocket into a church in the fist episode or season?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I don't believe its remorse, Boyd is all about business and tries to keep collateral damage to a minimum because its bad for business.  He is a cold blooded ruthless killer, likable to an extent but broken beyond repair.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why must they take my show away?
View Quote

It's better than letting it go on and get stale.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Like others have already stated, episode one ended with raylan shooting boyd at ava's house. One of the season 6 teasers this year showed a scene where boyd and raylan were, once again, staring each other down in ava's (burning) home while ava herself was slipping out her front door and leaving them alone. Well, last year, there was a trailer that featured a crow flying around harlan and that was also the season the crowe family from florida made their move to the hills of kentucky. So the flying crow in the season 5 tease was a clue about the crowe family becoming a greater thorn in raylan's flesh in the season 5 episodes. In the same way, I think ava's burning house---with raylan and boyd staring each other down inside of it----might also be a clue as to how things go down this season. Boyd and raylan will burn each other (and everything around them) up but, somehow, ava will escape but she'll lose everything she owns in the process. So, the black knight and white knight will go out in a blaze of glory for each other (and the girl, too). However, the damsel in the distress will get away and leave the two knights to fight it out with each other and all they will get for their troubles will be the smoking ashes of everything they both have worked for the previous five seasons.

I predict dewey, boyd and art will all die this year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly, Boyd was supposed to go out on a meat wagon just like Elmore's first rendition of Raylan Given's book "Fire in the Hole", which I've read.  

Boyd's popularity has been reflected in virtually every season's trailer teaser since.  Everyone one of those trailer teasers has never been reflected in the show though (recall Raylan and Boyd charging down the alley a couple years ago?).  So I suspect this is the season that it finally happens.

So I think the bigger question is will it end with just Boyd's death or both of them (like someone mentioned above)?  Somebody should do a poll.

Like others have already stated, episode one ended with raylan shooting boyd at ava's house. One of the season 6 teasers this year showed a scene where boyd and raylan were, once again, staring each other down in ava's (burning) home while ava herself was slipping out her front door and leaving them alone. Well, last year, there was a trailer that featured a crow flying around harlan and that was also the season the crowe family from florida made their move to the hills of kentucky. So the flying crow in the season 5 tease was a clue about the crowe family becoming a greater thorn in raylan's flesh in the season 5 episodes. In the same way, I think ava's burning house---with raylan and boyd staring each other down inside of it----might also be a clue as to how things go down this season. Boyd and raylan will burn each other (and everything around them) up but, somehow, ava will escape but she'll lose everything she owns in the process. So, the black knight and white knight will go out in a blaze of glory for each other (and the girl, too). However, the damsel in the distress will get away and leave the two knights to fight it out with each other and all they will get for their troubles will be the smoking ashes of everything they both have worked for the previous five seasons.

I predict dewey, boyd and art will all die this year.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:57:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

yes it is

and I agree

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:00:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

yup, but it was a doper church run so no big shakes

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

because "daylong" is a dirty cop

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someone remind me hy art and daylong had a falling out about?

because "daylong" is a dirty cop

Specifically, Raylan told Art that he was the federal officer present at the airport when Sonny executed Nicky.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#44]
i just started season 5...such a good show
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, but I think it was empty. The preacher/leader didn't even get hurt. Raylan caught him growing pot in an old lady's back yard later in the show.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I was imagining things

Thank you

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah, but I think it was empty. The preacher/leader didn't even get hurt. Raylan caught him growing pot in an old lady's back yard later in the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my point was just to counter the Boyd Dindu Nuffin argument.  dopers or not, the flag of convenience he used at the time was that it was a black church and when we were first introduced to Boyd he was at least pretending to be aryan brotherhood or some fictional version of them
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
my point was just to counter the Boyd Dindu Nuffin argument.  dopers or not, the flag of convenience he used at the time was that it was a black church and when we were first introduced to Boyd he was at least pretending to be aryan brotherhood or some fictional version of them
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, I would never go so far as that. Boyd is clearly an outlaw. I am just mulling over whether he is evil, and therefore deserving of a villain's death for the audience to feel satisfied, or if it's possible he might redeem himself somehow and either die trying to do something right, or maybe escape with Eva and go live as a farmer somewhere far away, hard lessons learned.

Basically, I am trying to decide what is a 'justified' fate for him, based on his actions. My thought is that Boyd is not too far gone yet.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#49]
I guess once Justified has ended we can (re)watch Deadwood.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nah, I would never go so far as that. Boyd is clearly an outlaw. I am just mulling over whether he is evil, and therefore deserving of a villain's death for the audience to feel satisfied, or if it's possible he might redeem himself somehow and either die trying to do something right, or maybe escape with Eva and go live as a farmer somewhere far away, hard lessons learned.

Basically, I am trying to decide what is a 'justified' fate for him, based on his actions. My thought is that Boyd is not too far gone yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that makes more sense and i tend to agree with a lot of it.  if the crowder family had stuck to running moonshine and drove an orange charger, we might be rooting for them to outwit Boss Art and Deputy Raylan's scheme of the week every tuesday night and admiring ava's ass as she climbed in and out of a lifted jep wearing some nice short cutoffs and a tank top
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top