Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 71
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.  Monza, Spa, and Suzuka are fucking sacred ground.  You can take ANY of the other tracks off the calendar and I wouldn't give a damn, but don't touch those three.

I mean hell, it's ITALY!  You HAVE to have an Italian track.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With these big, flat, technical tracks F1 can at times look like an autocross in big parking lot rather than a race.

I'm concur. And there's talk of dropping Monza.

I miss this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC5953o0rrU

Fuck Bernie right up the ass with the 2008 Honda RA108for his threats against Monza.

This.  Monza, Spa, and Suzuka are fucking sacred ground.  You can take ANY of the other tracks off the calendar and I wouldn't give a damn, but don't touch those three.

I mean hell, it's ITALY!  You HAVE to have an Italian track.  

This is what that stupid old fuck had to say about Monza when asked about how we can't lose another great classic track.

He said: "I'll tell you something ... I was told that when we didn't have a race in France. And Germany. Now, we've got some good replacements, haven't we?"

No, No we don't have some good replacements.  We've just got more Tilke shit.  Mr. Ecclestone the best part of my day today was waking up and knowing that we are one day closer to your death.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This is from a Live 24 Racing app article on my phone. This is the last paragraph.

"The PDVSA-backed Lotus Driver, however, insists his reputation as a crasher is undeserved. "When Pastor crashes, it's big news," said Maldanad. "When the other people crash, there is no news. To find the limit, you need to cross the limit. I think I have the big balls to cross the limit every time." He is yet to score a point in 2015."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is from a Live 24 Racing app article on my phone. This is the last paragraph.

"The PDVSA-backed Lotus Driver, however, insists his reputation as a crasher is undeserved. "When Pastor crashes, it's big news," said Maldanad. "When the other people crash, there is no news. To find the limit, you need to cross the limit. I think I have the big balls to cross the limit every time." He is yet to score a point in 2015."

Dayummm... there's is so much denial and chronic lying going on in the world today that I sometimes wonder if it's MY perception that's all backwards. The guy is a rear echelon (DANGEROUS) F1 driver who wouldn't be anywhere NEAR an F1 track if he didn't bring big money to the table. I guess that he's like a rock star who's had so much smoke blown up his ass throughout his life that he just can't see what a turd he really is.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

These are in no order what so ever.

1. COTA
2. Albert Park
3. Imola
4. Magny-Cours
5. Monaco
6. Montreal
7. Monza
8. Silverstone
9. A1 Ring
10. Spa
11. Suzuka
12. Catalunya
13. Nurburgring
14. Interlagos
15. Sepang
16. Hockenheim
17. Hungaroring
18. Yas Marina
19. Elkart Lake Road America (It's grade 2... just a little work and it could happen!!! )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This can be fun, let's play a game.

Here is a list of FIA graded circuits. (.pdf warning) It is missing Sochi and COTA. Make a 19 or 20 race schedule in the order you would want them. Include any street race, too. If it's a track we don't see often or anymore try to comment why you'd like to see it.

Remember, you can only race at Grade 1 Circuits, although I believe there's some type of exception for temporary road/street courses. For fun and reference, here's a list of all of the F1 tracks ever used.

What can you come up with?

1. COTA
2. Albert Park
3. Imola
4. Magny-Cours
5. Monaco
6. Montreal
7. Monza
8. Silverstone
9. A1 Ring
10. Spa
11. Suzuka
12. Catalunya
13. Nurburgring
14. Interlagos
15. Sepang
16. Hockenheim
17. Hungaroring
18. Yas Marina
19. Elkart Lake Road America (It's grade 2... just a little work and it could happen!!! )

Meh... I like most of the tracks that F1 has raced on and is currently racing on. Bahrain is nice. Austin is nice. Monaco will always be my favorite though (as much because of the elite atmosphere as anything).
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do you really need your phone going bananas on race weekends?
I generally assume Pastor is going to hit something or someone every time he gets into a race car.
He should be in touring cars.  Those guys are supposed  to hit each other.

Bookmarking the app.  It's a neat idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you really need your phone going bananas on race weekends?
I generally assume Pastor is going to hit something or someone every time he gets into a race car.
He should be in touring cars.  Those guys are supposed  to hit each other.

Bookmarking the app.  It's a neat idea.

I prefer just using the Did Pastor Crash twitter page.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn good race.  Bahrain always seem to make for an exciting weekend.

Now, the $87,000 question, which way is Nico's head gonna go after this race?  He nutted up and drove the wheels off passing Ferraris, but then either was let down by the brakes or screwed up (we'll likely never know which for sure) and gave 2nd back to Kimi.  Hopefully he'll "takeaway" the good part of his race and start to mount a real challenge to Hamilton.  

Ferrari continues to impress... awesome to see Kimi on the podium again.  Kudos to Vettel, I was watching an interview where the interviewer (Will Buxton maybe, I don't remember), gave him an "out" for his costly trip off track that screwed up his front wing (and cost him a podium at least), asked if there was a problem with the wing that caused the off instead of vice-versa, and Sebastian bluntly stood up and admitted that the car was fine, he just drove too hard into the corner and fucked up.  That's how you get a team behind you.
View Quote

I noted that too. Very mature of him. He's been growing that way for a while now. Even last year, he had a few melt-downs here and there, but he eventually gritted his teeth and just took it like a man. He's as mature as most of the other drivers aside from Kimi, Alonso, and Button. I'm glad to see both him and Kimi doing well at Ferrari. And I hope they are able to keep it coming and by the end of the season, be the two drivers to beat (yeah... I'm dreaming but at least this year it's not a total pipe dream). I'd also love to see Alonso and Button come WAY up the standings (and I think they will).
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Kimi:  in Finland, all there is is fishing and fucking.  And in the winter, the fishing is bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great to see Kimi on the podium!  

It seemed like his attitude irritated Jackie a bit, but hey, that's Kimi.  If he doesn't win, don't expect him to be giddy.  Shit, even when he wins he doesn't get giddy.  Only when he's drunk, does he get giddy.  

Kimi:  in Finland, all there is is fishing and fucking.  And in the winter, the fishing is bad.

LOL... I'd never seen that quote. Ya gotta love the guy for being so damn... KIMI! Hell... I watch post-race interviews more for him than anyone else (despite Seb being my #1 racer).
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Meh... I like most of the tracks that F1 has raced on and is currently racing on. Bahrain is nice. Austin is nice. Monaco will always be my favorite though (as much because of the elite atmosphere as anything).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is a list of FIA graded circuits. (.pdf warning) It is missing Sochi and COTA. Make a 19 or 20 race schedule in the order you would want them. Include any street race, too. If it's a track we don't see often or anymore try to comment why you'd like to see it.

Remember, you can only race at Grade 1 Circuits, although I believe there's some type of exception for temporary road/street courses. For fun and reference, here's a list of all of the F1 tracks ever used.

1. COTA
2. Albert Park
3. Imola
4. Magny-Cours
5. Monaco
6. Montreal
7. Monza
8. Silverstone
9. A1 Ring
10. Spa
11. Suzuka
12. Catalunya
13. Nurburgring
14. Interlagos
15. Sepang
16. Hockenheim
17. Hungaroring
18. Yas Marina

One they I do like about the modern F1 tracks is their overall presentation and beauty. They might not be the most entertaining, but they are on another level when it comes to overall quality.

This has ruined me for some of the "classic" American locations which look like back woods afterthoughts in comparison. The juxtaposition of a WEC Audi/Porsche on them is just sad.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

One they I do like about the modern F1 tracks is their overall presentation and beauty. They might not be the most entertaining, but they are on another level when it comes to overall quality.

This has ruined me for some of the "classic" American locations which look like back woods afterthoughts in comparison. The juxtaposition of a WEC Audi/Porsche on them is just sad.
View Quote

Totally agree. Bahrain is just beautiful at night. And Austin sure looks great in the day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The guy is a rear echelon (DANGEROUS) F1 driver who wouldn't be anywhere NEAR an F1 track if he didn't bring big money to the table. I guess that he's like a rock star who's had so much smoke blown up his ass throughout his life that he just can't see what a turd he really is.
View Quote

Haters gonna hate.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Sochi sucked last year.  I know it is new and Putin is trying to put Russia back on the international sports map but when you don't really need a pit strategy and can run the whole race on one set of tires then that track sucks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I "hate" Hamilton
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sochi sucked last year.  I know it is new and Putin is trying to put Russia back on the international sports map but when you don't really need a pit strategy and can run the whole race on one set of tires then that track sucks.
View Quote

The refueling rules are to blame for that in my opinion.

In the last year I've watched almost all the races from 2004 to present. It becomes clear that they (FIA, FOM, bernie? IDK) keep trying to fix the symptoms of problems that are cause by their previous "fixes."

You can't go off line to pass because it's covered in marbles. If you follow too closely to pass you lose aero and your tires go to shit. The marbles and tires are caused from tires which were intentionally designed to degrade rapidly. The tires were designed to degrade rapidly to cause more disparity between cars, making passing easier. It also created arbitrary pit stops, since refueling is no longer needed.

The new strategies were interesting for a year or two, seeing teams forcing other teams to pit because of the risk of them being under cut in the pits, because it was different. But it's become dull, and discourages passing on track. It feels more like a fabricated show, than an authentic race.

I'd like to see refueling brought back along with proper tires that last more than two qualifying laps. And more importantly, will allow a faster driver to attack a slower car in front. I like DRS, because it's new technology that increases the speed and efficiency of the car, but I'd like to see a way it could be used to defend. Maybe allow drivers to use it so many times per race, however they see fit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In the last year I've watched almost all the races from 2004 to present. It becomes clear that they (FIA, FOM, bernie? IDK) keep trying to fix the symptoms of problems that are cause by their previous "fixes."

You can't go off line to pass because it's covered in marbles. If you follow too closely to pass you lose aero and your tires go to shit. The marbles and tires are caused from tires which were intentionally designed to degrade rapidly. The tires were designed to degrade rapidly to cause more disparity between cars, making passing easier. It also created arbitrary pit stops, since refueling is no longer needed.

The new strategies were interesting for a year or two, seeing teams forcing other teams to pit because of the risk of them being under cut in the pits, because it was different. But it's become dull, and discourages passing on track. It feels more like a fabricated show, than an authentic race.

I'd like to see refueling brought back along with proper tires that last more than two qualifying laps. And more importantly, will allow a faster driver to attack a slower car in front. I like DRS, because it's new technology that increases the speed and efficiency of the car, but I'd like to see a way it could be used to defend. Maybe allow drivers to use it so many times per race, however they see fit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you about the FIA and Bernie but Sochi was just so boring.   Nico ran all but one lap on one set of tires and came in second.  How did the FIA screw up tire compounds and choice that bad?  You should not be able to run a full F1 race on one set of tires no matter how good the car and driver may be.  Either the tires were way to good or that track sucks and doesn't challenge the car and driver very much.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I really think they should implement a reverse qualifying starting grid and have only 3 tire compounds, super soft, hard and full wets.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Red Bull boss Christian Horner says the introduction of a fifth penalty-free engine for the 2015 F1 season is now just a formality.

Drivers have had their allocation cut to four per car for this season, but with unreliability proving an issue for a number of teams, and others already limiting their running in practice sessions to preserve mileage, moves have been afoot to allow an extra power unit to be used.

"We unanimously agreed on it [the fifth engine] in Malaysia," Horner said. "That was all the teams, including Bernie Ecclestone, so it only has to formally go through the strategy group and permission to be signed, and that can be done by fax vote."

Well that's good news for Honda and Renault
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Red Bull boss Christian Horner says the introduction of a fifth penalty-free engine for the 2015 F1 season is now just a formality.

Drivers have had their allocation cut to four per car for this season, but with unreliability proving an issue for a number of teams, and others already limiting their running in practice sessions to preserve mileage, moves have been afoot to allow an extra power unit to be used.

"We unanimously agreed on it [the fifth engine] in Malaysia," Horner said. "That was all the teams, including Bernie Ecclestone, so it only has to formally go through the strategy group and permission to be signed, and that can be done by fax vote."

I don't see why they would make a big deal out of it anyway.... All of the drivers that are stuck with Renault or Honda engines will be on their sixth engine before the summer break anyway.  Looks like Manor is going to have lots of company at the back this year  

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe McLaren-Honda will crank an engine all the way to eleven for a race just to see what happens. Alonso is predicting a breakout for some points in Spain or Monaco.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL all of the Pasta Sprinter fans after the last race.

(Make sure you have Closed Captioning English subtitles turned on)
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
have only 3 tire compounds, super soft, hard and full wets.
View Quote

Hard, medium, soft and wet.  Add another tire supplier.  Make teams pick a supplier at winter testing.
Allow teams to switch suppliers at mid season testing.  Quit tweaking tire compounds for every race.
Pirelli needs a little competition.  Teams need more choice.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I still want to see an Unlimited series that run the same tracks. I dunno if any of the manufacturers would go for it though. Sure be awesome to see no-holds-barred, REAL pinnacle technology and WFO racing again though. We've sanitized the crap out of even the best anymore. Larger-than-life has become more pedestrian. Gotta go to the "extreme sports" to really see ballz-out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I still want to see an Unlimited series that run the same tracks. I dunno if any of the manufacturers would go for it though. Sure be awesome to see no-holds-barred, REAL pinnacle technology and WFO racing again though. We've sanitized the crap out of even the best anymore. Larger-than-life has become more pedestrian. Gotta go to the "extreme sports" to really see ballz-out.
View Quote

I miss the days when flat-12's raced against V-8's.  Turbo vs non-turbo.  Not much goofy electronics.
Look in the cockpit of Senna's McLaren.  Not much stuff in there.  Stick shift and steering wheel.
F1 is almost like one make spec racing.  Too many rules and not enough humans having to make a choice.

Unlimited class?  
Last years F1 chassis.  5L displacement limit.  Stock blocks.  Naturally aspirated.  750kg weight limit.
Put them on the Old Spa circuit and the Old Nurburgring circuit.  Then let'em race.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know it's not the same, but WEC is as close as we see today, I believe. You have Audi R18 running a V6 diesel, Porsche a turbo V4 gas, Toyota with a NA V8, and a Nissan GT-R LM Nismo with a turbo V6 (front engine, also), and all different types of hybrid power. The engineering on these cars is next-level stuff.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I know it's not the same, but WEC is as close as we see today, I believe. You have Audi R18 running a V6 diesel, Porsche a turbo V4 gas, Toyota with a NA V8, and a Nissan GT-R LM Nismo with a turbo V6 (front engine, also), and all different types of hybrid power. The engineering on these cars is next-level stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. I need to watch more of that this year.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Limiting it it just Grade 1 tracks, you cannot come up with a 19-20 race schedule and make it a good season.  I think the 1998 schedule was about perfect, and the only thing I would add to it would be the inclusion of a USGP either at Watkins Glen, Road America, or Road Atlanta, and I'd slot it in right behind Canada.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Limiting it it just Grade 1 tracks, you cannot come up with a 19-20 race schedule and make it a good season.
View Quote

I agree, if we include all tracks I can come up with a good schedule. To include Mount Panorama, Daytona road course, and Leguna Seca.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree, if we include all tracks I can come up with a good schedule. To include Mount Panorama, Daytona road course, and Leguna Seca.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Limiting it it just Grade 1 tracks, you cannot come up with a 19-20 race schedule and make it a good season.

One of my favorite tracks of all-time. Corkscrew for the win!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, which is what F1 really used to be. Not so much anymore. I'm okay with some of the changes they have made. Venturi bottom cars, sliding skirts, active suspension, traction control, etc were advancements that upped the performance of the cars but in turn removed the driver from the equation to some extent. To my way of thinking F1 should have some general technical specs such as size, weight, engine limits, fuel capacity, etc and then let the teams go from there.

Instead we get stupidly expensive hybrid engines that sound like crap. The irony of the hybrid engines is F1 replaced a fairly stable part of the series; with fairly controlled costs, reliability and performance, with a super expensive, hit or miss system in terms of reliability and performance, while continuing to whine about costs. I'm sorry but F1 is expensive to play. When Renault started making noise about taking their marbles and going home if F1 didn't become greener then F1 should have told them they would be missed.

Now I would be extremely okay with things like letting the teams spec their own tire compounds well in advance of race, as has been suggested in the last week, putting an engine formula in place based around configuration and displacement and maybe bringing back refueling. With say, some kind of dead man control where plugging in the fuel probe turns on the on board jacks and removing it drops the car. Hose in, car is up and tires can be changed. Last thing that is done is to pull the fuel probe to release the car. Maybe even go to engine off pit stops like they do in sports cars. It would make for longer pit stops but it would be safer over all plus it will be equal across the board.

F1 used to be the ultimate driver's series in the baddest thing on four wheel road courses. It was one of the reasons I never really followed Indy cars much. They have so many friggin' rules that you need to be a lawyer to figure out how to build a car. F1 has become the same way.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Helmut may be going full yeager....

How many Red Bull cans does it take to make a hat?  
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes, which is what F1 really used to be. Not so much anymore. I'm okay with some of the changes they have made. Venturi bottom cars, sliding skirts, active suspension, traction control, etc were advancements that upped the performance of the cars but in turn removed the driver from the equation to some extent. To my way of thinking F1 should have some general technical specs such as size, weight, engine limits, fuel capacity, etc and then let the teams go from there.

Instead we get stupidly expensive hybrid engines that sound like crap. The irony of the hybrid engines is F1 replaced a fairly stable part of the series; with fairly controlled costs, reliability and performance, with a super expensive, hit or miss system in terms of reliability and performance, while continuing to whine about costs. I'm sorry but F1 is expensive to play. When Renault started making noise about taking their marbles and going home if F1 didn't become greener then F1 should have told them they would be missed.

Now I would be extremely okay with things like letting the teams spec their own tire compounds well in advance of race, as has been suggested in the last week, putting an engine formula in place based around configuration and displacement and maybe bringing back refueling. With say, some kind of dead man control where plugging in the fuel probe turns on the on board jacks and removing it drops the car. Hose in, car is up and tires can be changed. Last thing that is done is to pull the fuel probe to release the car. Maybe even go to engine off pit stops like they do in sports cars. It would make for longer pit stops but it would be safer over all plus it will be equal across the board.

F1 used to be the ultimate driver's series in the baddest thing on four wheel road courses. It was one of the reasons I never really followed Indy cars much. They have so many friggin' rules that you need to be a lawyer to figure out how to build a car. F1 has become the same way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I totally agree with all of this. And regarding Indy cars... I used to be more into them but neither the wife or I can bring ourselves to watch a whole race any more. However, the more pussified and restricted F1 becomes the more I'll be drawn to other forms of racing instead. And yeah... I'm still not over the move to V6 engine (nor will I ever be). More than anything, the sound of V8 engines driven to 18-20K RPM seduced me into F1 (I really never paid much attention in the V12 and earlier years). The cars sounded as if they could explode into a million pieces at any moment. But the new sound is just pathetic in comparison. I still struggle watching SX/MX racing as well... because I grew-up watching, hearing, and smelling the two-stroke engines. That was a huge part of dirt-bike racing for me. And now we've got loose-FART-sounding racing in F1, MX and many other forms of racing.

Maybe they should rename F1 the FART Series... Formula Ass-Reamed Tone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
However, the more pussified and restricted F1 becomes the more I'll be drawn to other forms of racing instead.
View Quote

I'm watching BTCC, ELMS, Blancpain GT and various one make racing like Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati trophy series.
The Ginetta series in the UK is crazy.  Lots of bumper cars.
For example, ELMS is more interesting because you have:
Nissan
Mercedes
Aston-Martin
Ferrari
Audi
Lamborghini
Porsche
BMW and
McLaren all racing in the same class.  Fun to watch and there are real differences in the cars other than paint.
They pass each other from time to time too.
Can't say that about F1.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:21:16 AM EDT
[#32]
So.. apparently Honda is running their ERS at ~50% capacity and the engine is detuned O_o

More intriguing is that they are likely using an AXIAL flow turbo

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118626
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

So.. apparently Honda is running their ERS at ~50% capacity and the engine is detuned O_o

View Quote

...and the absolute worst sounding car in the field.

m

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#34]
21 years

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:15:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#37]

RIP to an amazing Pilot, and Man!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Bold as always...

Dennis: "McLaren, Honda and Alonso will dominate F1"

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/218247/1/dennis-mclaren-honda-and-alonso-will-dominate-f1.html
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Bold as always...

Dennis: "McLaren, Honda and Alonso will dominate F1"

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/218247/1/dennis-mclaren-honda-and-alonso-will-dominate-f1.html
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

m

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

m

i want the sound but i am impressed by tthe possibility of the axial flow design.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#43]

I have been to the Tamburello corner and the Senna memorial site at Imola several times. It's kind of spooky/eerie.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Like it was yesterday...

...that sickening, evil " SMACK" sound still echoes in My ears.

Dusty in here, all of a sudden.

There is still a small part of Me that can't accept He is gone...

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Like it was yesterday...

The Ol' Crew Chief
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Like it was yesterday...

The Ol' Crew Chief
eerily this happened yesterday

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Like it was yesterday...
The Ol' Crew Chief
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Like it was yesterday...
The Ol' Crew Chief
After seeing and hearing that crash on live TV, I didn't even watch another race until '96.  

I still think about Senna every time I put a driver in his car or on his bike and send his ass to the track.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#47]
If you can get Sky F1, their Classic F1 show is showing Monaco 1992 in a couple of hours.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Guess what...WE'RE RACING THIS WEEKEND!

Spanish GP

Friday 5/8

FP1 4-5:30am
FP2 8-9:30am

Saturday 5/9
FP3 5-6am
Quali 8-9am

Sunday 5/10

Race 8am, coverage at 7:30am

FANTASY PICKS ARE DUE BY 7:55AM SATURDAY 5/9
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:37:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#50]
My Canada Tickets showed up yesterday

I felt like the guys on big bang theory taking the plastic of the iphone, as I opened the DHL envelope from Monaco!
Page / 71
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top