Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a nice CMP service grade HRA in 2013 that I enjoy shooting.

I'd like a wartime Springfield but the changes they've made to the order process to make it luck of the draw as to manufacturer doesn't make me want to jump through the damn hoops again.  I'd gamble on sight unseen since they are pretty awesome on customer service but not picking manufacturer is a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Same in NY.  The shitheel promulgated "safeact" pretty much put a damper on CMP and C&R buying.  

Glad I had the cash to go to the CMP well before the infringing and the CMP price increases.  

OH and +1 to the CMP hype and hysteria.  The CMP seems to be always playing the "this is the end of the line" game.  Sure one day it will be but they've cried wolf so much I'm deaf to it. The price increases on rifles and ammo stifled my buying anyhow.   and no I was not in the profiteering game like some.   Not that it matters.  CMP wants to sell them.

I can pretty much outfit a squad.  I got enough.  WW2 SA and WRA's, carbines,  HRA's, and IHC, post war SA.   I am content.  I would like to go back to $0.18 a m2 cartridge again.

As far as receiving dregs,  I got a couple field grades that were ratty, a couple inoperative rifles but they took care of the issues I couldn't  By far the best was a trip to the North store when they had a truckload a rifles.  A lot of as new rifles on the racks,  I picked up some HRA rifles as they pulled all the SA rifles for mail orders the night before.  Great little trip.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same in NY.  The shitheel promulgated "safeact" pretty much put a damper on CMP and C&R buying.  

Glad I had the cash to go to the CMP well before the infringing and the CMP price increases.  

OH and +1 to the CMP hype and hysteria.  The CMP seems to be always playing the "this is the end of the line" game.  Sure one day it will be but they've cried wolf so much I'm deaf to it. The price increases on rifles and ammo stifled my buying anyhow.   and no I was not in the profiteering game like some.   Not that it matters.  CMP wants to sell them.

I can pretty much outfit a squad.  I got enough.  WW2 SA and WRA's, carbines,  HRA's, and IHC, post war SA.   I am content.  I would like to go back to $0.18 a m2 cartridge again.
View Quote

A squad?  Only a squad?  What about a platoon?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'm sure i could call in some folks here for company sized reinforcements if need be.

Even if they smell like cosmoline and garlic.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]

I paid $165 for my Garand  in 1998. Went though the DCM program and waited

12 months to receive it. It is a SA  built in April of 1943...the same month my Dad

was drafted into WWII. He went into Normandy after the storm shortly after the invasion.

Yes he was there for the Battle of the Bulge.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Screw Garands get a OOW BAR instead.
View Quote

Glad I got mine about 3-4 years ago.  Talk about price increases.  I think I can shoot that in CMP.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#8]
well the price increase turned out to be ho-hum-who gives a shit

BWT is headed my way right now with a 10/41 springfield so we shall soon see if my luck has improved from my last order
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BWT is headed my way right now with a 10/41 springfield so we shall soon see if my luck has improved from my last order
View Quote

Yeah, I actually got two in before the price increase that I had been putting off and they are probably my last but not because the price increase was crazy just because 8 is enough... I think. This is the first time I got an order with the hard cases, completely didn't know about those and they are very nice freebies.

Also, even though their garands are still nicely priced their ammo is now officially ridiculously overpriced. When you can get brand new more consistent ammo regularly for a few cents more per round than 40 year old floor sweepings then there is an issue. When cheaper than dirt is beating you on pricing on the same thing that you are selling then you really have problems.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#10]
What's the easiest way to become eligible to purchase a CMP Garand?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get a C&R and join the Garand Collectors Association

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yeah, I actually got two in before the price increase that I had been putting off and they are probably my last but not because the price increase was crazy just because 8 is enough... I think. This is the first time I got an order with the hard cases, completely didn't know about those and they are very nice freebies.

Also, even though their garands are still nicely priced their ammo is now officially ridiculously overpriced. When you can get brand new more consistent ammo regularly for a few cents more per round than 40 year old floor sweepings then there is an issue. When cheaper than dirt is beating you on pricing on the same thing that you are selling then you really have problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is their ammo that bad?

Last ammo I got was the M2 AP ammo from four/five years ago. I think it was $60 a can and then $8.95 shipping for 220rds of M2 AP.

I loveing shooting that stuff, but damn I feel like I am wasting it on paper
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Just watch out, the $30 for the C&R is the most expensive $30 you'll ever spend.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is their ammo that bad?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is their ammo that bad?

Last ammo I got was the M2 AP ammo from four/five years ago. I think it was $60 a can and then $8.95 shipping for 220rds of M2 AP.

You are...

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is their ammo that bad?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is their ammo that bad?

200 rounds of Greek .30-06 loose in an ammo can is now $136, 240 rounds in 20 round boxes is $178.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#16]
well, it's a beautiful rifle with a brand new measuring and looking '55 barrel, new park, new parts and a new stock

should be a great rifle but it's just not my speed, can't help but be fairly disappointed in it

i like my garands with bullet tip indentions and rack numbers on their old growth walnut stocks with some parts on them with some wear that might have actually done something somewhere

oh well, first world problems
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

200 rounds of Greek .30-06 loose in an ammo can is now $136, 240 rounds in 20 round boxes is $178.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is their ammo that bad?

Right, .68 per round shipped for dirty mismatched loose ammo, or .74 per round for the nicer stuff.

In contrast, CTD has several flavors of HXP for about .60 per round shipped or less as shipping goes down when you order more and you can generally find brand new PRVI garand ammo for around .68 per round shipped.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#19]
What do you guys think of the Special Grade Garands? Worth it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What do you guys think of the Special Grade Garands? Worth it?
View Quote

Slightly less historical value(refinished, rebarreled and restocked) but much more shootability. Good rifles.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I only have two.  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top