Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2014 8:13:05 PM EDT
Ok so here is the deal. Built a house in 09. Bought all brand new LG appliances for it. They turned out to be total pieces of shit. Had problems with the gas range, washer, the microwave, and espescially the dishwaser. The dishwasher is on its third heating element and is now leaking water out of the bottom of the door. To replace the seal in the door you have to buy a new inner liner that is $150 or go to Napa and buy car weatherstripping and install it by uncimping and recrimping the bottom flange.  There's no float in the bottom so it can't be whats wrong. Some repair forums say that there might be a drain tube in the door that's clogged. What ever is wrong with it, I don't care, I'm sick of working on this miserable piece of shit.  I know I will never buy any LG appliances ever again.
    So me and wife went and looked at new dishwashers because there are some sales going on. The question is do we spend money on a higher end one again or do we buy a cheap one and just plan on replacing it in 4 or 5 years.  The LG was like a $900 5 years ago and was a total ripoff.  Seems like everything is just junk anymore.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy once cry once?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]

a lot of the modern appliances are junk - even some of the higher priced ones.

one way to avoid problems is to find reviews on the models you're interested in,

at least that way you might be able to eliminate some of the more problem-prone ones.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I've noticed that the reviews on the some of the cheapo ones are better than ones that cost 2 or 3 times as much. When you look at the floor models though, the higher priced ones feel like they are made better. Lowes has a whirlpool for $350. It has better reviews than the $900 kitchen aid.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I always like to reply to these threads because arfcom GD hates GE....

But I installed all brand new GE Profile appliances in my house when I had it built 18 years ago (gas stove/range, over range microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, clothes washer, gas clothes dryer).

Every single one of those appliances are working as well today as the day I had them installed without a single problem from any of them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top