Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2014 7:31:05 PM EDT
An Argentinian court has decided that a Sumatran orangutan (Pongo abelii) named Sandra is a non-human person with rights, and will no longer be held captive in the Buenos Aires zoo where she has lived for the last 20 years.
View Quote

The comments are often cringe worthy.  There's one guy who doesn't think the head of biology at the zoo doesn't know what he's talking about. Wat.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/argentinian-court-extends-rights-captive-orangutan
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Good.  They needed a new chief economist.  Couldn't be any worse than what Kirchner's hacks have done.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
So they'll release her into the wild and she'll get eaten by a leopard.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If I had my druthers I'd screw a chimpanzee.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
How soon until the orangutans sue for reparations?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Heck I'd be happy to replace half the population of the USA with Orangutans....probably smarter and certainly better mannered than a good many.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I had my druthers I'd screw a chimpanzee.
View Quote

Note to self: keep up the oppression; no druthers for '13ers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How soon until the orangutans sue for reparations?
View Quote

Within three sticks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a pic I want post of an orangutan raising its arms, but I just re-upped my membership.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top