Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Invented crisis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate 0bama, but what's wrong with cracking down on sexual harassment and assault?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Invented crisis.

Seriously dude?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This. "Cracking down on sexual harassment" is liberal code for PC witch hunts and ruining careers based on an accusation or implication without proof.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate 0bama, but what's wrong with cracking down on sexual harassment and assault?

A momentary wondering gaze can be sexual harassment in the military and one drink makes it rape.

This. "Cracking down on sexual harassment" is liberal code for PC witch hunts and ruining careers based on an accusation or implication without proof.

Understatement of the century.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Part of the Plan.

Can't have young men becoming Men.

Young men become Men that then become Leaders.
Just can't have that.

Remember on July 4 1776 56 Men signed a piece of paper in the epic quest to be Leaders of Free Men.

Many have forgotten, but trust me those that want to enslave  men have not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Young men are too scared to be young men

Part of the Plan.

Just can't have that.

Remember on July 4 1776 56 Men signed a piece of paper in the epic quest to be Leaders of Free Men.

can you say gelding of America?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Young men are too scared to be young men

Part of the Plan.

Just can't have that.

Again, part of the plan.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Seriously dude?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invented crisis.

Seriously dude?

yes, seriously.  the statistical data is flawed to begin with and extrapolated in a way that would get any mathematician or statistician fired if there wasn't an agenda to be pushed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Article

A deeply unpopular commander in chief is forcing profound change inside the ranks.

By Stephen Losey

And the commander in chief has aggressively sought to change military culture by cracking down on sexual assault and sexual harassment, problems that for years were underreported or overlooked.

View Quote

View Quote

I like how he seamlessly blends the fact that Obama has aggressively cracked down on sexual assault with his opinion that this has been an underreported or overlooked problem for years.  When I was in, we had a female sailor give a blowjob to a guy in the middle of a drunken beach bonfire - huge crowd of sailors from the command just standing around watching.  Next day a guy who was there sees her in the chow hall and makes a joke about it - guess who almost had a career ending event as an E3?  Hint: It wasn't the female sailor.  And that was 20 years ago now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Heck - ever mat a gal at a club when you were younger and made out / felt her up?  Even if you didn't go any further, or even leave the dance floor, you're a rapist if she had one drink prior to that.  You rapey, raper you.

There's nothing like seeing a group of 50+ officers and senior NCOs going to a presentation which is supposed to be about preventing sexual violence, and seeing them leave, dumbfounded, as they all learn they are rapists.

Everybody's a rapist these days.  It's a heterocage thing, perhaps.  Meanwhile, America's daughters are probably still better off in a barracks than your average Freshman college dorm, but Obama isn't interested in attacking his base.  He has an agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Under the one drink rule I would have been in the Brig.

Heck - ever mat a gal at a club when you were younger and made out / felt her up?  Even if you didn't go any further, or even leave the dance floor, you're a rapist if she had one drink prior to that.  You rapey, raper you.

There's nothing like seeing a group of 50+ officers and senior NCOs going to a presentation which is supposed to be about preventing sexual violence, and seeing them leave, dumbfounded, as they all learn they are rapists.

Everybody's a rapist these days.  It's a heterocage thing, perhaps.  Meanwhile, America's daughters are probably still better off in a barracks than your average Freshman college dorm, but Obama isn't interested in attacking his base.  He has an agenda.

Blowing a problem out of proportion or coming up with a idiotic solution to a problem doesn't negate the existence of the problem. There have been several scandals, a couple as I recall where Navy Captains have been relieved, over sexual harassment. Sure, the problem is probably no where near as bad as the glory days of the 80's, but the problem apparently exists. That Obama's fix is the wrong fix, or that the problems may have been blown out of proportion doesn't negate the existence of an issue that should be addressed.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

yes, seriously.  the statistical data is flawed to begin with and extrapolated in a way that would get any mathematician or statistician fired if there wasn't an agenda to be pushed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invented crisis.

Seriously dude?

SAPR method of data validation:
Well, since "WE KNOW" assaults are only reported at 10%, we just multiplied the number of reports by 10 to get "the REAL number of assaults".

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Dear Jesus, thank you for letting me retire 20 years ago. Amen.

I loved my time in, but I would absolutely hate being in the military these days.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#10]
When I deployed in 2010 we received big boxes of Hooters calendars. I bet that doesn't happen anymore.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#11]
THE "MAY NOT" MILITARY

Posted by John S. Farnam on 19 Sep 2014
19 Sept 14
More comments from friends currently on active duty:

“Everyone in uniform, on or off-base, is at risk of being attacked and murdered by ISIS jihadists who are within CONUS, right now! We saw this happen in the UK just months ago. It’s not a ‘theory!’

Particularly threatened are those of us who work ‘independent duty,’ such as recruiters. Accordingly, we’re finding ways to fit pistols under our dress blues!
‘Authorized,’ or not, I, and a few other like-minded, are always ready to respond instantly to a deadly attack, with lethal force. We all regularly carry pistols and other weapons, and we have rifles in a high state of readiness in our vehicles, all personally-owned. Our CO turns a blind eye, but the subject is, of course, never discussed.

I have been told, in confidence, by other military personnel who suspect what is going on, ‘When something happens, I am coming to your office!’ My response is, ‘When you come unarmed, change your name to ‘cover!’

In short, we’ve grown weary of waiting for someone up to food-chain to actually care about us!”

Comment: The new term is: “The May-Not Military”

There must exist an office, deep within the bowels of the Pentagon, that is dedicated to creating thousands of new and ridiculous “May-Not” rules, designed to suffocate all individual initiative and promote an all-inclusive inability to fight and win wars.

Our “May-Not Military” is the creation of a generation of BHO-era, Class-A-uniform-loving Pentagon politicians and careerists. It continues to work non-stop to permanently separate real warriors from war and from tools required to wage and to win it.

Have you ever seen a photograph any BHO-era star-wearer actually carrying a weapon? George Patton and Joe Stillwell would never allow themselves to be photographed without one!

“We may not be able to change the world, but at least we can embarrass the guilty.”

Jessica Mitford

/John
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Article

A deeply unpopular commander in chief is forcing profound change inside the ranks.

By Stephen Losey

Obama is an unpopular president in the eyes of the men and women in uniform. Yet his two-term administration is etching a deep imprint on the culture inside the armed forces. As commander in chief, he will leave behind a legacy that will shape the Pentagon's personnel policies and the social customs of rank-and-file troops for decades to come

And...

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.com/2008/10/military-times-poll-military-men-and.html

There's something very racist in this data, but I cannot figure it out.

Maybe I need some common core math, or something.

Can somebody help me out with this.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Blowing a problem out of proportion or coming up with a idiotic solution to a problem doesn't negate the existence of the problem. There have been several scandals, a couple as I recall where Navy Captains have been relieved, over sexual harassment. Sure, the problem is probably no where near as bad as the glory days of the 80's, but the problem apparently exists. That Obama's fix is the wrong fix, or that the problems may have been blown out of proportion doesn't negate the existence of an issue that should be addressed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Under the one drink rule I would have been in the Brig.

Are there sexual assaults in the military, yes of course.  Just as there are in the civilian sector.
Those crimes have been punished as appropriate for years.
The "problem" is often the same as in the civilian justice system, insufficient evidence to prosecute or obtain a conviction because many of the reports are he said/she said situations, and many of those are traced to secondary motivations/morning after remorse, which is not sexual assault.
The military actually has additional tools not available to the civilian justice system to address these cases with less than robust evidence in the form of Non-Judicial punishment and administrative procedures.
The current fervor over sexual assault in the military has moved away from those proceedings in favor of more Courts Martial which are producing lower conviction rates because of the higher standard s of evidence.
In the past those cases would have never gone to Court martial and would have ben adjudicated through the lesser measures.
The President told the Joint Chiefs outright, he wanted more convictions, and ignored the discussion to the contrary.
But you can't get Court martial convictions without sufficient evidence.

The dispute revolves around the extent of the problem as compared to the level of response and attention paid to it.
And also the extent of the problem inside the military as compared to THE SAME DEMOGRAPHIC GROUP in the civilian sector.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A momentary wondering gaze can be sexual harassment in the military and one drink makes it rape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignoring them can be sexual harassment as well
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Have a look at this>>>LIST

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His sacking of top generals who don't agree with him concern me.

Good point.....

Nobody fired from the Air Force. Nobody.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.....

Lower standards
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invented crisis.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am retired U.S. military.

I don't know if this is true, but I was told that if a male recruit maintains eye contact with a female for more than three seconds it may be construed as "sexual harassment" now.  

I guess male recruits need to walk around looking down at the ground then.  

I certainly hope what I was told is not true and is just bullshit.
View Quote

Bullshit.

However, I couldn't look at my Female DS's because they scared the crap out of me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because that NEVER happened under any other President.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#20]
The whole military reporting system for sexual assault is designed to increase numbers.  

For example, there is so called "unrestricted reporting" and "restricted reporting" for sexual assault.  

In unrestricted reporting, the accuser wants the allegation investigated.  

In the restricted reporting option, the accuser wants to tell someone that he/she was assaulted but doesn't want it investigated.

I have investigated MANY sexual assaults in my time as an investigator for a police department.  WELL OVER 50% of reported rapes in the civilian world turn out to be bogus....and some of the ones that are technically true rapes the "victim" bears some responsibility for the "rape" due to the "victim's" behavior prior to the "assault".  (I could tell some stories....)  Since our military personnel come from the civilian sector, it would stand to reason that the military should see similar numbers of bogus rape reports.  

When a "victim" wants a restricted report, the case NEVER gets investigated....so we never know if the case is a actual rape with a prosecuted suspect, or a bogus allegation by someone.  

So, that means that bogus allegations are counted as real cases of sexual assault to pad the numbers.  

Sure there is sexual assault in the military and it should be punished severely.  In addition, anyone who files a false report of rape should also be punished equally severely.  You can't punish the false cases without investigation.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
THE "MAY NOT" MILITARY

Posted by John S. Farnam on 19 Sep 2014
19 Sept 14
More comments from friends currently on active duty:

“Everyone in uniform, on or off-base, is at risk of being attacked and murdered by ISIS jihadists who are within CONUS, right now! We saw this happen in the UK just months ago. It’s not a ‘theory!’

Particularly threatened are those of us who work ‘independent duty,’ such as recruiters. Accordingly, we’re finding ways to fit pistols under our dress blues!
‘Authorized,’ or not, I, and a few other like-minded, are always ready to respond instantly to a deadly attack, with lethal force. We all regularly carry pistols and other weapons, and we have rifles in a high state of readiness in our vehicles, all personally-owned. Our CO turns a blind eye, but the subject is, of course, never discussed.

I have been told, in confidence, by other military personnel who suspect what is going on, ‘When something happens, I am coming to your office!’ My response is, ‘When you come unarmed, change your name to ‘cover!’

In short, we’ve grown weary of waiting for someone up to food-chain to actually care about us!”

Comment: The new term is: “The May-Not Military”

There must exist an office, deep within the bowels of the Pentagon, that is dedicated to creating thousands of new and ridiculous “May-Not” rules, designed to suffocate all individual initiative and promote an all-inclusive inability to fight and win wars.

Our “May-Not Military” is the creation of a generation of BHO-era, Class-A-uniform-loving Pentagon politicians and careerists. It continues to work non-stop to permanently separate real warriors from war and from tools required to wage and to win it.

Have you ever seen a photograph any BHO-era star-wearer actually carrying a weapon? George Patton and Joe Stillwell would never allow themselves to be photographed without one!

“We may not be able to change the world, but at least we can embarrass the guilty.”

Jessica Mitford

/John
View Quote

That has almost nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with not being allowed to carry personal firearms on Federal Property.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dear Jesus, thank you for letting me retire 20 years ago. Amen.

I loved my time in, but I would absolutely hate being in the military these days.
View Quote

It's not too bad.  When there's a stand down or mandatory sensitivity training, you go to the theater, sign in, slip out the side door and RAFO for a few hours...

RAFO - Run Around Fucking Off
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't like your orders?

Make a restricted report of sexual assault and request expedited transfer.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, I love that one.
Joe "stare rapes" a female by looking at her too long. The empowered female gets him hemmed up for sexual assault, and the young brute is done career-wise.
The rest of the unit identifies the female as someone who will ruin their career for looking at her. Now she's largely ignored. She files another claim. Now the chain of command is done.
All this, in a time of war.
How's retirement, BTW?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignoring them can be sexual harassment as well

Yeah, I love that one.
Joe "stare rapes" a female by looking at her too long. The empowered female gets him hemmed up for sexual assault, and the young brute is done career-wise.
The rest of the unit identifies the female as someone who will ruin their career for looking at her. Now she's largely ignored. She files another claim. Now the chain of command is done.
All this, in a time of war.
How's retirement, BTW?

Pretty good. No sexual harassment charges for me yet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Is it the old Article 120, the new Article 120, or the new new Article 120?
Comparing numbers from year to year without context obscures the true scope of the issue.

MCM Article 120
This statute applies to offenses committed on or after 28 June 2012.
Previous versions of Article 120 are located as follows: for offenses committed on or before 30 September 2007, see Appendix 27;
for offenses committed during the period 1 October 2007 through 27 June 2012, see Appendix 28.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you ever talked to a Marine?  Killing and fucking is all they know.  We will have to disband the corp...  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Bullshit.

However, I couldn't look at my Female DS's because they scared the crap out of me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am retired U.S. military.

I don't know if this is true, but I was told that if a male recruit maintains eye contact with a female for more than three seconds it may be construed as "sexual harassment" now.  

I guess male recruits need to walk around looking down at the ground then.  

I certainly hope what I was told is not true and is just bullshit.

Bullshit.

There's female drill sgts?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
Kind of like how "It depends on what the definition of is is."   It comes down to how you define what sexual harassment and assault are and how selectively you apply it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hasn't happened under the current one either.  I'm not a fan of the guy for many personal and professional reasons, but the incessant claims of some grand "purge" is shortsighted at best.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Don't like your orders?

View Quote

This. Free ticket home from Afghanistan with no adverse effects, and also a 'get out of jail free card'.

They are dangling huge incentives to falsely report.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This. Free ticket home from Afghanistan with no adverse effects, and also a 'get out of jail free card'.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't like your orders?

Works for spouses too.
Civilian spouse of service member makes restricted report of SA by a service member, and the AD spouse is eligible for expedited transfer to take the civilian spouse away from "alleged" perpetrator.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It makes me sick that this faggot cunt is getting credit for shit that started long before he came on the scene and just happened to occur on his watch.

DADT,started under Clinton and it was always planned to progress to an outright elimination of the bar to enlistment of LGBTs, he just happened to be the one to make it happen, he didn't suddenly come up with it.

The .mil has been edging towards seeing if women could hack combat for decades starting with female fighter pilots and helo drivers.  Women are STILL not allowed to be 03's but they are being evaluated to see if they can pass the MOS school.  Again, he just happened to be the one occupying the seat in the Oval Office.

I got into it with a guy at work over polesmoker-in-chief "getting Osama" like he personally pinned Osama down, flew the fucking helo, led the raid, kicked in the door and shot bin Laden in the face.  As most of you know, this has been a long ongoing effort by many people both US and foreign.

Same goes with the economy.  The economy is improving IN SPITE of Zero.  He has done everything possible short of nationalization trying to hamstring and impede our economic recovery.  The majority of economists say we should be a lot further along but our first gay president has made business overly cautious with his "You Didn't Build That" business policy and his varied attempts to soak the rich to make them pay "their fair share" of the tax burden.

In short, the only thing Zero can claim fair credit for is Obamacare.  As fucked up as it is, he had the balls, presumably borrowed from FWOTUS, to piss on that third rail and he gets props for that.

FBHO  He is leaving NO imprint on the military.
View Quote

Great post
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/tmann199030/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Custom%20Imagesf_zpslk34jos6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/tmann199030/Mobile%20Uploads/Custom%20Imagesf_zpslk34jos6.jpg</a>
View Quote

You know, I don't mind big butts, I can't lie...but damn, that girls butt done took over.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top