Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2014 6:24:58 PM EDT
Is it just me or is the search feature just plain fucking useless ? I've tried several different search criteria keywords I I always get the same return message "no topics found" ?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is it just me or is the search feature just plain fucking useless ? I've tried several different search criteria keywords I I always get the same return message "no topics found" ?
View Quote

Useless w/out a paid membership
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a team membership...your search problems will vanish.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

Pony up, cheapass
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used it to cite many dupes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Not trying to rub it in and be an ass, but it really does get better when you buy a membership.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not trying to rub it in and be an ass, but it really does get better when you buy a membership.
View Quote

Besides being able to use the search fucntion, you get to see cleavage.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The green arrow that takes you to last post on a thread you looked at, is worth it just for that  right there!
Do a search on me, took me 13 years to figure out what it was for! [:o)
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you know your search experience improves approximately 87% with purchase of a membership
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I just use Google
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Buy a team membership...your search problems will vanish.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just use Google
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Lately, yes the search feature for non-paid members is quite useless.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
try this
View Quote

Not everyone can afford a membership.

Paying the expense of an exploratory surgery and related Dr visits prior to and subsequent to the surgery has a higher priority than a membership.

....without a membership, the search, and not being able to subscribe to threads can be frustrating.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just use Google

This and I'm a platinum member. Google is still better than the insite search feature.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I am a paying member and still agree the search feature is worthless.  I have searched for specific things I knew were in the forum I was search and still got nothing.  Its beyond worthless.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am a paying member and still agree the search feature is worthless.  I have searched for specific things I knew were in the forum I was search and still got nothing.  Its beyond worthless.
View Quote

yep, I use google.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]
No.  It's you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm with you dude, hell I have a membership
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, it is beyond worthless.  Especially in the EE.  

I have an Eberlestock product for sale on page 1 of this forum.  But when I search for "Eberlestock" (search box at bottom right), the result is "No Topics Found".  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_7/160_Range_Bags__Rifle_Cases__Racks__Safes.html

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that's a bingo
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I found your ad and this thread with my first attempt.  I searched for "eberlestock" in threads older than 24 hours in all forums.  A second was required.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have an Eberlestock product for sale on page 1 of this forum.  But when I search for "Eberlestock" (search box at bottom right), the result is "No Topics Found".  

I found your ad and this thread with my first attempt.  I searched for "eberlestock" in threads older than 24 hours in all forums.  A second was required.

How did you use the "24 hours" setting?  I don't see that setting for the search box at bottom right.    

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This isn't Google.  You can't use multiple keywords as it won't return results unless the topic is exactly as you type it.  

If you want to use Google to search then use Google to search.

Writing a search engine like Google has is a massive undertaking which is why Google is where it is as they have it perfected.

I don't understand why it is so hard to understand by non-programmers what a huge undertaking it is to create a Google like search engine and just isn't feasible for your average website/forum
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That search box doesn't go back weeks.  Your post was made on 12/10/14 it appears so you have to use the actual search feature instead of the little box (which I didn't even know existed).
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno what criteria that box uses (honestly never even knew there was a box there), but if you use the actual search function it works just fine. I entered Eberlestock, searching in the entire EE, and last 2 weeks, and yours was one of 4 listings that popped up.

[shrug]

No shrug smiley?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Not a fan of the search feature, even with membership
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top