Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

MP5 is not work 3k. You're better off getting a decent hobby CNC machine and learn how to use it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's attach a dollar figure to this.  To replicate the configuration pictured above, I'm looking at about $3000.  That doesn't include the Aimpoint, which I already own.  This a serious chunk of cash, but I've lived half my life and you can't take federal reserve notes with you. Is shooting 9 mm projectiles at 100 yards maximum worth that kind of money when there's a 5.56 SBR in the stable already?

MP5 is not work 3k. You're better off getting a decent hobby CNC machine and learn how to use it.

They don't cost $3k, unless you want collectors quality. If you're gonna blast, you can find Em new for $2100. Used for considerably less. I see stories all the time of gun shops selling them for $1400.

You don't HAVE to have optics. They have good easily usable irons. Rails cost extra $ on any gun.lights too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Dude, I'm looking at the Getz pistol for my project.  So we're taking about the exact same thing, same price, etc. and the extras add price, yes.  So what's your point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
available all day at $2K

Where?  3K is the total cost for all the shit pictured except aimpoint (stock, Surefire hand guard w/ light, optics mount, etc.).  The base pistol itself starts at 2K unless you can tell me where to find a POF-5 right now (and I mean, TODAY).

Sorry, $2080.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/d-j-getz-firearms-co/166201-94fs-9mm-rifle-w-multiple-stock-options.html

$140 for the stock at HKParts.net.  

So, $2300 for rifle.

Optics and rails add $$, just as they do on ANY rifles. Including AR.

Dude, I'm looking at the Getz pistol for my project.  So we're taking about the exact same thing, same price, etc. and the extras add price, yes.  So what's your point?

The GUN ITSELF isn't $3k. Extra shit cost extra. Get the gun now. Save for the extra shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Where can I get 15rd mags?  Stupid ass mag law...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had an HK94. Sold it.

Even in SBR form...it's heavy for what it is, dirty, and a PITA to fully clean properly. Pretty much pistol caliber carbines as a whole are a bit pointless when you can get 5.56 or larger caliber rifles in roughly the same size envelope...

It doesn't matter how dirty it gets, it still runs.

It's not hard at all to clean.  

It's a blast, even in SemiAuto.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/natebedair/a486ec0ad24cbd300c4640b12cbfcf2c_zps076a0349.jpg

Which length do you prefer?  Going back and forth between these two setups is a big reason why I haven't ever gone through with getting one.
both.

I went full sized first. But I also love the k.  Need some $15 rd mags for the K for looks, but $90? Not gonna spend that.

HKParts.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-Magazines-Mag-Clamps-Loader-c74.htm
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The GUN ITSELF isn't $3k. Extra shit cost extra. Get the gun now. Save for the extra shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
available all day at $2K

Where?  3K is the total cost for all the shit pictured except aimpoint (stock, Surefire hand guard w/ light, optics mount, etc.).  The base pistol itself starts at 2K unless you can tell me where to find a POF-5 right now (and I mean, TODAY).

Sorry, $2080.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/d-j-getz-firearms-co/166201-94fs-9mm-rifle-w-multiple-stock-options.html

$140 for the stock at HKParts.net.  

So, $2300 for rifle.

Optics and rails add $$, just as they do on ANY rifles. Including AR.

Holy crap, I can't make it any more clear than how I previously stated it: to replicate the configuration pictured, it will cost me $3k. NO SHIT, THE GUN ITSELF ISN'T 3K.  NO SHIT, THE EXTRA STUFF COSTS MORE.  I even acknowledged the base gun is $2k!  What don't you understand?

You stated you can build it all day long for $2K.  You can't.  RTFP
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Beltfed Precision MP5 Navy w/ Sear (NFA) ..

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wait for the Scorpion Evo
View Quote

LMAO!
Seriously??? That dam thing is fugly!

MP5's are fun as Hell and I love mine. Out of all the guns in my collection I find myself packing the MP5 on every range trip.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Had an HK94. Sold it.

Even in SBR form...it's heavy for what it is, dirty, and a PITA to fully clean properly. Pretty much pistol caliber carbines as a whole are a bit pointless when you can get 5.56 or larger caliber rifles in roughly the same size envelope...
View Quote

Ummm, ok. It gets no more dirty than any other gun that shoots 9mm and if you think its heavy  you need to work out.

5.56 out of a 11" barrel vs 9mm out of the same?
Umm ok.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm 6ft tall with monkey arms. This is my hang up with the K. I'm afraid that after the cool factor starts slowing down,  I'll regret getting the short model even though I prefer the looks and utility of it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Holy crap, I can't make it any more clear than how I previously stated it: to replicate the configuration pictured, it will cost me $3k. NO SHIT, THE GUN ITSELF ISN'T 3K.  NO SHIT, THE EXTRA STUFF COSTS MORE.  I even acknowledged the base gun is $2k!  What don't you understand?

You stated you can build it all day long for $2K.  You can't.  RTFP
View Quote

I misread it and thought you were under the impression that the gun itself was $3K.

PS, you can buy a KZ mount from Botach, a PA MRDS and an unlabeled Surefire forearm to save some $.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm 6ft tall with monkey arms. This is my hang up with the K. I'm afraid that after the cool factor starts slowing down,  I'll regret getting the short model even though I prefer the looks and utility of it.
View Quote

Find someone locally  who has both and shoot them. It will help you decide.

Alternately, check the Reverse Stretch (standard rear end with K front end)
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Semi-auto SMGs are meh - I'd rather put the money into expanding my handgun collection.

But I know how I am with gun buying - if I want something badly enough, nothing is going to deter me.

I say go for it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#12]
For that amount of money invested, I think I'd rather have a Mk18 with a can, and still have change leftover.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't care for the reverse stretch, just looks funnyto me.  I have shot both,  which is why I'm so confused about it.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Do it just for the cool factor. MP5s make any rational person turn into a little kid again. My form 1 took 42 days to come back, so now is the time to do it. Even that seems to be on the long end.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had an HK94. Sold it.

It doesn't matter how dirty it gets, it still runs.

It's not hard at all to clean.  

It's a blast, even in SemiAuto.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/natebedair/a486ec0ad24cbd300c4640b12cbfcf2c_zps076a0349.jpg

Which length do you prefer?  Going back and forth between these two setups is a big reason why I haven't ever gone through with getting one.
both.

I went full sized first. But I also love the k.  Need some $15 rd mags for the K for looks, but $90? Not gonna spend that.

Cut down some cheap Korean mags.

I've got the dimensions written down,let me find them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, you definitely don't want one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Don't care for the reverse stretch, just looks funnyto me.  I have shot both,  which is why I'm so confused about it.  Thanks for the help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get the longer folding stock maybe?

I'm a short SOB (5-8)
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#18]
This is a Getz k pistol

No it's not.  Fucking iPhone...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is a Getz k pistol

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/gdetrick/media/photo_zps843bc7c5.jpg.html

No it's not.  Fucking iPhone...
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Great little shooter ...mine is a Jayson Cotter build that I got at auction for $600...shooting something side by side with a Glock 19 or SigP226 and you realize the benefits of being able to shoulder your weapon...amazingly accurate
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Great little shooter ...mine is a Jayson Cotter build that I got at auction for $600...shooting something side by side with a Glock 19 or SigP226 and you realize the benefits of being able to shoulder your weapon...amazingly accurate
View Quote

You know what?

Fuck you!

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You know what?

Fuck you!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what?

Fuck you!

LOL
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LMAO!

MP5's are fun as Hell and I love mine. Out of all the guns in my collection I find myself packing the MP5 on every range trip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait for the Scorpion Evo

LMAO!

Gilboa 9mm setup looks nice to me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ummm, ok. It gets no more dirty than any other gun that shoots 9mm and if you think its heavy  you need to work out.

Umm ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had an HK94. Sold it.

Umm ok.

A >3k factory HK94, I'm not about to leave laying around with carbon caked on it because you need to sacrifice a pile of t-shirts to get all of the carbon out, and even then...you can't be sure it's all clean. There's too many inaccessable nooks and crannies in it. Ever hear of this thing called rust? On an all-steel rifle like the HK, rust is bad, mmmk? Especially if you live in a humid area like I did for a while.

For a 9mm poodleshooter, it is heavy for what it does. There's plenty of lighter things out there that shoot 9mm.

No, 5.56 out of a 11" barrel isn't nearly the same as a 9mm. At 50 or 100 yards, 5.56 is way faster and has way better terminal effect, and will do way way more damage. Again, like I said in my original post...why shoot a pistol round when you can shoot a rifle round out of the same size envelope? There's no good reason ever to go with a 9mm over a 5.56 in the same size envelope (other than plinking and for fun, anyway). Sure, the 9mm is like shooting with the easy button pressed, but 5.56 isn't exactly like wrestling with a drunken and angry bear either.

If the OP wants to spend his money on one, fine. It's simply not all peaches and cream, and he should go into it with his eyes open. Every now and again I consider building up and SBRing an MP5K clone...that's about the only size envelope a 9mm subgun makes sense in to me (along with the TP9/Steyr SPP). Then I remember how much of a bitch it was to completely clean (though, if it's not a factory HK, I wouldn't worry as much about it), how expensive mags were, how expensive factory parts were...then throw in just the cost of it, to buy a gun designed 40+ years ago which SHOULD be dirt cheap but somehow isn't, considering the millions of them they've made...and then if you manage to find and buy one (if it's not a factory HK SP89) having to probably send it off to a reputable smith as odds are it won't run correctly out of the box (see the special weapons shit, and their other knockoffs)...

The HK roller locked guns are interesting and can be fun, I'll give them that. The ones I had in 9mm and 5.56 were reliable. I just couldn't justify, at the end of the day, having that much money tied up into something that was that...annoying, in all the little details.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There's no good reason ever to go with a 9mm over a 5.56 in the same size envelope (other than plinking and for fun, anyway).
View Quote

Yes there is: suppression.

You are never going to get an effective 5.56 suppressed to anywhere near the levels of an effective suppressed 9mm. Not even close.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#26]
do it they are a blast to shoot and the cool factor is high

the only firearm I regret selling is my HK SP89,Im going to replace it but it wont be the same

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Had an HK94. Sold it.

View Quote

Why would you clean it? They run great dirty and wet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They don't cost $3k, unless you want collectors quality. If you're gonna blast, you can find Em new for $2100. Used for considerably less. I see stories all the time of gun shops selling them for $1400.

You don't HAVE to have optics. They have good easily usable irons. Rails cost extra $ on any gun.lights too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's attach a dollar figure to this.  To replicate the configuration pictured above, I'm looking at about $3000.  That doesn't include the Aimpoint, which I already own.  This a serious chunk of cash, but I've lived half my life and you can't take federal reserve notes with you. Is shooting 9 mm projectiles at 100 yards maximum worth that kind of money when there's a 5.56 SBR in the stable already?

HK irons are perfection itself.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I haven't found an  AR that will fit in my man purse

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I am this close to buying a decent quality clone (non-HK) MP5 pistol and converting it to SBR.  I've always wanted one, but if I look at this objectively there's nothing it does that an AR15 SBR won't do better and I'm already covered in that area.  What say you?

Yes, the MPX is coming (someday), but 41P looms on the horizon and I can have something like this in my hands a mere 40-ish days after e-filing.  Here's what I'm thinking (pic stolen from web):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/lmm150/Message%20Boards/10282007373_zpsc61a35d9.jpg
View Quote
I've always wanted a MP5 type clone...  Something I can put my Octane 45 HD on....

I shot a suppressed full auto SBR one a year or so ago and it was pretty sweet...

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Do it!  That's my dream gun.  Let me live vicariously through you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A >3k factory HK94, I'm not about to leave laying around with carbon caked on it because you need to sacrifice a pile of t-shirts to get all of the carbon out, and even then...you can't be sure it's all clean. There's too many inaccessable nooks and crannies in it. Ever hear of this thing called rust? On an all-steel rifle like the HK, rust is bad, mmmk? Especially if you live in a humid area like I did for a while.

For a 9mm poodleshooter, it is heavy for what it does. There's plenty of lighter things out there that shoot 9mm.

No, 5.56 out of a 11" barrel isn't nearly the same as a 9mm. At 50 or 100 yards, 5.56 is way faster and has way better terminal effect, and will do way way more damage. Again, like I said in my original post...why shoot a pistol round when you can shoot a rifle round out of the same size envelope? There's no good reason ever to go with a 9mm over a 5.56 in the same size envelope (other than plinking and for fun, anyway). Sure, the 9mm is like shooting with the easy button pressed, but 5.56 isn't exactly like wrestling with a drunken and angry bear either.

If the OP wants to spend his money on one, fine. It's simply not all peaches and cream, and he should go into it with his eyes open. Every now and again I consider building up and SBRing an MP5K clone...that's about the only size envelope a 9mm subgun makes sense in to me (along with the TP9/Steyr SPP). Then I remember how much of a bitch it was to completely clean (though, if it's not a factory HK, I wouldn't worry as much about it), how expensive mags were, how expensive factory parts were...then throw in just the cost of it, to buy a gun designed 40+ years ago which SHOULD be dirt cheap but somehow isn't, considering the millions of them they've made...and then if you manage to find and buy one (if it's not a factory HK SP89) having to probably send it off to a reputable smith as odds are it won't run correctly out of the box (see the special weapons shit, and their other knockoffs)...

The HK roller locked guns are interesting and can be fun, I'll give them that. The ones I had in 9mm and 5.56 were reliable. I just couldn't justify, at the end of the day, having that much money tied up into something that was that...annoying, in all the little details.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had an HK94. Sold it.

Umm ok.

usually a change in extractors or bolt head fixes any issues with clones.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I vote for an HK53 clone.  Much... MUCH more fun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Being a dissenting voice, I probably wouldn't sink that much into a 9mm SBR in semi-auto.

For a 9mm semi-auto SBR, I'd be more interested in a DD 9mm AR. I read that someone is making those lowers again.  You'd have the advantage of parts commonality and availability.

Also-- and depending on local laws-- you are a long way towards getting a M-10 or M-11 NFA gun for the coin you are talking about.  They've been hovering around the $5K mark, but recently one did sell under $4K on gunbroker.  Deals can come up.   You could start -- as I am-- working towards a Lage upper and have a 9mm SMG rather than SBR.

Obviously, that path may not be the ideal one for you depending on your budget and intentions. It is simply something to think about.

M-10 version:

Disclaimer: Neither of the firearms posted here are mine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
To sbr a mp5 clone is it better to start with a pistol or carbine?
View Quote

Pistol just add 922r and stock no need to cut barrel.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You are never going to get an effective 5.56 suppressed to anywhere near the levels of an effective suppressed 9mm. Not even close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no good reason ever to go with a 9mm over a 5.56 in the same size envelope (other than plinking and for fun, anyway).

You do have a point, I stand corrected. I've never lived (for long) in a state that allowed cans, so I never really think of that application.

Having said that....300blk?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Get them both...........
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
usually a change in extractors or bolt head fixes any issues with clones.
View Quote

Fair enough. I've also been present in threads where a SW guns was welded on the cock, and needed to be rebuilt from scratch...etc.

I'm not saying they're bad guns, they really aren't. I just don't particularly care for them, after having both an HK94 and an HK93. (And that might be why I got hung up on how much of a PITA they can be to clean; if it were a clone, who cares? But actual HK hardware is very pricy, which means to me it needs to be spotless when I put it away, lest the tireless enemy of rust get to work)

It doesn't stop me from wanting to buy a Vector V53 pistol and SBRing it, and it doesn't stop me from wanting to buy an SP89 clone and SBRing it...but, I just don't want to build them as badly now that I've owned their full size cousins
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You know what?

Fuck you!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what?

Fuck you!

I posted it here the day it happened 5-6 years ago...I had worse said to me then  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Why aren't you just a killjoy?

You are right but they are awesome & everyone should have one. It brings a smile to everyone face when I introduce them to the F position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had an HK94. Sold it.

Why aren't you just a killjoy?

You are right but they are awesome & everyone should have one. It brings a smile to everyone face when I introduce them to the F position.

I don't think the OP is talking about one with a happy switch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Auto or semi?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Auto or semi?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Auto or semi?

He'd need to add another zero for a full auto one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Insane amounts of fun.  Especially if you can run it suppressed
View Quote

This.

There is nothing more fun at the range than seeing how fast you can clear a rack of steel plates with a semi-auto MP5 clone.

Or set up a course where you have to move and clear 5 to 10 steel popper targets with the timer running.

You can take an assortment of guns to the range, but everybody prefers shooting the MP5 clone over an AR or AK every time.

Buy it and don't look back!

Also, don't spend $50 to $80 for Hk German made magazines.

These are a lot cheaper and are very reliable:
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-30-Round-Magazine-KCI-4th-Gen-ON-SALE-p955.htm

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Do it!

Now I want an MP5k  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do it.
View Quote

Agreed. By far my favorite sub gun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#47]
In: It's a neat little carbine, even in SA. Really handy, no recoil, and it's cheap to feed. The POF is a pretty high quality clone that can take standard parts, and there's a lot of aftermarket support for MP5's. There's a lot of cool shit, but some of it can be kind of expensive. Eventually, you can get the FA trigger pack.

Out: For about a grand more (not including FA trigger pack for MP5), than a set up MP5 clone, you can get a real SMG. With the giggle switch. The M-10's and M-11's don't cost that much, and there's a lot of aftermarket stuff for those things too. Even different caliber uppers, the SABRE 5.56 upper was approved last year I believe.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Auto or semi?

I thought a full auto would be much higher than $3k, but $3k for a semi only seems somewhat ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Buy the POF 5. $1,500 for NIB. HK factory license, PUSH PIN LOWER, 3 lug and threaded barrel and actually marked MP5 on the receiver. This is the closest to a real deal HK MP5 on the market. Mine runs flawlessly. These always sell out within hours when a new shipment arrives. Another shipment should arrive in the next 30 days. Keep checking the Atlantic Firearms, Copper Custom and AGS websites.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Buy the POF 5. $1,500 for NIB. HK factory license, PUSH PIN LOWER, 3 lug and threaded barrel and actually marked MP5 on the receiver. This is the closest to a real deal HK MP5 on the market. Mine runs flawlessly. These always sell out within hours when a new shipment arrives. Another shipment should arrive in the next 30 days. Keep checking the Atlantic Firearms, Copper Custom and AGS websites.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/coppercustom_website/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_01981-1024x575.jpg
View Quote

Do you know the thread pitch?  9mm has one standard RH thread and one metric LH thread.

Never mind.  I see they are 1/2x28 RH.

My suppressor is 13.5x1mm LH.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top