Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing over Washington DC.

Imaging falling into that cesspool filled with land sharks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rosie O'Donnel's cleavage?
View Quote
Front or rear?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The guy on the ledge at Half Dome........Thats just Fu%$# Insane.  How do you stand up from that !
View Quote

Don't stand up, just scoot on your ass?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My toilet after a taco bell run?

The Grand Canyon Skywalk is kind of cool, but the indians who own it are a pain in the ass.
View Quote

I've heard that.  My sister says they don't allow cameras?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Done a couple of those - walked and rode across the Royal Gorge bridge, and looked over the edge of Half Dome.

what about those crazy Kiwis - bungee jumping off that tower in Auckland -

Nope, nada, no way. And those 2 walks in China - just forget it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Did't someone, or maybe it was a family of someones, crack the deck at the Sears Tower not long ago?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The guy on the ledge at Half Dome........Thats just Fu%$# Insane.  How do you stand up from that !
View Quote
This.

I've done a couple of those.

Have also walked across the Sky Harbour Bridge......at road level. Fuck going over the top.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope

Different perspective of the 600 meter cliff

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fuck those places........
View Quote

Royal gorge is awesome. I was hoping it made the list
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The edge of Mesa Arch in Canyonlands is pretty fucking scary. No railings there.

http://andrewnorelli.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/mesa-arch-4-of-8.jpg
View Quote

I love it there
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Hanging flume anyone

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

big difference between looking in willingly jumping, when your body is telling you everything about it is wrong
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

only 800-1200 or so feet depending on the type of jump you are doing, not to mention drop zones are usually pretty comfortable looking.  A lot of the places in the OP are twice that high and full of cement and glass.

big difference between looking in willingly jumping, when your body is telling you everything about it is wrong

plus blackhawk jumps are 1500 feet which a lot of the places in the link were around 1500
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My toilet after a taco bell run?

The Grand Canyon Skywalk is kind of cool, but the indians who own it are a pain in the ass.

Yup, they were also enforcing the no shoes policy, as they didn't want scratches in the glass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm surprised that the Kjeragbolten wasn't on there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Yeah, this was the worst one. Nope nope nope...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Devils Bridge in Sedona is rather butt tightening.

http://www.greatsedonahikes.com/devilsbr/photo%202.JPG
View Quote

I'm not a geologist but I think the term for that is rotten rock.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I did the Sears Tower (Willis to everyone else). The combination of height and the fact is was probably designed by an engineer with political ties instead of an excellent resume is sickening.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck all those places.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I did the Sears Tower (Willis to everyone else). The combination of height and the fact is was probably designed by an engineer with political ties instead of an excellent resume is sickening.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Did you escape from Il? You seem to be especially on the ball regarding how people get jobs in Chicago and you know the correct name of the second tallest building in  North America.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Zion isn't on the list?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

plus blackhawk jumps are 1500 feet which a lot of the places in the link were around 1500
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

only 800-1200 or so feet depending on the type of jump you are doing, not to mention drop zones are usually pretty comfortable looking.  A lot of the places in the OP are twice that high and full of cement and glass.

Interesting.  I did not know that.  It was only brought up as something I would have even had a chance to do once, but I didn't enjoy jumping as it was so I didn't take the opportunity.

As far as the thread goes, for some reason I think the ones with the glass floor look almost as scary as the more natural ones with no barrier.  Granted I am pretty scared of heights as it is, but damn, a few of those pictures made my stomach drop.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope, nope, nope...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I've done the CN tower and I
Thought that the back side of MacchU Pichu was much worse than that. There were a couple of spots which were barely wider than I was and it was clearly  over 1K feet down from there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#24]
nope
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Last one is Alex Honnold right? He is a beast.

I took this one and thought it came out nice.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Terrifying?

I don't see any spider in those pics.

I wouldn't do the Vegas one.....but I don't do rides like that anyways.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Meh. Once you've jumped out of a plane or pronated against a window at the top of the Stratoshpere, it's all kinda the same.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#28]
The Aiguille du Midi telepherique (#1 on the list) is pretty cool.  It's like something out of a Bond movie.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Devils Bridge in Sedona is rather butt tightening.

http://www.greatsedonahikes.com/devilsbr/photo%202.JPG
View Quote

If that pic is to whom you mention the butt tightening, more pics of tightened butt please
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Meh. Once you've jumped out of a plane or pronated against a window at the top of the Stratoshpere, it's all kinda the same.
View Quote

I have jumped out of a plane numerous times.  Looking at those pictures still make my balls creep back inside of me.  

Plus, there is a difference in doing something where you are supposed to (and have the equipment to) fall out of the sky, vs something that if something happens, you are SOL and you get to think about it until the final SPLAT.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Interesting.  I did not know that.  It was only brought up as something I would have even had a chance to do once, but I didn't enjoy jumping as it was so I didn't take the opportunity.

As far as the thread goes, for some reason I think the ones with the glass floor look almost as scary as the more natural ones with no barrier.  Granted I am pretty scared of heights as it is, but damn, a few of those pictures made my stomach drop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blackhawk jumps are scary dude ..like a 7 second delay on the static line and significantly higher
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is Honnold.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
22 is listed twice.

View Quote

I really like 22.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I've been on the Grand Canyon Skywalk. Pretty neat.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have jumped out of a plane numerous times.  Looking at those pictures still make my balls creep back inside of me.  

Plus, there is a difference in doing something where you are supposed to (and have the equipment to) fall out of the sky, vs something that if something happens, you are SOL and you get to think about it until the final SPLAT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my quirks is that I'm an altophile, so every time I am on one of those footpaths or peaks or even a fire escape I have the urge to just let go for the sheer joy of the fall. I'm still alive, so obviously I can control my urges. I don't get that urge when I'm at the controls of a bugsmasher, though; maybe that's part of the reason I got my license at 19.

I'd love to do an AFF course, but I'm not enthused at the thought of another person strapped to my ass for 10,000 feet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've been on the Grand Canyon Skywalk. Pretty neat.
View Quote

Yup, it's a memorable attraction.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Nope^24.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#38]
That guy sitting on that ledge in Yosemite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fuck that guy !  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not quite as terrifying, but will still twist you panties when she starts swinging.
ETA: The mile high swinging bridge at Grandfather Mountain, NC

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/uploads/2008/03/averycograndfmtn.jpg
View Quote

I was there 2 months ago. Thing does swing a mite. I got so puckered up I could taste the dryer sheets I used on my boxer shorts.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#40]
The Yeager Ditch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oddly, my first jump in the 82nd was from a UH-60, at 1500ft, 90kts.  Just sitting there barely able to hold onto the bird is a pretty uneasy feeling.  The "exit" is just the final 10% of what is inevitable, and felt like the least controlled jump I ever did.  Lots of air time from that one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#42]
For later
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That guy sitting on that ledge in Yosemite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fuck that guy !  
View Quote

Honnold has done that free solo at least twice, and on one of the occasions, he lost his composure a bit on Thank God Ledge (pictured).  The photog asked him if he needed help, but Alex told him he was OK, but just "needed a minute or two" to recompose.  So, a guy who can free solo solid 5.12d gets unnerved by the "5.0" traverse - yeah, it can get and will get to you ... at some point.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#46]
It may not look like it in the photo, but she would have taken the long scream if she would have fallen.

This path got so narrow in spots that two people literally couldn't pass each other if they had to. You had better hope that a tree stops you right away or that'll be pretty much the end of you. We thought there was a guest book that people were signing when we went back there. Later an English speaker told us that it was actually a check in and check out deal which is why they were screaming at us when we tried to walk by without signing back in.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#47]
I visited the north rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison once, here in Colorado.  I'd been to the south rim a number of times, it's relatively developed, has handrails and such.  I drove the long way around to check out the north rim, and found it undeveloped.  Walked right up to the edge, no warning, just bang, there it was.  2,600 feet straight down.  I um, sat down, then scooted back on my butt a few feet.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:49:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
It is Honnold.

http://youtu.be/ASmz_56XlzI

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is Honnold.

http://youtu.be/ASmz_56XlzI

If somebody told me I had to go there to save the world, my only response would be:

"You might as well just shoot me now, and save us both a lot of trouble later."

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:12:48 AM EDT
[#49]

Here's another one that should have made the list...

Beacon Rock

I've climbed that one, wasn't too bad... really nice view of the Columbia River Gorge.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Look at all those safety railings and that thick glass! Hahahahaha!

Sincerely,
Utah

P.S. 'Sup Norway and SA, you're still cool.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top