Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

See my dog comment. Seriously, that's exactly what some of them want. No real need for conversation, complete control, unwavering devotion, and a willingness to follow commands without question or hesitation. All without any real investment on their part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crying bitter tears, "Wah, men aren't valued anymore."

Next breath, "I refer to the opposite gender as a hole."  

Crying bitter tears, "Wah, American women are entitled princesses so I married an Asian.  She threw knives at me.  All women are evil."

Next breath, "Women are only needed in the kitchen and the bedroom."  

It would be almost funny if it were actual parody.  This is their reality though.  Bizarre.

See my dog comment. Seriously, that's exactly what some of them want. No real need for conversation, complete control, unwavering devotion, and a willingness to follow commands without question or hesitation. All without any real investment on their part.

Funnily enough, the women who might be ok with that are only looking for a penis and a paycheck.  Or maybe just a paycheck.  

That's the exact type of woman who has *ruined* them.  It's like the people who think Communism can succeed----it just hasn't been done *the right way* yet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crying bitter tears, "Wah, American women are entitled princesses so I married an Asian.  She threw knives at me.  All women are evil."

It would be almost funny if it were actual parody.  This is their reality though.  Bizarre.

That would be awesome if they could carry an interesting conversation. Maybe I should be looking at one of those big African Grey parrots
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol, at 21:42 she blasts the internet white knights

I think she's on the something. Simply put imho though, men dont want to take a chance and marry for fear of how divirce can ruin them. A woman can simply make a false allegation in divorce/family court out of spite, and then that mans world is turned upside down. The stories I read of men who have the job skills (doctors, etc...) to move to another country to escape some cunt who's taking 90% of his paycheck via family courts, makes me cheer for him.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I watched two close friends go through divorces.

One was sucked dry financially by a materialistic gold digger.

The other was accused of mental and physical abuse, his spouse got a restraining order, everything was going her way...until she was arrested for drunk driving with the kids in the car and got caught lying to the court on multiple occasions.  He actually ended up with full custody of the kids because her self-destruction was so obvious to all involved.  If she had held her lies together a little longer a great dad would have well and truly screwed.

Marriage is solely for the religious, makes no sense for men otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So what happens to the female 4s when the male 8s won't take em?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can someone give me cliff notes. She lost me after multiple air quotes.

Financially viable, 4 attractiveness, slightly overweight, non-drug-user hereosexual female = "I deserve a man who will value me as the princess that I am, and when I don't feel as if I'm valued as a princess, I will eject from the relationship and take half his paycheck with me"

Financially viable, 4 attractiveness, slightly overweight, non-drug-user heterosexual male = "Fuck, she won't give me the time of day"

Financially viable, 8 attractiveness, non-substance-abusing heterosexual male = "Fuck that noise, besides... she needs to work out"

That's what I got, anyone else?  Let's work as a team and see if we can piece this together.  C'mon guys, we can do this if we try.

So what happens to the female 4s when the male 8s won't take em?

Truck driving school.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Yay! Another BostonTerrier97 LBAW thread!

Quoted:
snip

An aside, for her content, she needs to write articles for her material, rather than simply read it on a video.  If she's going to sit there and read from her computer screen, that's great for her... but it sucks for her audience.  For the quality of language-in-content, I don't get a chance to really absorb all of the information she's presenting.

I could go back and sort the video, but that's less time for me to stay engaged... and I will disengage from the content.  She needs to present it as written content, otherwise it turns into a lecture.  And not a very good lecture at that.  

snip .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
snip

An aside, for her content, she needs to write articles for her material, rather than simply read it on a video.  If she's going to sit there and read from her computer screen, that's great for her... but it sucks for her audience.  For the quality of language-in-content, I don't get a chance to really absorb all of the information she's presenting.

I could go back and sort the video, but that's less time for me to stay engaged... and I will disengage from the content.  She needs to present it as written content, otherwise it turns into a lecture.  And not a very good lecture at that.  

snip .

I completely agree.

Quoted:

I did find her note on OK Cupid as a both funny and enraging.

People are picky and bitchy on the internet, I wouldn't take the those stats about perceived attractiveness to heart.

Quoted:
I've found that a lot of what the media spreads about dating difficulties and "rules" is BS.

People are people, always have been, always will be.

Might sound cliche', but be yourself, be respectful, and have fun.

Always worked for me.

This

Quoted:
Pretty much. The good ones don't stay single very long. There is a very narrow window where they are single between relationships.

Although the high divorce rates will leave plenty of single people out there. So there's that.

Of all the men and women that I have met, the only ones that bitch about not beaing able to find quality mates, are not quality mates, themselves. Or they have spent their entire life makeing very poor decisions, and they are rationalising their way around accepting their responsibility for their actions. So they shove the responsibilty across the table to the other gender.  Dindu nuffin, ya know?

And this.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
"Where are all the good men suckers at" .  There fixed it for ya.

Feminism has trashed American society and essentially made men obsolete, except for parallel parking and killing spiders. Govt subsidies, programs and the Judicial system have taken over the role of husband and provider.
It's really no wonder, you've done it to yourselves....its like you heard the first part of the old Enjoli perfume commercial " I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan...", then your brains collectively shut off from hearing anything else.

Marriage is no longer a 50/50 proposition, for the American male its a roulette spin betting it all on one number.  The odds of success are not in his favor so why bother.

Her video is right on point.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]

I just flat out have no need for a long-term relationship. Nothing against women in particular, I just prefer not to live with anyone or spend that much time with one particular person.

I've been married and divorced twice, had a live-in girlfriend for a few years, and have dated 25 or so other women the last few decades. I can get one anytime I feel like it with minimal effort, but I'm just not in the mood for it these days (I'm talking about relationships, not sex, that's a different subject).

The last four days I have played golf, been deer hunting with my dad and brother, built a fire in the yard and hung out drinking beer with some friends, whipped up two batches of homebrew beer, put up 6 dozen pickled eggs and four quart jars of homemade sauerkraut, picked a load of mustard greens to freeze, shot pool with my son at the American Legion, watched some football last night and right now since it's all rainy and dreary outside I'm enjoying an IPA, surfing the web and shooting some shit on Call of Duty on my son's old XBOX. Right now from my perspective, adding a relationship to that mix is going to cut into all my activities, and honestly I'm having a blast and have embraced and love being single and unattached. If I could describe it in one word it would simply be: FREEDOM  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well worth the 24 minutes.

When I was 27 I was finally ready to settle down. I was an E-6 in the USN with a good record and a promising career in front of me. By then I had been overseas for 5 years and had lived in Japan and Australia and knew that the Western Woman was not for me. The American culture has emasculated men and taught women that a man isn't need to the point where too many of the women I had dated were already Oprah's little minions. While living in Japan I toured Korea, Singapore, The Philippines, Thailand, China and Hong Kong where I found societies that still valued man's culture. Traditional male roles were honored and respected. Traditional women's roles were also honored and respected. Simple shit like men working and women staying home raising the children and taking care of the home were still practiced. Hell yeah I grabbed the best female from that culture I could find and married her. I treat her like a queen and she treats me like a king.

When I returned home on leave and told my former girlfriends that I was going to marry a woman overseas they were very interested in why. I wasn't brave enough to tell them that the American female culture sucked ... even back then in the 1980's ... and it's gotten worse since then.
View Quote

It's perfectly reasonable to want a SAHM for a wife. It's perfectly reasonable to value that in a wife one happens to find overseas. But accusing women who you didn't match up with  of "American female culture" (a bad thing) is neither useful nor fair. You're assuming your former girlfriends were doing something wrong and and you're painting American women as "Oprah's little minions". If they were that bad, why were they ever your girlfriends? Are they really assholes, or were they just not a good match for you?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That, or the "shitty things I've said to my honey" thread, or the "American Girls" thread, or any of the other numerous threads we've had recently and in days past.

Hell, some of them don't seem to want an actual woman at all. They want some sort of upgraded version of a dog. One that will fall at their feet regardless of whether they bathe, take care of themselves, act rude, shout and scream, or even hit them. One that lets them control every aspect of her life, including what and when she eats. One that knows a few extra tricks in addition to sit and stay, like "Lassie, clean! Lassie, cook! Lassie, blowjob!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just have absolutely no idea why some of you fellas can't find a good girl.  None at all.

Please refer back to the shower thread.

That, or the "shitty things I've said to my honey" thread, or the "American Girls" thread, or any of the other numerous threads we've had recently and in days past.

Hell, some of them don't seem to want an actual woman at all. They want some sort of upgraded version of a dog. One that will fall at their feet regardless of whether they bathe, take care of themselves, act rude, shout and scream, or even hit them. One that lets them control every aspect of her life, including what and when she eats. One that knows a few extra tricks in addition to sit and stay, like "Lassie, clean! Lassie, cook! Lassie, blowjob!"

I don't know about that.

Here's what I want (and I've found her, incidentally)

1)  Loyal
2)  Hard working
3)  Honest
4)  Not a "party girl"
5)  Loyal
6)  Intelligent
7)  Likes sex.

The rest, can all be had relatively easily.  Those qualities define someone (with regards to a relationship), and are not as easily faked over the long run.

You might read into that:  I want a puppy dog.  That's not true.  I want someone who has my back as much as I have theirs.  Up until her, I've not had that with any woman I've dated.  Especially the loyal part.  They were all loyal up until things required them to actually put their ass on the line as much as they demanded I did so.  Then they ran.

It really is a culture thing.  It also is really demeaning to guys to be treated like that, and the last girl before the one I'm with took me about 1.5 years of celibacy to be able to trust women at all and to get my self respect back.  

Men and women both hurt each other.  We both have our little stereotypical ways of doing it too.  Some of it is unreasonable expectation, some of it is selfishness, and some of it is culture.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I think she's really onto something.  The psychological need to feel respected is overwhelming in both genders.  But under both our culture and our laws marriage is a place that risks sticking men into an environment where they aren't respected, and it isn't easy to quit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Feminism has trashed American society and essentially made men obsolete, except for parallel parking and killing spiders. Govt subsidies, programs and the Judicial system have taken over the role of husband and provider.
It's really no wonder, you've done it to yourselves....its like you heard the first part of the old Enjoli perfume commercial " I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan...", then your brains collectively shut off from hearing anything else.

Marriage is no longer a 50/50 proposition, for the American male its a roulette spin betting it all on one number.  The odds of success are not in his favor so why bother.

View Quote

The spider killing statement made me LOL like a little bitch. Everything else is spot on. I vote this for post of the day.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They're all in the "Friend Zone" where they were put.

View Quote

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Beat me to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beat me to it.

Fair enough in its way, some women may relegate "good men" to the friend zone, but true good men don't stay there as if under house arrest
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#15]

The lady in the vid is attacking a strawwoman under the guise of replying to a post by some dumb bitch.

Of course having sky-high expectations of Mr. Perfect are as ridiculous as having no standards and settling for Ms. DTF. But it's a self-regulating problem! The dumb bitch in question is going to either lower her standards or up her game or be alone. How does that hurt anyone?

The lady isn't 'reaching' any dumb bitch and talking sense into her. She's just preaching to the man-choir. By holding up her strawwoman, she's not-so-subtly bragging about how much better she is. Guys, be careful of women who do this, it's a red flag. If she doesn't balance her critical view of other women with some acceptance of others and praise for the good things in the world, she might not be a very sweet person.

Instead of focusing on members of the opposite sex who have unrealistic expections, or too few expectations of decency, why aren't we focusing on how to make it work with reasonable standards and mutual respect? There's a happy medium here, and the successful people are finding it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't know about that.

1)  Loyal
2)  Hard working
3)  Honest
4)  Not a "party girl"
5)  Loyal
6)  Intelligent
7)  Likes sex.

The rest, can all be had relatively easily.  Those qualities define someone (with regards to a relationship), and are not as easily faked over the long run.

You might read into that:  I want a puppy dog.  That's not true.  I want someone who has my back as much as I have theirs.  Up until her, I've not had that with any woman I've dated.  Especially the loyal part.  They were all loyal up until things required them to actually put their ass on the line as much as they demanded I did so.  Then they ran.

It really is a culture thing.  It also is really demeaning to guys to be treated like that, and the last girl before the one I'm with took me about 1.5 years of celibacy to be able to trust women at all and to get my self respect back.  

Men and women both hurt each other.  We both have our little stereotypical ways of doing it too.  Some of it is unreasonable expectation, some of it is selfishness, and some of it is culture.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just have absolutely no idea why some of you fellas can't find a good girl.  None at all.

I don't know about that.

1)  Loyal
2)  Hard working
3)  Honest
4)  Not a "party girl"
5)  Loyal
6)  Intelligent
7)  Likes sex.

Oh, that's not what we're talking about.  I think most of us agree that what you found in your wife is absolutely the sorts of things both parties SHOULD bring to a relationship.  

Have you ever considered her to be just a hole?  Or that she's only useful in the kitchen and bedroom?  Or felt that if women didn't have vaginas they'd be hunted with dogs?

It's the men who say those things and then lament about not being able to find quality women that we're calling attention to.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But if they don't listen and go chasing something else we can't shoot em.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I kill or make pets out of spiders myself, and I'm awesome at parallel parking. I have my own job and money, and if I lost both, I could find more somewhere. I'm with you because you're my partner, my confidant and my greatest supporter. You're always on my side and you know me like I never imagined it was possible to be known. I lie down in front of you like a doormat and you pick me up and put me on a pedestal. I'm with you because you work with me to keep the passion alive.

Get it through your thick, sexy skull that I want you for you and I want to be wanted for me. If you want me to place the highest value on your provider status and if you place the highest value on my being a SAHM, then we're not a good match. But don't shit on my priorities because they're different from your own.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Truly, can you imagine living your life like that? As someone's accessory, completely dependent on them? How is me living my life, my way, on my own income, with my own interests and opinions and activities and friends, affecting your right to be a man, or a person. Its not. It may affect your ability to get someone to live subservient to you, but you may want to question why you find that attractive anyway. I can't imagine asking a man to live his life subservient to me..its wrong. Its giving up your being. I'm not willing, or even able, to do that.

Some of you guys want a submissive, dependent lap dog who seem surprised when they ulimately become unhappy and without means of support, sue you for alimony.

On the other hand, a disturbingly few women are truly people, in their own right.  It makes me sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When I was 27 I was finally ready to settle down. I was an E-6 in the USN with a good record and a promising career in front of me. By then I had been overseas for 5 years and had lived in Japan and Australia and knew that the Western Woman was not for me. The American culture has emasculated men and taught women that a man isn't need to the point where too many of the women I had dated were already Oprah's little minions. While living in Japan I toured Korea, Singapore, The Philippines, Thailand, China and Hong Kong where I found societies that still valued man's culture. Traditional male roles were honored and respected. Traditional women's roles were also honored and respected. Simple shit like men working and women staying home raising the children and taking care of the home were still practiced. Hell yeah I grabbed the best female from that culture I could find and married her. I treat her like a queen and she treats me like a king.

When I returned home on leave and told my former girlfriends that I was going to marry a woman overseas they were very interested in why. I wasn't brave enough to tell them that the American female culture sucked ... even back then in the 1980's ... and it's gotten worse since then.

Truly, can you imagine living your life like that? As someone's accessory, completely dependent on them? How is me living my life, my way, on my own income, with my own interests and opinions and activities and friends, affecting your right to be a man, or a person. Its not. It may affect your ability to get someone to live subservient to you, but you may want to question why you find that attractive anyway. I can't imagine asking a man to live his life subservient to me..its wrong. Its giving up your being. I'm not willing, or even able, to do that.

Some of you guys want a submissive, dependent lap dog who seem surprised when they ulimately become unhappy and without means of support, sue you for alimony.

On the other hand, a disturbingly few women are truly people, in their own right.  It makes me sad.

Marriage is one plus one equaling one, like common core mathematics.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I think this whole equal sharing business without equal financial contribution is the downfall of marriage in this country. Then it just becomes a matter of time for her finding enough "reasons" to take half your stuff and leave. I would advise a young man to find a wife overseas where long term traditional marriage is still the norm. The worse thing is the princess mentality that goes along with how female children are raised these days by their failed single mothers living off their baby daddies financial assets. Men aren't viewed anymore as a partner, more as a sperm donor and a future paycheck once the ink on that marriage certificate dries. Hell most women don't even bother trying anymore- they feel entitled to a quality man while just getting by in their own life waiting for "Mr. Right" to come along.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View Quote

Uxbee!

When someone complains about being "friendzoned" I always wonder if:

a). they narrowly escaped being used by a bad woman
b). were willingly playing the lackey to a bad woman and just want to bitch
c). if they're creeping on a woman who doesn't want them but just hasn't said "get away from me, creep!" yet.

I think it's a totally BS term that doesn't help anyone make sense of unrequited love situations.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Needs to spend more time cleaning her kitchen and less time bitchin'.
View Quote

You, and others like you, are the reason feminists can paint American men as stupid.  That woman is the best ally the MRA community could hope for and you reflexively shit on her simply because she's female.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think this whole equal sharing business without equal financial contribution is the downfall of marriage in this country. Then it just becomes a matter of time for her finding enough "reasons" to take half your stuff and leave. I would advise a young man to find a wife overseas where long term traditional marriage is still the norm. The worse thing is the princess mentality that goes along with how female children are raised these days by their failed single mothers living off their baby daddies financial assets. Men aren't viewed anymore as a partner, more as a sperm donor and a future paycheck once the ink on that marriage certificate dries. Hell most women don't even bother trying anymore- they feel entitled to a quality man while just getting by in their own life waiting for "Mr. Right" to come along.

View Quote

Stumbling across Ms. Right while overseas is one thing. Going after foreign women because you think they'll match your expectations is another entirely.

Bitter, angry women write stuff about men that's like the stuff you just wrote. It's all equally pointless to bitch about men and women in general. You aren't dating a population, you're cherry picking people who are awesome for you.

If you don't like American society, work to change it. Raise your children differently from how your neighbors raise theirs, put up an anti-misandry billboard, fight to change divorce laws. Just quit bitching about American women. Because we're half of you, just like you're half of us.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Holding a BLT sandwich she just made.

Honestly, there are times I'd settle for a woman that could actually cook.

Don't know how many times I've heard the phrase "I don't cook,'' yeah, that's a dealbreaker right there, EVERYONE, be they male or female, should be able to cook. If you can't, or if that's a phrase to let the other person know that eating out will be the norm  or housework is below them, that's a strike against you. [and yes, I DO cook, I don't bake simply because I suck at it because I can't change the ingredient amounts without really bad results happening]
View Quote

Being able to cook is important. It's not a dealbreaker to me. Maybe a red flag.  Claiming not to cook is even less of a red flag. If you're awesome, we can work around the food thing. I'd eat dogfood the rest of my life that was the deal to be with Mr. Right.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I started watching with the expectation of "tl;dw," but ended up listening to the whole thing. Very interesting.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I remember when divorce carried a stigma, and I think that stigma needs to return.

View Quote

But it wasn't just shame, it was a dichotomy of shame versus honor.  Back in the day, a man would be shamed for an unwarranted divorce, but conversely would be held in esteem for being a father and husband.  That's why I think the video's comment about shaming behavior - from the left or the right - isn't going to work this time around is spot on.  There has to be a carrot and the stick to modify behavior.  If not, if it is just a choice of stick or more stick, that's when you see people rebel and opt out.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I rode the "American Girls" thread all the way down, but I missed this one.  Help me out?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I rode the "American Girls" thread all the way down, but I missed this one.  Help me out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oooh, I'll try to find it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

But it wasn't just shame, it was a dichotomy of shame versus honor.  Back in the day, a man would be shamed for an unwarranted divorce, but conversely would be held in esteem for being a father and husband.  That's why I think the video's comment about shaming behavior - from the left or the right - isn't going to work this time around is spot on.  There has to be a carrot and the stick to modify behavior.  If not, if it is just a choice of stick or more stick, that's when you see people rebel and opt out.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember when divorce carried a stigma, and I think that stigma needs to return.

Well said. Marriage itself is an insufficient end-goal. There's nothing good about a bad marriage. We'll only value good marriage. Without a safe 'out' from a bad marriage, both socially as well as financially, the prospect is unappealing for both genders. There's an imbalance because while the 'out' is socially safe for both genders, it's generally not as safe for men as for women (though personally, my marriage was the opposite of the norm). The answer is to make it equal and safer financially, not to make it unsafer socially for both genders. Or we can decide that marriage itself is obsolete (like every single couple I know in France), and embrace the unknown of a new society for better or for worse.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Talk talk talk
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm personally happy guys are opting out of all the BS cultural shit we are raised with. If you live in a big city you can go out and get laid any night of the week and not have to worry about anyone interfering with your financial future. Independent financially secure women seem to be coming to the same conclusions, they can have fun and then settle later on at any point if they chose to have kids. The recession and inflation have probably sped up this new trend of not getting married, retiring with a million in thirty years wont be shit, gambling your future on a marriage is simply not smart if you are middle class.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Uxbee!

c). if they're creeping on a woman who doesn't want them but just hasn't said "get away from me, creep!" yet.

I think it's a totally BS term that doesn't help anyone make sense of unrequited love situations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uxbee!

It's not BS.  The FriendZone is real, and every guy has been in it at least once in his life.

However, what most fail to realize is that the guy is there voluntarily.  He put himself there.  Any man who is honest with himself will understand that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There are great men and there are great women. They DO exist.

View Quote

No such thing, they appear great until you look under the hood.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Smart woman.

I'll add this:  There are a lot of keepers out there.  I've found that they are all taken by the time they are 25 though.  Most of the good women I meet that are a compatible age are already married.  Most of the single ones are untenable.  If you lose the game of musical chairs and find yourself single later in life you need to sort through a vast sea of unacceptable mates to find one of the good ones.  That search can lead one to become jaded.  I assume this is also true for single women.

I'm not looking for a beauty queen either.  Just someone with a positive outlook and a good head on their shoulders.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm with Tweeter... Marriage, much like the other Oath I took was suppose to mean something both now and forever... When I entered into marriage much like when I enlisted, I was suppose to hang in both good times and bad, and not bail at the first sign of trouble or hardship... just like my parents and there parents before them...

You both worked at marriage and treated each other with respect and took care of each other and always had each others back...Faith in something greater then yourselves. I love and cherish my  wife, she is the best thing that ever happened to me. Sure we have had our ups and downs, but then there was never an option to just say "Fuck it, I'm done with you".

Part of that is our faith, and that we have a Daughter we love and want to be a good example for. And perhaps we  have learned that our relationship is worth more then anything you can buy or own.

I hear all these guys talk about being single and how much fun they have... maybe so, but when you reach the twilight of your time in this life, when all that materialistic crap is meaningless and the most prized possession you have is your health...your going to want some one to walk hand in hand with you until the end...I know I do.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#38]
My wife just got done making yeast rolls and some amazing turkey, vegetable, and wild rice soup.  It uses a cream and turkey stock base and rosemary from the window herb garden I set up for her.

Then she took the oldest boy with her to the store so they could get some fill-in groceries.  She came back with another 1.75 liters of Evan Williams and surprised me with a marzipan Ritter Sport candybar... which happens to be my favorite.

She keeps the house clean, I bring home bacon.  I don't mind her cold feet and she lets me fly my quad copter around the house.

It all works out when you find the right one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's not BS.  The FriendZone is real, and every guy has been in it at least once in his life.

However, what most fail to realize is that the guy is there voluntarily.  He put himself there.  Any man who is honest with himself will understand that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uxbee!

Labeling a situation "The FriendZone" doesn't help a person take accountability for his or her role in the situation. The term 'friendzoned' turns it into something where a friendzoner does something unfair to passive friendzonee.

It's like "White Privilege" or "Male Privilege". You can make a case that it does happen, but it feeds a victim mindset that you're just better off without. And you'll never agree as to whether you were a victim or you just aren't wanted that way.

So the terms are useless at best, and harmful at worst and should be stricken from our lexicon.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#40]
And on this page we also witness one of the interesting dichotomies of male preference that women get to deal with.

On one end, we have Paul, who wants a woman to stay at home, raise the children, and keep house. Essentially, a Stepford wife, not that there's anything wrong with that. On the other end of the spectrum, we have Dindu_Nuffin, who wants a woman that is an equal financial contributor, essentially a career woman with earning power similar to his.

Paul would be dissatisfied with the women Dindu prefers because they would be unwilling to give up their career and go Stepford. He would resent the woman because she would not stay at home with the kids and have a hot meal on the table for him when he got home. Dindu would be dissatisfied with the women Paul prefers, because he would see her as a leech. No matter how clean the house or hot the meals, she would not be contributing financially, so he would resent her.

Trying to force a woman of one type to occupy the role of the other type will lead to resentment all the way around as well. Should Dindu pick a "Stepford", then insist she get a job, she would resent that. Should Paul pick a career woman, then insist she stay at home, she would resent that.

A woman needs to be careful to figure out what sort of man she's getting into a relationship with, and whether his ideals line up with her goals in life. Men also need to be cognizant of what their ideal is, and be careful to figure out what sort of woman they are getting involved with.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uxbee!

Yes. Those that complain the loudest and most frequently are those who are not honest with themselves, or anyone else for that matter.

This brings me back to my "pushing the blame across the table to the other gender" comment.

The friend zone is very real, most men will find themselves there at some point, no harm and no foul. It does have benefits, in some sotuations. Those that live in the friend zone have serious issues. Those are the guys that offer no benefit as a mate, for what ever reason. So there they remain, single. Where they most likely belong.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.  I think you are looking at it in a very biased light.

My wife is a stay at home mom.  She also has her masters degree and could go to work tomorrow if she wanted.  She chooses to stay at home with my son (and hopefully another soon).  She also has more free time than I do.  We split cooking and cleaning (I am better at both ).  She volunteers part time and very much has her own life.  Come to think of it, she has a hell of a lot more free time than I do.   Subservient?  Not hardly.  

I have a young man that works for me.  He is around 25, still lives at home and frankly stinking rich.  Every dime he makes goes into savings.  He also happens to be a devout Christian and refuses to have sex outside of marriage.  Your average female around here is about 3 kids deep.  He would be out of his damn mind to marry any of them, much less have sex with them.  

As to him being a virgin, I think there is a lot of value in that, despite what GD will tell you.  Because the fact is if you can put up with someone without having sex with them then maybe there is something to it.  Men will do the dumbest shit JUST because they are getting laid.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well said. Marriage itself is an insufficient end-goal. There's nothing good about a bad marriage. We'll only value good marriage. Without a safe 'out' from a bad marriage, both socially as well as financially, the prospect is unappealing for both genders. There's an imbalance because while the 'out' is socially safe for both genders, it's generally not as safe for men as for women (though personally, my marriage was the opposite of the norm). The answer is to make it equal and safer financially, not to make it unsafer socially for both genders. Or we can decide that marriage itself is obsolete (like every single couple I know in France), and embrace the unknown of a new society for better or for worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is all occurring today, as  we destroy family formation.  Marriage establishes many little firewalls for society and the team within it.  Bust that up, and let the state be daddy and mommy.  This is how it changes.  And guess what, your new mommy and daddy isn't concern with your uniqueness as a special snowflake.  They want conformity.  Welcome to the new way.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Smart woman.

I'll add this:  There are a lot of keepers out there.  I've found that they are all taken by the time they are 25 though.  Most of the good women I meet that are a compatible age are already married.  Most of the single ones are untenable.  If you lose the game of musical chairs and find yourself single later in life you need to sort through a vast sea of unacceptable mates to find one of the good ones.  That search can lead one to become jaded.  I assume this is also true for single women.

I'm not looking for a beauty queen either.  Just someone with a positive outlook and a good head on their shoulders.
View Quote

You assume that there's a universal 'good woman' or 'good man'. There really isn't. Perhaps the ones you find to your liking tend to marry while still young, but other people have other tastes and that's ok.

I see older people find love all the time. My dad's and his friends are all doing ok after divorces and widowerhood, I see lots of serious partner material out there for people my age.

I don't think it's that bad. You just have to respect your own wants and needs and not waste time chasing the incompatible people.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I took 24 minutes out of my life and watched the video. Not what I expected from a woman with that haircut.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Uxbee!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uxbee!

I "friendzoned" a woman I met 20 years ago.  Good looking girl, but I could sense the crazy.   I loved crazy girls at one point....but I didn't want to find my pet rabbit in the stew pot.  She is still a close friend.    

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And on this page we also witness one of the interesting dichotomies of male preference that women get to deal with.

On one end, we have Paul, who wants a woman to stay at home, raise the children, and keep house. Essentially, a Stepford wife, not that there's anything wrong with that. On the other end of the spectrum, we have Dindu_Nuffin, who wants a woman that is an equal financial contributor, essentially a career woman with earning power similar to his.

Paul would be dissatisfied with the women Dindu prefers because they would be unwilling to give up their career and go Stepford. He would resent the woman because she would not stay at home with the kids and have a hot meal on the table for him when he got home. Dindu would be dissatisfied with the women Paul prefers, because he would see her as a leech. No matter how clean the house or hot the meals, she would not be contributing financially, so he would resent her.

Trying to force a woman of one type to occupy the role of the other type will lead to resentment all the way around as well. Should Dindu pick a "Stepford", then insist she get a job, she would resent that. Should Paul pick a career woman, then insist she stay at home, she would resent that.

A woman needs to be careful to figure out what sort of man she's getting into a relationship with, and whether his ideals line up with her goals in life. Men also need to be cognizant of what their ideal is, and be careful to figure out what sort of woman they are getting involved with.
View Quote

That's a weird sentence. The term Stepford is an insult. Stepford wives are brainwashed or otherwise coerced. Of course there's something wrong with that. If Mrs. Paul wants to be a SAHM and a housewife, she's not a Stepford wife.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#49]
THis lady is pretty well spot on, especially talking about male identity after divorce.  My kids were gone, I was killed financially  and I really didnt feel like seeing the next day due to not feeling like a man anymore.  Its taken

me a few years to resolve those issues, only to have that challenge presented again with a young lady I still very much care for.  I handled it much better, but watching the vidoe has put things into perspective for me.  I

wont bash women, because with a failed relationship we both fucked up some....thats something else that took awhile for me to realize.  Anyway, watch the video pretty decent.  Now putting back on my ARFCOM hat I

should say that serving wench needs to take her shoes off, get back in the kitchen, and make me a damn sammich!!!  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:...
Marriage is solely for the religious, makes no sense for men otherwise.
View Quote

Marriage is good for people who: understand a partnership, knowledgeable enough to build a good one, and mature enough to keep it running.
It's a partnership used to provide a solid foundation for instilling good values into the people that need to populate our society after we leave.  It also provides a great method of support for the building of those young people without over-burdening either parent.

I ain't got enough religion to fill a teaspoon, but marriage suits me just fine.  In fact, the system works so well for so many people, it's proved to be ideal raw material for many civilizations.

I know enough folks in the same boat to call your statement what it is: an opinionated bunch of baloney,

If you realize that more folks simply need to take marriage and parenting seriously (as opposed to fucking as a simple recreation activity), and take a critical look at why divorce is actually wrong (gasp)... you might actually be staring at a root cause for so many of the fucked up kids in this country.

But, you know... I could be wrong.  It's probably because I came from a set of brainwashed parents bound to the oppressive lock-step models of the fascist patriarchy.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top