BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How much tinfoil did you leave at Walmart?
View Quote
He's right. I have been receiving DoD force protection advisories and bulletins suggesting the same thing with social media.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

im at least 5 pounds lighter than that guy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wrong.  You are posting on one. Your position can be determined by your IP, or the cell towers your phone pings.  Your digital footprint is already in the gigabyte range. And given the history of databases being hacked,  all of that information is most likely up for sale.

Not having an online presence is a flag.  Having an online presence can create flags.  
You are fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.
Basically, you are fucked.

BOHICA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are fucked.  You worked for the man?  He keeps tabs on you at all times...you will be one of the first to go...because you are a trained killer.

Nope. This house has zero social media. And all of our phones have location turned.         OFF

Wrong.  You are posting on one. Your position can be determined by your IP, or the cell towers your phone pings.  Your digital footprint is already in the gigabyte range. And given the history of databases being hacked,  all of that information is most likely up for sale.

Not having an online presence is a flag.  Having an online presence can create flags.  

BOHICA.

Brain wave readers. You left out brain wave readers.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes it does.  It shows where you are posting from.

As for who is home, traffic analysis can determine who is surfing. (Wifi isn't as secure as most people think).  

We live in a digital fishbowl.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are fucked.  You worked for the man?  He keeps tabs on you at all times...you will be one of the first to go...because you are a trained killer.

Nope. This house has zero social media. And all of our phones have location turned.         OFF

BOHICA.

But my IP doesnt show when I am on vacation. When I am alone or when my family is alone.

As for who is home, traffic analysis can determine who is surfing. (Wifi isn't as secure as most people think).  

This....even more so for those that have a Nest thermometer, computerized security system, using those frequent shopper cards, credit cards, that black van parked out front, putting Mail on hold, etc.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Is this another North Korea thread?
View Quote

Nature snubbed us cruelly by denying us Korean birth, but we are not entirely useless?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Im at least 10 lbs lighter than that guy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I'm not going to do that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And tuna fish
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stock bullets and canned chicken. No tinfoil.

And tuna fish

A Finnish guy I knew once was fond of saying "There's only two things in the world that smell like tuna fish....and one of them is tuna fish."

You can guess what he was alluding to.  

Sorry ladies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A Finnish guy I knew once was fond of saying "There's only two things in the world that smell like tuna fish....and one of them is tuna fish."

Sorry ladies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stock bullets and canned chicken. No tinfoil.

And tuna fish

Sorry ladies.

Finger's?

Edit: too much.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LEOs and military are being targeted in their homes. I really don't like it. I'm serious, where has chivalry, respect and honor gone in this country? Its like no one has any morals any more. No dignity. Nothing. Everyone is out for attention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Against who exactly? Or is this just another "hope my shtf fantasy comes to life" threads?

Against others. Line has been crossed. Not playing anymore.

You should always protect yourself against others.  What has changed in the last day?  I do agree that people should be careful about what they post on social media because it just makes things easier for parasites to get to you.

LEOs and military are being targeted in their homes. I really don't like it. I'm serious, where has chivalry, respect and honor gone in this country? Its like no one has any morals any more. No dignity. Nothing. Everyone is out for attention.

Does this mean they'll stop the take home car programs for officer safety? Cause that would be fucking awesome.
As much as I do enjoy maintaining 30% more cars than required and getting bitched at by some officers about how they can't leave THEIR car in the shop for maintenance while on vacation as they need it available to park in front of the house while out of town to discourage ne'er do wells, or the struggle of getting to work in/having to buy gas for the POV. Not having to deal with that is a sacrifice I would gladly make to get them home safely, or keep them safe at home, whatever the case may be.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks OP, deleting SpaceBook in the other window as this is being typed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome. Glad I could help at least one
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Does this mean they'll stop the take home car programs for officer safety? Cause that would be fucking awesome.
As much as I do enjoy maintaining 30% more cars than required and getting bitched at by some officers about how they can't leave THEIR car in the shop for maintenance while on vacation as they need it available to park in front of the house while out of town to discourage ne'er do wells, or the struggle of getting to work in/having to buy gas for the POV. Not having to deal with that is a sacrifice I would gladly make to get them home safely, or keep them safe at home, whatever the case may be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Against who exactly? Or is this just another "hope my shtf fantasy comes to life" threads?

You should always protect yourself against others.  What has changed in the last day?  I do agree that people should be careful about what they post on social media because it just makes things easier for parasites to get to you.

I have know idea what your referring to. But awesome. Glad i could help you too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He's right. I have been receiving DoD force protection advisories and bulletins suggesting the same thing with social media.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real OPSEC or command tired of scandals, embarrassment, and other drama stemming from stupid posts and trying to dissuade it under the guise of OPSEC?

ETA: maybe PERSEC not OPSEC or both? I should've stopped before I clicked on this thread.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This....even more so for those that have a Nest thermometer, computerized security system, using those frequent shopper cards, credit cards, that black van parked out front, putting Mail on hold, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BOHICA.

But my IP doesnt show when I am on vacation. When I am alone or when my family is alone.

Naw, that van is just there to monitor vehicular traffic.  The nice guys inside told me so.  All that fancy gear is to listen to talk radio.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh for fucks sake this site is starting to suck
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Wish I had a Valmet M82.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Real OPSEC or command tired of scandals, embarrassment, and other drama stemming from stupid posts and trying to dissuade it under the guise of OPSEC?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

PERSEC, and it has mainly to do with ISIS/ISIL/IL, or what ever they are calling themselves today, trying to get lone wolf attackers to target mil and LE using social media as a way to identify targets.  This shit has been all over the news for weeks.

eta:

Families are specifically mentioned as to be targeted as well. Not just the mil or LE member.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
But what about my AOL account, damn, OP, never mentioned my AOL account.  

Better dig up a floppy to see how to delete it.
View Quote

Fuck you I've had the same AOL email addresses for twenty years!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

ETA: maybe PERSEC not OPSEC or both? I should've stopped before I clicked on this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reeeeeaaaaalllly guy? What do you know of OPSEC? Or personal security. Really I want to know.

Edit: he googled it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a Facebook that has very minimal information. I hardly ever post to it, and when I do it is always lacking in specific information. Location is off on posts, I have to approve items before they hit my timeline, as well as tagging.

As far as my LinkedIn, there's no fucking way I am doing away with that.

You know what an employer or investigator thinks when you have NO social media presence? Raises more red flags than questionable information.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have a Facebook that has very minimal information. I hardly ever post to it, and when I do it is always lacking in specific information. Location is off on posts, I have to approve items before they hit my timeline, as well as tagging.

You know what an employer or investigator thinks when you have NO social media presence? Raises more red flags than questionable information.
View Quote

I think this is likely true.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

And like minded. Time to protect yourselves and your family. Id suggest deleting your myspace and linked accounts first.

Edit: linkedin. Sorry. Got it wrong when I google my wife linked in comes up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably.  I still use Linked In as well.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you have ever posted on the internet you can be found

If people know your name or you pay taxes you can be found

I will not live in fear, I will just be prepared

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

MY GOD, they have sent people back in time to kill .mil and police??????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And like minded. Time to protect yourselves and your family. Id suggest deleting your myspace

MY GOD, they have sent people back in time to kill .mil and police??????

"ARE YOU SARA CONNER?"
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And like minded. Time to protect yourselves and your family. Id suggest deleting your myspace and linked accounts first.
Edit: linkedin. Sorry. Got it wrong when I google my wife linked in comes up.
View Quote

I think I need to go buy more Reynolds Heavy Duty, this is going to require an entire suit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I concur. But you should still delete your facebook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur. But you should still delete your facebook.

You should get a better router
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perrrrty much.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#32]
#twointhebrownoneinthetrayvon
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does this mean you'll stop your ass/pussy/Tranny part hurts posts

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/8bit0QV.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/8bit0QV.gif

We sure would hear the bitching if they cut the program like he/she wants and they didn't need them to work there anymore.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
PERSEC, and it has mainly to do with ISIS/ISIL/IL, or what ever they are calling themselves today, trying to get lone wolf attackers to target mil and LE using social media as a way to identify targets.  This shit has been all over the news for weeks.  

eta:

Families are specifically mentioned as to be targeted as well. Not just the mil or LE member.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta:

The Mil and LE could just as easily use social media as bait.  It works w/ the pedos.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The Mil and LE could just as easily use social media as bait.  It works w/ the pedos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta:

Tried it when the first alerts went out. No takers yet
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? if you are over 30 and/or married, you have little use for social media outside of some work or interest related websites and e-mail.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#41]
The chair is against the wall.
I repeat: The. Chair. Is against. The. Wall.

That is all for now.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not the Myspace!
View Quote

Yep...all the glittery glitchy gifs and music player have to fo now
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even me? I knew I was an asshole but I didn't think I was THAT bad

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#44]
-73 internet points
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Op living off the grid:

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Are we guessing OP's weight.  I say 250+

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"If there is even one thing we can do to reduce this violence, if there’s even one life that can be saved, we’ve got an obligation to try."

Is that you Barack?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top