Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2014 7:45:06 AM EDT
came up on my newsfeed today. what say you arfcom?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Should run against Warren.

Fake Indian vs. Indian American.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#2]
No. Cruz/Walker 2016.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
nope

personality of wet cardboard
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Versus Julian Castro?

Better than the establishment tards. But probably not good enough to win.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope. Not voting for any Republocrats again so long as I shall live.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
No candidate is ever good enough for GD.

I will vote for a cardboard cut-out of Dale Earnhart if he's running on  the republican ticket.

Refusing to vote is voting for the other side.

Any Third Party vote is a vote for the Hildabeast

Super conservatives will fail to attract the independent voters that will decide the election.

We have to win, and regain control.

Then we can hash out the details.

The house and senate control what bills go to the president, not vice versa.

We need to own the chair, who cares who's sitting in it, as long as it's not a Liberal.

All that aside, I like Bobby Jindal, and I would happily vote for him.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I say yes. Outsourcing to Kenya shire as shit was a failure.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. Cruz/Walker 2016.
View Quote

I don't see any way Cruz would make it.  Too much despised by the independents that are sorely needed to win an election.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I will vote for a cardboard cut-out of Dale Earnhart if he's running on  the republican ticket.

Super conservatives will fail to attract the independent voters that will decide the election.

We need to own the chair, who cares who's sitting in it, as long as it's not a Liberal.

View Quote

Hillary is highly unlikely to be the Democrat candidate, and would be the easiest to defeat with an aggressive mudslinging campaign.

The DNC will likely nominate Julian Castro.

He will be extremely difficult to defeat. He's low on baggage, high on appeal with moderates. He locks the Hispanic vote and has a better chance to swing Texas in 2020 if not 2016.

Most of the GOP hopefuls wouldn't stand a chance. Not Christie, not Jeb Bush (so much for his plan of appealing to Hispanics), nor pretty much any of the others.

Jindal avoids the pasty-white-guy appeal hurdle. But he still isn't appealing to typical moderate voters. He has no draw among Hispanics. He is not charming compared to Castro. Castro will clean his clock in debates and public appeal.

The GOP is pretty much fucked if Castro gets the DNC nod.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't see any way Cruz would make it.  Too much despised by the independents that are sorely needed to win an election.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. Cruz/Walker 2016.

Cruz has two things going for him: The energy to be appealing in debates, and some appeal to Hispanics (enough that Castro won't have that voting block locked down).

Appealing to moderate voters isn't about the issues. Moderates are retarded. Appealing to them is about appearance, energy and good soundbites. Cruz has those things going for him, actually. Moreso than the other, extremely lame GOP candidates.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

yup...it is working soooooooooo well

even before the Repubelicans take office in Jan...McConnell is stating they will NOT shut down the govt in the fight against amnesty

add to it the 1+ trillion budget passed by Bonehead (Crying Man) Boehner  so Obama can fund his illegal executive orders.

Sorry but I have ZERO faith in Republican leadership

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

even before the Repubelicans take office in Jan...McConnell is stating they will NOT shut down the govt in the fight against amnesty

add to it the 1+ trillion budget passed by Bonehead (Crying Man) Boehner  so Obama can fund his illegal executive orders.

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch

+1

That's the strategy that's been failing us for the past 50+ years, if we keep at maybe our luck will change.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch

Shutting down the government cost the GOP several senate seats and the governorship in VA, It did zero to help the situation, educate the American people or stop the growth of government. I used to think it was a cool way to show that we have to much government and  that life goes on without a giant government. Now that we have tried it shutting down the government is just a failed tactic.

Sounded good, failed miserably. Lets go with more social media, targeted advertising and re building ( or building) a good brand.  How about Rand Paul and Walker?

Or Walker Cruz?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shutting down the government cost the GOP several senate seats and the governorship in VA, It did zero to help the situation, educate the American people or stop the growth of government. I used to think it was a cool way to show that we have to much government and  that life goes on without a giant government. Now that we have tried it shutting down the government is just a failed tactic.

Sounded good, failed miserably. Lets go with more social media, targeted advertising and re building ( or building) a good brand.  How about Rand Paul and Walker?

Or Walker Cruz?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch

Or Walker Cruz?

I would support Rand Paul / Scott Walker.  

no one else is appealing

Cruz has a 0% chance.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch

It failed because a bunch of fucktards compromised early in the game, just as it was getting good.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#16]
No.
Jindal just does not have the image nor the personality of a Man who would frighten our enemies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

no one else is appealing

Cruz has a 0% chance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch

Or Walker Cruz?

no one else is appealing

Cruz has a 0% chance.

Paul has zero chance against Julian Castro. He's so pasty-white that it sickitates me. Moderates will laugh at him like a day-walking Ginger.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

God damn this line of thought is so incredibly retarded its not funny. I'll admit that I used to think this way too. Until I realized there is hardly a dimes worth of difference between the republican and democrat party. A vote for some sorry rino is not going to accomplish a fucking thing.

This idea that all we have to do is give them control of Washington and they will "hash out the details" is ludicrous.  They currently have both houses of congress thanks to a huge landslide in the midterms and they are already capitulating. They're rolling over and accepting defeat before they even try to fight.

A vote for the GOP establishment is worse than a vote for whatever democrap shit bag they run because a vote for the GOP establishment simply prolongs the suffering.

The staggering majority of the GOP are anything but conservative. They are just an ever so slightly different flavor of big government authoritarians and anyone who thinks they will make any meaningful change in Washington once we give them power is either diluded, willfully ignorant, or just plain naive.

I'm not saying there are a bunch of awesome alternatives out there right now but one thing is for certain. Neither the dems OR the current GOP establsihment are going to turn around this country. They will only perpetuate our current mess.  

A vote for some rino is a vote to continue this shit. At vote for  a third party is at least a vote to break the cycle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Who da Fuck is Bobby Jindal?

Or

#whodafukisbobbyjindal
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zip, Squat, Nada, Zilch

So you think a democratic control of the Senate was better? and a Democratic President will be better then some lame Republican?

The problem is that all of you want to vote for a candidate that does not exist; a super conservative that supports the values of AR15 .com and can win the election.

I  want to marry a supermodel who loves to shoot, hunt, fish, suck and fuck, who will cook me bacon for breakfast, blow me and go out in the shop and load me some ammo while she's doing my laundry.

Doesn't exist, and if she did, she wouldn't marry me.

And your candidate doesn't exist either, and if he did, he would be unelectable.

I am a pragmatist.

The choices are: crappy Republicans, or even worse Democraps.

I choose crappy Republicans.

If you think there are other choices, you are deluded or an idiot.

We are a tiny minority, with no political clout.

we are connected to a larger group, gun owners in America, they are connected to Conservatives. But it is a large, diverse group, made up of millions of points of view. And altogether we are still to small to win an election without independents.

And it/we are growing smaller and weaker every year.

The only way we gain control is by opening the tent to a larger, and even more diverse group.

We need Hispanics, Indian/Paki Americans, Orientals and Blacks. We need Ben Carsons, Bobby Jindals, and the people they can appeal to.

We need to invite these people in and show them that our way is better.

But we can't do it unless we are in control.

As long as we are outside throwing rocks, we're just naysaying rabble.

We have the Legislature, now we need the executive.

We MUST have the Presidency so we can load Scotus and the federal bench. IT is VERY Doubtful that all of the Supremes can last another election cycle. The next president will select more Justices. Do we want Hillary or her ilk making those selections?

If we have OUR MAN in the chair, we can have our reps introduce the kind of legislation we want/need, and pressure them to sign/pass it.

If the opposition is there, we can't even have a voice.

Trying to put an uber conservative in office in this cycle is  a loser.

Win the election, show that conservatives can govern, start drifting the country back to the right, put forth a more conservative in the next cycle, building on success.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#21]
J.G.Wentworth 2016

It's my money, I need it now!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No. Cruz/Walker 2016.
View Quote

Walker is a much better choice for the top of the ticket.

And AG is a much better use for Cruz's talents.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

No.

Jindal just does not have the image nor the personality of a Man who would frighten our enemies.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
nope

View Quote

And this is why our country is fucked.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No. Cruz/Walker 2016.
View Quote

+1

Let's get real, solid candidates.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Versus Julian Castro?

Better than the establishment tards. But probably not good enough to win.
View Quote

+1

Castro will fire up the base and get every Hispanic vote.  We can do better than Jindal.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Cruz has two things going for him: The energy to be appealing in debates, and some appeal to Hispanics (enough that Castro won't have that voting block locked down).

Appealing to moderate voters isn't about the issues. Moderates are retarded. Appealing to them is about appearance, energy and good soundbites. Cruz has those things going for him, actually. Moreso than the other, extremely lame GOP candidates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. Cruz/Walker 2016.

+1

We need someone with fire in their belly.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#28]
You may argue about velocity, but the trajectory this country is on is unmistakable.

Unless the candidate supports the 2nd Amendment down to his DNA he doesn't get my vote.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You may argue about velocity, but the trajectory this country is on is unmistakable.

Unless the candidate supports the 2nd Amendment down to his DNA he doesn't get my vote.
View Quote
Jindal is a solid 2a supporter. im looking for a candidate who can beat Hillary!

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Uninspiring.   Republicans need someone with enough charisma to get the middle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Aw, what's the matter, my opinion upset you ?  Let me remind you what a pansy we have in the WH right now, number one reason why everyone
of our enemies are shittin' on us right now, the USA is weak.

Show me evidence that Jindal has balls.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Voting for a moderate Republican is a wasted vote.  Might as well vote D. The Republicans have run a moderate for president every election since Reagan. Look at what that has gotten us. Bush 1, Dole, Bush 2, McCain, and Romney.  All were good men, but none of them were fiscal conservatives.

Case in point - GWB appointed Roberts to the Supreme Court,  Roberts upheld Obamacare.

The difference between mainstream R and D is small. Not enough to matter,  just a matter of which special interest is getting kickbacks.  Another moderate Republican in the wh is just another vote to circle the drain, just as a slightly slower pace than the D. I'd rather vote D and get this thing going already than prolong the inevitable

Moderate Republican candidates do not appeal to voters. Look no further than McCain or Romney.    I'd rather go out fighting for someone who actually will make a difference than somebody who is just slowing the pace of stupidity

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
nope

View Quote

This.  Even in the extremely red state of LA, he's merely tolerated as governor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

You can all you want. He's right.... and I've voted for Jindal both times.  Jindal has all the passion and personality of a bowl of vanilla pudding.  Do you not remember his Republican speech to counter the presidential-address?  Jindal is not, and has never been a great public speaker.  He sounds like he's trying to sell a health insurance policy when he's trying to get his policies across. It's just the way the dude is.

That being said, if he is the nominee (which he wont be) yeah, I'll vote for him.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Jindal is not going to be the nominee.

I'm fairly certain Cruz isn't going to run this cycle. If he planned on running he wouldn't be doing the things that make people want him to, he's not positioning himself for a general or playing ball with TPTB. He's too smart to make that bad a play, think he's more interested in senate leadership down the road.

Neither of those guys have the charisma required to be president, I'm not sure who does.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You can all you want. He's right.... and I've voted for Jindal both times.  Jindal has all the passion and personality of a bowl of vanilla pudding.  Do you not remember his Republican speech to counter the presidential-address?  Jindal is not, and has never been a great public speaker.  He sounds like he's trying to sell a health insurance policy when he's trying to get his policies across. It's just the way the dude is.

That being said, if he is the nominee (which he wont be) yeah, I'll vote for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Whom ever ends up on top of the heap will always get my vote against the Democrat, but I will be doing so reluctantly.
Chris Christie ( for example ) has my respect because the guy does not back down, he is known as a bully in NJ ( the guy will eat you up if you challenge him ) I do not like him, but he will get my vote against any Democrat.

I really like Walker because he has survived the Dem and Union onslaught in his State.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#37]
... No, we need a Romney/Palin ticket to bust muthafucks loose
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Aw, what's the matter, my opinion upset you ?  Let me remind you what a pansy we have in the WH right now, number one reason why everyone

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

I understand where you're coming from but there is more to being potus then scaring the shit out of our enemies. right now our biggest enemy is the democratic party. save the snark for someone else!

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Shutting down the government cost the GOP several senate seats and the governorship in VA,
View Quote

Kindly enlighten us: Which Senate seats do you believe would have been won by the Republican candidates if the government "shut down" of 2013 had not occurred?  

While you're at it, explain how the Republican party establishment's refusal to fully fund the Republican candidate for Virginia governor effected the outcome of the election.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I understand where you're coming from but there is more to being potus then scaring the shit out of our enemies. right now our biggest enemy is the democratic party. save the snark for someone else!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Sure, no hard feelings .
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Or

#whodafukisbobbyjindal
View Quote

He's the milquetoast who gave the pathetic Republican response to the state of the union address back in 2009. It was sad. Like him.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
He's the milquetoast who gave the pathetic Republican response to the state of the union address back in 2009. It was sad. Like him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or
#whodafukisbobbyjindal

That speech sucked but that's not how Jindal is normally.  The GOP wanted a nice happy positive non-threatening, non-white response to Black Jesus so they put Jindal up.

Jindal would be better than any Democrat, but I like Ted Cruz and Scott Walker a lot more.  But Jindal is a reformer-type politician like Walker who works to fix the disastrous mess the Blue State Model has created.  While Walker went after public employee unions, Jindal has been trying to get as many kids out of the public school system as possible.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know about 2016, not ready to make that call but Castro WILL be President in 2020. Mark it down.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd vote for Jindal over Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Chris Christie, etc.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Sure, no hard feelings .

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

Sure, no hard feelings .

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Meh

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#47]
The US isn't going to vote for a president that was governor  in a state that the largest employer in that state is Exxon/Mobil.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top