Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/21/2014 5:02:53 AM EDT
The "Perfect Christmas" ain't much good if you ruin it by stressing yourself out and turning into a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:03:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Shut the fuck up.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shut the fuck up.
View Quote

I came here to post the same thing . I was planning on using an exclamation point, though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I really wish the whole thing would go away....All it's good for is slowing down the mail.

You want to celebrate the birth of baby Jesus then there's a place to do that......Go to church.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a mouse in the house. I went to wally world to get a mouse trap. I asked an employee, "Where are the mouse traps? Apparently they're not in the Pet Care section. Not a pet, just want it dead".

Not even a smirk.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I love Christmas. I loved it when I was a kid and our tree came out of a store dumpster, and we decorated it with popcorn and paper chains, and I love it now that it's me and my best friend staying up all night, each eager to see the other's face as they open their gifts.

Life is what you make it. That includes Holidays.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't hate Christmas, but I hate winter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I came here to post the same thing . I was planning on using an exclamation point, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shut the fuck up.

Same here!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shut the fuck up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love Christmas. I loved it when I was a kid and our tree came out of a store dumpster, and we decorated it with popcorn and paper chains, and I love it now that it's me and my best friend staying up all night, each eager to see the other's face as they open their gifts.

View Quote

Please stop being well-adjusted.  I want the stabby XCRmonger back.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would it make you feel better of I told you I put a big chocolate dick in his stocking?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Would it make you feel better of I told you I put a big chocolate dick in his stocking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It might.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't give gifts for Christmas except to children, it takes all the stress out of it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That dog is adorable 10/10 would pet

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#14]
My wife was complaining about me being grumpy this week... I guess I didn't notice. She's always right though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My wife was complaining about me being grumpy this week... I guess I didn't notice. She's always right though.
View Quote

Sounds like she's trained you well.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Grumpy
Yep thats me.
I ruined Christmas yesterday.

First I yelled at my daughter for texting wile my wife and I waited to go get the tree.

Then I commented that the tree they chose was already dropping needles.

Time to scram so off to the gun range.

Come home "Where is mom" I ask  my daughter who is franticly texting. No answer so I ask again. Still no answer.
I blow up and do my I Phones are destroying you  thing.

Wife emerges from the bathroom- "You have ruined Christmas again"
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I can't stand the holidays, and the rest of my family knows better than to try to drag me into anything silly. I got all of that out of my system when I was young

I "celebrate" (I.E. take notice of) a couple of historical dates but that's about it. For the most part holidays just really, really annoy me, along with all the manufactured cheer, whining brats, fake well-wishing and $8-hr bell-ringing douchecanoes.

Of course, I did put up a Christmas tree in my house. My mom commented on how pretty it was when she stopped by a couple of weeks ago... I didn't have the heart to tell her I'm just going to leave it up all year to show how NOT special it is
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:40:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Dude. I work in a hospital ER. You don't even know what I see this time of year.......

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll be glad when this shit is over.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't hate Christmas, but I hate winter.
View Quote

Amen!!! I hate winter more each year. I long for my hopeful retirement to a warmer climate.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I hate this time if year.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I hate this time if year.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#23]
First Christmas alone

Ive been one of the grumpy ones
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#24]
It's hard to enjoy this time of year because of the attitudes of so many.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#25]
i spend christmas time with my girlfriend and her family, there is just so much less drama that way,

somehow she always can tell when my big sister has tried to contact me, and it somehow coincides with my little sister calling to check on me "out of the blue" .
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Shut the fuck up.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The "Perfect Christmas" ain't much good if you ruin it by stressing yourself out and turning into a bitch.
View Quote

My Mother died December 20th a few years ago.  Kinda puts a damper on the seasonal festivities for me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#28]
... guess I just don't notice it as much as some of you
Good time of year: Two weeks off, spending time with loved ones, friends and dogs. Giving to whom you like. And it certainly helps living in a temperate climate. There's much to be happy about
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Christmas sucks and all this "Pants up, don't loot" and "I can't breathe, I can talk but I can't breathe" bullshit has made it just that much more miserable.  And reading that tweet from the murdered cop's kid has just made it sad, as well.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Was raised by an orthodox Jewish father and a hard core pre-reform Catholic mother.

The holidays are just days shit is closed and the mail doesn't come for me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#32]

I have always disliked from Turkey day time to 1Jan.  Well, always would fall under...since I joined the work force 25 years ago.

Being in the Transportation industry, we get all the fucking weekend warrior drivers, holiday dumbfuck drivers, and last minute shoppers, completely fucking up our work area.
When they get snippy, I will roll down the window and ask them how they would like it if I started a volley ball match in the isle of WalMart when they need to stock the shelves..
If they would like it if we started a basketball game while they are on fry detail.

Not to mention, that my guys might get hung up in a truck stop in Detroit, Jersey, etc. because the warehouse gets 4 days off and forgets to tell us.

Dec 31st is like a national "fuck it, I can drive drunk" day.

Its a three ringed fucking circus for 3-4 weeks.

We should move Crimmus to sometime in June, that way we can have 3 slack ass weeks when it is god damned warm and can actually do something or go somewhere.

Who lays out the most time for fuck off in the middle of fucking frozen hell time?  Some dumbass, thats who! So the roots of dumbass are spread.

Fuck Crimmus Time!

Thats why I moved to Houston, pretty warm here for Crimmus time campin'

This morning I am hauling the WR in to the woods to go play in some single track

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm not a huge family guy, never have been.  My fiance and I are going back to Oregon for Christmas and I have to put on a fake I love Christmas and family schtict because her and her family all are like that.

If it were up to me I'd like to be left alone with a bottle of scotch some cigars and my xbox.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I spend Christmas alone. The last time I didn't was when I flew cross-country to visit my sister, and she along with my brother in law spent the entire day staring at their fucking phones.

It's better to be alone. I guess that makes me grumpy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#35]
My dpg and I must have been bad this year. All we wanted  was snowbanks to chrush on our atv and play ball in.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#37]
I like it, for the most part.  The wife always separates us from a large sum of money, but the kids enjoy it.  I'm happy if they are happy.  Also, just ordered myself a little holiday cheer from BCM, an 11.5 upper to finish off my latest SBR.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Bah Fucking Humbug!!!!  I growled at some stupid woman at Walmart yesterday.

...............................just waaaaaaaayyyyy too many stupid people in this world to be "merry"
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#39]
I hate it because my folks split up when I was a kid and I always has to choose between Mom or Dad. Also scheduling for work on Holidays were a bitch because no one wanted to work, so more often than not I would work. Jan 2 was always a relief.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I like this time of year. Growing up, my family was pretty normal, so there was not a lot of holiday drama. I still lo0k forward to seeing them this time of year, especially if I am lucky enough to have that time off and am not 1,000 miles away for work.

I've been grumpy as hell this week, but for other stupid reasons. I'm not normally like that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shut the fuck up.

Me too
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shut the fuck up.

Yup ... shut this one down ... the first post was the only appropriate answer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Grumpy
Yep thats me.

First I yelled at my daughter for texting wile my wife and I waited to go get the tree.

Come home "Where is mom" I ask  my daughter who is franticly texting. No answer so I ask again. Still no answer.

View Quote

Well played. That will teach them next year to be merrier and not fuck with you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#44]
I work part-time as a cashier for some extra bucks.

Yesterday was 8 hours dealing with assholes. Chatting away on their cellphones while I'm trying to get info from them, bitching because the item didn't ring up a price to their liking, loading up the counter with shit, then changing their mind and walking out.

Fuck...it's a miracle I wasn't learning the names of my new cellmates last night.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shut the fuck up.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shut the fuck up.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Grumpy
Yep thats me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Grumpy
Yep thats me.

I prescribe

dose in the amount and frequency necessary.

Quoted:
Quoted:

My Mother died December 20th a few years ago.  Kinda puts a damper on the seasonal festivities for me.

when I was a yoot a kid down the street's grandparents lived with them. Christmas day his Grand Dad died. What a bummer.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#48]
'Tis the Season.

Deal with it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#50]
If the focus is in the right place, Christmas is a wonderful time.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top