[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
RIP to the officers, I feel just horrible for them and for their families.  

I too fear this will become an epidemic.  We must find a way to severely deter and punish thuggery (and I'm fine with off the books actions for those who deserve it) yet not fall into a trap of taking liberties of the good folks.
View Quote

With Sharpton. Obama, Jesse, BET, Hip-Hop and MSNBC all subtly ENCOURAGING this kind of violence, what else is to be expected?

TRG
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And they'll have the Inspections guys start nailing guys for it left and right. This is not the first time this stuff has been tried.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And their supervisors will tell them to respond to another job instead of going two cars to every call.

Take 20 minutes to drive 3 blocks?  Get lost on the way?  Accidently hit a parked car en route? Plenty of ways I can think of to disobey orders without really disobeying.

And they'll have the Inspections guys start nailing guys for it left and right. This is not the first time this stuff has been tried.

I assume there is a way to make the pocketbook hurt.  I have heard a 7 body jet can be configured in flight for weather or trim and burn thousands of pounds more fuel an hour.  a minor maintenance item, takes it to the shop and out of service.  These things have been done in the airline industry and people noticed and figured out it was in everyone's interest not to fuck over the rank and file.

It does appear the PD was used as political fodder by the mayor.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#4]

I fucking love her
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I posted this just before the other one got canked. It's respectfully addressed to Sylvan, but I hope it conveys to others some of the issues many have with LEOs on this site:

Sir, equating .mil to LEO is not always analogous, in terms of conduct, training, and discipline, as well as a myriad of other variables, great and small. 

American police are not a monolithic organization, as they are comprised of over 18,000 state, county, and municipal organizations. As such, they do not have a truly centralized TRADOC or UCMJ to guide and discipline them, and to apply general and specific lessons learned. LE are, by nature, regionalized, and to a certain extent, Balkanized, as it were. 

We're a nation of 316 million individuals policed by approximately 8,000,000 sworn peacekeepers. The VAST majority of LE encounters are consensual and uneventful. Police Use of Force is used in somewhere around 2% of all contacts. 

A soldier has a clearly defined chain of command and responsibility, a police officer, not so much. Oftentimes, he must react quickly, and even violently, to a threat, with little to no backup or support. 

Many LEOs on this site endeavour to explain the great deal of gray areas that abound amongst the TTPs, agency policies and procedures, civil service rules, city ordinances, state statutes, and Constitution. Some take it as supportive of a certain officer's debated reactions, or outright dismissal. 

If you knew how it is among LE, you might be amazed at how utterly critical we are of each other, and how we try to share lessons learned, best practices, and dissemination of those hard won lessons. 

A great many issues and events discussed on this forum are rather black and white in how one should deal with it; many more are so varied in shades of gray, it'd put a rainbow to shame. 

I'd like to think I am harsh but fair in most discussions on LE matters, and I do my best to be a self critical and open minded in that regard. 

I would just ask that you try to find a common ground with those you disagree with and perhaps we can all come to a better understanding and complete and thorough comprehension of how much of a challenge it can be at times policing a free and independent people, in a permissive environment. 

We all strive to be better officers, public servants, and individuals. 

As well as make it to retirement with our wits, our health, and our good humor intact.

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG

Not true, this pissing contest between military and LE is ridiculous. When obvious wrong doing has occurred all the cops here call it out. I criticize LE here all the time when it's deserved.  Just because you think they were wrong does not mean they were wrong in every instance. Get a grip.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Just had to go there, didn't you
Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I posted this just before the other one got canked. It's respectfully addressed to Sylvan, but I hope it conveys to others some of the issues many have with LEOs on this site:

Sir, equating .mil to LEO is not always analogous, in terms of conduct, training, and discipline, as well as a myriad of other variables, great and small. 

American police are not a monolithic organization, as they are comprised of over 18,000 state, county, and municipal organizations. As such, they do not have a truly centralized TRADOC or UCMJ to guide and discipline them, and to apply general and specific lessons learned. LE are, by nature, regionalized, and to a certain extent, Balkanized, as it were. 

We're a nation of 316 million individuals policed by approximately 8,000,000 sworn peacekeepers. The VAST majority of LE encounters are consensual and uneventful. Police Use of Force is used in somewhere around 2% of all contacts. 

A soldier has a clearly defined chain of command and responsibility, a police officer, not so much. Oftentimes, he must react quickly, and even violently, to a threat, with little to no backup or support. 

Many LEOs on this site endeavour to explain the great deal of gray areas that abound amongst the TTPs, agency policies and procedures, civil service rules, city ordinances, state statutes, and Constitution. Some take it as supportive of a certain officer's debated reactions, or outright dismissal. 

If you knew how it is among LE, you might be amazed at how utterly critical we are of each other, and how we try to share lessons learned, best practices, and dissemination of those hard won lessons. 

A great many issues and events discussed on this forum are rather black and white in how one should deal with it; many more are so varied in shades of gray, it'd put a rainbow to shame. 

I'd like to think I am harsh but fair in most discussions on LE matters, and I do my best to be a self critical and open minded in that regard. 

I would just ask that you try to find a common ground with those you disagree with and perhaps we can all come to a better understanding and complete and thorough comprehension of how much of a challenge it can be at times policing a free and independent people, in a permissive environment. 

As well as make it to retirement with our wits, our health, and our good humor intact.

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG

Dick move..

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#8]

I'm not ready for this to be real.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:27:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG
View Quote

Wouldn't be the first time. Won't be the last.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I was trying to ask this in the shitfest other thread, but what did DeepBallsio do to piss the cops off so bad? I must have missed that one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Plainclothes PD unit whose job it is to drive around and check on cops. Sort of like IA lite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who are "inspections guys?" Uniformed or civilian?

Plainclothes PD unit whose job it is to drive around and check on cops. Sort of like IA lite.

But they are still cops!  What a bunch of cuntfaced fuckwads they must be then to hook guys up in a time like this.

ETA:  Sorry for the thread derail.  This situation is just very upsetting to me.  I have LOTS of friends on the NYPD.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:28:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was trying to ask this in the shitfest other thread, but what did DeepBallsio do to piss the cops off so bad? I must have missed that one.
View Quote

He essentially called them racists who murdered Garner.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I assume there is a way to make the pocketbook hurt.  I have heard a 7 body jet can be configured in flight for weather or trim and burn thousands of pounds more fuel an hour.  a minor maintenance item, takes it to the shop and out of service.  These things have been done in the airline industry and people noticed and figured out it was in everyone's interest not to fuck over the rank and file.

View Quote

Rulebook slowdown usually works. Do a full vehicle inspection at the start of shift (like you're supposed to) and any car that doesn't pass gets put out of service. But NYPD cops are lazy and don't want to get stuck on a footpost.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:28:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And their supervisors will tell them to respond to another job instead of going two cars to every call.

Take 20 minutes to drive 3 blocks?  Get lost on the way?  Accidently hit a parked car en route? Plenty of ways I can think of to disobey orders without really disobeying.

Supervisors can get fucked.  We were one man units in Savannah and we would respond as backup units when "one wasnt needed".  Get on the street instead of hiding in the precinct...shit pissed me off.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#17]
RIP Hero's.

May God punish the scum of the earth who cheered in their deaths and may obama, holder and sharpton rot in Hell and get ass raped by Satan every second.

Something has to give before long.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:29:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG

Do we need to go there again?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:29:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But they are still cops! What a bunch of cuntfaced fuckwads they must be then to hook guys up in a time like this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who are "inspections guys?" Uniformed or civilian?

But they are still cops! What a bunch of cuntfaced fuckwads they must be then to hook guys up in a time like this.

Sgt's and above.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#20]
PBA President Lynch Blames Protesters, Mayor For Officers' Murder

Now is a time of grieving, Mr. Lynch said. “We’ll mourn for our city and we’ll mourn for our brothers,” he said. “We’ll straighten our shoulders, we’ll stiffen our backs and we’ll wipe our tears.”

But he warned, “When those funerals are over, we’ll raise our heads and those who allowed this to happen will be held accountable.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG

They both have good points, but he ain't wrong.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#22]

That's pretty much how I see it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG

no.  hopefully the guy who got called out (right or wrong) will ignore the post and let the thread continue on.  its still breaking news there is good info in here.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I've not been the biggest LEO fan over the years, but this horrendous act sickens my stomach. I also know how much this hits home for all of the LEOs here and I justwant you guys to stay strong and keep safe. Hope the next guy that tries something like this gets his fucking face blown off before he knows what hits him. Prayers for the families of these fallen officers.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Rulebook slowdown usually works. Do a full vehicle inspection at the start of shift (like you're supposed to) and any car that doesn't pass gets put out of service. But cops are lazy and don't want to get stuck on a footpost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rulebook slowdown usually works. Do a full vehicle inspection at the start of shift (like you're supposed to) and any car that doesn't pass gets put out of service. But cops are lazy and don't want to get stuck on a footpost.

wide brush your painting with.....

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:32:19 AM EDT
[#26]
i'm just all kinds of angry about this.
I have nothing good to say,
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#27]

I wanna give that girl a hug.

And other stuff.

Also,

IBtSL
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:32:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

problem with this is the vast majority of the public are not behind the mayor or rev sharpfuck......if one of the public dies because leo is slowing down then what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take 20 minutes to drive 3 blocks?  Get lost on the way?  Accidently hit a parked car en route?  Assigned unit comes up with some reason to call for plenty of backup (Someone on the street yelled at us that they have a gun and then fled).  Plenty of ways I can think of to disobey orders without really disobeying.

If guys have balls and get creative enough, and stick together, there's no fucking way the bosses can control what goes on.

problem with this is the vast majority of the public are not behind the mayor or rev sharpfuck......if one of the public dies because leo is slowing down then what?

The majority of the New York city's public also elected to not being able to defend themselves, support that maniac bloomberg and ostracize people who believe in the Constitution.   I am trying really hard to give a fuck to what happens to them if the police start standard operations following the book by the letter and the criminals take advantage of that.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:32:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We should have public executions for cop killers. I know this particular guy is dead, but this is a crime that we can't allow to happen. Being a hate crime has no bearing on this. Our society doesn't function if people feel it is OK to go out with the intent to kill law enforcement officers and do it.

Hanging them is too good for them, but will suffice IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been said that since the two officers (RIP) were minorities, this can't be considered a "Hate-crime" or some such shit.

I would just like to point out, those two men , sitting in a car, maybe with caps on, would look pretty "white" to me.  

Maybe the asshole just hit the two cops he happened across, and maybe he thought this was two white cops in the same car.

Maybe NYPD should make it a policy that any white/asia/hispanic officer has a black partner.

Nah. The usual suspects would say that's racist for some reason.

We should have public executions for cop killers. I know this particular guy is dead, but this is a crime that we can't allow to happen. Being a hate crime has no bearing on this. Our society doesn't function if people feel it is OK to go out with the intent to kill law enforcement officers and do it.

They'd be hero-martyrs and the result would be civil war which Holder Obama and Johnson would put down......and they would be completely biased in that put down.

Better to secret them away and let them quietly disappear unheralded and unremembered.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I'll switch it to "NYPD cops".
ETA. Edited.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Rest in peace, officers.

Burn in hell, shitbag.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is Mr. Goat still with us?
No

Was that his actual screen name?

Anyway, RIP officers, you probably won't be that last.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#33]
RIP

Nothing more....
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#34]
RIP brothers

Everyone watch out for each other and yourselves.

Stay Safe,
Rob
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No

You don't mean TRG, do you?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:34:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The majority of the New York city's public also elected to not being able to defend themselves, support that maniac bloomberg and ostracize people who believe in the Constitution.   I am trying really hard to give a fuck to what happens to them if the police start standard operations following the book by the letter and the criminals take advantage of that.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take 20 minutes to drive 3 blocks?  Get lost on the way?  Accidently hit a parked car en route?  Assigned unit comes up with some reason to call for plenty of backup (Someone on the street yelled at us that they have a gun and then fled).  Plenty of ways I can think of to disobey orders without really disobeying.

If guys have balls and get creative enough, and stick together, there's no fucking way the bosses can control what goes on.

you make a good point....but granma doesn't deserve to be raped because leo was slow to a call...............
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No

No, completely different member.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the shooter had a connection to Brooklyn?   There was an pretty epic response from pataki in the other thread as well condemning the rev and deblasio as well.

Obviously RIP to the officers.
View Quote

People have posted 4 (four) arrests of this guy in GA.  He was a banger, a muslim, a pot smoker and angry.  Bet his rap sheet is way bigger that what we know now.

Prayers for the fallen, their families and all LEO tonite.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No

No, screen name was Mr. Goat. He posted that it was good that the two cops were murdered in the first thread.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#41]
It amazes me that there are posters on this board that are literally twice my age, yet they act like fucking children.

Can we please get the fuck back on topic and stop with the bullshit bickering about LEOs and military?

Prayers to the family members.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been said that since the two officers (RIP) were minorities, this can't be considered a "Hate-crime" or some such shit.

I would just like to point out, those two men , sitting in a car, maybe with caps on, would look pretty "white" to me.  

Maybe the asshole just hit the two cops he happened across, and maybe he thought this was two white cops in the same car.

Maybe NYPD should make it a policy that any white/asia/hispanic officer has a black partner.

I respectfully disagree. We aren't above the people, we are from.the people. It was like this just before 9/11, LE were being maligned regularly,  sometimes for good reason.

Disrespect for established institutions is being taught and accepted at all levels of society,  and reinforced by the President himself.

We need to teach respect at an early age, and expect it from each other.

We're not special, we're just regular folks, doing a thankless job for some unthankful folks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Pataki Blames Mayor and Holder for Shootings

Former Gov. George E. Pataki of New York, a Republican, blamed Mayor de Blasio and United States Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. for the shootings of the officers.

“Sickened by these barbaric acts,” Mr. Pataki wrote on Twitter, “which sadly are a predictable outcome of divisive anti-cop rhetoric of #ericholder & #mayordiblasio.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the problem. You shouldn't have to be an insider to see it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

In before the second lock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're wrong.

Sylvan's right.

TRG

In before the second lock.

Damn goats ruining all the threads.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

When you (any current/former/retired LEOs) see something like this, do you forward it to any LE? Just curious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When you (any current/former/retired LEOs) see something like this, do you forward it to any LE? Just curious.
Yes.  This stuff is dispersed throughout the agencies, at least at the fed level.  I don't know about at the state and municipal level but often times we share stuff between each other too.  W/ that said, by the time it is passed along, it's too late, never happened, or you already know about it.

LE could definitely do a better job at keeping up with social media, but then that goes into NSA type shit and how do you truly find certain hot items that need further looking w/out going full on iron fist on the whole social media.....slippery damn slope.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It amazes me that there are posters on this board that are literally twice my age, yet they act like fucking children.

Can we please get the fuck back on topic and stop with the bullshit bickering about LEOs and military?

Prayers to the family members.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are cop killers worse than any other killer.. I'm all for public executions, but why limit it to just cop killers?

You take a life, yours should be taken.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Former Gov. George E. Pataki of New York, a Republican, blamed Mayor de Blasio and United States Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. for the shootings of the officers.

“Sickened by these barbaric acts,” Mr. Pataki wrote on Twitter, “which sadly are a predictable outcome of divisive anti-cop rhetoric of #ericholder & #mayordiblasio.”

Fuck Pataki.
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top