Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy shit. NO .  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3.5 ECO-BOOST. I have had 2 so far and in my opinion they rock! Price should be around 60,000 out the door.
Holy shit. NO .  

This..

I'd wait for the prices and demand to drop a bit.

$60k is nice heavy duty w/ a diesel $$$
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That is my dream truck

At that price you can get the Duramax/Allison.

2500 HD

Yes, FBHO and UAW but the Sierra is a better truck(IMHO)
Duramax is a hotrod and is best in most testing

And the 1500 with 6.2 un-corked would be beast.

1500 Sierra
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For 60k I'd rather have a fully loaded Sierra 2500HD.

That is my dream truck

At that price you can get the Duramax/Allison.

2500 HD

Yes, FBHO and UAW but the Sierra is a better truck(IMHO)
Duramax is a hotrod and is best in most testing

And the 1500 with 6.2 un-corked would be beast.

1500 Sierra

You're right
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

3.5 ECO-BOOST. I have had 2 so far and in my opinion they rock! Price should be around 60,000 out the door.
View Quote

Fuck that.

I will give you 30 for it next year...

Actually with a 3.5 I wouldn't.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That is very noble of you to live in such a modest house and have a extremely low house payment. You have to remember that many of the people that are buying this truck is for their business. Whether it is a oil business a lawn business painting business power washing business… It's a write off. The truck also comes with two different motors a 2.7 which is a pretty dang strong new motor and the 3.5 both of them turbo. The resale on these 2015 trucks in three years is going to be way higher than a 2014 similarly equipped. That being said whatever job you have in Oklahoma you are paid a shitload less per hour, per week or per year then if you lived in a state like California New York Florida Illinois, Texas.   Everything is relevant.  Also like any new car prices back to reality after a few months.

A plumber in Oklahoma might make $16 an hour where a plumber in the other states that are mentioned might make $35 per hour same goes with the nurse, a welder, a policeman, firemen, a schoolteacher.

It is always better to WORK in a state with very high salaries and RETIRE in a state with very low cost of living. Oh yeah living in Oklahoma during the winter is wonderful. Sarcastic.. As you were scraping the ice off of your windshield and shoving wood/coal in your stove I am watering my flowers in my shorts and swimming in my pool and fishing for Redfish in my boat.(FL)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
That is very noble of you to live in such a modest house and have a extremely low house payment. You have to remember that many of the people that are buying this truck is for their business. Whether it is a oil business a lawn business painting business power washing business… It's a write off. The truck also comes with two different motors a 2.7 which is a pretty dang strong new motor and the 3.5 both of them turbo. The resale on these 2015 trucks in three years is going to be way higher than a 2014 similarly equipped. That being said whatever job you have in Oklahoma you are paid a shitload less per hour, per week or per year then if you lived in a state like California New York Florida Illinois, Texas.   Everything is relevant.  Also like any new car prices back to reality after a few months.

A plumber in Oklahoma might make $16 an hour where a plumber in the other states that are mentioned might make $35 per hour same goes with the nurse, a welder, a policeman, firemen, a schoolteacher.

It is always better to WORK in a state with very high salaries and RETIRE in a state with very low cost of living. Oh yeah living in Oklahoma during the winter is wonderful. Sarcastic.. As you were scraping the ice off of your windshield and shoving wood/coal in your stove I am watering my flowers in my shorts and swimming in my pool and fishing for Redfish in my boat.(FL)

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$60k is a house with acreage, not a truck.

lol you need to check house prices over here ,
then you would leave the op alone

I paid $47,000 for my 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with detached garage and 3.5 acres.

but $60,000 for a pickum up truck is crazy talk.

Oklahoma beats the shit out of Florida and all its Northeast liberal fuckwad transplants.

By and large I would pick most any Midwestern state over any east coast or west coast state, with a few exception, if given the choice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

for any truck.

shit like this is why my friend is fixing up a 72 c30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a half ton?

for any truck.

Same reason I just keep beefing up my 1997 f250.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Price out the door for a loaded XLT Supercrew 4X4 is $49K.

Are you getting free lube with your purchase???
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:48:55 AM EDT
[#7]
60k is about right for the platinum, I picked one up in 2011 for 54k OTD so seems about right. OP get what you like, try picking up a 2014 platinum same truck.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Except 0bummer's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlR7vS7FqUoIyzYubgbTJUH_Ggavvx7ukCaVAyAfuklQttmCT9

Why do I drive a Chevy Silverado?  That's simple. Because I don't suck dick.

Except 0bummer's.

Boom.....
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Fuck me running... 60k for a GD F150 is stupid.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, $65,180 MSRP for a Denali 2500HD. ~$60k after rebates/incentives.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:54:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Price/build it on Ford's website, and you are almost at $61,000 for a loaded Platinum.  

And yes, I wasted post 556 on this.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

for any truck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a half ton?

for any truck.

50k got this

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a half ton?

for any truck.

50k got this
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/IMAG0786_zpsf68db9e7.jpg

Awesome
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#14]
You'll love the truck OP. I have a 2011 F-150 Lariat with the Eco that I paid $42k for, MSRP was $48k. Those new 2015s are sweet trucks. I gotta resist through, I'll keep my 2011 until either it gets wrecked or in 2020-something when the next new body style comes out, which will likely be an $75k truck by that time.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Op, is your dealer the guy selling 2002 Tacomas with "new frames" for $19,000?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#16]
What are the long term prospects of an Eco Boost powered vehicle. I had a Ford probe Gt turbo and at 100,000 it was done.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:08:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What are the long term prospects of an Eco Boost powered vehicle. I had a Ford probe Gt turbo and at 100,000 it was done.
View Quote

I've had two friends who drank the Eco Boost koolaid and both trucks had grenaded the turbos by 30k.

Ford blamed the 85 octane sold in higher elevations.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was a Mazda.
The Ecoboost has been like any other engine thus far,
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:14:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I know a lot of you guys love your eco boots, but that little engine has to be working its ass off to do what it does, bigger engines not so much.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:15:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've had two friends who drank the Eco Boost koolaid and both trucks had grenaded the turbos by 30k.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always like the "I have 2 friends or cousins ,etc," but never the real owners that post anything.

Just my take.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I always like the "I have 2 friends or cousins ,etc," but never the real owners that post anything.

Just my take.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my take.

Because I'd never buy a turbo truck that isn't a diesel. I know better.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:16:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I know a lot of you guys love your eco boots, but that little engine has to be working its ass off to do what it does, bigger engines not so much.
View Quote

RPM's under a full load aren't much different than the 5.0.

There is a whole forum dedicated to the Ecoboost F150.

Maybe some Google foo will help with questions.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:16:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, I was going to say $60k for a house with land? Lol, you couldn't get a 1br burned down meth house in an alley for that here.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:17:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

You gunna learn today.
How a turbo works
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:17:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By ackspac:

That was a Mazda.

View All Quotes

Quoted:

That was a Mazda.

What does that mean? What is the expected life of the turbos. You are running the piss out of a small engine to get big engine performance. I do not see that as a good way to get longevity.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:20:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What does that mean? What is the expected life of the turbos. You are running the piss out of a small engine to get big engine performance. I do not see that as a good way to get longevity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a Mazda.

That was a Mazda build. The Ford Probe was pretty much a Mazda with Ford emblems.

Turbo's have came a long long way since the 1990's.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:21:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/user/dugedug/media/15GMC2500HDDenali_zps6c72c099.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/dugedug/15GMC2500HDDenali_zps6c72c099.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/user/dugedug/media/15GMC2500HDDenali_zps6c72c099.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/dugedug/15GMC2500HDDenali_zps6c72c099.jpg</a>

And then you have a heavier, rougher riding, larger handling, larger, more expensive to drive truck.

Which is fine - if you need a diesel (or just want one) - but if that's not what you're looking for then it doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a Mazda.

Please explain your "run the piss out of it" statement in more detail.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:23:19 AM EDT
[#29]

That was a Mazda build. The Ford Probe was pretty much a Mazda with Ford emblems.

View All Quotes

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a Mazda.

That tells me zero.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:23:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And then you have a heavier, rougher riding, larger handling, larger, more expensive to drive truck.

Which is fine - if you need a diesel (or just want one) - but if that's not what you're looking for then it doesn't make sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Some people don't get it.
Price out maintenance and upkeep for 1 year on a larger "Super Duty" Diesel and a smaller F150 type truck.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:26:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That tells me zero.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a Mazda.

That tells me zero.

Ok, I take it you must be younger than me. There is way to much for me to explain right now. Kinda like debating RWD and FWD back in the late 80's. Over time auto mfgs have improved just about everything.
The Ecoboost motor is working no harder than a V8 producing the same power. Sure the smaller engine turns more RPM's but its not working "The Piss" out of the motor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:28:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a Mazda.

Running a Dodge Hemi. Pulling stuff and hauling stuff  and doing the things people on here have posted about doing with them.

I am not running down the drive train. I am simply wondering what is down the road and when for them.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#33]
60000$??!! You could walk with a brand new mustang gt with over 420 horsepower and a six speed transmission for less then that! Get that and buy an 89 GMC diesel.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Well Shit Hmm
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
60000$??!! You could walk with a brand new mustang gt with over 420 horsepower and a six speed transmission for less then that! Get that and buy an 89 GMC diesel.
View Quote

But you couldn't put a load of mulch, gravel, dead deer, etc in the back.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If there are any 2014's left on the lot, the dealer should be willing and able to knock an easy 10 to 12 thousand off the sticker price.

just running the math:

$42,000 out the door over 60 payments comes out to a $700 per month payment.  

But a $30,000 OTD price comes out to $500 a month.

I find the the 500 dollar one easier to swallow.

$700 a month starts creeping up on my actual house payment amount which makes me

View Quote

Nailed it...just picked up a 2014 XLT Max Tow Pkg yesterday and paid 30k with 5k given on my trade.  No way I can pay 60k for a truck.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:40:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

And I wouldn't fit in one of those two vehicles. Hell, probably both of them. I bought my F-150 in part because of head and leg room compared to Dodge (haha, no way!) and Chevy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Running a Dodge Hemi. Pulling stuff and hauling stuff  and doing the things people on here have posted about doing with them.

I am not running down the drive train. I am simply wondering what is down the road and when for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a Mazda.

To put it simply, unless ford underestimated the quality of the components they installed the engine shouldn't be under anymore stress than your engine with two more cylinders. Look what big rigs can do with 6 cylinders, you wouldn't argue they switch to more cylinders would you?

15psi will effectively double engine displacement and power. Small turbo engines keep the power band low and broad. One could argue your V8 has to spin more to make the same amount of power thus you would have to "run the piss" out of your NA V8 more so  then a person with a small turbo 6 cylinder.

Don't just respect the peak numbers, respect the entire powerband.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:01:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You can have your $60k truck and the payments.
I will keep my $600.00 85 F150.

And chances are we will both get the same places the same way.

Asinine amount of money for any truck, especially a half ton.
View Quote

$59,400 is a small price to pay for the added comfort.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:04:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Ugh. How much are the new Raptors going to be? Is everything jumping $10k-$15k for 2015?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:08:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ugh. How much are the new Raptors going to be? Is everything jumping $10k-$15k for 2015?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

My 2011 Lariat was $48k MSRP. A 2015 similarly spec'ed with a few extra bells and whistles is about $52k.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:19:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 2012 F150 ecoboost has 55000 miles on it and still going strong

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:22:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see you've never been in a Denali 2500hd. I've driven my friends '14 f150 ecoboost. No thanks.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#44]
You made me laughter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:27:17 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

This.

Price out maintenance and upkeep for 1 year on a larger "Super Duty" Diesel and a smaller F150 type truck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

I have a 5yr/100k bumper to bumper and free oil changes for the next 3 years. And besides the fact that after spending 60k on a truck maintenance is in the noise. I've spent more over the years tying to keep gassers running than I have on my diesels.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:27:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well I feel better about picking up my 2013 XLT with a V8 for $26,200 a year ago.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:29:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just rich folks with money to burn.  GD is full of em apparently
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just rich folks with money to burn.  GD is full of em apparently

We haven't paid near $60K for any of our houses. This one, $48K current market value $200K.  We're thinking of splurging on the next home. $114K. But it's on ForTay ac. backing up to national forest.

If one want's to drop $60K on a vehicle God Bless them. Then again with the O&G out here, that's the average tag the kids are driving.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:30:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Actually buying a new Big Three 1/2 ton pickup in the soon upcoming model year of our Lord 2015?

If its not a Tundra, you are doing it wrong.....unless you live outside the USA where a Hilux is good enough for everything.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:33:05 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Actually buying a new Big Three 1/2 ton pickup in the soon upcoming model year of our Lord 2015?

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/196184/file-28283183-jpeg/images/burningmoney.jpeg

If its not a Tundra, you are doing it wrong.....unless you live outside the USA where a Hilux is good enough for everything.

View Quote
Sat in one. Got out in 3 seconds. 1980 called and it wants its interior back.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:34:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I paid $47,000 for my 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with detached garage and 3.5 acres.

but $60,000 for a pickum up truck is crazy talk.

Plumbers in OK are making 30 plus an hour apprentices may start at 16.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top