BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think JV is a true patriot and FYI Don Shipley AND Marcus Luttrell stand behind his UDT/SEAL status. I also do not believe that JV has ever put down the vets.
View Quote

Then you haven't been paying much attention to what Jesse says. Maybe I just hear it more because he's a Minnesotan and his shenanigans get more attention in the local media here, but he sure as shit did say disparaging things about the military and soldiers. He made a goddamn career out of it until his shitty show got cancelled. Still don't believe me or NavyDoc's quotes? Go hit up his youtube channel and hear it from the horse's mouth. https://www.youtube.com/user/VenturaOffGrid

Maybe soldiers should bring a class action against him for making money slandering all of us.

He got elected gov here before he started in on the crazy conspiracy stuff and it didn't take long for people here to figure out he wasn't a very good governor. He did not get reelected and he gets made fun of pretty regularly here.

One local radio station airs "bits" every Friday of funny parody Jesse quotes.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: left;']

And if I'd been saying that type of crap for years on TV and interviews, my lawsuit against your "defamation" would not stand up and your comment would have not hurt my reputation any more than the stuff I've already said myself.

People here would laugh at your accusation because they know I don't say shit like that. However, if I did post shit like that for years, they'd say I got was coming.

Jessie was getting the cold shoulder long before Kyle due to his 9/11 truther and the American soldiers are nothing but corporate mercenaries crap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: left;']
Quoted:
Quoted:
In civil court one has to prove fiscal damages to receive damages. What damages did he get other than getting the cold shoulder form a group of "corporate mercenaries" (per Jesse) that were getting rapidly tired of his crap ALREADY?

How would you feel if I started a thread in GD stating that I invited you over to my house for a few beers, but you started talking about how you think the navy should deserve to "lose a few guys." Then said I kicked your ass, wrote a book about it and made millions of dollars, while you got banned and disowned by other vets.

Cool with you?

JV character is not what is in question. Kyle lied about JV, which damaged his reputation, and Kyle made money off of it. Those are the facts. Justice is blind for a reason.

And if I'd been saying that type of crap for years on TV and interviews, my lawsuit against your "defamation" would not stand up and your comment would have not hurt my reputation any more than the stuff I've already said myself.

People here would laugh at your accusation because they know I don't say shit like that. However, if I did post shit like that for years, they'd say I got was coming.

Jessie was getting the cold shoulder long before Kyle due to his 9/11 truther and the American soldiers are nothing but corporate mercenaries crap.

Kyle told a BS story about beating up a former UDT member turned nut job that is a common name so it would help Kyle push more books. The body called him out as a buddy fucker and the courts agreed with him. Is JV a nut job? absolutely. Did Kyle tell a made up story to make money? absolutely. He should have left that shit out of the book along with a few other stories. Chris Kyle is a huge stud and the truth was more then enough when it comes to a amazing story.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.
View Quote

Seeing that his widow is the beneficiary of the estate it is a distinction without a difference.

I really have a hard time believing that Kyle's original statement harmed Ventura to the tune of $1.8M.  However, it is certainly possible that Ventura's subsequent lawsuit might have done that much self inflicted damage.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:51:35 AM EDT
[#4]
He wasn't a good governor, but your state elected Al Frankin?  I am not sure his electibility has anything to do with his governing capabilities.

Quoted:

Then you haven't been paying much attention to what Jesse says. Maybe I just hear it more because he's a Minnesotan and his shenanigans get more attention in the local media here, but he sure as shit did say disparaging things about the military and soldiers. He made a goddamn career out of it until his shitty show got cancelled. Still don't believe me or NavyDoc's quotes? Go hit up his youtube channel and hear it from the horse's mouth. https://www.youtube.com/user/VenturaOffGrid

Maybe soldiers should bring a class action against him for making money slandering all of us.

He got elected gov here before he started in on the crazy conspiracy stuff and it didn't take long for people here to figure out he wasn't a very good governor. He did not get reelected and he gets made fun of pretty regularly here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKuTM1XGekQ&index=1&list=PL3BE40B6FF53A5A38
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think JV is a true patriot and FYI Don Shipley AND Marcus Luttrell stand behind his UDT/SEAL status. I also do not believe that JV has ever put down the vets.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:43:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He wasn't a good governor, but your state elected Al Frankin?  I am not sure his electibility has anything to do with his governing capabilities.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a lot of star struck people in this state. And for the record, Franken's first election was due to fraud, and then it's tough to unseat an incumbent who was more embarrassing before his first election than after it. People voted for a man who had been pictured wearing a diaper. What could he do in office to lose their vote?

Venture's election was different. He didn't expect to win, he ran because he hated his licence fees for his cars. It was a bit to him and nobody took him seriously. I grew up in Minnesota, but was living in California when he was elected. They showed the candidate's debates on TV in California, and Ventura won those debates. He didn't do it on substance, he basically pointed at the other two candidates and said, "Do you really want more of this"?  He won the battle of the soundbites. He energized people who had never paid attention to politics and hadn't voted before.

He didn't run to win and didn't expect to win. When he was informed he had won, he didn't have a transition team in place. It took him awhile to come up with people for the team. And then once he got a bill passed and signed which lowered car license fees, he basically checked out as governor and started doing whatever strange thing he wanted, such as being color commentator for the XFL.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Play stupid games and your family may win stupid prizes.
View Quote

I'm going with this....

I did not get the book and I'm not bothered about seeing the movie either....Way too much horn blowing and cashing-in to suit me. Jessie won't be getting any of my money so there's that.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have a dog in the fight because I don't care either way. But after reading Kyle's book it was pretty clear the dude thought extremely highly of himself and was only out to cash in afterwards. What I do find amusing is that I do believe he'd have been just as successful without the filler fantasy stories in his book that clearly never happened...

I bought the book... I'll see the movie... But at the same time I lost a bit of respect for the outright lies/exaggerations which were completely unnecessary.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:42:03 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL, the bullshit that some of you people are posting.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And Vebturas lies about "brainwashed corporate shill veterans" and "faked 9/11 to make money for Bush" to sell a TV show, books, and interviews is acceptable?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the whole thing is stupid. What evidence is there that Chris Kyle lied or didn't lie? Did he really use the Ventura barfight thing as a sales pitch for his book?

He did lie and he did it to sell the book. He told Bill O'reilly it was Ventura.

http://youtu.be/VU5MLcWXzfo?t=20s

And both are veterans.  I'm no big fan of Ventura, but Ventura was libeled/slandered, and Kyle used the lies to sell the book.

And Vebturas lies about "brainwashed corporate shill veterans" and "faked 9/11 to make money for Bush" to sell a TV show, books, and interviews is acceptable?

No, but If you read what I said, I said I'm no fan of Ventura either.  

If Kyle was such a great guy, why did he have to lie to sell books?  Shouldn't the truth do it?  Makes you wonder how much of the persona is true.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Then he would be yet another loudmouth SEAL struck down by fame and fate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't feel bad if something terrible happened to Jesse Ventura.

That fuck face JV was NEVER a Navy Seal. |

I heard a live interview with a retired Seal; a Captain, on National Public Radio. He said JV was trained in under water demolition, which is ONE of the MANY things the Seals receive training for. JV got trained in UD at the same time as some REAL Navy Seals, and he's been lying about it ever since.

And this Captain said that JV NEVER had any active duty in or around Vietnam, during the war. Just another thing that fuck face asshole lied about

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When a person creates a 20+ career on lie after lie after lie and in his radical "libertarian" stance has denigrated Iraq veterans multiple times as being mercenaries and corporate shills, I tend not to believe him in "this one instance." The guy is a whole bundle of insane falsehoods wrapped together. He even thinks the moon landing by the Apollo program was a government conspiracy hoax. Anyone who believes a single word out of that man's mouth is an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

Nobody seems to remember JV and all the media time he got saying 9-11 was an inside job.

Or HARP being a government weather control device or that the military in Iraq were the duped mercenaries of a corporate plot and thus traitors. Did anyone even watch one of his crappy shows on TV?

No one watched that show, the things he is on record saying do seem to make you wonder what he might have said or what grief stricken badasses might have thought he said.  To me it was in poor taste for him to continue on with the suit after Kyle was killed, but that falls in line with most of his career choices since Predator.

When a person creates a 20+ career on lie after lie after lie and in his radical "libertarian" stance has denigrated Iraq veterans multiple times as being mercenaries and corporate shills, I tend not to believe him in "this one instance." The guy is a whole bundle of insane falsehoods wrapped together. He even thinks the moon landing by the Apollo program was a government conspiracy hoax. Anyone who believes a single word out of that man's mouth is an idiot.

+1 JV is batshit crazy. who gives a shit what he said happened. I'm sure in his warped sense of reality he remembers it different.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I heard a live interview with a retired Seal; a Captain, on National Public Radio. He said JV was trained in under water demolition, which is ONE of the MANY things the Seals receive training for. JV got trained in UD at the same time as some REAL Navy Seals, and he's been lying about it ever since.

And this Captain said that JV NEVER had any active duty in or around Vietnam, during the war. Just another thing that fuck face asshole lied about

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frogman

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.
View Quote

This, but a large portion of GD will ignore the facts just because of who is involved on both sides.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Kyle told a BS story about beating up a former UDT member turned nut job that is a common name so it would help Kyle push more books. The body called him out as a buddy fucker and the courts agreed with him. Is JV a nut job? absolutely. Did Kyle tell a made up story to make money? absolutely. He should have left that shit out of the book along with a few other stories. Chris Kyle is a huge stud and the truth was more then enough when it comes to a amazing story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Totally false post.

Witnesses testified under oath that JV was in an altercation with Chris Kyle.

Witnesses rebut Ventura's assertion that fight was a lie

John Kelly III, dressed in full U.S. Navy SEAL uniform, testified next and said that he saw Ventura lying on his back on a sidewalk outside McP’s moments after Ventura faced off with Kyle.

Kelly, a special operator 1st class SEAL, said that he had seen Kyle facing Ventura moments earlier, but did not see Kyle punch Ventura.

Former SEAL Lt. Cmdr. Andrew Paul said he saw a commotion, then saw Ventura get up from the patio floor and yell that he was going to kill Chris Kyle.

Afterward, Paul said, “Chris told me, ‘Jesse was running his mouth and I punched him.’”

http://www.startribune.com/local/267170441.html
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Totally false post.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally false post.

John Kelly III, dressed in full U.S. Navy SEAL uniform, testified next and said that he saw Ventura lying on his back on a sidewalk outside McP’s moments after Ventura faced off with Kyle.

Kelly, a special operator 1st class SEAL, said that he had seen Kyle facing Ventura moments earlier, but did not see Kyle punch Ventura.

Former SEAL Lt. Cmdr. Andrew Paul said he saw a commotion, then saw Ventura get up from the patio floor and yell that he was going to kill Chris Kyle.

Afterward, Paul said, “Chris told me, ‘Jesse was running his mouth and I punched him.’”

I don't have a dog in the fight,  but it seems to me that for some reason,  people really want to hate on Kyle and assume it never happened,  despite lots if witnesses claiming it did or probably did based on what they saw.  

What's also kind of funny is that I keep hearing about him claiming to have killed some carjackers. I've asked several times for that interview link and no one can provide it.

He's been accused of a lot of stuff, and none of us were there for any of it to know one way or another. All the accusations could be true.  But I've never seen proof that he lied. Yet a lot of people are 100% sure he did.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's quite common here. Wait until there is a topic about torture or the death penalty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People always say liberals get caught up in emotion instead of facts. Why are there so many who are emotional about this case instead of looking at the facts?

It's quite common here. Wait until there is a topic about torture or the death penalty.

...or religion, or cops, etc.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:I don't have a dog in the fight,  but it seems to me that for some reason,  people really want to hate on Kyle and assume it never happened,  despite lots if witnesses claiming it did or probably did based on what they saw.  

What's also kind of funny is that I keep hearing about him claiming to have killed some carjackers. I've asked several times for that interview link and no one can provide it.

He's been accused of a lot of stuff, and none of us were there for any of it to know one way or another. All the accusations could be true.  But I've never seen proof that he lied. Yet a lot of people are 100% sure he did.
View Quote

My impression/opinion is that many of these JV Fanboys know of Jesse Ventura from movies, wrestling, Alex Jones "ChemTrails", and his bizarre 9/11 conspiracy theories. They don't really know Chris Kyle, so they have a natural inclination to go with the known quantity.

Perhaps, they use to masturbate to Ventura or really believe that thermite paint was applied to World Trade Center construction in the 1970's in preparation for George Bush's evil plan in 2001.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
JesseVentura--douchebag fraud extrodinare.
View Quote

+1  He is disgusting.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean this?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I guess that's the annoying part:  He was a legend, so why in any way blemish that with lying?  Just doesn't make any sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I watched that video when it was first aired and believed every word of it.

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.

I guess that's the annoying part:  He was a legend, so why in any way blemish that with lying?  Just doesn't make any sense.

Sure it does, stories like this create publicity, controversy and ultimately, sell books. Most people had never heard of him before this story, regardless of what he did in the military. I would suspect most people still don't know who he is. Same with Marcus Luttrell, most Americans didn't know his story until the movie came out and it became a buzz.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The question was never whether or not there was a physical altercation/fight or who beat up who.

The question was whether or not Ventura SAID the things that Kyle claimed he did.  Everyone had a chance to present their argument and evidence in court, and the finding was that Kyle lied about what was said.
View Quote

If a trial court was always flawless there wouldn't be a need for an appellate system.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#24]
This has become an interesting story to watch, especially when seeing everyone's emotionally based slants.

Jesse Ventura is a douchebag.

Chris Kyle is a hero.

Chris Kyle lied about JV, effectively slandering him. It was obvious, and it was proven in court.

CK can be a hero and still make up stories.

So the estate, insurance company, and whoever else is responsible should pay the penalty and move on.

I'll still go see the movie.  I'll still view CK as a hero who did a lot of good things, just with the caveat that he liked to make stuff up.  It doesn't negate what he did.

And remember the emotional bias of others.  This is a prime example.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There are a lot of star struck people in this state. And for the record, Franken's first election was due to fraud, and then it's tough to unseat an incumbent who was more embarrassing before his first election than after it. People voted for a man who had been pictured wearing a diaper. What could he do in office to lose their vote?

Venture's election was different. He didn't expect to win, he ran because he hated his licence fees for his cars. It was a bit to him and nobody took him seriously. I grew up in Minnesota, but was living in California when he was elected. They showed the candidate's debates on TV in California, and Ventura won those debates. He didn't do it on substance, he basically pointed at the other two candidates and said, "Do you really want more of this"?  He won the battle of the soundbites. He energized people who had never paid attention to politics and hadn't voted before.

He didn't run to win and didn't expect to win. When he was informed he had won, he didn't have a transition team in place. It took him awhile to come up with people for the team. And then once he got a bill passed and signed which lowered car license fees, he basically checked out as governor and started doing whatever strange thing he wanted, such as being color commentator for the XFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Bobp that was a very persuasive rebuttal.  I am not familiar with his accomplishments as Governor, but if that is true I would be very disappointed with his performance as well.  However, your state is a left leaning state, so I would imagine that any legislation that leans right would be a very difficult task.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If a trial court was always flawless there wouldn't be a need for an appellate system.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The question was never whether or not there was a physical altercation/fight or who beat up who.

The question was whether or not Ventura SAID the things that Kyle claimed he did.  Everyone had a chance to present their argument and evidence in court, and the finding was that Kyle lied about what was said.

In addition, people forget that civil court has a much weaker standard of proof than a criminal court.  We've all followed this case and I can't see how JV proved his claim, much less 2 million in damages.  IMHO we had a jury of illogical people who were swayed by the presence of celebrity in the courtroom and the absence of the defendant.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#27]
NPR had an interview with his widow and Bradly Cooper this morning.  I don't know if they discussed this....I came in late.  It was a good interview though.  Cooper seems like a class act.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely. If any in GD were pubically shamed in a book that had no truth GD would tell the OP to sue the crap out of the liar and clear their name.

It sad that Kyle died and he was/is a hero but anytime you publish a lie you become less of a hero.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Its a shame he died but that doesnt give the beneficiaries of his estate a free pass to benefit from the defamation of someone elses character.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semantics. Who is the beneficiary of the Estate?  

Its a shame he died but that doesnt give the beneficiaries of his estate a free pass to benefit from the defamation of someone elses character.

But punishing person A for the actions of a dead person B is ok?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#31]
I feel like I'm stuck in an episode of "Groundhog Day".
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, A = B in this equation.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#33]
JessieVenturasadouchesaywhat?

Yeah, I know Kyle was talking shit. I don't fucking care. He's dead. Jessie could show some fucking class, for once in his miserable life.

I don't believe for a second that he can't go to SEAL gatherings because he'd "have to watch his back" now. Everyone there know knows he's an anti-American douche, too. He hardly tries to hide his tin-foil bullshit theories about the country. That bothers me a whole lot more than something the supposedly told Chris Kyle in a bar.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
This. When you take emotion out of it Jesse Ventura was the one who was slandered by Chris Kyle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How much did the movie and book make? Kyle said that stuff pimping the book

This. When you take emotion out of it Jesse Ventura was the one who was slandered by Chris Kyle.
True but why would he sue a fellow SEAL, I thought they were a tight knit community. The whole lawsuit has tarnished JV's rep 8700 times more than a few lines in Kyles book ever did.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can I sue Jessie for insinuating the American government was complicit in the killing of ~3000 Americans on 9/11, while pimping his conspiracy show?

Seriously? Guys in living in glass houses and all. As far as I'm concerned, Jessie has nothing to bitch about. There's no way he actually believes ALL of the bullshit he says.

Jessie NOW has a problem with people saying shit that isn't true?

Yeah, yeah, I know Kyle said it about HIM. So? Is there anyone out there who actually thought less of Jessie, after the Kyle story came out? How can a trashed reputation be harmed? I already knew he was clown shoes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, JV was never a combat SEAL.  He was UDT and spent most of the Vietnam War based out of Subic Bay, or something like that.  It was one of those things where he never came out and said, "I was a combat SEAL in Vietnam", but he never corrected people who said it about him, even though it wasn't true.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What the penguin said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the penguin said.

Pretty much this.

It doesn't change the fact that Ventura isn't a whore for every nickel he can get, by doing doing whatever he has to do to get it - that was decided by the sham of a job he chose to do for a living.

All that aside, if somebody totally made up a huge ass fabrication about me, in order to do nothing but make money off it, I think I'd be totally pissed too. I don't think many here old be any different either.

If the book & the movie are making money for 'whoever' partly due to untrue comments about someone that amount to slander, then part of the proceeds of that book & movie are due to that person from 'whoever'. That's just the way it is & the way it should be.

You have to look at situations like this just like you would if it was one of your kids; we're all human, we all make mistakes. Chris Kyle made a mistake. If your kid knocked out your neighbors window it doesn't matter if your neighbor is Jesse Ventura, your kid owes your neighbor a new, installed window - period.  He should do it with a smile & a sincere apology, because that is the right thing to do. If it was my kid, he'd be doing it standing up, because he would be able to set down for a while. If it was my kid & he broke the window intentionally, that apology would have to be made standing, because he wouldn't be able to set down for a while (If you don't believe me, you can ask one of my kids!)

You're not going to love your kid less for what he did, you're going to love him more for doing the right thing. It sure doesn't diminish or detract from the wonderful things your kid has done or the joy & pride he's brought you. You just hope all have learned from it & move on...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
True but why would he sue a fellow SEAL, I thought they were a tight knit community. The whole lawsuit has tarnished JV's rep 8700 times more than a few lines in Kyles book ever did.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on venturas past, I don't think there's much he won't do to either make money or get some attention

The flip side of it is that instead of just paying up quietly & moving on with life, the movie/estate side of this are keeping attention pointed towards it as much as possible.

Gee, I wonder why that'd be???
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My impression/opinion is that many of these JV Fanboys know of Jesse Ventura from movies, wrestling, Alex Jones "ChemTrails", and his bizarre 9/11 conspiracy theories. They don't really know Chris Kyle, so they have a natural inclination to go with the known quantity.

Perhaps, they use to masturbate to Ventura or really believe that thermite paint was applied to World Trade Center construction in the 1970's in preparation for George Bush's evil plan in 2001.

http://i.imgur.com/cHqyh0U.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I don't have a dog in the fight,  but it seems to me that for some reason,  people really want to hate on Kyle and assume it never happened,  despite lots if witnesses claiming it did or probably did based on what they saw.  

http://i.imgur.com/cHqyh0U.png

Or we believe in the rule of law, which means even unscrupulous tools gave the rught to seek legal redress.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#41]
When I bought the book I didnt know anything about the JV/Kyle fight.  I had no clue that "scruff face" was JV when I read it.  I bought the book because it was a National hero telling his story of badassery.  

With that said, which side of the story is most accurate we will never know.  Alcohol was involved, and several people on both sides swear one way or the other.  In my eyes, JV should have let the fucking suit go when Chris was killed.  He then should have just reiterated that Chris's story wasnt true.  Continuing to press the issue and take money away from the family of a recently murdered SEAL tarnished his reputation much worse. JV is a classless douche. He will not see a penny from me...Any new movie or show is in, I will not watch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean this?

Now that's compelling.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ventura has said worse on video.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

One must have character before it can be defamed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One must have character before it can be defamed.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Seeing that his widow is the beneficiary of the estate it is a distinction without a difference.

I really have a hard time believing that Kyle's original statement harmed Ventura to the tune of $1.8M.  However, it is certainly possible that Ventura's subsequent lawsuit might have done that much self inflicted damage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.  The distinction is the widow did nothing to earn the money.  Should I be able to make millions of dollars sullying your reputation and than pass it off to my wife after I die with you having zero opportunity to recoup money made off of sullying your name?  Kyle's multi-millionaire wife will still be a multi-millionaire after this; not bad for a woman who lived off a military salary.  There's a reason the law distinguishes between estates and individuals and it doesn't take a 130+IQ to see why.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I watched that video when it was first aired and believed every word of it.

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.
View Quote

How is it that you know it is a fabrication? Serious question.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Totally false post.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally false post.

These are men of honor who testified under oath that it happened.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sure, and I am sure his widow/estate/insurance are using the law to the fullest extent, just like the Venture douchebag.

I was primarily pointing out that whether or not there was a FIGHT, is not really relevant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, and I am sure his widow/estate/insurance are using the law to the fullest extent, just like the Venture douchebag.

I was primarily pointing out that whether or not there was a FIGHT, is not really relevant.

OK, I see now. First I heard JV was insisting the fight never happened.

The guy says all kinds of random shit all the time. I have no doubt he would spout some nonsense when he had an audience and the change his mind after people took notice.

Oh well, not my fight.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

It doesn't change the fact that Ventura isn't a whore for every nickel he can get, by doing doing whatever he has to do to get it - that was decided by the sham of a job he chose to do for a living.

All that aside, if somebody totally made up a huge ass fabrication about me, in order to do nothing but make money off it, I think I'd be totally pissed too. I don't think many here old be any different either.

If the book & the movie are making money for 'whoever' partly due to untrue comments about someone that amount to slander, then part of the proceeds of that book & movie are due to that person from 'whoever'. That's just the way it is & the way it should be.

You have to look at situations like this just like you would if it was one of your kids; we're all human, we all make mistakes. Chris Kyle made a mistake. If your kid knocked out your neighbors window it doesn't matter if your neighbor is Jesse Ventura, your kid owes your neighbor a new, installed window - period.  He should do it with a smile & a sincere apology, because that is the right thing to do. If it was my kid, he'd be doing it standing up, because he would be able to set down for a while. If it was my kid & he broke the window intentionally, that apology would have to be made standing, because he wouldn't be able to set down for a while (If you don't believe me, you can ask one of my kids!)

You're not going to love your kid less for what he did, you're going to love him more for doing the right thing. It sure doesn't diminish or detract from the wonderful things your kid has done or the joy & pride he's brought you. You just hope all have learned from it & move on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the penguin said.

Pretty much this.

The problem is, if your kid smashes a window, you can see the damage and know the cost of buying a new one. How was JV damaged to the tune of 2 million? The fact that Kyle made money off the book is in no way, shape, or form evidence that JV was damaged.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Kyle lied about Ventura and used that lie to generate buzz for his book.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top