Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I guess that's the annoying part:  He was a legend, so why in any way blemish that with lying?  Just doesn't make any sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I watched that video when it was first aired and believed every word of it.

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.

I guess that's the annoying part:  He was a legend, so why in any way blemish that with lying?  Just doesn't make any sense.

And surprising enough, Kyle does not make sense but a guy who thinks the moon landing was faked does.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
How can a person's character be defamed when one doesn't possess any character?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Semantics. Who is the beneficiary of the Estate?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.

Law's not your strong suit, is it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And both are veterans.  I'm no big fan of Ventura, but Ventura was libeled/slandered, and Kyle used the lies to sell the book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the whole thing is stupid. What evidence is there that Chris Kyle lied or didn't lie? Did he really use the Ventura barfight thing as a sales pitch for his book?

He did lie and he did it to sell the book. He told Bill O'reilly it was Ventura.

http://youtu.be/VU5MLcWXzfo?t=20s

And both are veterans.  I'm no big fan of Ventura, but Ventura was libeled/slandered, and Kyle used the lies to sell the book.

And Vebturas lies about "brainwashed corporate shill veterans" and "faked 9/11 to make money for Bush" to sell a TV show, books, and interviews is acceptable?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He did lie and he did it to sell the book. He told Bill O'reilly it was Ventura.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the whole thing is stupid. What evidence is there that Chris Kyle lied or didn't lie? Did he really use the Ventura barfight thing as a sales pitch for his book?

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
People always say liberals get caught up in emotion instead of facts. Why are there so many who are emotional about this case instead of looking at the facts?
View Quote

American Hero Syndrome
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Even if untrue (JV never said it) I still don't see how that is defamatory.  Defamation isn't just saying someone said something they didn't. There is more to the claim than that.

You don't think less of someone who says that our military deserves to lose a few guys?  I think that easily damages a reputation, especially if your major credential is being part of the unit you said deserved to lose a few guys.
View Quote

I don't.  Ventura is a piece of garbage. He's said far worse.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
She's broke?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I certainly hope that Jesse Ventura is satisfied now that he's financially and emotionally broken a hero's widow over an insult and a barroom scrape.

What a selfish, prideful coward that man is.

Regardless of who lied or told the truth, there's no questioning that Kyle was, in fact, a SEAL who served his country honorably in wartime. There is also no question that $1.8 million billed to Kyle's widow is in no way justice for getting insulted and punched a few times.

She's broke?  

OK, no idea. But she's $1.8 million minus insurance poorer, and she's had to deal with the stress of a lawsuit on top of the death of her husband because The Body couldn't let a barroom encounter roll off his back like water rolls off the back of a, well, of a seal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How can a person's character be defamed when one doesn't possess any character?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

This is a real good question.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.

Considering he fabricated the stories about the car-jackers and looters during Katrina, it could make someone question his military career as well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The trouble is that I'm not convinced this was the case. Credible witnesses came out on both sides of the issue and some one Ventura's "witnesses" were not even present at the alleged place at the alleged time. I'm actually aghast he won that case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree dude was a certified bad ass and a national hero. He muddy his creditability a bit with the fabrications about Ventura and the gang bangers.

The trouble is that I'm not convinced this was the case. Credible witnesses came out on both sides of the issue and some one Ventura's "witnesses" were not even present at the alleged place at the alleged time. I'm actually aghast he won that case.

This
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So Ventura is a buddy fucker for suing Kyle's estate, but Kyle's not a buddy fucker for lying about him saying "seals must die" and making up a story about beating up Ventura to pitch his book on some zoo crew morning drive show?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't give a good god damn if he lied. He was dead and Jesse stole money from a Widow and his Orphans.

The Estate is there to provide for his widow.

Buddy fucker piece of shit.
So Ventura is a buddy fucker for suing Kyle's estate, but Kyle's not a buddy fucker for lying about him saying "seals must die" and making up a story about beating up Ventura to pitch his book on some zoo crew morning drive show?  

Kyle's dead. The Body decided to go forward with punishing Kyle's wife, or whoever his heirs are.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#16]
So Kyle made all the shit up about Ventura?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Supposedly back then everyone went through the exact same training at the exact same time and after training, they called your name and it was just a matter of chance on which way you went. Something like alternating back and forth, one goes to a SEAL team and the next one goes to UDT the next one goes to SEAL and the next goes UDT.

That may not be exact, but it is something similar.

Don Shipley made a video about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe so, but they need to produce a DD-214 showing they completed Seal Training and were assigned to a Seal Unit.  Other than that they are nothing more than the retards with everyone gets a robin.

Supposedly back then everyone went through the exact same training at the exact same time and after training, they called your name and it was just a matter of chance on which way you went. Something like alternating back and forth, one goes to a SEAL team and the next one goes to UDT the next one goes to SEAL and the next goes UDT.

They all went to BUDS and they were selected for the SEALs. Once you got to the SEALs a more I depth training started. Again it was a separate compounding an a advanced training.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe so, but they need to produce a DD-214 showing they completed Seal Training and were assigned to a Seal Unit.  Other than that they are nothing more than the retards with everyone gets a robin.

But that's not true. If one passed buds at the time and went UDT, they were not SEALs. They had to go through additional traing to earn the Budeiser, training that Ventura did not do and the groups were merged AFTER Ventura got out and those UDT who stayed in still had to qualify to earn the trident. Looks like Don is doing mental gymnastics to support his obnoxious friend's lies.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.

Who owns his estate?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Damn I hate defending JV in any way since he is a crazy truther, but supposedly the reason he sued was because after the O'Reilly interview, he was persona non grata at any and all SEAL functions where he was previously welcomed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ventura has said lots of crazy stuff, the CIA came to the governor's mansion, they followed him in Cuba and am sure other stuff. But I have never heard claims he said shit about vets. He was at some seal function that day and seemed popular enough with the military up to Kyle's story about the fight

Damn I hate defending JV in any way since he is a crazy truther, but supposedly the reason he sued was because after the O'Reilly interview, he was persona non grata at any and all SEAL functions where he was previously welcomed.

Do you really think it was just the incident at the bar that made him a pariah, or was it a long list of stupid shit he is document to have said or there is video tape showing him to say that did it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ventura has said lots of crazy stuff, the CIA came to the governor's mansion, they followed him in Cuba and am sure other stuff. But I have never heard claims he said shit about vets. He was at some seal function that day and seemed popular enough with the military up to Kyle's story about the fight

And this cost him 2 million in damages how? And a might  man might suggest that he was no longer welcomed because they were tired of hearing from a fake seal calling real seals "brainwashed corporate shills."  After the suit he is even less welcome so he didn't help his desire to self aggrandizement any.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I am not a JV fan but Kyle did a little more than lie a few times.  He intentionally lied about important things that did cause Ventura hardship.  Should he have dropped the suit after Kyle's death, yes IMO.  Did Kyle slander Jesse, yes IMO.

It is no secret that Kyle lied about several things when he was already an American Hero and there was no reason for it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah I think if he cared about his reputation in the military he'd take the insurance money and leave Kyle's estate alone. But Kyle really tried to destroy Ventura's life, it was a bit more than being a bitch over a bar room shoving match.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I certainly hope that Jesse Ventura is satisfied now that he's financially and emotionally broken a hero's widow over an insult and a barroom scrape.

Regardless of who lied or told the truth, there's no questioning that Kyle was, in fact, a SEAL who served his country honorably in wartime. There is also no question that $1.8 million billed to Kyle's widow is in no way justice for getting insulted and punched a few times.

She's broke?  

OK, no idea. But she's $1.8 million minus insurance poorer, and she's had to deal with the stress of a lawsuit on top of the death of her husband because The Body couldn't let a barroom encounter roll off his back like water rolls off the back of a, well, of a seal.
Yeah I think if he cared about his reputation in the military he'd take the insurance money and leave Kyle's estate alone. But Kyle really tried to destroy Ventura's life, it was a bit more than being a bitch over a bar room shoving match.  

How in gods sake could Kyle destroy Jessie's life than Jessie had done himself? The Kyle claims were the best thing Jessie had happen to him in a while. He was on TV again!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And this cost him 2 million in damages how? And a might  man might suggest that he was no longer welcomed because they were tired of hearing from a fake seal calling real seals "brainwashed corporate shills."  After the suit he is even less welcome so he didn't help his desire to self aggrandizement any.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any evidence that JV actually called seals "brainwashed corporate shills"?

The only time I'd heard rumor of him saying that was from Kyle.

ETA :
Just for clarification, I think JV is a truther dumbass, but I don't know if he would denigrate service members in such a fashion.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nobody had a problem with the udt guys saying they were seals before people were looking for an excuse to shit on Ventura after the lawsuit.
View Quote

Because none of the other guys were making a career about being what they were not until Ventura came along.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Kyle' s deposition sounded like it went poorly, he admitted that Ventura never said anything about George bush, that the fight happened outside so no "tables went flying", it's pretty tough to convince a jury "I made this and this up, but I didn't make this other part up"  

While it did not come in the trial as far as I know, kyle had told tales about the car jacking and shooting people at the super dome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People always say liberals get caught up in emotion instead of facts. Why are there so many who are emotional about this case instead of looking at the facts?

Actually, there are many of us who are looking at the facts.
Kyle' s deposition sounded like it went poorly, he admitted that Ventura never said anything about George bush, that the fight happened outside so no "tables went flying", it's pretty tough to convince a jury "I made this and this up, but I didn't make this other part up"  

While it did not come in the trial as far as I know, kyle had told tales about the car jacking and shooting people at the super dome.

Because everyone has a woody for the SEAL sniper. His justice is the only one that matters.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, there are many of us who are looking at the facts.

Because everyone has a woody for the SEAL sniper. His justice is the only one that matters.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am not a JV fan but Kyle did a little more than lie a few times.  He intentionally lied about important things that did cause Ventura hardship.  Should he have dropped the suit after Kyle's death, yes IMO.  Did Kyle slander Jesse, yes IMO.

It is no secret that Kyle lied about several things when he was already an American Hero and there was no reason for it.
View Quote

Exactly what " hardship" did Ventura suffer. His crap show was already cancelled, new SEALs were already ignoring him and hating him for all his "brainwashed corporate shills" comments. Exactly what did that morin suffer?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nobody had a problem with the udt guys saying they were seals before people were looking for an excuse to shit on Ventura after the lawsuit.
View Quote

This was not the case in 1970.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I think JV is a true patriot and FYI Don Shipley AND Marcus Luttrell stand behind his UDT/SEAL status. I also do not believe that JV has ever put down the vets.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Let me be clear; I am not putting down JV's military service. If he wants to claim that he was a SEAL, then just wip out his  DD-214.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Exactly what " hardship" did Ventura suffer. His crap show was already cancelled, new SEALs were already ignoring him and hating him for all his "brainwashed corporate shills" comments. Exactly what did that morin suffer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't think lying about someone saying "SEALS should lose a few" is not defamation I think we will agree to disagree.  Remarks like that are bound to hurt his reputation in the Seal community and public opinion in general.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's broke?  

But wasn't th reason for the whole lawsuit based on the premise that Big Jesse does, in fact, supposedly care very much about his reputation in the military? Seems like if he really gave two cents about what anyone else in the community thought, he'd have let it go. If Kyle was saying The Body wasn't a SEAL, but the rest of the community accepted him as a SEAL, then Kyle would be the one with egg on his face, not The Body, and no harm done.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here.

There are a number of things he exaggerated or fabricated it seems.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Oy, this makes my head hurt.

JV- well known dumb ass truther who says dumb shit (that i can't believe he really believes it, it's an attention act for staying 'relevant" {shrugs})  (and he was a Governor, holy shit)
CK- lied about a lot of stuff while promoting a book even though he really did do some high end badassery.  

both vets

Frankly I prefer the quiet professionals that go do their job, they don't write/publish books for a couple decades so as to not show too much too soon,

Seriously, do the Seals really have so much trouble keeping an ego in check?  I grant they're bad asses, all of them, just for finishing the training let alone going out and doing hairy missions.   I realize they need guys with a psych profile who won't quit but damned maybe they better fine tune their selections if this public show boating keeps up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Same here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

'it seems'. being the important part. I've seen numerous claims that he said this or that, with no proof.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lying about other people had consequences

Still going to see the movie and I don't think highly of JV but don't make shit up to sell a book and this isn't an issue
View Quote

That's just about where I'm at.

Further, I'm holding off on seeing the movie, till the plot gets vetted and commented on by knowledgeable participants.  I will be frankly disappointed by a film with anything less than the accuracy Bowden got with BHD.  To me, if it is about real events, it should be accurate.  I want to see it, but I don't want to be bullshitted, either.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's quite common here. Wait until there is a topic about torture or the death penalty.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

ETA :
Just for clarification, I think JV is a truther dumbass, but I don't know if he would denigrate service members in such a fashion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA :

I take it you haven't been paying attention for the last decade or so:
Former Navy Seal and Minnesota Governer Jesse Ventura appeared with CNN’s Piers Morgan. "They don’t follow any of the rules of war, they’re mercenaries, and that’s what we’re turning into today. Our military has turned into contract killers now, contract for hire.”]

In particular, Ventura took issue with the large dollar amount pinned to foreign wars, arguing that "international corporations" are the ones who "truly run our country today."

"That's why wars are fought -- so the profiteers of war can make money," Ventura said, pointing to the large portion of the annual budget that goes toward national security and defense.

Our military doesn’t defend our American people. Our military is the strong-arm muscle of corporations. That’s the only reason we have any involvement at all in the Middle East is because they want to get the oil, they want in Afghanistan the mineral wealth, the lithium, and all of that stuff

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/remnant/2012/sep/16/jesse-venturatelling-it-it/#ixzz3MUxoAL1H
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

Our military doesn't defend our American people. Our military is the strong-arm muscle of corporations.    

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#43]

If you start studying history closer, you'll find that most all wars are based on false flag operations to get people - to convince the people that they're under attack in some way so that they will support the wars.  
View Quote

Thus far, 80% of dead “insurgents” are unarmed civilians, in particular women and children.  I’ve been there and have done my homework.    
View Quote

There is no other position.  Anyone who buys the 9/11 and bin Laden crap is too stupid to live.  In 2006, fewer knew that it was all invented.

By 2008 or today, all special ops guys know 9/11 was an inside job, all know bin Laden died in 2001 and if they don’t, it means nobody trusted them enough to tell them the truth.  
View Quote

And that's the easiest stuff to find, and that's not even getting into the crap he says on his shows. Yes, Jesse has said over and over again that me and my peers were brainwashed  corporate mercenaries who helped fake 9/11 to promulgate that war criminal George Bush's blood for oil imperialism.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you don't think lying about someone saying "SEALS should lose a few" is not defamation I think we will agree to disagree.  Remarks like that are bound to hurt his reputation in the Seal community and public opinion in general.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In civil court one has to prove fiscal damages to receive damages. What damages did he get other than getting the cold shoulder form a group of "corporate mercenaries" (per Jesse) that were getting rapidly tired of his crap ALREADY?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Let me be clear; I am not putting down JV's military service. If he wants to claim that he was a SEAL, then just wip out his  DD-214.
View Quote

Here's a Link to a short biography of James George Janos a.k.a. Jesse Ventura and his military record.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

When Ventura started his "9/11 Inside Job" and "HAARP Government Making the Weather" moonbatshit claims I think people started questioning his credibility, not when Kyle wrote his book.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
In civil court one has to prove fiscal damages to receive damages. What damages did he get other than getting the cold shoulder form a group of "corporate mercenaries" (per Jesse) that were getting rapidly tired of his crap ALREADY?
View Quote

How would you feel if I started a thread in GD stating that I invited you over to my house for a few beers, but you started talking about how you think the navy should deserve to "lose a few guys." Then said I kicked your ass, wrote a book about it and made millions of dollars, while you got banned and disowned by other vets.

Cool with you?

JV character is not what is in question. Kyle lied about JV, which damaged his reputation, and Kyle made money off of it. Those are the facts. Justice is blind for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What precisely was the defamation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a shame he died but that doesnt give the beneficiaries of his estate a free pass to benefit from the defamation of someone elses character.

What precisely was the defamation?

Kyle claimed that at a Seal memorial get together to remember their fallen, Jesse said "the seals could stand to lose a few more guys" to which words were exchanged and the punch was thrown to Jesse's fat head. In the book the "person" was not named but it was pretty clear it was supposed to be Ventura. This whole bit was supposedly a fabrication.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#49]
[div style='text-align: left;']
Quoted:

How would you feel if I started a thread in GD stating that I invited you over to my house for a few beers, but you started talking about how you think the navy should deserve to "lose a few guys." Then said I kicked your ass, wrote a book about it and made millions of dollars, while you got banned and disowned by other vets.

Cool with you?

JV character is not what is in question. Kyle lied about JV, which damaged his reputation, and Kyle made money off of it. Those are the facts. Justice is blind for a reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool with you?

And if I'd been saying that type of crap for years on TV and interviews, my lawsuit against your "defamation" would not stand up and your comment would have not hurt my reputation any more than the stuff I've already said myself.

People here would laugh at your accusation because they know I don't say shit like that. However, if I did post shit like that for years, they'd say I got was coming.

Jessie was getting the cold shoulder long before Kyle due to his 9/11 truther and the American soldiers are nothing but corporate mercenaries crap.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess not.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top