Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2014 4:04:12 PM EDT
And Go.................

AKASL

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Sights suck but they are a cool little gun, I have the Glock mag nine mm . Goes bang every time I pull trigger. Your gonna get one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't do it.

They're nifty little guns.  Pretty typical KT "build quality"... but mine just runs and runs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You found one for sale? Which grip model and how much?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Not gonna even try, OP.  Just post pics.  I kept passing on them for other firearms in 2010 and 11 when they were <$500 at gun shows and the PX.  Now I kick myself.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm here for the "get a MechTech 1911 upper or you will have forgotten the face of your father" replies. My opinion? Hit it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Get one.  They're handy and don't appear in gun stores too often.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You found one for sale? Which grip model and how much?
View Quote

This and this.
Absolutely everything about every kel tec ever is hit or miss.
Availability, reliability, QC,price.
I have never seen any of their models in a price range I was comfortable with after handling/shooting.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
They are unicorns. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
is there such a thing as a california compliant model??
for my friend

not me. i dont live there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't do it.

I had one configured for S&W mags. It didn't feed worth a damn.

I sent it back to KT. They converted it to use Beretta mags (at my request) and repaired.

After I got it back, it FTE'd regularly.

It also has a weird tendency to bump my cheek under recoil. When a k98, a Jungle Carbine, and a Mosin Nagant are more pleasant to shoot than a 9mm rifle, there's something wrong.

I sold it to fund what I assume will be another milsurp.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Had one.  Sold it.  Meh.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Got 3 all glock models.... all run and run and run.

Got a redlion setup on one.... looks good.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#13]
It's made by Keltec, what more convincing do you need?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been hunting one for a couple of years.

I need the glock mag one....

Passed on one for $250 about 6 years ago and have regretted ever since.

Go for it!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Picked up my second one last week, desert tan. Both are glock, 9mm configuration. Fun as hell.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#16]
It is one ugly gun, but very functional.

Sights are low and kinda hard to get down on, but usable. Interestingly enough, it has more recoil than any of my AR-15's. But, it is by no means harsh, obviously.

Gun is accurate and I haven't had a single issue, no FTF's, no FTE's, nothing. Runs like a champ.

I replaced my hinky plastic front sight with a Hi Point Carbine machined steel front sight.  Much more durable and the gun still locks closed when folded.

Best part is, it has fit in every hotel safe I've ever encountered.  I always take it with me on vacation ever since we went to Orlando right around when the Zimmerman verdict was to be announced.  I can carry a full size 9mm pistol, my Kel Tec, and 100 rounds of ammo in a single laptop case.  I can carry that right through the hotel lobby and no one even blinks an eye.

If you're expecting me to talk you out of it, you're going to be sorely disappointed. I love mine and would buy one again.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#17]
For those of you looking, there are usually several listed on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Why are they so hard to find. I also been interested in one for a few month just can't find one that's not over priced
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Just do it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why are they so hard to find. I also been interested in one for a few month just can't find one that's not over priced
View Quote

Why You Can't Find a Kel-Tec Sub 2000
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I have seen them in 2 LGS this week.

Not sure what caliber, I would only want a Glock 9mm version.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because KelTec is a gun design company that actually manages to build about 87 guns a month.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Save your self a lot of money and Get a Hi-Point Carbine.  

Yea Yea, Hi-Point hate... Whatever.  

$300 at Buds

Points great,  good sights, reliable and accurate.  What else could you ask for in a range toy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Because KelTec is a gun design company that actually manages to build about 87 guns a month.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Article posted above explains it.

They refuse to take on debt to expand production, and waiting until they have the cash on hand to fund expansion.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why You Can't Find a Kel-Tec Sub 2000

Makes sense thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#26]
They are great for what their purpose is.   Buy it
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

$300 at Buds

Points great,  good sights, reliable and accurate.  What else could you ask for in a range toy.
View Quote

I've had both. Liked them both, too.

The Hi Point is a great gun to have when you need a reliable, light caliber rifle and don't particularly care what happens to it.  Literally, the only way you could be out money on a Hi Point would be to lose it.  Short of a boating accident, Hi Point will repair any damage to the rifle at any point, no questions asked.

At some point, I will get another HP carbine to have as a knockaround gun.

But, for sheer portability/concealablility/high capacity capability, you can't beat the Kel Tec.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#28]
after sending mine in for a rework, the thing is flawless and shots incredible.  Buy now
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The Hi Point is a great gun to have when you need a reliable, light caliber rifle and don't particularly care what happens to it.  Literally, the only way you could be out money on a Hi Point would be to lose it.  Short of a boating accident, Hi Point will repair any damage to the rifle at any point, no questions asked.

But, for sheer portability/concealablility/high capacity capability, you can't beat the Kel Tec.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$300 at Buds

That's the issue with the Hi-Point is the limited 10rd magazine.  I won't touch the pro-mag 30 rd mags for it.  Even Hi-Point says it voids the warranty.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I live mine.   9mm Glock 17 grip style.  I keep I,  along with 6 33rd magazines in a super size pistol case.  Slides right in my backpack for trips I don't want to take my rifle on.   Works great with 50rd drum magazines too.

Doooo eeeet!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I got one as a trade for some ammo, probably got it for 400 bucks.

I got the rail adapter so I can put a micro red dot on it.

Mine's chambered in 9mm and used Glock magazines--those are hard to find, most are 40 SW and I hate that cartridge.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#32]
when they were $230, YES, now that theyre +$500... eh, youll still wan tone if you dont have one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#33]

After several years of refusing to pay $500+ for one on GB I happened up on this one on GB. The cool thing is the seller was a local LGS. It's the .40 Glock mag version. Got it for $400. Already had tons of G22 31rd mags for my G22's. Bought the Husky canvas briefcase from Home Depot for $20 and it has multiple pockets inside for storage.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd like one of the original metal receiver ones.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Get one, they rock.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#36]

I have had several. Been talked out of all of them for one reason or another. Excellent trade bait and resale value.

Quality wise - Its a cheap gun but it works. Never had a problem with one. Would buy another one right now if it was in front of me at a decent price.

Glocks make the most sense. 9mm 33rd glock factory mags really make this weapon desireable. Fold up weapon in a pistol caliber that takes 33rd mags which can be interchangeable with your carry weapon. Whats not to like?

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I've had a long ordeal with mine. Lots of FTF and FTE. It was sent back to KelTec twice, and each time they claimed the issue was fixed. It wasn't. I ended up wet sanding the bolt to a near mirror polish and polishing the inside of the buffer tube area. It runs about 90% now with 147gr ammo, but only about 70% with 115gr plinking ammo. I'm hoping it will eventually break in and run 100%. Still, it's such a unique rifle that I don't plan on selling it.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Love mine. Get Red Lion indexing rail and front sight. Never look back.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Fires handgun rounds and questionable quality.  Just build a short ar.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I need to figure out how to get the barrel threaded on mine, but still keep the lock when folded. Mine runs as close to 100% as it gets
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fires handgun rounds and questionable quality.  Just build a short ar.
View Quote

This

If it did not run reliably , I would not own it... life is to short and there are way better options...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine runs just fine....
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mine runs just fine....
View Quote

The one I had did too.  But in the same kind of space that you can stuff a folded up 16" 9mm, you can stuff two halves of an AR pistol or SBR in 5.56, 300 blk, pick your caliber.  

It's a cool concept, but there are better options for compact, discrete firepower.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Buy the Sub 2000 9mm that takes Glock mags, find some 33 round mags, and go have some fun.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Fun gun and mine is 100 percent reliable after 10 plus years of ownership. (9MM glock 17)  Sights are crappy but there is a fix if you are willing to spend a little.  Get it if you can.  They get pretty scarce most of the time since Keltec only produces one model gun at a time from my understanding.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Ordered 2 from 'New Frontier' here in NV, 2 yrs ago.  I have only 1 so far (and supposedly, I'm still at the top of the list?).
You'll need to change out the front sight, and may wanna consider some Red Lion upgrades.

Still pissed at Kel-Tec for their dismal rate of production, but so far this glock 9 variant hasn't failed at the range.  Buy it, but
I'd advise against 'New Frontier' if you're in the SoNV region.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The one I had did too.  But in the same kind of space that you can stuff a folded up 16" 9mm, you can stuff two halves of an AR pistol or SBR in 5.56, 300 blk, pick your caliber.  

It's a cool concept, but there are better options for compact, discrete firepower.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine runs just fine....

It is my wife's bug out/car gun.  I carry something more powerful.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Been wanting one in .40 S&W for some time. Probably will be my next gun purchase.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine runs just fine....

As a women/children gun, I totally get the sub2k.  Glad it fills a niche for you.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Sights suck, trigger sucks, ergos suck

They are a neat novelty gun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top