Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
He destroyed your property but the cop said he couldn't arrest him because he didn't hit anyone?
You went outside, leaving him in there with your wife?
You stayed outside listening as he was screaming and destroying shit, not know if he was harming your wife?
He has a history of this behavior and you allow him to continue living there?
You say you've never been that scared in your life, but you're not going to do anything to ensure this never happens again?
I rate your story a out of .

ETA:  I don't feel bad for you.  There is no justification for this shit.  Another poster said something along the lines of "you don't know what it's like having an alchy family member."  Fuck that.  You've exhausted your good will and attempts to help him.  Time to cut ties.  I have an asshole druggy piece of shit brother that likes to steal from family(after 5 years I'm still finding my shit in local pawn shops), go in to fits of rage and brawl with friends or family, and now he's off living on his own in some shithole, probably paying rent by selling.  There's only so much you can do for someone before you have to just walk away and start taking care of you and yours again.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes I'm being critical, but he had about a half dozen points in that story where descalation could have occured, doors could have been locked, police could have been called sooner, etc.

I'll admit, I don't know what it's like to live with an alcoholic relative, but if it's that terrible and I've CHOSEN to live with/perpetuate that burden, then I better be prepared to stand by when people criticicize my life choices
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, I think you did just about everything wrong in that scenario.

I think you don't understand what it's like to have an alcoholic loved one.

The OP did his best and he's trying to solve his problem.

Yes I'm being critical, but he had about a half dozen points in that story where descalation could have occured, doors could have been locked, police could have been called sooner, etc.

I'll admit, I don't know what it's like to live with an alcoholic relative, but if it's that terrible and I've CHOSEN to live with/perpetuate that burden, then I better be prepared to stand by when people criticicize my life choices

Alcoholics are just people, they are all different. It sounds like he is the rage filled kind.

I know "happy" alcoholics, if I can call them that. They can be a little coarse at work while they are sober, but that last hour of the day they are happy as shit, then they pound their customary post work 6 pack to level out. Then it's story time if you choose to hang around with them beyond that (learned my lesson about that one) they will tell you slurred speech stories, wanting you to drink with them into the evening (gives them an excuse). They eventually drink themselves right to sleep, wake up and repeat.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Serious question - what does the wife say about what happened?  She ready to kick him out or does she consider that turning her back on family?  The two of you need to have a discussion about it now, before he gets back, and make it clear you will shoot him DRT if needed.

He needs to come home to a uhaul trailer hooked to his vehicle packed full of his shit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say he understands that. Positive thought and action are needed. He'll have more than enough time for his own recriminations.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is horrible. He needs to be kicked out. I would carry all the time around him if I were you. Be prepared to shoot him. I wouldn't tolerate someone getting in my wife's face and screaming. Just because he is muscled up doesn't actually mean he knows how to fight.

You need to talk to him when he is sober. Don't kick him out after he's been drinking or he'll just fly into another rage. You may actually have to shoot him then.
View Quote

Unload on him with a good pepper spray. Zip tie him till LE arrives.
Enabling an addict is worse than ignoring them.  he fucked up AGAIN.  OP & wife enables. The wife wants to help her brother, have her put the motel on her CC.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never mind, read your response to another thread. I agree, to a point. I would never have left my wife alone with him and I would have called the cops earlier but, that is based on my own dealings with a shitbag addict family member who I've had similar experiences with.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Where at in Texas OP, I might be able to help you out. I'll send my number, call me when you get a second.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]

I don't think my joking response would fly with some of the mods here.

Get him back into treatment. Is my serious response.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd say he understands that. Positive thought and action are needed. He'll have more than enough time for his own recriminations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I accept to your conclusion, and I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#10]
In for updates.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]
What is your wife's position on her brother and his living in your home at this point?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Look up eviction procedure from your state and start them now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What would you have done differently? Not trying to be confrontational, just curious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What would you have done differently? Not trying to be confrontational, just curious.

He would have knocked him unconscious with his 18 inch dick, then pissed on him to establish dominance.  Maybe a good dry-humping to drive the point home.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Do you have dogs OP?

I am fairly certain if that if something like that started happening in my house my dogs would have no part of it, it might get scary actually, especially if the hound thought one of us was in danger.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Drinking Fireball is pretty unforgivable all by itself.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Truth.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Could not press charges for him breaking your stuff?  That's criminal trespass all day long.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't fucking sweat this. What you did was understandable, and I'm sure that at some point, if you had to, you would have responded.

Start legal eviction proceedings if you have to, just get him the fuck out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I probably sound like a total coward here, but let me lay it out a bit clearer. I'm 6' 1" 150#. He's 6' 2" and probably 200# of solid muscle. I have never been in a physical fight in my 30 years, and this wasn't going to be my first. I also REALLY did NOT want to have to shoot my wife's brother...

Don't fucking sweat this. What you did was understandable, and I'm sure that at some point, if you had to, you would have responded.

Start legal eviction proceedings if you have to, just get him the fuck out.

Honestly, given the situation I think you took the best route possible. Now take the next best action and get him out of there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#19]
You guys recommending hitting him with pepper spray or a baseball bat have clearly never dealt with a drunk like this.

At that level of intoxication, particularly the blackout state, your body and what's left of your mind is running on autopilot.  The higher functions have shut down.

You don't feel much.  Pepper spray would just trigger a rage reaction, and hitting someone would do the same unless the blow is so hard that it turns off the lights for real.  If it doesn't, drunk blackout guy in very good condition is likely to take that bat from him and beat him with it.  

I don't think OP wants to do that.

OP does need to get him out of their house ASAP.  You aren't going to win in this situation or get anything positive out of it.  Your BIL is going to continue what he's doing - make excuses, then a bunch of promises, then clean up his act for a couple of days MAX......then do it again.

No need to make you or your wife suffer with it and no sense to do it either.  You subject yourself to the crap, and it simply prolongs the inevitable for him.

Stupid.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Your first mistake was allowing him to move in.

Your second will be allowing him to remain.
View Quote

QFTMFT
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Unless he helps himself no one else can. Tell him he needs to be in rehab or you'll throw him out. Your in a no win situation op. God bless.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#23]
This will be a somewhat short reply as I'm on my phone back at the hospital. Had to leave at 6 to feed critters at home.

To address the most common question, no he will not be allowed back in our house aside from picking up his shit. Wife and I are unanimous on that. We're hoping he'll self admit to psych once he wakes up, he's still passed out. His only option today is to stay in the hospital. He has no transportation here and I will not take him back to our place. Period. We will go from there, but he will NOT be living with us.

As of 7 AM his BAC was still 0.177. Keep in mind his 0.27 last night was taken almost 4 hours after his last drink...

I can't respond to the individual posts that I'd like to on my phone, but for those that are critical of my actions, in many ways I agree with you. I can't justify some of my actions. I feel in most ways like I did the best I could given that I have NEVER dealt with someone behaving in that manner. It was truly terrifying.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and support. We greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#24]
OP, you need to start researching Texas law. Yesterday. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to an attorney as well. In South Dakota that would have went the same way. Since you have allowed him to live there since February (first and biggest mistake), he is legally considered a tenant and you cannot immediately kick him out. The stuff he broke is his since it's his residence. Change the locks and he can break in. His residence. Anyone suggesting getting violent with him is a moron and there's a good chance you'd be facing domestic charges. Whoever said never let relatives live with you is 100% spot-on. Trick him into moving out and start eviction proceedings immediately.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#25]
For those worrying about eviction laws and such, acting on them requires the wherewithal to file stuff with a court and follow through on it.  I don't see that as a threat in this case.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Could not press charges for him breaking your stuff?  That's criminal trespass all day long.
View Quote

In hindsight, yes, we probably could have. I had not seen any of the damage at that point, and for some reason (shock?), my wife failed to mention it to the cop.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#27]
"...my wife's 21 year old brother has been living with us since last February...if anything is unclear, just ask and I can clarify."

Why is he there?  You need to take control of your own household, if you can.

And frankly, I think you need to take a good long look at your marriage.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This will be a somewhat short reply as I'm on my phone back at the hospital. Had to leave at 6 to feed critters at home.

To address the most common question, no he will not be allowed back in our house aside from picking up his shit. Wife and I are unanimous on that. We're hoping he'll self admit to psych once he wakes up, he's still passed out. His only option today is to stay in the hospital. He has no transportation here and I will not take him back to our place. Period. We will go from there, but he will NOT be living with us.

As of 7 AM his BAC was still 0.177. Keep in mind his 0.27 last night was taken almost 4 hours after his last drink...

I can't respond to the individual posts that I'd like to on my phone, but for those that are critical of my actions, in many ways I agree with you. I can't justify some of my actions. I feel in most ways like I did the best I could given that I have NEVER dealt with someone behaving in that manner. It was truly terrifying.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and support. We greatly appreciate it.
View Quote

You pack his shit and deliver it.

Him coming back to pack it is another powder keg waiting for a spark.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It didn't get to that point, thankfully.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know I probably sound like a total coward here, but let me lay it out a bit clearer. I'm 6' 1" 150#. He's 6' 2" and probably 200# of solid muscle. I have never been in a physical fight in my 30 years, and this wasn't going to be my first. I also REALLY did NOT want to have to shoot my wife's brother...

This. Anyone who carries a gun and is a mature responsible adult has probably done something similar. Hurts the ego a lot but it avoided physical violence.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This. Anyone who carries a gun and is a mature responsible adult has probably done something similar. Hurts the ego a lot but it avoided physical violence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To both of you, truly thank you. It means a lot right now.

I'm a train wreck. Horrible emotional, adrenaline filled night, and I'm now on hour 28 with no sleep. I think I'm still trying to process through everything that happened. While no one was hurt, this really shook up both of us.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^  That.   You and your wife are OK, and you really don't need all the hassle and bullshit involved in shooting anyone, let alone a relative.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#32]
In before alcoholic bil takes your gun and shoots op with it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Bear spray or pepper spray could have helped your situation. Maybe it's a gray solution to a black or white problem. Sorry to hear your family issues, hopefully you can just kick him out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You couldn't have him charged with property damage?
View Quote

Not when he lives there... its not illegal to break your own shit and its not the cops job to discern what property belongs to who. Civil matter for a civil court
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah.  Umm. That may be his legal residence by definition but he can still be charged with destruction of your property.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Brief background: my wife's 21 year old brother has been living with us since last February. He moved down to get away after a shitty relationship and to try to get his head straightened out. He has had problems with alcohol and drugs in the past, but had gone through a 30 day rehab program and was supposed to be sober. Ha. Ha. Ha. He's been drinking heavily since he came down. There have been some periods where he actually stays sober, but he always goes back to the booze. As a side note, he does have a history of bar fights, and blacked out rages in the past.

Also, as a side note...he's been aiming to play pro baseball for years. He works out two or three times daily and is built like a brick shithouse. 6' 2" 200#.  He has also, for at least the last couple years, been using all manner and variety of prohormones and other workout supplements. He was feeling depressed recently and got some blood work done and his testosterone was around 90 and his estrogen around 142. The doctor put him on 460mg/week of testosterone replacement. I can't help but think this played into the following.

This brings us to last night. I had gone into town to mail a package at around 3:30 PM. Returned home about 4:30. Notice BIL's Jeep is missing. My wife tells me he got upset about something and "went for a drive". That's typically been code for "go for a booze run". He comes back and sits in his cad for about 20 minutes. We suspect, correctly so, that he was out there drinking before he came in.

Turns out he pounded two bottles of Fireball whiskey and then followed it up with 10 bottles of 6% beer. We realized this situation was going to be difficult by about 5 PM when, after only 1 beer he was slurring his speech badly and was obviously pretty drunk already. He decided to treat drinking these beers like a race. Less than 10 minutes per bottle.

Things continued fairly peacefully until probably 7 PM. He got started on his "woe is me, my life sucks" spiel and started getting all weepy and shit. At some point it started shifting to anger and then exploded very rapidly...

While my wife was out on the front porch talking to their mom about the situation at hand, he made his way out from his room where I was praying he would just pass out. No such luck. He went out to the porch as well, and not too long thereafter I hear him yelling loudly then hear banging and crashing. I immediately went to our bedroom and grabbed my S&W 645. By the time I got back to the front door things had escalated. He was rampaging around the porch throwing things and punching walls and what not. I opened the front door and my wife pushed inside and closed and locked it. I quickly went to the back and locked the back door.

This was about the time I first contemplated involving law enforcement. I should have listened to my instincts. He disappeared for a short time, less than 10 minutes. Then he reappeared at the front door and started banging and kicking at the door. I truly thought he was going to kick it in. My wife went to the door asking him to calm down and to take it down a notch or two, and he did, long enough to get back inside.

He started making trips to his room and throwing his clothes and crap out the front door onto the porch and lawn. In the process of this we can tell his rage is growing again. I went to the kitchen in between his trips and got our coats and shoes. We were getting ready to bug out. I went out the back with the dogs since our gate doesn't open and you have to hop the fence to get out, wife was going to meet me outside. She ended up in the living room with him while I was out front.

I admit, and I'm ashamed, that I stayed outside and listened instead of actually going in at that point. He was screaming at the top of his lungs. Then the crashes started. Turns out he demolished one of our tray tables and upended and destroyed our coffee table. Luckily, he never actually laid a hand on my wife, but he was apparently right up in her face screaming. My reason for staying outside was that I didn't want to startle him or trigger him to do something rash.

At this point, hearing the crashing and screaming I finally called 911. I told them we had a domestic disturbance, that my BIL who lived with us was very drunk and threatening violence. They dispatched a county sheriff immediately. Unfortunately, we're rural and response time ended up being about 12-15 minutes. We ended up locking ourselves in the tack room in one of the barns. I know I probably sound like a total coward here, but let me lay it out a bit clearer. I'm 6' 1" 150#. He's 6' 2" and probably 200# of solid muscle. I have never been in a physical fight in my 30 years, and this wasn't going to be my first. I also REALLY did NOT want to have to shoot my wife's brother...

Finally the deputy shows up and makes contact with her brother. He broke down crying sobbing again with the cop. The deputy comes over to us and starts discussing the situation. Because he never laid a hand on either of us, he could not arrest her brother. Nor could he make him leave for the night since this is his legal residence, despite him not being on the lease. The cop told me straight up, "until he hits either of you, I can't do anything". I was a bit taken aback by that, but OK fine, we figure we'll bug out to a hotel since he obviously can't drive.

Her brother apparently tells the cop he wants us to take him to the hospital. OK fine. Cop leaves, things stay peaceful, we get him to the hospital. Apparently he immediately started getting belligerent with the doctor and nurses. Shocking.

3.5 hours after he stopped drinking his BAC was 0.277...  He finally ended up falling asleep at some point. I came home at about 6 AM to get all the horses fed, wife is still there.  

I may not have conveyed everything in the best way, but I'm working on absolutely 0 sleep and am a bit fried after that. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been that scared in my life.

I know this is really long, if anything is unclear, just ask and I can clarify.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Cop didn't do his job.
Should have hauled him off for disorderly conduct, property damage, and if he made any threats towards you or your wife assault.
He should have spent the night in detox at least.
View Quote

Disorderly conduct in his own home? A civil matter for the damage to the property... in his own home... the threats, if you have any proof of the crime that wasnt comitted in the officers presence then that could possibly fly. Alot of people dont realize the situation they are putting themselves in when they allow someone to stay with them, be it a relative or a crazy significant other... dont allow people you cant trust to stay in your home.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
FPNI for sure

You grabbed a gun because a family member was pissed? I can't say I'd even consider that, not even remotely. You must've been pissing yourself to do that. That is in no way a hit on you. What I do mean is that if you thought you needed a gun is that maybe you need to work on something based on the fact that you felt you needed a gun. Imagine that amount of shit that would've followed had you shot someone for what? I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I don't know how many brawls I've been in because of drunken friends in and out of the army. I wasn't there though so that call was yours to make.

You know better than anyone your BIL has major problems. He'd be out after that. He's 21 and wants to play pro baseball? Did he play baseball in college or even high school? The only reason I'm mentioning this is to point out what you probably already know. That kid has his priorities all f'd up and needs to get himself straightened out. Do you and your wife a favor and get him out asap.

I almost forgot about the testosterone. If you believe that he actually got prescribed that....I'm not sure what to tell you. Outside of rare circumstances, a 21 year old does not get prescribed testosterone. Either way, that crap doesn't make people rage. The only people that think that are people that don't know anything about steroids. Now, if you are already prone to raging then yes it could do that. Normally however, if you are a calm person, you will remain that kind of person with a calm demeanour.
View Quote

To say he was pissed would be to call Niagara Falls a quiet little stream. This was blind black out rage. I've never experienced anything like it before. I have never before, in my 30 years, feared for my life at the hands of another person. I did last night.

As to the testosterone, would you like a picture of the shit sitting on his bathroom counter with the pharmacy info on it? He was prescribed 460mg/week transdermal. If you don't believe that, well, sorry, its a fact. I never said it made him rage, I simply included it to give the full picture.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Get him the fuck out. Don't let him back.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#42]
The most important thing from this is that you did not inflict harm on your BIL. Had you done so - even in defense of your wife, you would be living with that between you for the rest of your union.

The next most important thing here is - he did not harm anyone, only property.

Most people have no experience with dealing with stressful situations. Even more people have no idea of how blood flow is re-routed in the brain, skin, extremities and torso when we get all aroused and ready to rock, roll, or run.

You ever read about folks fighting/etc and wonder why they didn't do the logical thing? Because when you are massively stressed out your logical brain has little fuel being supplied. Aint nothing under the sun that needs fuel to run that runs without it - so considering the circumstances, you did ok. Don't beat yourself up about it.

My questions:

Where does he get $ from for a car? Parents, you guys, a boy/girlfriend, rich grandparents or does he have a job?

What ground rules did you lay down when you agreed to have him move him, with you both knowing his history?

What are his parents saying? Even though he is 21, (if) they raised him, surely they have an inkling or insight on the person they raised.

Is is your house, her house, or both of you'se house?

If you insert a gun in the equation, it becomes very hard to remove it from the equation - it is kinda like removing ink from milk, or pee from pool water. You can reverse the process, but it is not easy. Smart for you not getting the gun up in the mix.

If you can, get him to agree to leave, now. If you can't, draft up paper and have him sign where you are "renewing/extending" his lease/stay. Put whatever conditions on paper you are comfortable with that voids his lease, and stick to it. Of course check with your state to make sure all of this is legal.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kick his ass out and cut all ties immediately.

This

And never ever ever EVER let relatives move in... I spent an entire childhood with one asshole relative or another in my house and it was never good. .
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#44]
He got his chance. Everybody should get one chance to do something stupid. We've all done stupid stuff, some more than others. But that doesn't mean you should give him another chance op. Kick him to the curb as smooth and efficiently as possible. But make it clear that anymore mistakes will be met with swift and brutal justice. He's a man, time to start acting like one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Throw his shit on the lawn, break contact and never let him back. No exceptions. Ever.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Had a brother in law as tenant, got depressed, started waving his 45 around. Had cops meet him later at work, took his pistol. Evicted him.
You need to kick your bro in law to the curb.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Throw his shit on the lawn, break contact and never let him back. No exceptions. Ever.

View Quote

I'd go with this.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I find it strange he didn't get arrested on a DV charge as well. In most states, breaking shit in the house while you're enraged or even just yelling in front of kids will get your arrested. It sounds more like someone used some discretion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not when he lives there... its not illegal to break your own shit and its not the cops job to discern what property belongs to who. Civil matter for a civil court

I find it strange he didn't get arrested on a DV charge as well. In most states, breaking shit in the house while you're enraged or even just yelling in front of kids will get your arrested. It sounds more like someone used some discretion.

It can happen, but it would have to be the intimidation angle. Which would have had to be expressed by the victims here and it doesnt sound like that was lresented to the officer. DV can be charged without physical contact but its a hard push and usually reserved for cases where there is a history between that particular suspect and victim. But then again down here DV specifically applies to sexual relationships. Violence between family members is the same as any other assault. Zo the laws clearly differ. That being said,

OP, dont sweat it. You got yoir wife out and nobody was hurt. I cant say one way or another what the correct response would be to your BIL yelling and screaming at your wife. Out of the two of you he is much more likely to react violently towards you so I tend to agree that not confronting him was a wise move. What I will say is that now that its done and over, it IS your job to make sure that yoir wife doesnt end up in the situation again. Get the eviction going now
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Your first mistake was allowing him to move in.

Your second will be allowing him to remain.
View Quote

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Toss him out immediately
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#50]
It was a cry for help, "Taze me Bro!"  You should have helped him out.  How often do you get the chance.  It would have been good negative reinforcement.  From then on, if he gets out of line, just spark the tazer a few times.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top