Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/19/2014 9:41:19 PM EDT
You write tickets for washing your private vehicle with your own water on your own private property???.....because it's in view of the public?

Damn

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
New York...  "Behold the field..."
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Blame the carwash unions?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
NY might suck, but don't lump HOA's or stupid downstate towns with the rest of us.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I think we already did this one a few years ago.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Cut it off at albany...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cut it off at albany...
View Quote

Cut it off at Pulaski.  ( It's pronounced  Pull ask eye. )
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
New Yorkers are tough.  They don't take shit from bitches.

Except when they wash their car.

Or buy guns.

Or food.

Or cigarettes.

Or pretty much anything.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Unbeliveable
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Bad attitudes all around.  Punk cop being used to enforce HOA rules.  Yeah, right.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last year actually.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1569161__ARCHIVED_THREAD____NY_Police_harass_man_in_driveway_for_washing_his_car
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Uh huh.  
Guess you missed the thread where the southern cops were talking about stopping people for walking on the wrong side of the street all the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or buy guns.
Or food.
Or cigarettes.
Or pretty much anything.
Uh huh.  
Guess you missed the thread where the southern cops were talking about stopping people for walking on the wrong side of the street all the time.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1613763__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Texas_woman_arrested_after_failing_to_stop_and_talk_to_police_officer
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I saw that here, I think it's Long Island, there was something weird about the car title and the guys seemed sketchy.

Never heard of that up here extorris seemed to know about it

Edit not sure statute applies, Long Island is full of douchebags, the guys seem sketchy

View Quote

Well that describes half the people and cars IN Long Island
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#18]

You better tell the guy using your avatar on a yankee Long Island newspaper's comment section to knock it off.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Uh huh.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or buy guns.

Or food.

Or cigarettes.

Or pretty much anything.
Uh huh.  

Yes, I did, but at least there is a theory to the flow of traffic, pedestrian or otherwise.  And now I'm going to go buy myself a grenade launcher and wash my car in the yard.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last year actually.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1569161__ARCHIVED_THREAD____NY_Police_harass_man_in_driveway_for_washing_his_car

1 calender year is 5 GD years.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last year actually.

It's like dog years.

For GD.

Also, 6 GD inches is 4 actual inches.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#23]
The cops came once when I was washing my car in my driveway on Long Island. They didn't seem to care, since they were there for my roommate and his girl beating the shit out of each other.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Make sure you walk on the correct side of the street. May your chains rest lightly.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or buy guns.

Or food.

Or cigarettes.

Or pretty much anything.
Uh huh.  

Yes, I did, but at least there is a theory to the flow of traffic, pedestrian or otherwise.  And now I'm going to go buy myself a grenade launcher and wash my car in the yard.
Make sure you walk on the correct side of the street. May your chains rest lightly.  

I've been doing that since I discovered the flow of traffic.  About the same time I first washed a car in my folks front yard.  I do try to be conscientious on public property.  Not so worried about private property.  It is illegal to DUI on private land here - does that count towards the weight of my shackles?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You better tell the guy using your avatar on a yankee Long Island newspaper's comment section to knock it off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/Newsday_zpse43b86a3.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Pics/Newsday_zpse43b86a3.png

Sigh....That's why you can't have nice things.....Fucking Yankees would steal a hot stove.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#26]
It's Garden City I believe, which is an Incorporated Village. As such they have their own Ordinances,Police Dept, and Courthouse. If I'm not mistaken they have the only Fire Department on Long Island with both paid and volunteer firefighters.
I suspect that guy was working on vehicles other than his own and the neighbors complained.
Here's another example of Village Ordinances on LI.

240-19 All Night Parking
A.The parking
of vehicles is hereby prohibited on all streets within the Village
of Lynbrook between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.

B.The
Mayor shall have the authority with the consent of the Village Board to
suspend from time to time the provisions set forth in Subsection A herein throughout the Village under such circumstances where it is deemed in the best interest of the Village residents.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Forget being pissed about washing it, I would be pissed if I had to come outside and look at pos across the street everyday...eyesore.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#28]
HOA's win again.

(You'd think it's bad enough not owning your own property, by leasing it from the State in the form of property taxes,
but when you then willingly cede your private property to a committee of your neighbors.... Damn Bitch, I don't know what to say.)
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's Garden City I believe, which is an Incorporated Village. As such they have their own Ordinances,Police Dept, and Courthouse. If I'm not mistaken they have the only Fire Department on Long Island with both paid and volunteer firefighters.

I suspect that guy was working on vehicles other than his own and the neighbors complained.

Here's another example of Village Ordinances on LI.
240-19 All Night Parking

A.The parkingof vehicles is hereby prohibited on all streets within the Villageof Lynbrook between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.

B.The Mayor shall have the authority with the consent of the Village Board to suspend from time to time the provisions set forth in Subsection A herein throughout the Village under such circumstances where it is deemed in the best interest of the Village residents.

View Quote

A lot of places up there have overnight parking laws. I never figured out what the deal was but, fuck that shit anyway.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:08:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Huh? Has nothing to do with a HOA  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HOA's win again.

(You'd think it's bad enough not owning your own property, by leasing it from the State in the form of property taxes,
but when you then willingly cede your private property to a committee of your neighbors.... Damn Bitch, I don't know what to say.)
Huh? Has nothing to do with a HOA  

Sorry, misunderstood the story. But the part in parentheses still stands!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's Garden City I believe...
View Quote

In Garden City, the name of the game is "Holding The Line." There's a reason it's remained nice, in spite of it's location. They don't play. Can't afford to.

Would I live there? No. (Even if I could afford it. ) However, I understand why things there are the way they are.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#35]
This is why so many from NY move here, Florida is turning into a NY.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In Garden City, the name of the game is "Holding The Line." There's a reason it's remained nice, in spite of it's location. They don't play. Can't afford to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be the wrong "type" of driver heading north over the border on N. Franklin Street.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is why so many from NY move here, Florida is turning into a NY.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw that here, I think it's Long Island, there was something weird about the car title and the guys seemed sketchy.

Never heard of that up here extorris seemed to know about it

Edit not sure statute applies, Long Island is full of douchebags, the guys seem sketchy

to the both of you.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Don't be the wrong "type" of driver heading north over the border on N. Franklin Street.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? It's a lovely area!

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
NY might suck, but don't lump HOA's or stupid downstate towns with the rest of us.
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Forget being pissed about washing it, I would be pissed if I had to come outside and look at pos across the street everyday...eyesore.
View Quote

Please stay up in NY with that attitude
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody wants people from the big H coming through their neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#43]
I couldn't wash my car in my driveway at my last place and I live in AZ. HOAs suck.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#44]
luckily, no issues w/ that crap here.  worse thing that happens around my house is cow manure gets all over my road.  

my god NYC (area) is fucked up beyond belief.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Nashville made it illegal to park a car in your front yard (no parking on your grass).  

Nashville also made it illegal to have a car in your driveway that does not have a current registration/plates.

Too many hipsters/liberals in Nashville.

Then there's the bit about Nashville deciding that if a car is over a certain age (I think it's ten years) and it's disabled (remove the battery and one wheel), you don't have to have a title or bill of sale to sell it to a salvage yard.  This is why people in Nashville can come home to find their 2nd car missing, and the police later find it (or most of it) at a salvage yard that lets you pull the parts yourself.  I was told that the owners of that salvage yard lobbied for the change in the law, allowing anybody with a car trailer to just show up and sell a car to salvage yards, with no paperwork.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That last part is giving a green light to scumbag scrappers to steal cars  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nashville made it illegal to park a car in your front yard (no parking on your grass).  

Nashville also made it illegal to have a car in your driveway that does not have a current registration/plates.

Too many hipsters/liberals in Nashville.

Then there's the bit about Nashville deciding that if a car is over a certain age (I think it's ten years) and it's disabled (remove the battery and one wheel), you don't have to have a title or bill of sale to sell it to a salvage yard.  This is why people in Nashville can come home to find their 2nd car missing, and the police later find it (or most of it) at a salvage yard that lets you pull the parts yourself.  I was told that the owners of that salvage yard lobbied for the change in the law, allowing anybody with a car trailer to just show up and sell a car to salvage yards, with no paperwork.
That last part is giving a green light to scumbag scrappers to steal cars  

There was an old salvage yard, a couple miles down the road from the pull the parts yourself salvage yard.  I knew the people that ran the old salvage yard, and occasionally did some machinework for the owner.  I can remember at least two times that I was at their place, and people came in looking for the pull the parts yourself salvage yard, because the police had called them and told them their stolen car had been found.  

Looking for some cash but don't want to get a job?  Just buy (or steal) a car trailer, then go driving around looking for an older car parked in a driveway with nobody home.  If anybody asks any questions, just tell them the owner asked you to take it to the shop.  After the car is loaded, haul ass to some place where you can pull the battery and a wheel, then head for the pull the parts yourself yard to sell the car for scrap.  If you're lucky, you'll be home with the cash in your pocket, before the police are called.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They don't require photocopies of a driver's license to scrap in TN?
View Quote

The 'no title required to scrap' only applies in Nashville/Davidson county.  Anywhere else in the state, they require (as far as I know) a title or bill of sale.  The way it was explained to me, Nashville created some sort of loophole in state law, by focusing on the vehicle being "disabled" (which could be done by removing the battery and a wheel).

Some years ago, the state passed a law to address people cutting catalytic converters off of cars in parking lots, making it illegal (or at least difficult) to sell a catalytic converter (with no car attached) to scrap dealers.   The old salvage yard that I was familiar with, was sold a couple years ago, so I haven't kept up with any changes that may or may not have been made to address the obvious problem of a large Nashville salvage yard buying stolen cars and selling parts off them before the cops show up looking for the cars.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry this place sucks but it's not NYS law,some stupid village ordinance.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top