Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 5:08:21 PM EDT
past month I've talked a coyote killer here into buying into the AR platform. He got a $460 Bushmaster from the Black Friday thread.
Another woman I work with was going to pay $500 for an SR22. I showed her a link to CDNN where the same gun was $299.00 and she hasn't stopped thanking me yet. It will be her first gun. I explained the online buying experience and what it entails.
I'm doing my best to get guns into the hands of anyone willing to listen to me. I've got two other guys I work with directly wanting to start buying parts and asking for assistance with their builds.
Do you try to do this? I figure the more people on the team, the louder the cheer or something like that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.  Walked my boss through the NJ FID process, got his card a month ago.  Sent him to buy a Stag lower and helped him assemble it in my basement.  Had him order a 3G upper, he is still deciding on an optic before we start shooting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I try to get people to support the 2A however I can, doesnt matter what their flavor de jour
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I do everything I can to educate and promote firearm ownership.  Doesn't matter if its an semi-auto rifle, bolt action, single shot, revolver, auto loading pistol, over under shotgun, break open single shot, or black powder musket and all the others that I missed.  If it uses a propellant to launch a projectile at a target, you can count on me to be a huge advocate for it and for you to have one, or many.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I may be personally responsible for dozens of people buying black rifles.

Pretty much everyone at work to start.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked my friends into buying yes, they just picked up some rifle kits from PSA via the sales they've been having, premium kits. we put one on a psa blem lower last weekend and hey, it's a shooter.  I have to say it has a much nicer trigger than i had expected...  now he's showing signs of the BRD. He is looking for optics and says he wants a rail.  I told him to just build a whole other upper and he thinks that's a great idea hahah

My other buddy wants to assemble his two this weekend.  we'll see how quickly the infection spreads... :)

oh and my brother has a rifle we put together from an m16 parts kit but that was earlier this year.  he seems completely uninterested in it though, i think he just wanted a "wallhanger"
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Since I bought an AR, Both my crew now own multiple AR's, both of their brothers now own AR.s, My two brothers own AR's, Two of my best friends own AR's ( I built both of them), My kids bestst friends Dad owns an AR ( I helped him build it and took him to the range to shoot it, his first gun), and I have helped many co-workers and friends select and purchase AR's.

Even my dentist bartered my last crown if I would help him build his first AR.

You tell me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Helped out a cop from L.A when he wanted to put an FAL together.
Nice guy, he even bought me beer.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I have helped 3 co workers build there own, and two others order rifles online.

Just this year.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Abso-freakin-lutely.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been doing my part, at least four new ones in the office due to me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I ridicule them until they have no choice but to give in. I'm doing the same with suppressors too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I've infected numerous people with NFAIDS.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I built my AR shortly after my join date.  I didn't know anyone with one at the time.  Since then,  several of my friends have purchased them.  5 off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup young Lady co-worker and I going this weekend. 1) home defense 12ga shot-gun. and 1) purse pistol 9mm.  Fourth one in my office this year alone.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I have tried my best
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#16]
YES.
AR15 is basically the symbol of citizenship  for the 21st century.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes because more people on my side is only a good thing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#18]
We have a huge annual Cookout / Campout / Shootout and we ALWAYS try to invite some neutral people and even a few "Guns are icky" people - It's always worked out well!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes. So far I have had 4 of my coworkers buy 6 rifles from Rainier Arms. Gotta keep the locals in business!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#20]
replies are awesome
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Abso-freakin-lutely.

View Quote

This.

I've converted about a dozen families from "Aren't ARs illegal machine guns what spray bullitts on teh childrens?" to, essentially "Hold my beer and watch this..." with ARs.

They've gone from complete fear and belief in total misinformation to complete acceptance and total comfort with the platform.

It's some of the most fun you can have with guns.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I've influenced several to build / buy ARs, and 3-4 of them to buy suppressors.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes and two were Obama lovers.  One feminazi and one NYC transplant.  Now they are gun loving, Bloomberg/Obama hating libertarians.  The other was a FUDD.  It's a start.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my father in law into it.
He even took a carbine class.

Got my old landlord, who leans liberal, into AR's.
He bought a BCM directly from Paul Buffoni at a local gun show.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
past month I've talked a coyote killer here into buying into the AR platform. He got a $460 Bushmaster from the Black Friday thread.
Another woman I work with was going to pay $500 for an SR22. I showed her a link to CDNN where the same gun was $299.00 and she hasn't stopped thanking me yet. It will be her first gun. I explained the online buying experience and what it entails.
I'm doing my best to get guns into the hands of anyone willing to listen to me. I've got two other guys I work with directly wanting to start buying parts and asking for assistance with their builds.
Do you try to do this? I figure the more people on the team, the louder the cheer or something like that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I talked my brother into handguns a while back.
now he has a gunsafe, a bunch of pistols, and he belongs to a really nince sporting clays club and has a Browning comp O/U.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I have. With quite a few people.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#28]
at least a half dozen co workers :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm a vector for BRD; I am of the belief that every able-bodied American should own at least one AR platform rifle or carbine. Specially when I let potential owners fire my M4rgery with an ACOG on top. It's very... Very Infectious.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I have dedicated a portion of my life specifically to advance ownership of the black rifle. Honest to god I put in lots of blood, sweat, and man tears every month to make buying and learning about AR15s more accessible for the masses.

How to build a lower receiver

AR Buyers Guide

Variable Optics Buyers Guide

Red Dot Sight Guide

I figure if I can clear up questions, people will feel more comfortable buying a black rifle.

I can never honestly know if its working, but 650k visitors in the last year visited me looking to answer questions about the AR15. I hope its working.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#31]
They call me Johnny Rifleseed, I spread gunliness everywhere I go. Dozens upon dozens of new gun owners by my coercion, assistance, tempting, sharing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't go around on a bike, in a tie, like a missionary. But, if someone opens the door a crack by asking ... I kick it right open.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#33]
This past April, I facilitated an order of 14 stripped lowers. Four of the seven buyers were breaking their black rifle cherries. All have successfully assembled and fired their rifles within a couple of weeks of getting their lowers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I feel I have done my part.

Helped several with their first builds.
Helped about a hundred weed thru the NFA nonsense and file form 1's.
Helped hundreds partake in their first shots thru a suppressor as well as steer them to good dealers.

I am called, on another site, the NFA enabler.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I've encouraged and helped a bunch of people get their carry permit, and walked some of them through their first gun purchases.

I've taught at least a dozen people how to shoot a gun, the four safety rules, etc

I want everyone who is legally able to own a gun to do so and also to be armed whenever they're legally allowed. People have a responsibility to be able to defend themselves. I enjoy showing people that didn't grow up around firearms that they're not scary.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes and yes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes, yes I do

I've convinced a bunch of folks that their lives are "incomplete" if they don't own at least one.

I help build them for free too!  Group builds are good M'Kay....

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Of course, we all have an obligation to ensure that the militia is properly trained and equipped.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Had a guy at work go from not knowing anything about the NFA process, to purchasing a Saker762 on a Trust in less than 5 days.

Got another coworker who doesn't own anything but an 870 and an XDm to get his trust. A third is getting prepared to start the venture into NFA, with a 4th on the fence(and I haven't even got my first can yet, I think that number will rise once I do).

Helped one out build his first AR(and now he shoots competition with it and loves it, I still haven't), which partially led to another coworker doing a build which he just finished last week(I didn't physically help him with that build, just answered questions).

That's just in the past year. Before that I did a metric fuckton of assistance on builds.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Do you actively infect others with BRD? Or encourage gun ownership amongst the masses
View Quote

My SIL had been talking about getting a Sig one day. I took him to the range and let him shoot my CZ75B. He found one and we went to a range near his home. When we left he was shooting pot pie size groups @ 7 yards. He doesn't come from a shooting family so I thought he did pretty good. We're springing for an NRA membership for him in '15.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#42]
A while back, my co-workers used to call me "The Lord of War", due to everyone wanting my input on weapons, ammo or any other accessory. I have a lot of experience, but also try to live the example rather than push. I let others seek me out, as they do talk.

Background in a technical/weapons capacity for tier one types probably helps.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I consider it a service I provide to the people around me

I have friends who are enablers, so I enable them right back
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top