BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

None of that matters, the left loves commies.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Of course, but this thread is about Rand Paul and Marco Rubio taking opposite sides on this.

Skip to 7:09 to hear about that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Of course, but this thread is about Rand Paul and Marco Rubio taking opposite sides on this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Powerful stuff. Doesn't look good for Rand IMO.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These bashing Rand threads are becoming quite humorous. Topic starts out about Rubio's isolationist views on Cuba and gets derailed to "Rand questions police power and likes black people."

I always find it interesting that people who constantly bash anything libertarian feel the need to claim they supported Rand at some point until he did "X".

I always find it interesting that Paul supporters constantly strive to divert attention away from his words and his actions when they are too damaging to spin.

I'm tired of RINOS like McCain and Rand Paul who say that they "reach across the aisle to solve our country's problems".

Or who suck up to racist charlatan scumbags of the likes of Al Sharpton and Barack Obama for political gain.

Yup, Rand Paul's documented predeliction for pandering Herp a Derp is as funny as hell.

Sucking up to Sharpton .

Reaching across the aisle RINO bullshit.

Adopting Obama's foreign policy towards Cuba.

Funny, funny stuff.

Perhaps Rand Paul will follow Obama's degrading apology to the Cuban People for American colonialism with one of his own.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yup, Rand Paul's documented predeliction for pandering Herp a Derp is as funny as hell.

Sucking up to Sharpton .

Reaching across the aisle RINO bullshit.

Funny, funny stuff.
View Quote

Why exactly should we believe you ever would have supported Rand and his tendency to support libertarian ideals again? You seem to throw him under the bus rather quickly for acknowledging there might be racial tension fueled by the War on Drugs and the War on Poverty. Is he wrong about those matters? I wasn't aware that meeting with someone is the same thing as sucking up to them. Maybe you should have a talk with this fella.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I still stand with Rand.  He matches my views on most issues.  
View Quote

same here, and since we live in Ky  and are the ones who elect him, I dont much give a fuck what other non KY resident arfcommers , or anyone else thinks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rubio certainly made a strong case for his argument leaving Rand Paul to appear foolish and naive rather than Presidential material.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

same here, and since we live in Ky  and are the ones who elect him, I dont much give a fuck what other non KY resident arfcommers , or anyone else thinks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still stand with Rand.  He matches my views on most issues.  

And we want you to keep him.  Re-elect him forever.  
Like the Bushes, Clintons, and Kennedys, he is of and part of the professional political class.    
The rest of us have had about enough of that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

That was pretty impressive.  Not enough to make me vote for Rubio in a GOP Primary - I'm firmly in the Scott Walker camp right now - but at least enough to make him more palatable as a VP Nominee (mainly due to the need to win FL).

Still like someone like Susanna Martinez better though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm torn about ending the embargo.

I think Congress should vote on it.
View Quote

Congress definitely needs to vote on it, just in terms of rule of law.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm torn about ending the embargo.

I think Congress should vote on it.

The Embargo is statutory.  No decent conservative would applaud its elimination via Executive fiat.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Rand Paul simply has the good sense to see it as pretty much a non-issue (we support commie countries every day with our trade) while Rubio's pandering to his old-assed moneyed Cuban American supporters is plain for all to see.
View Quote

If Rand Paul ends up as the nominee, he may rue the day he turned his back on those 'old-assed moneyed Cuban American supporters'.  And let's be honest, it isn't like Rand has proven himself to be a Paragon of Anti-Pandering.  

So why not 'pander' to successful and patriotic anti-communists?  It's still better than pandering to gang-banging looters.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Have you ever stood next to either of them?   Wee men, they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The wee little fellows are fighting.

Anyone is skinny next to Chris Christie.

Have you ever stood next to either of them?   Wee men, they are.

No I did not know that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
2) Increased voting by felons.
View Quote

If you can't trust them with a ballot or a gun they should still be in prison. A free man is supposed to be free, no?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you can't trust them with a ballot or a gun they should still be in prison. A free man is supposed to be free, no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And to what audience was Rand making that argument?

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When he made similar statements in Louisville earlier this year, it was to men (and women) whom had served their time,  turned their lives around, and became beacons in the West Louisville communities for success after incarceration.

Didn't read what p-d had linked to, sorry. But I remember the same comments from February or so. Local news ran the story, think WLKY.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you would favor things like elimination of parole and probation and Rand's Prop 47 style proposal to expunge criminal records?  

Interesting perspective, but I take a more traditionally conservative view towards the franchise.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So you would favor things like elimination of parole and probation and Rand's Prop 47 style proposal to expunge criminal records?  

Interesting perspective, but I take a more traditionally conservative view towards the franchise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes to the "no parole", they serve the full time, no "good behavior" early releases or the ilk.

Records for anything under 18 are supposed to be sealed anyways, don't see a need to expunge them, do you?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes to the "no parole", they serve the full time, no "good behavior" early releases or the ilk.

Records for anything under 18 are supposed to be sealed anyways, don't see a need to expunge them, do you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to be clear, Rand Paul has come out firmly against the 'Serve the full time' approach.  His opinions on this have already been posted in this thread.

And I'm against record expunging on principle.  If anything what has unfolded during the Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown cases demonstrate that there are legions of offenders who exploit their status as juveniles to wreak havoc in their communities.

We need stricter standards in criminal tracking and sentencing, not more relaxed standards.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Just to be clear, Rand Paul has come out firmly against the 'Serve the full time' approach.

And I'm against record expunging on principle.  If anything the what has unfolded during the Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown cases demonstrate that there are legions of offenders who exploit their status as juveniles to wreak havoc in their communities.

We need stricter standards in criminal tracking and sentencing, not more relaxed standards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to be clear, Rand Paul has come out firmly against the 'Serve the full time' approach.

And I'm against record expunging on principle.  If anything the what has unfolded during the Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown cases demonstrate that there are legions of offenders who exploit their status as juveniles to wreak havoc in their communities.

I know the bolded part. No person is perfect, because mankind itself is not perfect.

You weren't assuming I felt he was, were you? If so, that would have been your first mistake.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#21]
The real point is that the substance of these arguments becomes irrelevant, as soon as one realizes that it's part of a larger pattern of pandering to different audiences.

It is unfortunate that he puts his diehard supporters and defenders of the "Paul" brand into such a position of having to defend such fecklessness.

No Republican candidate or politician should ever feel the need to sit down and talk with Al Sharpton.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know the bolded part. No person is perfect, because mankind itself is not perfect.

You weren't assuming I felt he was, were you? If so, that would have been your first mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't assume anything, I was simply pointing out that my dispute was with Rand Paul's stated position and not yours as a matter of clarity and courtesy.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The real point is that the substance of these arguments becomes irrelevant, as soon as one realizes that it's part of a larger pattern of pandering to different audiences.

It is unfortunate that he puts his diehard supporters and defenders of the "Paul" brand into such a position of having to defend such fecklessness.
View Quote

That's an issue with most RINOs.

Anyone old enough to have lived through the 90s can recall John McCain ending up in these situations constantly - give an interview to CNN or ABC, make some questionable statement trying to 'find common ground' with his audience and then run around explaining 'what he really meant'.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Anyone old enough to have lived through the 90s can recall John McCain ending up in these situations constantly - give an interview to CNN or ABC, make some questionable statement trying to 'find common ground' with his audience and then run around explaining 'what he really meant'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spent about an hour with Senator Joe Manchin a couple of weeks ago.   He seemed to be of the impression that being a Moderate "reach across the aisle" kind of guy was a virtue, in and of itself.  He made this point again and again.

On substance, however, he was either ill-informed or holding the Leftist position (while insisting it was Moderate).

Not impressive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I spent about an hour with Senator Joe Manchin a couple of weeks ago.   He seemed to be of the impression that being a Moderate "reach across the aisle" kind of guy was a virtue, in and of itself. He made this point again and again.

On substance, however, he was either ill-informed or holding the Leftist position (while insisting it was Moderate).

Not impressive.
View Quote

That thinking is a pox.  GWB (and his father before him) gave in to that urge and look where it left them.  

That's why I still have such a high opinion of Dick Cheney - he understands what the score is and doesn't back down (See: his impressive defense of the EIT program).
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Given that the Embargo is largely Statuatory in form, shouldn't Congress be involved in the elimination?

Do good Conservatives cheer for Obama's usurpation of power from Congress?
View Quote

Yes.

No.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Weekly Standard takes Rand to task:  Rand Just Doesn't Understand: In a recent op-ed, Rand Paul argues for President Obama's foreign policy

Senator Rand Paul has an op-ed in Time magazine making the case for normalizing diplomatic relations with Cuba as Barack Obama has proposed. It’s a reasonable objective for U.S. policy and there’s a good case to be made that the embargo on Cuba is anachronistic.

But Paul doesn’t make that case.

Instead, he offers comforting bromides about the wonders of engagement and relies on examples that suggest he may not have been paying much attention to national security over the past three decades. It’s worth taking the time to read the entire piece, particularly as Paul considers presenting himself as a candidate for the presidency in 2016.

It’s a striking claim. Paul cites the examples of Iran and North Korea to make his point that diplomacy doesn’t make the United States less safe. But U.S. diplomacy in those places has failed repeatedly and left us unquestionably less safe. On Iran, the U.S. reengagement began under George W. Bush, and despite our willing diplomacy the Iranian regime: accelerated its nuclear weapons program; expanded its support for regional terrorist groups; harbored senior al Qaeda figures and their families; and funded, trained, and equipped jihadists responsible for the deaths of hundreds of U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In North Korea, despite our on-and-off discussions “stretching back to the Clinton administration,” the unstable, belligerent regime in North Korea became a nuclear power. Soon after, North Korea was caught, red-handed, sharing nuclear technology with Syria, a rogue state that like North Korea was listed on the U.S. State Department’s list of state sponsors of terror.

These are Rand Paul’s examples of good diplomacy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Haha, Rand Paul and Barack Shitstain, two peas in a pod.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Haha, Rand Paul and Barack Shitstain, two peas in a pod.
View Quote

Hey, they seem to share a similar attitude towards the police as well.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top