Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I stood with Rand but he shit in my hand, he's lost all credibility after his Sharpton-like remarks regarding Ferguson and now he is wratcheting up the derp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to be an enthusiastic Rand supporter but lately I've heard a bit too much derp come out of his mouth.

I stood with Rand but he shit in my hand, he's lost all credibility after his Sharpton-like remarks regarding Ferguson and now he is wratcheting up the derp.

Once again, he was talking about the War on Poverty being the leading culprit. If you have some quotes of Sharpton saying the same thing, I would be really interested in seeing them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He said that things like Ferguson are caused by the "War on Poverty" and what it has caused in those communities and he was 100% correct.

What I want to know is WHERE he went and sung kumbaya with Al Sharpton like you suggested? You seem to be pointing any opposing view to being one in the same no matter what.

Typical GD, chastise the person standing up for your beliefs and vote for the dumbass that will sell you out

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rand Paul is the source.  Where were you?

He said that things like Ferguson are caused by the "War on Poverty" and what it has caused in those communities and he was 100% correct.

What I want to know is WHERE he went and sung kumbaya with Al Sharpton like you suggested? You seem to be pointing any opposing view to being one in the same no matter what.

Typical GD, chastise the person standing up for your beliefs and vote for the dumbass that will sell you out

No he didn't, he went to Ferguson and proposed things like 'Jobs Programs' in place of prison terms for felons and Federal oversight of local police, classic Big Government positions.

Of all the 2016 GOP potentials, Rand Paul seems most likely to 'sell us out' based on the words out of his own mouth.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Rand, it's really not his fault the usual suspects around here didn't understand his comments about Fergussen or why he made them.

That said, he's starting to make a habit out of trolling his opponents and it doesn't do him credit. Calling out Clinton after the midterm, his sparring with McCain and Santorum and others and now throwing the isolationist label at Rubio.

I'm sure his advisors are telling him to throw punches, but I don't think he's landing many of them lately.

Cuba is a non-issue IMO, neither side ha a strong enough argument to elicit a single fuck.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"show me where Paul said it"

"Paul never said that"

"Source?"

"that's not what Paul meant"

"I haven't heard of those remarks by Paul"

"......Paul's remarks were taken out of context"

Sound at all familiar?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, dude Rand could say he now supports Obamacare and people would still defend him and support whatever derpy decision he makes.  He has plenty of 'true believers' here.

So true, the Ferguson threads were real eyeopeners.

"Paul never said that"

"Source?"

Sound at all familiar?

That's how these things go with people who refuse to comprehend in the first place.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Rand Paul: Expand Jobs Programs by Reducing Sentences

People at the [Ferguson] event said that they remained concerned about the GOP’s opposition to federal funding for job training and education and other social programs. Paul said that he would support increases in federal spending for job training in urban communities that could be paid for with cuts to the costs of incarceration. “I think there would be money for job training if you greatly lessened criminal sentencing,” he said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No he didn't, he went to Ferguson and proposed things like 'Jobs Programs' in place of prison terms for felons and Federal oversight of local police, classic Big Government positions.

Of all the 2016 GOP potentials, Rand Paul seems most likely to 'sell us out' based on the words out of his own mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still waiting for a source for the increasing pile of allegations.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look above you Professor.

Your smugness is going to be short lived though - this has all been posted (and ignored ) before.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Rand Paul: Federal Oversight will help make police less discriminatory

Kimberly Jade Norwood, a professor of law and African American Studies at Washington University in St. Louis, wondered whether federal dollars could be used – as a carrot or stick – to improve local police training “so that officers keep bullets in their guns a little bit longer.”

“I think he got it,” she said.

Paul said he understands the desire by local residents to have the Justice Department issue consent degrees and exert control. “I think there’s a role for the federal government to step in when laws are discriminatory or when there’s police action that is, frankly, discriminatory,” he said.
View Quote

He also expands on his Jobs Programs for Felons proposal with detail that makes it even more disturbing:

Paul has been working to preach a version of small-government libertarianism that will have mass appeal. He explained that he supports increasing federal funding for job training programs but said it should be paid for with the savings from shorter prison sentences for non-violent drug offenders.

“If you have a guy who’s been in jail for seven years and you give him a one-year sentence and then give him a job-training program, it still cheaper than keeping him in jail for seven years,” he said. “There would be money for job training if you greatly lessened criminal sentencing.”
View Quote

What kind of people does he think are getting 7 year sentences?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

People at the [Ferguson] event said that they remained concerned about the GOP’s opposition to federal funding for job training and education and other social programs. Paul said that he would support increases in federal spending for job training in urban communities that could be paid for with cuts to the costs of incarceration. "I think there would be money for job training if you greatly lessened criminal sentencing,” he said.

So Rand went to Saint Louis to meet with a conservative think tank and makes an off color statement that money would be better spent on these communities teaching people a skill, rather than incarcerating them for having too many pot needles, turns into: "Rand Paul went to Fergusson and met with Al Sharpton, all whilst plotting out a plan with democratic leadership of what to do to make big government reign!".

Give me a fucking break.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL, yep, typical Paul-bot v2.

He went to Ferguson to meet with the NAACP and the 'African American Studies Professor' quoted above.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

People at the [Ferguson] event said that they remained concerned about the GOP’s opposition to federal funding for job training and education and other social programs. Paul said that he would support increases in federal spending for job training in urban communities that could be paid for with cuts to the costs of incarceration. “I think there would be money for job training if you greatly lessened criminal sentencing,” he said.

Protip, making government smaller means there are less laws and the corrections system costs less money.

Paul has been very clear about the sort of crimes he thinks are over-prosecuted, guns, drugs, malum prohibitum in general.

I get that not everybody agrees with that, but most folks around here seem to think government is too big.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rand is indeed a dumbass who will sell you out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rand is standing with Obama, in support of a policy the the Left has advocated for 50 years.  This is undeniable.

Do you disagree?
View Quote

Nope. I agree with Rand, Obama and the left on this one.

It doesn't happen often, but there it is just the same.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm so offended that I've been called that overused phrase.

Whatever, keep supporting the establishment and be responsible for a person like Hilary getting in as a causation. Not like we won't tell you we told you so down the road.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Whatever, keep supporting the establishment and be responsible for a person like Hilary getting in as a causation. Not like we won't tell you we told you do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever, keep supporting the establishment and be responsible for a person like Hilary getting in as a causation. Not like we won't tell you we told you do.

LOL, there is nothing more 'establishment' in American politics than pandering to the NAACP.

Nothing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
LOL, there is nothing more 'establishment' in American politics than pandering to the NAACP.

Nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing.

Whatever. Just go nominate another Romney or McCain. That will solve all of your problems
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Whatever. Just go nominate another Romney or McCain. That will solve all of your problems
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing.

The funny thing about this statement is that it's Rand Paul who has picked up the old John McCain Maverick Playbook of running about before traditionally liberal audiences,criticizing other Republicans.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The funny thing about this statement is that it's Rand Paul who has picked up the old John McCain Maverick Playbook of running about before traditionally liberal audiences,criticizing other Republicans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing.

Like Marco Rubios spineless RINO ass? Ha, I'm so offended...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Protip, making government smaller means there are less laws and the corrections system costs less money.

Paul has been very clear about the sort of crimes he thinks are over-prosecuted, guns, drugs, malum prohibitum in general.

I get that not everybody agrees with that, but most folks around here seem to think government is too big.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So letting criminals out of prison to finance 'jobs programs' is a way of shrinking the government?

Chess not checkers, indeed!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I give up.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So Rand went to Saint Louis to meet with a conservative think tank and makes an off color statement that money would be better spent on these communities teaching people a skill, rather than incarcerating them for having too many pot needles, turns into: "Rand Paul went to Fergusson and met with Al Sharpton, all whilst plotting out a plan with democratic leadership of what to do to make big government reign!".

Give me a fucking break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People at the [Ferguson] event said that they remained concerned about the GOP’s opposition to federal funding for job training and education and other social programs. Paul said that he would support increases in federal spending for job training in urban communities that could be paid for with cuts to the costs of incarceration. "I think there would be money for job training if you greatly lessened criminal sentencing,” he said.

Give me a fucking break.

yeah that'll land you in prison.......
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a clever move. There are plenty of people on the right that scream "isolationist" whenever someone doesn't support a new conflict so it's good to see Paul call one of them out for advocating literal isolation.

Quoted:

Damn fella get you head out of your butt, you will find no answers there.

Had the GOP any sense they would have normalized relations with Cuba in the W years and be able to take credit for it. The Halfrican is playing the GOP like a damn fiddle.

Rand Paul simply has the good sense to see it as pretty much a non-issue (we support commie countries every day with our trade) while Rubio's pandering to his old-assed moneyed Cuban American supporters is plain for all to see.

McCain and Company are just mad they will have one less country to rattle a sabre at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rand is standing with Obama, in support of a policy the the Left has advocated for 50 years.  This is undeniable.

Do you disagree?

Had the GOP any sense they would have normalized relations with Cuba in the W years and be able to take credit for it. The Halfrican is playing the GOP like a damn fiddle.

Rand Paul simply has the good sense to see it as pretty much a non-issue (we support commie countries every day with our trade) while Rubio's pandering to his old-assed moneyed Cuban American supporters is plain for all to see.

McCain and Company are just mad they will have one less country to rattle a sabre at.

Half the politicians in the Republican party are arm-in-arm with Obama and Feinstein on the NSA mass surveillance programs, even more supported Hillary Clinton's foreign policy despite grumbling about the execution. Rubio himself has a nice long speech at the Brookings Institution where he thanks that conservative stalwart Lieberman for his guidance and disparages people on the right so this talk of Paul aligning with leftists is just pouting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?

A man who is comfortable in his shoes.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#24]
On a purely economic standpoint it makes sense. Florida officials have been brainstorming the opening of Cuba for more than 20 years.
Not a month goes by that some industry is not talking about free trade with Cuba.

Maybe this is a Florida thing that Yankee's can't get a handle on. Miami is the US porthole to all of Central and South America
including the Caribbean. Time to cash in I say.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing.

Is one of YOUR problems the disenfranchisement of black voters, via Voter ID, or perhaps the fact that out Foreign Policy is not friendly enough towards Communist Dictators.   If so, Rand's your man.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Given that the Embargo is largely Statuatory in form, shouldn't Congress be involved in the elimination?

Do good Conservatives cheer for Obama's usurpation of power from Congress?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I like Rubio, but he fucked himself HARD with me over this immigration thing.

Fellow Cuban-American or not, I say we slam the fucking door at the border to EVERYONE until we get our house fixed and cleaned out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Which as we know, does not track the party line on several issues.

To suggest it's a leftist position is unfair.

As far as Ferguson, Voter ID, etc. is concerned, it's clear Rand and/or his handlers are making a conscious effort to demonstrate his differences from the party at large and at least make a token effort to reach out to voting groups given up as lost permanently to the Democrat Party.  We can argue the merits of doing that at risk of alienating the base.  Politicians pander all the time.  Rand is pandering, just to a voting block we don't expect.
View Quote

I actually don't care much about his Cuba statements, though he should have framed them more economically and dropped the naive notions.  I agree it is consistent with his long standing foreign policy views so it is not a big surprise.  His comments on Ferguson were unforgivable however.  Like Obama and Holder, he only inadvertently or not gave credence to the absurd narratives surrounding these incidents and irresponsibly fed into this victim culture now so prevalent.  Whether it was his ideological blindness or pandering doesn't matter, as it really makes me question this guy's judgement.  If he is pandering, well it puts him in terrible company.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Give me a fucking break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give me a fucking break.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2014/11/24/rand-pauls-mistake-courting-al-sharpton/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/20/politics/al-sharpton-rand-paul-meeting/

RINO:

"Paul's spokeswoman said the meeting with Sharpton was "another example of Sen. Paul's willingness to work across the aisle to solve our nation's problems."

"Anyone who thinks that race does not still, even if inadvertently, skew the application of criminal justice in this country is just not paying close enough attention. Our prisons are full of black and brown men and women who are serving inappropriately long and harsh sentences for non-violent mistakes in their youth. The militarization of our law enforcement is due to an unprecedented expansion of government power in this realm. It is one thing for federal officials to work in conjunction with local authorities to reduce or solve crime. It is quite another for them to subsidize it."

~ Rand Paul~

And last but far from least; Rand Paul's Derp at the Urban League.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/25/politics/paul-urban-league/
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Since oil seems to be slowing down for a bit, Texas should be willing to trade with Cuba again.

https://www.texastribune.org/2014/12/18/easing-sanctions-cuba-could-be-boon-texas/
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Paul also touted that he's working with Democrats, like Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, on a bill that would expunge records, under certain circumstances, of non-violent and youth related crimes.  And, he's rubbing shoulders with Attorney General Eric Holder on sentencing reform as well as some Republican governors.

Paul also used his address in front of the National Urban League convention to make another pitch for expanding the voting rights of ex-cons.  "Nationwide, five million people are prevented from voting because of their criminal record. It's the biggest impediment to voting in our country. I want more people to vote, not less," Paul said.

He described himself as "a Republican who wants to restore a federal role for the government in the Voting Rights Act."

So he advocates:

1) A California Prop 47 style 'expunging of criminal records'

2) Increased voting by felons.

and

3) Restoring Federal oversight of elections under the VRA.

out of

Quoted:
His comments on Ferguson were unforgivable however.  Like Obama and Holder, he only inadvertently or not gave credence to the absurd narratives surrounding these incidents and irresponsibly fed into this victim culture now so prevalent.  Whether it was his ideological blindness or pandering doesn't matter, as it really makes me question this guy's judgement.  If he is pandering, well it puts him in terrible company.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He went to Ferguson to meet with the NAACP and the 'African American Studies Professor' quoted above.
View Quote

"Paul never said that"

"Source?"

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Rand is loon like his old man, Rubio is working on being a rino. He is not there yet but close
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#34]
lol
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you disagree?

+1

Broken clock and all that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2014/11/24/rand-pauls-mistake-courting-al-sharpton/

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/141120104523-rand-paul-sharpton-meeting-story-top.png

RINO:

"Paul's spokeswoman said the meeting with Sharpton was "another example of Sen. Paul's willingness to work across the aisle to solve our nation's problems."

http://c6.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/Rev.%20Sharpton%20%26%20Senator%20Rand%20Paul%202.png

"Anyone who thinks that race does not still, even if inadvertently, skew the application of criminal justice in this country is just not paying close enough attention. Our prisons are full of black and brown men and women who are serving inappropriately long and harsh sentences for non-violent mistakes in their youth. The militarization of our law enforcement is due to an unprecedented expansion of government power in this realm. It is one thing for federal officials to work in conjunction with local authorities to reduce or solve crime. It is quite another for them to subsidize it."

~ Rand Paul~

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me a fucking break.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/141120104523-rand-paul-sharpton-meeting-story-top.png

RINO:

http://c6.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/Rev.%20Sharpton%20%26%20Senator%20Rand%20Paul%202.png

~ Rand Paul~

I stand corrected.

Still, he is right. The War on Poverty and the War on Drugs has had a major negative effect on the black community. It's foolish to ignore that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#37]
These bashing Rand threads are becoming quite humorous. Topic starts out about Rubio's isolationist views on Cuba and gets derailed to "Rand questions police power and likes black people."
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Paul calling out Rubio??....<sigh> this is like two retards fighting over the TV remote at the nuthouse.

Rand's finger is getting chapped from the constant wetting and exposure to breezes.

Rubio is certified bi-polar:  All for Amnesty (sorry..."pathway to citizenship") when it comes to illegals flooding the US, but Cubans remain sharkbait.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Rand jumped the shark back at Ferguson, or maybe even a bit before that.  Not sure what he's up to, but I don't care for it.

That being said, I don't give a rat's diseased ass one way or another about Cuba. Blow it up, invade it, blockade it or open trade and call them our long lost Brothers.  Just...don't...care.  None of it's going to matter one iota to stopping the decline of this country.  It's just all smoke and mirrors to get us to take our eye off the ball, the destruction of the Constitution and the decline of our power.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
These bashing Rand threads are becoming quite humorous. Topic starts out about Rubio's isolationist views on Cuba and gets derailed to "Rand questions police power and likes black people."
View Quote

I always find it interesting that people who constantly bash anything libertarian feel the need to claim they supported Rand at some point until he did "X".
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I see some cigars in my future.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I always find it interesting that people who constantly bash anything libertarian feel the need to claim they supported Rand at some point until he did "X".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always find it interesting that Paul supporters constantly strive to divert attention away from his words and his actions when they are too damaging to spin.

I'm tired of RINOS like McCain and Rand Paul who say that they "reach across the aisle to solve our country's problems".

Or who suck up to racist charlatan scumbags of the likes of Al Sharpton and Barack Obama for political gain.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

buncha mobys around here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Sigh
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I always find it interesting that Paul supporters constantly strive to divert attention away from his words and his actions when they are too damaging to spin.

I'm tired of RINOS like McCain and Rand Paul who say that they "reach across the aisle to solve our country's problems".

Or who suck up to racist charlatan scumbags of the likes of Al Sharpton and Barack Obama for political gain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh how shocking that useful idiot Rand once again jumps head first into naive leftist narratives.  This guy is a joke.

http://cdn01.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/14/jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Do you disagree?

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, no.   The topic here is from the headline on Drudge, and it is about Rand going after Rubio, and calling him an isolationist.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm torn about ending the embargo.

I think Congress should vote on it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I think we could use a little isolationism.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top