Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Find out how much he really wants for the place, pool thier money, buy Him out. Make Him a great offer If He thinks about it He would probably like to get out of there himself.
Otherwise the township should begin taxing him at what he thinks its worth ($675,000 ) and see how long he ignores the tax bill--of course that way there WILL be a SWAT team in His future. Its His property He can do what He likes with it. Sounds like He was a decent neighbor till control freak lady came along. Funny how Christmas sometimes brings out the worst in some people. We had a neighbor that did an extensive display every year --We used to call it the house that Christmas threw up on--took them a month to get it all set up and caused brownouts through out the area each nite. This year He sold the house and moved,,now we kind of miss it.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So the local government is stating they never even tried to make this guy stop his former Christmas display?  A neighbor makes a suggestion and he goes psycho.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So the local government is stating they never even tried to make this guy stop his former Christmas display?  A neighbor makes a suggestion and he goes psycho.

From what I've seen, they didn't tell him to stop doing it, they just started ticketing him for parking violations and such.

So, indirectly saying it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wouldn't consider him a terrorist but he does sound like a giant asshole

"The worst sign, the neighbors said, included disparaging remarks about neighbor Tom White's late wife, posted the day after she died."
View Quote

If being an asshole makes someone a terrorist I'm in trouble.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't do Christmas lights. Although once, in my wayward young teenage years, I was filled with the spirit and decided "This Christmas thing is actually kinda cool!" and so right before the annual big unveiling of the Nativity on the town common, I snuck in there under the tarp, grabbed the plaster Baby Jesus, and took him out drinking. Then Baby Jesus told me he was having too much fun and didn't want to go back, so He and I came up with a plan to leave ransom notes for the city complete with polaroids of Baby Jesus at all kinds of different local landmarks. At least, I think Baby Jesus had something to do with coming up with the idea, but as I said, there was drinking involved so I may be mistaken on that.

Well, as you can imagine, there was a tad bit of an uproar when they unveiled and where the Baby Jesus used to lie was a note saying basically "If you wanna see The Baby Jesus alive again..." and a shit load of insane demands.

So, there's me and Baby Jesus on the run from the long arm of the law... He eventually fell out of the back of a pick-up truck on the interstate across the river in Vermont at about 90MPH...never saw Him again. Hope He got away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wonder what this guy's screen name is.  

One of his signs says "Do not enter you will be shot"

If it was Washington I would guess GrandfatherCoyote

I don't do Christmas lights. Although once, in my wayward young teenage years, I was filled with the spirit and decided "This Christmas thing is actually kinda cool!" and so right before the annual big unveiling of the Nativity on the town common, I snuck in there under the tarp, grabbed the plaster Baby Jesus, and took him out drinking. Then Baby Jesus told me he was having too much fun and didn't want to go back, so He and I came up with a plan to leave ransom notes for the city complete with polaroids of Baby Jesus at all kinds of different local landmarks. At least, I think Baby Jesus had something to do with coming up with the idea, but as I said, there was drinking involved so I may be mistaken on that.

Well, as you can imagine, there was a tad bit of an uproar when they unveiled and where the Baby Jesus used to lie was a note saying basically "If you wanna see The Baby Jesus alive again..." and a shit load of insane demands.

So, there's me and Baby Jesus on the run from the long arm of the law... He eventually fell out of the back of a pick-up truck on the interstate across the river in Vermont at about 90MPH...never saw Him again. Hope He got away.

This thread just got about 200% better.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I kinda want to get him one of these, and paint it some festive colors.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think that would be worth an assault charge and a night in jail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The worst sign, the neighbors said, included disparaging remarks about neighbor Tom White's late wife, posted the day after she died."

I think that would be worth an assault charge and a night in jail.

Would it be worth taking a bullet?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Dude looks like a serial killer in the interview from 5 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm surprised more houses don't mysteriously burn down.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I live like 20 minutes from this guy, maybe I'll take a roadtrip tomorrow.

For those that don't know, this is the same township where the resident shot up the town hall a year or two ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL at the "Do Not Enter You Will Be Shot" sign and the sign saying the house is for sale "only $675,840". The yard looks like a dump and the tarps over various portions of the house give it a touch of white trash class.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Making fun of some dudes dead wife is going to far.  I'd certainly want to fuck my neighbors over as much as I could if they cried over my awesome Christmas display and forced the law to have me takeit down.  But I wouldn't do that, that's just fucked up.  I'd probably just double the lights and keep adding more every time they bitch.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sounds like all the neighborhood needs is a nice cocktail party.
View Quote
The first thing I though of before reading the article was this is nothing a Molotov cocktail can't fix.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

bet they wish they had an HOA  
View Quote

my neighbors should be glad that we do

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
It sounds like they started it, fuck them.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#17]
My dad used to do a huge light display that went up the day after thanks giving. A few hundred thousand lights that brought tour buses, insane traffic, and fuck tons of money for Sentinel Santa, a local Orlando charity. The neighbors would only complain if they were on till 2 or 3 AM, no tickets, no crazy ladies, no drama. The moments the started ticketing this guy, they get what they get, it's all their fault and all the money that used to go to charities is no longer.... Maybe he could still pull in some charity cash with this display?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#18]
LMAO!

That aint even a messy yard around here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Before lawyers took all the fun out of life, this would have been dealt with through dueling.
View Quote

Bingo.

For those saying the neighbors are pussies, perhaps it is because the law today frowns heavily on dealing with this old bastard the way he ought to be dealt with.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#20]
He wants an apology.  Once he gets one, he will go back to the previous display, which was probably annoying, but not like it is now.  The neighbors declared war, he obliged.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Bingo.

For those saying the neighbors are pussies, perhaps it is because the law today frowns heavily on dealing with this old bastard the way he ought to be dealt with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Before lawyers took all the fun out of life, this would have been dealt with through dueling.

Bingo.

Someone needs to deal with that stupid hag the way she needs to be dealt with... buy some blinds!

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Meh, "Killdozer" is a game anyone can play. Someone just needs the dedication to play it better than him.

Who the fuck would want to put up with that shit every year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Meh, "Killdozer" is a game anyone can play. Someone just needs the dedication to play it better than him.

Quoted:
the best was the guy who always had a huge display (like mansion neighborhood, Monte Sereno, CA I believe). So big and generated so much traffic, that police would come help around Christmas with the cars.

Who the fuck would want to put up with that shit every year?

This is profoundly true.  We have dedicated, career-asshole neighbors.  People who have good neighbors should thank their lucky stars.

Guy in the news story sounds like he is begging his neighbors to form a vigilance committee and beat him to death.  I'd still rather have the asshole in the news story as a neighbor, than the mexican gang members I do have.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#23]
It is a few weeks out of the year.

I don't get it, two of my neighbors have a "light war" going, the results are utterly amazing. Those two houses look like you can see them from space.
Yeah, it snarls up traffic a bit but I don't mind slowing down and enjoying it.

Also, LOfrigginL at the guy who put the giant grinch up, sounds like a guy I would get along with.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
terrorism is the new cool word, it means "something I dont like"
View Quote

Oh cool!  Like "racist"!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
terrorism is the new cool word, it means "something I dont like"
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I see that is in Pittsburgh

Bitching about trivial shit and being an inflexibile hard head about it is the national pastime of the Steelers Nation

When Yinzers collide
View Quote

That ain't no shit.

Stop in a fire lane for a couple seconds to let 92 yer old Grandma out?

Some moron will say something to you.

That's why my standard answer this year is "Tell it to my parole officer."
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#27]

You owe me a keyboard
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Smells like freedom.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Guys a nutbag..

But i did laugh at the pissing santa..
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top