Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 2:15:00 AM EDT

I've been asked here from time to time if I knew where to find a kit or complete rifle well I stumbled on these two. If you are interested pm me and I will pass the info on to you on where they are.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:27:49 AM EDT
[#1]
god dammit I wish I wasn't broke
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:38:23 AM EDT
[#2]
How much do those usually go for?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Needs more Rhoadie para...

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:42:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

god dammit I wish I wasn't broke
View Quote
Fuck, me too....

I've been REALLY lusting after a FAL since I was 15....
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Instead of having to IM a bunch of people back, why don't you just post the freakin' link?

ETA:  Or am I posting in a not so subtle, subtle EE thread?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:44:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I've always wanted one, and I'm sure they'll be all gone if I don't jump soon but I'm pretty strapped for cash....

They don't happen to be in AZ do they?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Instead of having to IM a bunch of people back, why don't you just post the freakin' link?

ETA:  Or am I posting in a not so subtle, subtle EE thread?
View Quote
Well I am trying to do this the right way as they are not mine I just happen to stumble on them for sale elsewhere and I'm trying to follow the rules :)

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Truthfully? A nicer kit with most of it's paint will set you back 500.00 usually. Most of the ones I come across are usually missing most of their original paint or just beat to hell so finding ones with the paint, matching numbers or a nice barrel is getting pretty hard these days. I've seen nice examples sell north of a 1000.00

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:52:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7320/11059907583_f5611f0fe2_z.jpghttp://farm3.staticflickr.com/2883/11060011586_7bfbe27f1f_z.jpg

I've been asked here from time to time if I knew where to find a kit or complete rifle well I stumbled on these two. If you are interested pm me and I will pass the info on to you on where they are.
View Quote

OH sure, dangle something like that in front of me, and then have a full message inbox.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:55:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
OH sure, dangle something like that in front of me, and then have a full message inbox.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7320/11059907583_f5611f0fe2_z.jpghttp://farm3.staticflickr.com/2883/11060011586_7bfbe27f1f_z.jpg

cleared out some messages

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Truthfully? A nicer kit with most of it's paint will set you back 500.00 usually. Most of the ones I come across are usually missing most of their original paint or just beat to hell so finding ones with the paint, matching numbers or a nice barrel is getting pretty hard these days. I've seen nice examples sell north of a 1000.00  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never had a Rhodie metric kit with a inch side folding charging handle, complete, non-snapped off carry handle, non-grenade site gas plug, and century arms cast receiver like those.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:59:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

filled up again lol
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Never had a Rhodie metric kit with a inch side folding charging handle, complete, non-snapped off carry handle, non-grenade site gas plug, and century arms cast receiver like those.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah you need a few parts. The things that stick out are the inch side folding handles. Get a metric handle which is easy enough to find. The Cast receivers are meh. Like any build it can be put on a better receiver and yes some of them did have carry handles and slings not common but did happen.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:01:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
filled up again lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

filled up again lol

Not according to mine

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:11:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I definitely want to get a decent parts kit (nicer than the one I used for a build) to do one more Rhodie build, but using an R1-style receiver (which of course means an R1 parts kit).  It'll be a couple of months at least before I can fit it into my budget, but I definitely want to get another kit.  It's just too bad that I can't pay what I did two years ago ($220 shipped for the kit, which was a mix of R1 and Zim IMBEL parts with minimal Rhodie paint, but the barrel had an outstanding bore and I was able to use the kit's locking shoulder and get correct headspace).  If the price was right I would also consider some of the more unusual parts kits, like a Rhodie G1 or Para (especially a SA Para or one with a hiduminium lower).
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice looking rifles. I bet they gonna cost some coin.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:52:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SaigamanTX is legit as fuck, guys. If you want a Rhodie FAL and have the money, go for it-- I wouldn't have mine if it weren't for him. He found one a year ago or so and I managed to snag a HUGE package deal from the seller. Lo and behold, electropenciled serial numbers and proof marks on the barrel beneath the hand guards.

Those are gorgeous examples. I'd say the begin closer to $1200 for a good one.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

SaigamanTX is legit as fuck, guys. If you want a Rhodie FAL and have the money, go for it-- I wouldn't have mine if it weren't for him. He found one a year ago or so and I managed to snag a HUGE package deal from the seller. Lo and behold, electropenciled serial numbers and proof marks on the barrel beneath the hand guards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1,200?  Geez, that's damn pricey.  Mine cost me less than half that two years ago and it's a great shooter and has never had a single stoppage that wasn't related to a bad magazine.  The only way it could be nicer would be to have more Rhodie paint on it and matching numbers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Im sent
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:59:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you post yours.....I'm tired of posting mine

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:19:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll post mine.  Cost me $550 two years ago including the receiver, the parts kit, shipping, FFL fees, and assembly.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#22]
sent
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#23]
OH what the hell!

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top