BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 696
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
Chim and I were platooning last night.  He wanted to run his Tier 3 TD, so I brought my T-127 along.

MM put us in a game where we were the only Tier 3 tanks.  Some Tier 4 tanks, and mostly Tier 5s.

I hid most of the time, but managed to shoot a Hetzer that was distracted by a team mate.  I shot him about 8 times with Gold, did not pen him at all.

Near the end of the game, I went into their backfield and spotted their arty.  I shot him twice, neither penned him.  Then I was one-shotted.

Why does WOT put you in games where you cannot possibly do any damage to other tanks?  What a waste of time.

View Quote

If it makes you feel any better I bounced a GW Tiger from a straight shot from my bat chat twice in a row.  Not some goofy angle but straight on...tell me how that works?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:
So Finally Bought the KV2 the King of Derp tastic and this Happened.

2500 WN8 not bad.

Sees T 25/2 at 477 Meters Waits for Reticle to Go to lowest Fires and BOOM holy fuck that just happened. Vaporized.

http://i.imgur.com/E7bEX4y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/527kNYf.jpg
View Quote

Fun tank, I'm hot or cold in mine - I think I'd do better if I shot gold AP in certain situations.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tyman:

100% win rate in it so far

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jblomenberg16:
Originally Posted By BigheadCCT:
Purchased: 'T20' successfully purchased. Spent :  1,340,000

:3

You will love it.

+87.  Really fun tank if played well.  

Guys...I'm telling you...you need to have a T-46 in the garage for general seal clubbing.  Picked up my 4th Ace badge in it today.  the 45mm gun has great pen and decent damage.

Same here but I only played one game with it.  

JB convinced me to pick it up and it's pretty fun.  The 45mm VT-42 is a sweet gun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:55:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#5]
Is war gaming not doing the on track missions anymore?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wav3form:

JB convinced me to pick it up and it's pretty fun.  The 45mm VT-42 is a sweet gun.
View All Quotes

You will love it.

Guys...I'm telling you...you need to have a T-46 in the garage for general seal clubbing.  Picked up my 4th Ace badge in it today.  the 45mm gun has great pen and decent damage.

Oh, I was talking about the T20.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

You will love it.

Love me some T46
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Another question, please

I just logged into WOT and was going to run my E-25.  Just as the game starts, my internet dropped me completely off the net.  I tried to get back in, but could not do so.  Finally had to restart my computer.

I log in to WOT again and have a system message that I was reported for being a BOT or something.  It also said that the next time I would be punished.

Is there any way to protest and explain why I was AFK?

View Quote

Sure send in a ticket.... but no one cares

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tim_AZ] [#9]
Another question, please

I just logged into WOT and was going to run my E-25.  Just as the game starts, my internet dropped me completely off the net.  I tried to get back in, but could not do so.  Finally had to restart my computer.

I log in to WOT again and have a system message that I was reported for being a BOT or something.  It also said that the next time I would be punished.

View Quote

I wouldn't sweat it.  You have to get multiple reports and they have a life span I believe. I got reported for being a bot because I found a good place to shoot near the spawn and was too busy killing to chat.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By sseagle:

I think its to either build character <snip>
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sseagle:

Why does WOT put you in games where you cannot possibly do any damage to other tanks?  What a waste of time.

I think its to either build character <snip>
You, sir, have a wonderful sense of humor.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Again! GwE100 HE 21cm round...direct hit on 13 75s tracks, no explosion. breaks his tracks and causes no damage.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Its been one gang rape after another today. Only had 1 reasonably close match. Are the players on today that bad or is MM really that fucked?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

Again! GwE100 HE 21cm round...direct hit on 13 75s tracks, no explosion. breaks his tracks and causes no damage.
View Quote
Did you notice if the round was all blue, before firing it?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Fun tank, I'm hot or cold in mine - I think I'd do better if I shot gold AP in certain situations.
View All Quotes
So Finally Bought the KV2 the King of Derp tastic and this Happened.

2500 WN8 not bad.

Sees T 25/2 at 477 Meters Waits for Reticle to Go to lowest Fires and BOOM holy fuck that just happened. Vaporized.

http://i.imgur.com/E7bEX4y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/527kNYf.jpg

I just bought KV2 also.  I don't know why waited so long.  At tier 6, it is very over powering.  Watching out for the mediums closing on you and doing circle of death.  Have a friend near by to support you.
In tier 8, be the support for distance while other tier 8  heavies engage.

So far, I just can't believe how accurate that 152mm gun is.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:

Its been one gang rape after another today. Only had 1 reasonably close match. Are the players on today that bad or is MM really that fucked?
View Quote
See, what people don't know is that manic Moran helped write the code for MM. So, naturally, WG got both.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Found out a Tiger 1 doesn't have enough depression to hit an E-25 if you pin him and love his engine tenderly, like a dolphin would.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By crurifragium:

Found out a Tiger 1 doesn't have enough depression to hit an E-25 if you pin him and love his engine tenderly, like a dolphin would.
View Quote
Neither can a Lowe. Its fun to watch them squirm, isn't it?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:43:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#18]
Anyone else doing the WZ 111111111 mission? I know zoomies is and that's about it.  Two countries down so far overall for me
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Saxplayer:

JB, the mod I'm using that gives me that info is Yasen Krasen Vanilla WN8 graphical, .0.9.4.4
View All Quotes
Not a bad way to end the day. 26/44, a 59.1% win rate and a 1638 WN8. Also got my Indien-Panzer ground out.
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/Saxplayer1911/shot_046_zps93cc352c.jpg
Tank stats for the day
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/Saxplayer1911/shot_047_zps629b9744.jpg

Good work!  I like the mod you have that shows tank WR in the carousel.  What is it?  I might have to look at the OMC installer to see if it is in there.

JB, the mod I'm using that gives me that info is Yasen Krasen Vanilla WN8 graphical, .0.9.4.4

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Another question, please

View Quote

WOW...I'm surprised to hear it actually did something.  On a given night I usually spend all 10 of my "complaints" reporting people for BOT / AFK.  I didn't figure it actually did anything other that make me feel better.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:19:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#21]
Originally Posted By Nermal13:

I just bought KV2 also.  I don't know why waited so long.  At tier 6, it is very over powering.  Watching out for the mediums closing on you and doing circle of death.  Have a friend near by to support you.

View Quote

Hush now About how accurate the 152 MM is please i do not want it known why i am making Accurate and very deadly 400 plus meter kill shots Best 1 so far was 499 meters,

With out the GLD or Vents just rammer.

I am finding out Tier 8's do not like losing 400 plus damage from a KV2 152 mm gun.

Splash damage is nice.

Grabbed the KV2 today while it was on sale for 640 K a bargain at that price.

Made 10K exp on the KV2 today i might just be just going for that S51 arty yet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:32:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#22]

Hush now About how accurate the 152 MM is please i do not want it known why i am making Accurate and very deadly 400 plus meter kill shots Best 1 so far was 499 meters,

I am finding out Tier 8's do not like losing 400 plus damage from a KV2 152 mm gun.

Splash damage is nice.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Nermal13:

Splash damage is nice.

Easiest grind in the game for the s51. Simply because the kv2 is so much fun. Glad you got it and like it, cat. Beware though, soon you will run out of dissidents to sacrifice and Stalin will no longer reach up from the depths hell and guide your rounds to target.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm about to come back and play WoT for a while.  Haven't played for about 6 months or something.

Have they screwed this game up?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#24]

Originally Posted By FiftyCalibre:

I'm about to come back and play WoT for a while.  Haven't played for about 6 months or something.

View Quote

they changed it to all mediums all the time.

took out a lot of bushes.

reduced camo on TDs.

Hellcat is insanely under-everythinged.

There is a new US light tank line of T37/M41 bulldog that is insanely fun.

I don't remember if you played much arty, but there is a new 1st person arty view that is insane.

Search for World of Tanks mod Battle Assistant.  (watch a youtube video to see it in action)

this is my view of a tank I shot with it....

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:15:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deere_John_16] [#25]

View Quote

They still have a macro that when you are on a shit hot streak, promptly puts you in your place and makes sure you won't win.

Combined 2 for fucking 14 in my KV1 and KV220 tonight.  Better than 1/2 of those games we were up at some point only to have the team piss it completely away.  Amazing how it is pre-determined which tanks are winners and losers for a given session.  Even had a draw in the KV220 when we were up 10-5.  Some dill rod 200 WN8 in a M2 light tank snuck back to our cap and was able to cap within the time to get the draw.  Nobody could figure out how to go back and kill him.

Didn't matter what I did...was not going to win in either tank.  And because I'm a stubborn SOB I pushed it and wrecked my win rate for both.  Oh well...I finally won in my 8th game on each of them.... PERSISTANCE PAYS OFF!!!!  

This battle it was down to me vs. 7 tanks.  Killed 5 of them but alas they were able to cap it out before I could get back.

Tank  Wins  AvgDmg   WN8

KV-1  1/7  562  1 157
KV-220 1/7   785 1 682
T-46 3/6   247 1 317
T18 1/2   291 1 120
Chaffee 1/1   625 2 174
Matilda IV 1/1   767 1 535
Marder II 1/1   757 2 476
Cruiser III 1/1   321 1 337
M3 Lee 1/1   592 2 389

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

View All Quotes

they changed it to all mediums all the time.  
took out a lot of bushes.

reduced camo on TDs.

I don't remember if you played much arty, but there is a new 1st person arty view that is insane.

Search for World of Tanks mod Battle Assistant.  (watch a youtube video to see it in action)

This battle assistant is interesting...

Gah.  If they reduced camo on TDs then I may just give up on the 2nd German TD line, unless they are still awesome
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Hmm... I tried to coerce you to try it for a couple days....     It is really quite different.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zoomies:
Looks like daddy has a new toy to play with. Of course, a shit team that lets you get overrun won't help much. And it takes some getting used to, but goddamn, I like this.
Hmm... I tried to coerce you to try it for a couple days....     It is really quite different.  

You did, but I've had bad experiences in the past with mods, so I was hesitant. Man, was I wrong
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:21:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#28]
Ever see a Batchat get punted like a football? I have

http://wotreplays.com/site/1447694#erlenberg-joecoastie99-e-50

My platoon mate, who I was trying to save about peed she was laughing so hard.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:22:36 AM EDT
[#29]

They still have a macro that when you are on a shit hot streak, promptly puts you in your place and makes sure you won't win.

Combined 2 for fucking 14 in my KV1 and KV220 tonight.  Better than 1/2 of those games we were up at some point only to have the team piss it completely away.  Amazing how it is pre-determined which tanks are winners and losers for a given session.  Even had a draw in the KV220 when we were up 10-5.  Some dill rod 200 WN8 in a M2 light tank snuck back to our cap and was able to cap within the time to get the draw.  Nobody could figure out how to go back and kill him.

Didn't matter what I did...was not going to win in either tank.  And because I'm a stubborn SOB I pushed it and wrecked my win rate for both.  Oh well...I finally won in my 8th game on each of them.... PERSISTANCE PAYS OFF!!!!  

This battle it was down to me vs. 7 tanks.  Killed 5 of them but alas they were able to cap it out before I could get back.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOT/shot_021_zps2f37473b.jpg

Tank  Wins  AvgDmg   WN8

KV-1  1/7  562  1 157

KV-220 1/7   785 1 682

T-46 3/6   247 1 317

T18 1/2   291 1 120

Chaffee 1/1   625 2 174

M3 Lee 1/1   592 2 389
View All Quotes

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/jblomenberg16/WOT/shot_021_zps2f37473b.jpg

Tank  Wins  AvgDmg   WN8

KV-1  1/7  562  1 157

KV-220 1/7   785 1 682

T-46 3/6   247 1 317

T18 1/2   291 1 120

Chaffee 1/1   625 2 174

M3 Lee 1/1   592 2 389
noice!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:04:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:

View Quote
OK, that shit was funny!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#31]
OK, that shit was funny!  
View All Quotes

OK, that shit was funny!  

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sirensong:

OK, that shit was funny!  
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6705/boratgreatsuccessd.jpg
Anyone else read that Borat Meme in one of Zoomie's character voices?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Holy mother of God, what the hell is going on out there? In the last two weeks my w/r has gone from 51 to 49%, and my WN8  has nosedived. I won't profess to be anything more than a slightly above average player, but its been one tomato team after another, day after day....Team after team where XVM win chance is 21%, 22%, 33%, etc...etc.... Teams where the outcome wasn't even close. SO bad that I get maybe two or three rounds off only to look up and see that half my team is dead in that same timeframe.

I'm at the point where rage quitting seems a viable option. The matchmaking has made this game nothing more than a joke...Its no longer enjoyable when you play on team after team where you're the only one with a win % at 50 or above.....

Is this a phase or the way its going to be from now on?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sirensong:

OK, that shit was funny!  

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6705/boratgreatsuccessd.jpg
I wish I could make gif files. " don't touch my arty, Jake "

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#35]

they changed it to all mediums all the time.   took out a lot of bushes.
reduced camo on TDs.

http://i.imgur.com/4x71lED.png

Gah.  If they reduced camo on TDs then I may just give up on the 2nd German TD line, unless they are still awesome
View All Quotes

reduced camo on TDs.

Premium TDs didn't get their camo nerfed FYI.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By ChrisLe:

Holy mother of God, what the hell is going on out there? In the last two weeks my w/r has gone from 51 to 49%, and my WN8  has nosedived. I won't profess to be anything more than a slightly above average player, but its been one tomato team after another, day after day....Team after team where XVM win chance is 21%, 22%, 33%, etc...etc.... Teams where the outcome wasn't even close. SO bad that I get maybe two or three rounds off only to look up and see that half my team is dead in that same timeframe.

I'm at the point where rage quitting seems a viable option. The matchmaking has made this game nothing more than a joke...Its no longer enjoyable when you play on team after team where you're the only one with a win % at 50 or above.....

Is this a phase or the way its going to be from now on?
View Quote
Its a phase. Everyone gets highs and lows in this game. Yesterday I played against stacked teams non stop. Either I was on my game or I wasn't. If I wasn't it was brutal if I was, it was a good fight. I actually had a few games that were full on 15/13 15/14 games. Then there were the ones where 9 players would be held back by one waffle e100 and literally just sat for 8 minutes letting him reload over and over and piece meal them 1x1. You know, instead of finding the other avenue of approach. You also need to take into account that it is winter break for all the schools, combined with big sales and the WZ1111111 mission which makes people play like retards. If I had a sheriff account I would run it non-stop right now just to ratchet up the insanity. Lol
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

reduced camo on TDs.

Good. The box tank needs all the help it can get.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:01:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#39]
I see they added the new tier 8 premium.  Any thoughts on it?

Fuck it, who am I kidding, I'll just buy the fucking thing anyways.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Ok so here is a question for yall. What's your "go to" vehicle. The one that clicked from the very start, has never left your garage even though it might be low or mid tier. It's the tank you play when your pissed at the game because you know win or loose that your going to have fun that match.

Mine, don't laugh to hard

The Sherman is mine. I almost never have a bad game. Sure I loose in it a fair bit, but it's almost never a "bad" game for me. I've used it as a scout. Trained 3seperate crews for other vehicles in it. It's one of only three I sprang for the full permanent cammoflage, replacement turret "logo" and signature on the side.

I play many other vehicles. But if I'm feeling low or need a good game, I climb in ole blood and guts and grease her threads with the entrails of my enemies
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By Diesel_Maximus_2992:

Ok so here is a question for yall. What's your "go to" vehicle. The one that clicked from the very start, has never left your garage even though it might be low or mid tier. It's the tank you play when your pissed at the game because you know win or loose that your going to have fun that match.

View Quote
They took it away

KV-1S, old school.

I had a 69% WR in that with 650+ battles.  only about 100 of those were TC battles, too.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#42]

They took it away

KV-1S, old school.

I had a 69% WR in that with 650+ battles.  only about 100 of those were TC battles, too.

View All Quotes

They took it away

KV-1S, old school.

I feel your pain. I didn't know mine for very long because I just never wanted Russian heavies till recently. But she was a good tank. The 85 is a shell of what the 1s used to be

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Mine, don't laugh to hard

The Sherman is mine. I almost never have a bad game. Sure I loose in it a fair bit, but it's almost never a "bad" game for me. I've used it as a scout. Trained 3seperate crews for other vehicles in it. It's one of only three I sprang for the full permanent cammoflage, replacement turret "logo" and signature on the side.

I play many other vehicles. But if I'm feeling low or need a good game, I climb in ole blood and guts and grease her threads with the entrails of my enemies
T67 for me. Just good ole seal clubbing. It has no armor and a slow turret and can be one shot by a lot of tanks. Instill rape face with it. I have three stars on it, how could I get rid if it?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Running 100% vanilla because of the patch. I must say, wargaming did well to add the last known positions on the mini map. Really, I just ran two games and actually liked it. My one gripe though is not being able to go anyblarger with the map. I like mine big and in your face.

Oh and I noticed they changed the 3,2,1,m badges. Neat little touch/ attention to detail.

Oh, and why did I dislike the T29?! I just took it out for the first time in 6 months and had a 3k damage game with it. Us wz111 grind is gonna be fun
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Easiest grind in the game for the s51. Simply because the kv2 is so much fun. Glad you got it and like it, cat. Beware though, soon you will run out of dissidents to sacrifice and Stalin will no longer reach up from the depths hell and guide your rounds to target.  
View Quote

All My Russian tanks have 52% or Higher Win rate. Well the KV Line .

Re buying all the Russian KV tanks before they go off sale and Equipping them the right way.

Really need to start on that IS line.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
I wished my stats were that good at 6k. Nice job and keep up the good work. Still liking the kv2?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Re buying all the Russian KV tanks before they go off sale and Equipping them the right way.

View All Quotes

Really not a big fan of the IS to be honest. I remember it catching fire at just about every inopportune time. I mounted a filter and ran a prem fire extinguisher in conjunction with preventative maintenance. I have yet to catch fire in that tank now.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Bah... No 907 until tomorrow!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Sweet! Light tanks finally get xp bonus for spotting damage. 10% per tier maximum of 30% bonus.
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top