BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 696
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

80mm of armor and you're looking at the commander's hatch?   Are you serious?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
Originally Posted By hwj_chim:
AMX 30B

Fucking hell it is coming!

http://pigroll.com/img/jack_nicholson_came.jpg

Look at that big ass commanders hatch to shoot at

There's that - but it would also be terribly difficult to pop up out of cover and get a shot off without someone putting an HE round into the viewing port...
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely time to sell arty.

GwE100 with ~300 average pen, and I crit for no damage on a Tiger 2 and an M48 Patton.

Done with it.
View Quote

Last night was a terrible night for me - I went 2:14.

There was one moment that was awesome, though. I was in a T-20, and was busily running away from a pair of SU-152s that got the jump on me as I was cut off from the rest of my team. I had less than 5% HP left, and I was high-tailing it back to base on a road that provided enough partially cover I thought I could make it. As I'm turning off the road to go up the hill to base, a T-29 comes over the top of the berm I was using for cover and put a round directly into the back of my tank. It bounced.

The guy was shooting gold ammo, from <100m away, and hit me dead center. That armor is supposed to be 38mm thick. His gun/ammo combination is listed at 245mm of penetration.

... and it fucking bounced.

At least I wasn't the only one the RNG fucks with.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:08:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#3]

View All Quotes
AMX 30B

Ermagherd

Actually yes I am serious. Some poor sap is going to get crowned because of its height lol. 80mm or armor dont mean shit when they are behind a million hp dead tank of rock but that thing sure looks hard to hide. Anyway back to the I was just looking at the picture didnt read a lick of its stats so yeah, I am not a gamer by any stretch. You should have used more to show how disconcerted you were.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#4]
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

There's that - but it would also be terribly difficult to pop up out of cover and get a shot off without someone putting an HE round into the viewing port...
View Quote

Thats what I was thinking but I will always be a noob as this game evidently, Oh wellz lol. Thats why I dont platoon or do CW

Figured if the player was able to hide his hull and turret that would be easy to aim at
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

Tiger and Panther operators manuals, provided by Henschel.

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/02/wwii-nazis-tank-manuals-unexpectedly.html

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/attachments/technical/39735d1299770667t-ww2-mics-vehicles-tiger-tank.pdf  

Something interesting is the use of females in the illustrations.  Is it just humor, or attempt to keep the user's interest?

http://i.imgur.com/B8LZFn2.jpg

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wv7pLMxzVjs/T2wDrsLF_0I/AAAAAAAAAGI/zT5QgLWx8R0/s800/A8.jpg

View Quote

I'm not sure if they still do it, but [geezer] Back in MY day [/geezer] the soldier level manuals were littered with buxom, bikini-clad blondes.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOTHERmaninblack] [#6]
What the literal fuck is going on with embedding?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=kn271kr_ks0&x-yt-ts=1422579428#t=25

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:38:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#7]

ETA looks like it works fine... to make youtube videos embed, press the "Share" icon below the video, and it will open a field with a link in it. Use that link, to post on ARFCOM with the Flash Player Video button.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

http://youtu.be/kn271kr_ks0  

That's what I've been doing.  Well, actually, I tried both media and flash.  Looking at the code, it looks like the Arfcom editor is adding an extra http// to the front of the url.  Ah well...

View Quote

ETA looks like it works fine... to make youtube videos embed, press the "Share" icon below the video, and it will open a field with a link in it. Use that link, to post on ARFCOM with the Flash Player Video button.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Just found out an E-25 can face rape a Tiger (P) through the turret front while they don't have the depression to touch you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Ermagherd

Actually yes I am serious. Some poor sap is going to get crowned because of its height lol. 80mm or armor dont mean shit when they are behind a million hp dead tank of rock but that thing sure looks hard to hide. Anyway back to the I was just looking at the picture didnt read a lick of its stats so yeah, I am not a gamer by any stretch. You should have used more to show how disconcerted you were.
View All Quotes

AMX 30B

80mm of armor and you're looking at the commander's hatch? Are you serious?

Ermagherd

Forgive me, I didn't realize your ovaries were inflamed tonight.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes
AMX 30B

80mm of armor and you're looking at the commander's hatch? Are you serious?

Ermagherd

/Masturbating furiously.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:14:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#12]
View Quote

Sorry man, was in a shit mood earlier. Sorry for dumpin on ya
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#14]
played tonight, for the first time in about a month.  8 bit is a hoot, but the level of play in regular games was just awful.

on the good side, i went 6 for 7 in the E75, with an average WN8 of 4308.

but apparently i couldn't stand success, and decided to play other tanks also.  ergo i finished the night at 47% win and a WN8 less than half that.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:11:34 AM EDT
[#15]
You're welcome team

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I forget whoever said the M44 was good but....they were fucking right...great arty.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Had some down time today on my business trip so caught up on the thread.  How long is the 8-bit tank fun going to be around?  I'm off line for another week or so, but would love me some rapidly trained crews to have around for the future.

All this talk of the M44 has me thinking maybe I'll buy it back.  Gave it (and all other arty) up in the last great arty nerf, and have only played the BERT since.  The new aim mode seems to help make me a bit more accurate, but still very frustrating when a fully aimed shot doesn't at least draw iron.  I'm ok with not being able to hit tank weak spots with indirect fire.  But after 15+ seconds of aiming I ought to at least hit the damn take some where!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Had this one with Sax tonight, I said fuck it and waded in....ooh, dat 92% hit rate....

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:26:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zoomies] [#19]
Originally Posted By beardog30:
I forget whoever said the M44 was good but....they were fucking right...great arty.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:29:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zoomies] [#20]
Originally Posted By jblomenberg16:
Had some down time today on my business trip so caught up on the thread.  How long is the 8-bit tank fun going to be around?  I'm off line for another week or so, but would love me some rapidly trained crews to have around for the future.

All this talk of the M44 has me thinking maybe I'll buy it back.  Gave it (and all other arty) up in the last great arty nerf, and have only played the BERT since.  The new aim mode seems to help make me a bit more accurate, but still very frustrating when a fully aimed shot doesn't at least draw iron.  I'm ok with not being able to hit tank weak spots with indirect fire.  But after 15+ seconds of aiming I ought to at least hit the damn take some where!
View Quote

I don't know how far you went up the American line, but the M44 and the M53/55 are the high points in that line. If you like vaporizing tier 9 and 10 motherfuckers, M53/55. And the M44 is just fun as hell.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Man, I wish I could justify getting one of those (assuming they haven't disappeared already) but my poverty is overriding my desire.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By jblomenberg16:

View Quote

Feb 9.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:04:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nermal13] [#23]
Originally Posted By Saxplayer:

Jingles and Quickybaby.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brassburn:
Are there any particular Youtube videos or posters I should look for to help me with tactics and tips for different tanks?  I am so inconsistent it's sad.

Jingles and Quickybaby.

Jingles is more of an entertainer.
Quickybaby does review on how to play the tank and how to take it out.

There are videos of pros giving solo tips.  I don't have the link at the moment.  Some americans like zeven (he's got excellent pub solo videos)

You can also download replays from wotreplays and watch others (doesn't guarantee anything.  You still have to practice.  I am good with my T29 but horrible with M103.  Just getting the hang of T32 but I sold it.)
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I am loving the AMX CDC on the test server. If they keep it close to what is on the test server now, it is a must buy for me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Zoomies, sax, leisure, turbo, Larry, any of you guysind smurfing my account while I'm out of town? I could use a good Russian light crew
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#26]
This one is for the Arty Lovers.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Nermal13:

There are videos of pros giving solo tips.  I don't have the link at the moment.  Some americans like zeven (he's got excellent pub solo videos)

You can also download replays from wotreplays and watch others (doesn't guarantee anything.  You still have to practice.  I am good with my T29 but horrible with M103.  Just getting the hang of T32 but I sold it.)
View All Quotes
Are there any particular Youtube videos or posters I should look for to help me with tactics and tips for different tanks?  I am so inconsistent it's sad.

Jingles and Quickybaby.

Got a link for the highlighted one
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Fun in my Tier2 again

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Good night of tanking, good rolling with you Sax, Larry, Toney and anybody else I missed!

And here's my progress since joining my new clan.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:29:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zoomies] [#30]
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/134/f/7/dora_motivational_by_bladeform-d658a0v.jpg
View Quote

Gustav 800mm arty round next to a T-34-85

Dat 30-45 minute reload though And it won't take fans.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Zoomies:

http://i.imgur.com/aSQoahgl.png

View All Quotes

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/134/f/7/dora_motivational_by_bladeform-d658a0v.jpg

clearly OP.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Good night of tanking, good rolling with you Sax, Larry, Toney and anybody else I missed!

http://i.imgur.com/3CDe2IIl.png

And here's my progress since joining my new clan.

http://i.imgur.com/JiEplRel.png
View Quote
Top fotay clan delivers!

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:04:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saxplayer] [#33]
Here is the replay of me and Zoomies carrying a complete donkey team. 11 combined kills, almost 5500 combined damage. The next highest damage on the team was an easy 8 with just north of 500.
Click me
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Here is the replay of me and Zoomies carrying a complete donkey team. 11 combined kills, almost 5500 combined damage. The next highest damage on the team was an easy 8 with just north of 500.

Click me
View Quote
So a seal walks into a club..... I love typing that in all chat when I play my T67. nice work btw

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:27:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#35]
MM hate me and my M44 crew.  thanks for 2 days of complete frustration, zoomies.

My teams just literally melt before me.

My 3-skill crew, freshly out of 8-bit academy, cannot hit a standing still tank at 400m.

It seems as though, I would be better off picking a spot on the outside rim of the reticle, as the round is NEVER going to the center.... that's the one spot that is safe for OPFOR.

I can't seem to shake the bad luck stink on this tank.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
So a seal walks into a club..... I love typing that in all chat when I play my T67. nice work btw  
View All Quotes
Click me

Thanks! I was laughing my ass off at Zoomies when he harpooned that Hummel. The only thing I could think of was a clip from Animal House
Ramming Speed!!!!

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Zoomies, sax, leisure, turbo, Larry, any of you guysind smurfing my account while I'm out of town? I could use a good Russian light crew
View Quote

Yeah, I could do a little 8bit for ya.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Thanks! I was laughing my ass off at Zoomies when he harpooned that Hummel. The only thing I could think of was a clip from Animal House
Ramming Speed!!!!
http://youtu.be/odA_EVwVycU
View All Quotes
Click me

Ramming Speed!!!!
http://youtu.be/odA_EVwVycU

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I know I got a good giggle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Text me would ya. Lost your number and your inbox is full

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By sirensong:

clearly OP.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sirensong:

clearly OP.

What's the biggest railway gun the Russians fielded?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Go atomic. WOT needs to add this as it's the only way that I'm going to advance past the mission where you need to damage 2 tanks with one shot, cause' it sure as hell isn't going to happen with the guns I currently have.

M65 Atomic Cannon
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By jrpett:

Go atomic. WOT needs to add this as it's the only way that I'm going to advance past the mission where you need to damage 2 tanks with one shot, cause' it sure as hell isn't going to happen with the guns I currently have.

M65 Atomic Cannon
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ju35GPk89H8/0.jpg
View Quote

NOPE ya need some one to make them get Bunched up like i had happen earleir today there was 5 heavies within 5 meters of each other had   been in an Arty i would have had a dream shot.

Did are arty take advantage of what the Medium tonks did NOPE.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Just had a fun one in the Bishop even tho we lost...

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:42:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#44]
Ok I take back saying I figured the BAt Chat . I didnt. I absolutely friggin suck in it. Its just one of those tanks that I cannot do well in and when I do its on a loss anyway. Looks like its time to sell and start driving the much more fun Lorr.

I am not saying its a bad tank. Just saying that I am exponentially bad in it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:01:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Ok I take back saying I figured the BAt Chat . I didnt. I absolutely friggin suck in it. Its just one of those tanks that I cannot do well in and when I do its on a loss anyway. Looks like its time to sell and start driving the much more fun Lorr.

View Quote

I also just got mine.  After you got yours. I'm also still figuring it out.  

Don't sell it.  Give it a short break.  Watch some replays of others Playing it.  Get in some platoons.

Tanks require a break in period.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:27:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Words

View All Quotes

Jingles and Quickybaby.

Words

All of the above.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:14:50 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Just wait. Once I put my crew in it, we can platoon and succeed or fail horrifically together.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:40:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Ok, so I joined a clan about 6 weeks ago.  Things are going ok, but does Arfcom offer something better?

My recent WN8 is about 825, so I'm not great, but competent.

Are you guys running CW and Skrims?

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:40:30 AM EDT
[#49]

So, after my complaints about the T-34 a few pages back, and with this weekend's T-34 event(s), I decided to go all out on it.

Took awhile to get the hang of it and took a fair bit of gold, especially with all the Tier 7s it sees, but I managed to grind out all three tanks it branches out to (already have the SU-85).

It wasn't cheap, as far as the credits go, but I ground out a good 70 or 80k xp in a few hours.

Wins: 22/34

Avg Dmg: 625

WN8: 1862

Mind you, there were a good 8-12 0-100 damage matches at the beginning of that.  MM was really hitting me hard, especially at the beginning of the run.

I still prefer the Sherman or Pz IV H.

Which of the follow on tanks do you guys recommend?  I'm kind of leaning towards going for the A-44.  I almost never see them in the game, but when I do, they always seem pretty good.  I kind of like that back mounted turret.  I'll probably try them all eventually.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:07:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Floridian] [#50]
I sorta did a bad thing...

I blocked a teammate in, but for a valid tactical reason.  Skating on your non-turreted TD's is not helpful toward winning, so I made him stick around.  

http://youtu.be/dLPf-mvNSCE

[youtube]http://youtu.be/dLPf-mvNSCE[/youtube]

and I still can't get the damned thing to work
Page / 696
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top